tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
The Punchbowl Country Pub & Restaurant image
The Punchbowl Country Pub & Restaurant image
The Punchbowl Country Pub & Restaurant image
The Punchbowl Country Pub & Restaurant image
The Punchbowl Country Pub & Restaurant image

2 for 1 at The Punchbowl Country Pub & Restaurant

The award-winning Punchbowl, in Churchtown, has a reputation for excellent hospitality, fantastic food and friendly dining.

The staff at the venue really know how to look after their customers; that’s why visitors from nearby Garstang, Lancaster, and even further afield, still see the Punchbowl as their local.

The chefs at The Punchbowl seek out the finest local produce and the freshest ingredients to make their menu stand out. You’ll find regional delicacies, traditional favourites, refreshing salads and indulgent desserts!

The staff will help you choose the perfect wine to accompany your meal, and they stock plenty of the best local ales on the bar alongside many well-known names. Before long they’ll be offering your ‘usual’!

Sit wherever you feel comfortable, never feel rushed and if you need anything, you only have to ask. After all, you don’t have to be in a formal restaurant to enjoy the best of local food and drink.

Important Information

Please note: As per the tastecard terms, discount is only given on the main/a la carte menu. Any special occasion/offer menus are excluded including Sunday Lunch. This restaurants accepts 1 tastecard per booking, and 2 diners per card.

View all reviews
The Punchbowl Country Pub & Restaurant
Average member score
4.6 32
Diner rating
Excellent
24
Very good
5
Good
2
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Paul said "The Wonderful Punchbowel Inn
This place Oozes country pub and good above average. In fact the food is better than a lot of..."
Read more
Barbara said "Excellent food
Called for lunch and had excellent service and food."
Read more
Duncan said
" Quaint pub with outstanding food.
Will definitely visit again. Lots of choice and a twist..."
Read more
Edward said
" Ok great"
Read more
Pauline said "Fantastic!
Nearly didn't go in as outside very unassuming. But once inside, wow! Food and service..."
Read more
Nikki said "Pleasantly Surprised
Doesn't look great from the outside, nearly didn't go in but so glad that we did!..."
Read more
https://www.facebook.com/tracy.whiteside.7/posts/10208465938593758 said
" Food exceptional. Service over and above normal at other places."
Read more
" Nice atmosphere"
Read more
" A lovely family lunch food delicious will be back."
Read more
Ian said
" Amazing"
Read more
"Great Food
The food was delicious !!
I went with my daughter, she had lamb and I had duck - both..."
Read more
Andrew said
" Lovely food we had starters and mains and were far too full to consider a dessert which judging..."
Read more
Steve said
" Great value exceptional food what more could you want ?"
Read more
Cherie said "Fantastic
Excellent food, really nice to have a local pub that finally offers fantastic food and service to..."
Read more
"What Has Happened To The Punch bowl
My husband and I used to eat at this establishment every week but have not been for a while, last..."
Read more
Maggie said "Amazing!
Great service and first class food in a lovely relaxed atmosphere."
Read more
Daniel said "Wow
Me and wife went for bank hols late tea had pate to start was amazing the both had steak for main..."
Read more
M said
" It was ok needs more music"
Read more
Cookie said
" Can't fault the place. Plenty of choice. Food excellent."
Read more
Anne said
" Went for tea for hubby's birthday food excellent staff very friendly and polite. Been..."
Read more
Kevin said "Everything Average
Must have picked an average day as did not live up to all the recommends will have to give..."
Read more
Gemma said "Sunday Afternoon
Lovely pub, fantastic food came away a very satisfied customer and will definitely be returning"
Read more
Mick said "One of my Favourites
Been going here since I was a little lad, yes, all those years ago. Now I have a family of my own..."
Read more
Carol said "One to Remember (Great Food)
Superb food, excellent service, plenty to choose from & being Gluton Free amazed to find a..."
Read more
Bruce said "Brilliant food, exceptional service and fine surroundings. Coal fire
Stuart said "Lovely
Went with my family yesterday! Had a very nice meal! Free warm bread to start! Food was lovely!..."
Read more
Anne said "Excellent
Excellent food, excellent and very friendly service. Will be back."
Read more
Mr said
" Excellent food and good side portions.

