tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 4 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
View Menu
The Rosendale Public House and Garden image
The Rosendale Public House and Garden image
The Rosendale Public House and Garden image
The Rosendale Public House and Garden image
The Rosendale Public House and Garden image

50% off at The Rosendale Public House and Garden

Originally a Victorian coaching inn, The Rosendale today is a magnificent public house serving simple, seasonal and sustainable food, including free-range chicken and pork, sustainably sourced fish, beef aged in-house and artisan British charcuterie and cheeses.

The team here are also very proud of their excellent range of local ales, award-winning wines and innovative cocktails.

Located in leafy West Dulwich, we have extensive gardens featuring a climbing frame for children and table tennis, table football and boules for adults, as well as a handsome bar, elegant dining room and two beautiful private rooms ideal for parties.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on Sunday’s as a separate menu is served. The discount is available on the a la carte menu - this excluded the pizza menu and the children's menu from the offer.

View all reviews
The Rosendale Public House and Garden
Average member score
4.7 19
Diner rating
Excellent
14
Very good
5
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Raxit said "Best food and best value in the area
Fantastic everything. Try and see"
Read more
" Nice place, large portions, food was lovely. Had the chicken with leek rosti & a mushroom..."
Read more
Matt said "Halloumi heaven
Really great food and a delicious special! A great night and worth a pub night out. Recommend for..."
Read more
Morgan said "Tasty food
Really good pub food. Big portions and tasty with very healthy option. The kale and sweet potato..."
Read more
F said "Tasty Well Presented Country Cooking
Always reliable food in pleasant surroundings by attentive staff with a good choice and daily..."
Read more
Emma said
" nice food"
Read more
Tom said
" Nice ambience, food and service. The scotch eggs were great!"
Read more
Ellie said "Great
Can't really fault it, really delicious food. Highly recommend"
Read more
Zeb said "Much Liked
Very good food"
Read more
TANYA said "A nice evening at The Rosendale
Atmosphere and food were fantastic. The staff very polite and welcoming. Definitely coming back..."
Read more
Pete said "Good food and great service
I don't normally comment on taste card restaurants, but we had such a lovely meal here. Food..."
Read more
Rach said "Fantastic Food, Service And Value
My boyfriend and I came here for lunch on a Monday after seeing the pub listed on here. Neither..."
Read more
Naseem said "Can't wait to go again....
I had a look online and thought it looked worth a try. I was not disappointed. It's a really..."
Read more
Colin said "Date night
I came here with my lovely young lady and I must admit the food was amazing, cooked very well...."
Read more
Ben said
" Excellent food. As of yet I have not had a bad meal in this pub. It has a great atmosphere and a..."
Read more
Gabriella said "Excellent
Went here to celebrate my husband's birthday and we had a wonderful evening. The food was..."
Read more
bernard said
" This is a great place. Food very good "Always”, friendly staff. Will go back again very soon."
Read more
Daniel said "Perfect!
Really loved the food and good service considering how busy it was. Will definitely go back!!"
Read more
Nikki said "Fabulous
What a wonderful find. A last minute night out and what a treat. Great atmosphere, enthusiastic..."
Read more
"The food was so good I felt guilty using my tastecard (well - just for a moment!). The service..."
Read more
"Went there on a Tuesday night and tried the special, a delicious jerk chicken dish with rice and..."
Read more
  • Raxit said: "Best food and best value in the area
    Fantastic everything. Try and see "
    Posted 3 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Nice place, large portions, food was lovely. Had the chicken with leek rosti & a mushroom sauce. The dish could have been so much better has the sauce come separate from the rosti both delicious but the sauce made the rosti soggy and as such inedible. "
    Posted 3 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Matt said: "Halloumi heaven
    Really great food and a delicious special! A great night and worth a pub night out. Recommend for a lazy night :) "
    Posted 7 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Morgan said: "Tasty food
    Really good pub food. Big portions and tasty with very healthy option. The kale and sweet potato started is an absolute winner. Good mains. Not so busy early week so nice place to have a relaxing meal. "
    Posted 8 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • F said: "Tasty Well Presented Country Cooking
    Always reliable food in pleasant surroundings by attentive staff with a good choice and daily specials. "
    Posted 9 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Emma said:
    " nice food "
    Posted 1 year, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tom said:
    " Nice ambience, food and service. The scotch eggs were great! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ellie said: "Great
    Can't really fault it, really delicious food. Highly recommend "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Zeb said: "Much Liked
    Very good food "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • TANYA said: "A nice evening at The Rosendale
    Atmosphere and food were fantastic. The staff very polite and welcoming. Definitely coming back for some more steak :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pete said: "Good food and great service
    I don't normally comment on taste card restaurants, but we had such a lovely meal here. Food was delicious (including decent veggie options) and staff really friendly and helpful. Wish we had had time to play table tennis and boules in the garden. Highly recommended, and worth another visit! "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rach said: "Fantastic Food, Service And Value
    My boyfriend and I came here for lunch on a Monday after seeing the pub listed on here. Neither had been before but it was near home and reading that the owners also own The Stonhouse in Clapham, thought it would be good if it was anything like there. The good was great and the staff were lovely. In fact I'm taking friends back there next week. The homemade scotch eggs are worth the trip alone! :) "
    Posted 2 years, 11 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Naseem said: "Can't wait to go again....
    I had a look online and thought it looked worth a try. I was not disappointed. It's a really nice pub with lots of seating in and out doors. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the food was great. Fantastic. As I don't eat pork it was great to see a menu where I could eat just about everything on it and it's a lot better quality than most gastro pubs. It's up there with the best. Definitely going again and I would definitely recommend to friends. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Colin said: "Date night