Pub is friendly & welcoming."
Read more
Roger said
" I have visited several times since my original review and I have to say it has been excellent on..."
Read more
Suparef said "A splendid place - take a ride and you won't be disappointed
After a day out in Fleetwood, en route back to Manchester my girlfriend and I took a look on the..."
Read more
Tasmin said
" Visited on 2 occasions with tastecard and is excellent for the price! The dishes are huge and the..."
Read more
Roger said ".
Went here using my tastecard for the first time after the rave reviews on here.

..."
Read more
"Visited recently with two friends and found the food to be excellent and the service outstanding...."
Read more
"What a cracking wee hideaway. Great bit of food in very relaxed and comfortable surroundings,..."
Read more
"Fantastic food, slow delivery but worth the wait. Tastecard makes it even better value...."
Read more
"This is a splendid pub and restaurant. The fillet steak is excellent. We will become regulars..."
Read more
"Excellent food & friendly service from walking through the door. Highly recommended. B & P"
Read more
"I even got a warm welcome from Rachel when she answered the phone to accept my booking! The..."
Read more
  • Paul said: "The Wonderful Punchbowel Inn
    This place Oozes country pub and good above average. In fact the food is better than a lot of fine dining places you will visit.
    The staff are friendly without being over fussy and remember your face when you return.
    We visit with our small dog and they make her a freshly cooked chicken breast and make a fuss.
    Pampered yes...... But we all have a laugh about it and enjoy the fab food and real ale.

    A trip to "Chruchtown " near garstang Lancashire is a must.... Book in advance for weekends and you will return I'm sure. "
    Posted 4 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Barbara said: "Excellent food
    Called for lunch and had excellent service and food. "
    Posted 4 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Duncan said:
    " Quaint pub with outstanding food.
    Will definitely visit again. Lots of choice and a twist on some classics "
    Posted 7 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Edward said:
    " Ok great "
    Posted 7 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pauline said: "Fantastic!
    Nearly didn't go in as outside very unassuming. But once inside, wow! Food and service excellent, especially as it was half price with Tastecard. Highly recommended. "
    Posted 7 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nikki said: "Pleasantly Surprised
    Doesn't look great from the outside, nearly didn't go in but so glad that we did! Delicious food, lovely welcoming staff, nice ambience, log fires and music not too loud. Other great offers on food on other nights too.
    Will be revisiting :-) "
    Posted 9 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • https://www.facebook.com/tracy.whiteside.7/posts/10208465938593758 said:
    " Food exceptional. Service over and above normal at other places. "
    Posted 10 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Nice atmosphere "
    Posted 10 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " A lovely family lunch food delicious will be back. "
    Posted 1 year, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ian said:
    " Amazing "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Great Food
    The food was delicious !!
    I went with my daughter, she had lamb and I had duck - both perfectly cooked. She said it was the nicest meal she had EVER eaten - which doesn't say a lot for my cooking !!
    Our waiter Owen was brilliant and all staff were very friendly, can't wait to go back - thank you very much, Punchbowl ;-) "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said:
    " Lovely food we had starters and mains and were far too full to consider a dessert which judging from the other two courses would have been delicious. We will be going back "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said:
    " Great value exceptional food what more could you want ? "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cherie said: "Fantastic
    Excellent food, really nice to have a local pub that finally offers fantastic food and service to match. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "What Has Happened To The Punch bowl
    My husband and I used to eat at this establishment every week but have not been for a while, last night we ate there and I don't know what has happened but the portions are a lot smaller and the food doesn't seem to be freshly cooked very disappointed,there are other eating establishments in the area that offer a lot better value for money.We have had a lot of family meals here which we're very enjoyable but I don't think we will bother again unless thing inprove!!! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Maggie said: "Amazing!
    Great service and first class food in a lovely relaxed atmosphere. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Daniel said: "Wow
    Me and wife went for bank hols late tea had pate to start was amazing the both had steak for main got to say one off the best steaks we have ever had just stay away from the wine @£6.40 a glass and u b fine lol beer ok @£3.50 but wud highly recommended staff were great "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said:
    " It was ok needs more music "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cookie said:
    " Can't fault the place. Plenty of choice. Food excellent. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anne said:
    " Went for tea for hubby's birthday food excellent staff very friendly and polite. Been several times and will be back. "
    Posted 2 years, 17 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kevin said: "Everything Average
    Must have picked an average day as did not live up to all the recommends will have to give another try "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gemma said: "Sunday Afternoon
    Lovely pub, fantastic food came away a very satisfied customer and will definitely be returning "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mick said: "One of my Favourites
    Been going here since I was a little lad, yes, all those years ago. Now I have a family of my own like to go here as the staff are great, really friendly and the food is amazing. On my last visit had the Ribs which were HUGE. My partner had the Salmon and my little one, the Kids Chicken. With drinks came to well under £30 with the Card. Recommend this place to anyone who enjoys good food. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carol said: "One to Remember (Great Food)
    Superb food, excellent service, plenty to choose from & being Gluton Free amazed to find a great choice for me.
    Will return again very soon "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bruce said: "Brilliant food, exceptional service and fine surroundings. Coal fire
    "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stuart said: "Lovely
    Went with my family yesterday! Had a very nice meal! Free warm bread to start! Food was lovely! Friendly service too! And I saved £40 using my taste card! Can't get better than that! "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anne said: "Excellent
    Excellent food, excellent and very friendly service. Will be back. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mr said:
    " Excellent food and good side portions.

    Pub is friendly & welcoming. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Roger said:
    " I have visited several times since my original review and I have to say it has been excellent on each occasion. "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Suparef said: "A splendid place - take a ride and you won't be disappointed
    After a day out in Fleetwood, en route back to Manchester my girlfriend and I took a look on the tastecard Application and found The Punchbowl at Churchtown. It had good reviews on both the tastecard website and another one we regularly use. I rang up to ensure we could use the tastecard and a very helpful gentleman said we could and also booked a table in order for us not to be disappointed. On arrival, we were given a warm greeting and directed to our table.

    The service we received throughout the meal was very personal, from people who genuinely cared about their customers' experience, not just treating them as "any old customer". The food was exceptional in both taste and quantity. Even a big tubby like myself was bursting at the seams by the end of two courses.

    There were no issues in using the tastecard and the discount almost paid for the year's subscription in its first outing.

    I would recommend anyone to take a gentle drive out to Churchtown, which is a lovely Olde English village in its own right, and by enjoying some fine fayre backed up by high quality customer service, the trip will live long in the memory for very good reasons. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tasmin said:
    " Visited on 2 occasions with tastecard and is excellent for the price! The dishes are huge and the burger is that big we took more than half home for the dog! "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Roger said: ".
    Went here using my tastecard for the first time after the rave reviews on here.