    I came here with my lovely young lady and I must admit the food was amazing, cooked very well. More than I expected from a gastro and the price was very reasonable too!! "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said:
    " Excellent food. As of yet I have not had a bad meal in this pub. It has a great atmosphere and a good choice of cask ales. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gabriella said: "Excellent
    Went here to celebrate my husband's birthday and we had a wonderful evening. The food was absolutely delicious - it couldn't be faulted. The staff were friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was relaxed and comfortable. So glad that this is almost our local! "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • bernard said:
    " This is a great place. Food very good "Always”, friendly staff. Will go back again very soon. "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Daniel said: "Perfect!
    Really loved the food and good service considering how busy it was. Will definitely go back!! "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nikki said: "Fabulous
    What a wonderful find. A last minute night out and what a treat. Great atmosphere, enthusiastic staff and delicious reasonably priced food. Plan to come back next week. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "The food was so good I felt guilty using my tastecard (well - just for a moment!). The service and local beer were spot on. I need to get a job there!! Kjwb "
    Posted 4 years, 7 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Went there on a Tuesday night and tried the special, a delicious jerk chicken dish with rice and peas. I would definitely return for that, as it was scrummy. Nice surroundings and good service. CJK "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Raxit said: "Best food and best value in the area
    Fantastic everything. Try and see "
    Posted 3 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Nice place, large portions, food was lovely. Had the chicken with leek rosti & a mushroom sauce. The dish could have been so much better has the sauce come separate from the rosti both delicious but the sauce made the rosti soggy and as such inedible. "
    Posted 3 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Matt said: "Halloumi heaven
    Really great food and a delicious special! A great night and worth a pub night out. Recommend for a lazy night :) "
    Posted 7 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Morgan said: "Tasty food
    Really good pub food. Big portions and tasty with very healthy option. The kale and sweet potato started is an absolute winner. Good mains. Not so busy early week so nice place to have a relaxing meal. "
    Posted 8 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • F said: "Tasty Well Presented Country Cooking
    Always reliable food in pleasant surroundings by attentive staff with a good choice and daily specials. "
    Posted 9 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Emma said:
    " nice food "
    Posted 1 year, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tom said:
    " Nice ambience, food and service. The scotch eggs were great! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ellie said: "Great
    Can't really fault it, really delicious food. Highly recommend "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Zeb said: "Much Liked
    Very good food "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • TANYA said: "A nice evening at The Rosendale
    Atmosphere and food were fantastic. The staff very polite and welcoming. Definitely coming back for some more steak :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pete said: "Good food and great service
    I don't normally comment on taste card restaurants, but we had such a lovely meal here. Food was delicious (including decent veggie options) and staff really friendly and helpful. Wish we had had time to play table tennis and boules in the garden. Highly recommended, and worth another visit! "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rach said: "Fantastic Food, Service And Value
    My boyfriend and I came here for lunch on a Monday after seeing the pub listed on here. Neither had been before but it was near home and reading that the owners also own The Stonhouse in Clapham, thought it would be good if it was anything like there. The good was great and the staff were lovely. In fact I'm taking friends back there next week. The homemade scotch eggs are worth the trip alone! :) "
    Posted 2 years, 11 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Naseem said: "Can't wait to go again....
    I had a look online and thought it looked worth a try. I was not disappointed. It's a really nice pub with lots of seating in and out doors. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the food was great. Fantastic. As I don't eat pork it was great to see a menu where I could eat just about everything on it and it's a lot better quality than most gastro pubs. It's up there with the best. Definitely going again and I would definitely recommend to friends. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Colin said: "Date night
    I came here with my lovely young lady and I must admit the food was amazing, cooked very well. More than I expected from a gastro and the price was very reasonable too!! "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said:
    " Excellent food. As of yet I have not had a bad meal in this pub. It has a great atmosphere and a good choice of cask ales. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gabriella said: "Excellent
    Went here to celebrate my husband's birthday and we had a wonderful evening. The food was absolutely delicious - it couldn't be faulted. The staff were friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was relaxed and comfortable. So glad that this is almost our local! "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • bernard said:
    " This is a great place. Food very good "Always”, friendly staff. Will go back again very soon. "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Daniel said: "Perfect!
    Really loved the food and good service considering how busy it was. Will definitely go back!! "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nikki said: "Fabulous
    What a wonderful find. A last minute night out and what a treat. Great atmosphere, enthusiastic staff and delicious reasonably priced food. Plan to come back next week. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "The food was so good I felt guilty using my tastecard (well - just for a moment!). The service and local beer were spot on. I need to get a job there!! Kjwb "
    Posted 4 years, 7 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Went there on a Tuesday night and tried the special, a delicious jerk chicken dish with rice and peas. I would definitely return for that, as it was scrummy. Nice surroundings and good service. CJK "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review