    Really long wait for food, had the fillet steak meal. Food was just OK, nothing special, small portions and the price was crazy expensive, £13 after the tastecard discount had been applied. It should not have cost that much even at full price. "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Visited recently with two friends and found the food to be excellent and the service outstanding. I had a fillet steak which was absolutely delicious followed by the tastiest sticky toffee pudding I have ever eaten. The tastecard made the experience great value for money and because of this; I will definitely be attending again very soon. Thanks. Sarah "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "What a cracking wee hideaway. Great bit of food in very relaxed and comfortable surroundings, love the new look inside. First time using my tastecard and will definitely return very very soon. Paul "
    Posted 4 years, 7 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Fantastic food, slow delivery but worth the wait. Tastecard makes it even better value. Wouldn't hesitate to return. Kathryn "
    Posted 4 years, 7 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "This is a splendid pub and restaurant. The fillet steak is excellent. We will become regulars diners if this quality of food and service continues. I & G "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 15 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Excellent food & friendly service from walking through the door. Highly recommended. B & P "
    Posted 4 years, 10 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "I even got a warm welcome from Rachel when she answered the phone to accept my booking! The warmth continued throughout our visit. Service was excellent with food from an extensive menu to match. The restaurant has pleasant ambiance. Our lunch here was very enjoyable and we recommend the restaurant to fellow tastecard users. We can also recommend a visit to the delightful little town of Garstang. Peter "
    Posted 5 years, 3 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Paul said: "The Wonderful Punchbowel Inn
    This place Oozes country pub and good above average. In fact the food is better than a lot of fine dining places you will visit.
    The staff are friendly without being over fussy and remember your face when you return.
    We visit with our small dog and they make her a freshly cooked chicken breast and make a fuss.
    Pampered yes...... But we all have a laugh about it and enjoy the fab food and real ale.

    A trip to "Chruchtown " near garstang Lancashire is a must.... Book in advance for weekends and you will return I'm sure. "
    Posted 4 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Barbara said: "Excellent food
    Called for lunch and had excellent service and food. "
    Posted 4 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Duncan said:
    " Quaint pub with outstanding food.
    Will definitely visit again. Lots of choice and a twist on some classics "
    Posted 7 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Edward said:
    " Ok great "
    Posted 7 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pauline said: "Fantastic!
    Nearly didn't go in as outside very unassuming. But once inside, wow! Food and service excellent, especially as it was half price with Tastecard. Highly recommended. "
    Posted 7 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nikki said: "Pleasantly Surprised
    Doesn't look great from the outside, nearly didn't go in but so glad that we did! Delicious food, lovely welcoming staff, nice ambience, log fires and music not too loud. Other great offers on food on other nights too.
    Will be revisiting :-) "
    Posted 9 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • https://www.facebook.com/tracy.whiteside.7/posts/10208465938593758 said:
    " Food exceptional. Service over and above normal at other places. "
    Posted 10 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Nice atmosphere "
    Posted 10 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " A lovely family lunch food delicious will be back. "
    Posted 1 year, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ian said:
    " Amazing "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Great Food
    The food was delicious !!
    I went with my daughter, she had lamb and I had duck - both perfectly cooked. She said it was the nicest meal she had EVER eaten - which doesn't say a lot for my cooking !!
    Our waiter Owen was brilliant and all staff were very friendly, can't wait to go back - thank you very much, Punchbowl ;-) "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said:
    " Lovely food we had starters and mains and were far too full to consider a dessert which judging from the other two courses would have been delicious. We will be going back "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said:
    " Great value exceptional food what more could you want ? "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cherie said: "Fantastic
    Excellent food, really nice to have a local pub that finally offers fantastic food and service to match. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "What Has Happened To The Punch bowl
    My husband and I used to eat at this establishment every week but have not been for a while, last night we ate there and I don't know what has happened but the portions are a lot smaller and the food doesn't seem to be freshly cooked very disappointed,there are other eating establishments in the area that offer a lot better value for money.We have had a lot of family meals here which we're very enjoyable but I don't think we will bother again unless thing inprove!!! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Maggie said: "Amazing!
    Great service and first class food in a lovely relaxed atmosphere. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Daniel said: "Wow
    Me and wife went for bank hols late tea had pate to start was amazing the both had steak for main got to say one off the best steaks we have ever had just stay away from the wine @£6.40 a glass and u b fine lol beer ok @£3.50 but wud highly recommended staff were great "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said:
    " It was ok needs more music "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cookie said:
    " Can't fault the place. Plenty of choice. Food excellent. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anne said:
    " Went for tea for hubby's birthday food excellent staff very friendly and polite. Been several times and will be back. "
    Posted 2 years, 17 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kevin said: "Everything Average
    Must have picked an average day as did not live up to all the recommends will have to give another try "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gemma said: "Sunday Afternoon
    Lovely pub, fantastic food came away a very satisfied customer and will definitely be returning "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mick said: "One of my Favourites
    Been going here since I was a little lad, yes, all those years ago. Now I have a family of my own like to go here as the staff are great, really friendly and the food is amazing. On my last visit had the Ribs which were HUGE. My partner had the Salmon and my little one, the Kids Chicken. With drinks came to well under £30 with the Card. Recommend this place to anyone who enjoys good food. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carol said: "One to Remember (Great Food)
    Superb food, excellent service, plenty to choose from & being Gluton Free amazed to find a great choice for me.
    Will return again very soon "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bruce said: "Brilliant food, exceptional service and fine surroundings. Coal fire
    "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stuart said: "Lovely
    Went with my family yesterday! Had a very nice meal! Free warm bread to start! Food was lovely! Friendly service too! And I saved £40 using my taste card! Can't get better than that! "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anne said: "Excellent
    Excellent food, excellent and very friendly service. Will be back. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mr said:
    " Excellent food and good side portions.

    Pub is friendly & welcoming. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Roger said:
    " I have visited several times since my original review and I have to say it has been excellent on each occasion. "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Suparef said: "A splendid place - take a ride and you won't be disappointed
    After a day out in Fleetwood, en route back to Manchester my girlfriend and I took a look on the tastecard Application and found The Punchbowl at Churchtown. It had good reviews on both the tastecard website and another one we regularly use. I rang up to ensure we could use the tastecard and a very helpful gentleman said we could and also booked a table in order for us not to be disappointed. On arrival, we were given a warm greeting and directed to our table.

    The service we received throughout the meal was very personal, from people who genuinely cared about their customers' experience, not just treating them as "any old customer". The food was exceptional in both taste and quantity. Even a big tubby like myself was bursting at the seams by the end of two courses.

    There were no issues in using the tastecard and the discount almost paid for the year's subscription in its first outing.

    I would recommend anyone to take a gentle drive out to Churchtown, which is a lovely Olde English village in its own right, and by enjoying some fine fayre backed up by high quality customer service, the trip will live long in the memory for very good reasons. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tasmin said:
    " Visited on 2 occasions with tastecard and is excellent for the price! The dishes are huge and the burger is that big we took more than half home for the dog! "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Roger said: ".
    Went here using my tastecard for the first time after the rave reviews on here.

    Really long wait for food, had the fillet steak meal. Food was just OK, nothing special, small portions and the price was crazy expensive, £13 after the tastecard discount had been applied. It should not have cost that much even at full price. "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Visited recently with two friends and found the food to be excellent and the service outstanding. I had a fillet steak which was absolutely delicious followed by the tastiest sticky toffee pudding I have ever eaten. The tastecard made the experience great value for money and because of this; I will definitely be attending again very soon. Thanks. Sarah "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "What a cracking wee hideaway. Great bit of food in very relaxed and comfortable surroundings, love the new look inside. First time using my tastecard and will definitely return very very soon. Paul "
    Posted 4 years, 7 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Fantastic food, slow delivery but worth the wait. Tastecard makes it even better value. Wouldn't hesitate to return. Kathryn "
    Posted 4 years, 7 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "This is a splendid pub and restaurant. The fillet steak is excellent. We will become regulars diners if this quality of food and service continues. I & G "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 15 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Excellent food & friendly service from walking through the door. Highly recommended. B & P "
    Posted 4 years, 10 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "I even got a warm welcome from Rachel when she answered the phone to accept my booking! The warmth continued throughout our visit. Service was excellent with food from an extensive menu to match. The restaurant has pleasant ambiance. Our lunch here was very enjoyable and we recommend the restaurant to fellow tastecard users. We can also recommend a visit to the delightful little town of Garstang. Peter "
    Posted 5 years, 3 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review