tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
The Queens Head image
The Queens Head image
The Queens Head image
The Queens Head image
The Queens Head image

2 for 1 at The Queens Head

The Queens Head is a welcoming pub situated in the heart of Hook, Hampshire.

The delicious home-cooked cuisine on offer is locally sourced wherever possible and the varied menu is guaranteed to feature a dish to please any palate.

The restaurant staff are reliable and happy to recommend dishes based on diners’ personal taste.

The Queens Head are well worth a visit for a relaxed and tasty dining experience to fit any occasion.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is only available Monday to Thursday Lunch and Evening A La Carte menu only.

View all reviews
The Queens Head
Average member score
5.0 14
Diner rating
Excellent
14
Very good
0
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Chris said "Brilliant pub
Great food and a great pub, can't wait to return"
Read more
Richard said "Live report from Queens Head
Outstanding quality ... sister pub of The Shoulder of Mutton. Both high quality food experiences...."
Read more
Peter said
" Great atmosphere, good value meals.
Tastecard a bonus!"
Read more
Robert said "Tiger prawns
Tiger prawns to start, amazing!
Lasagne for me and pie of the day for the other half, both..."
Read more
Marc said "Lovely Midweek Dinner
The wife & I visited The Queen after seeing they do a midweek 241 deal.
Glad we went,..."
Read more
Carol said "Super Food
My friend and I went for lunch here recently and were served wonderful food. We intend to return..."
Read more
Martin said "Nice mid week evening meal
Good service, nice atmosphere, good food."
Read more
Martin said "Mid week meal out
Good food, friendly staff and service good menu"
Read more
Emma said "Emma
I visit the Queens Head usually twice a month. The food is always fantastic. It's great to..."
Read more
William said "A gem
Had a lunchtime meal on a Thursday using Tastecard. Fantastic value and excellent food . Service..."
Read more
Deborah said "Sublime food and service
Warm greeting, exceptional food, lovely wine, great atmosphere, comfortable and classy.
..."
Read more
Barry said
" A warm and friendly welcome always awaits you at this lovely country pub/restaurant. All staff..."
Read more
john said
" The best pub in Hampshire, excellent food, service and atmosphere. Definitely will be back."
Read more
Karen said
" We were welcomed and made to feel at home both by the staff and the locals. We had two courses..."
Read more
  • Chris said: "Brilliant pub
    Great food and a great pub, can't wait to return "
    Posted 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said: "Live report from Queens Head
    Outstanding quality ... sister pub of The Shoulder of Mutton. Both high quality food experiences. Attentive service and we'll managed! "
    Posted 1 month, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Peter said:
    " Great atmosphere, good value meals.
    Tastecard a bonus! "
    Posted 2 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Robert said: "Tiger prawns
    Tiger prawns to start, amazing!
    Lasagne for me and pie of the day for the other half, both delicious.
    Will definitely be returning. "
    Posted 3 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marc said: "Lovely Midweek Dinner
    The wife & I visited The Queen after seeing they do a midweek 241 deal.
    Glad we went, both very much enjoyed our meal & will return soon for 241 "
    Posted 5 months, 18 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carol said: "Super Food
    My friend and I went for lunch here recently and were served wonderful food. We intend to return asap with a view to sampling more dishes from their great menu. I've told all my friends and relatives what fantastic food they serve here. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martin said: "Nice mid week evening meal
    Good service, nice atmosphere, good food. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martin said: "Mid week meal out
    Good food, friendly staff and service good menu "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Emma said: "Emma
    I visit the Queens Head usually twice a month. The food is always fantastic. It's great to see this lovely pub thriving again. I recommend the Stroganoff, Lamb Shank and Pork Belly! "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • William said: "A gem
    Had a lunchtime meal on a Thursday using Tastecard. Fantastic value and excellent food . Service very good ..all friendly and helpful. Will definitely return "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Deborah said: "Sublime food and service
    Warm greeting, exceptional food, lovely wine, great atmosphere, comfortable and classy.

    They don’t over complicate things and just make what they serve and how they serve it, very good! "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 1 day ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Barry said:
    " A warm and friendly welcome always awaits you at this lovely country pub/restaurant. All staff are polite and even when busy, still have time to give individual service. Nothing is too much trouble. The food is delicious both from the main menu as well as the Specials board which changes regularly and seasonally. We have visited several times and will continue to do so in the future and would therefore highly recommend The Queens Head and its staff. Pre-booking advisable. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 9 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • john said:
    " The best pub in Hampshire, excellent food, service and atmosphere. Definitely will be back. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said:
    " We were welcomed and made to feel at home both by the staff and the locals. We had two courses both were delicious and very good value! The location is lovely and definitely worth a visit, we will be back! "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 29 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Chris said: "Brilliant pub
    Great food and a great pub, can't wait to return "
    Posted 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said: "Live report from Queens Head
    Outstanding quality ... sister pub of The Shoulder of Mutton. Both high quality food experiences. Attentive service and we'll managed! "
    Posted 1 month, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Peter said:
    " Great atmosphere, good value meals.
    Tastecard a bonus! "
    Posted 2 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Robert said: "Tiger prawns
    Tiger prawns to start, amazing!
    Lasagne for me and pie of the day for the other half, both delicious.
    Will definitely be returning. "
    Posted 3 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marc said: "Lovely Midweek Dinner
    The wife & I visited The Queen after seeing they do a midweek 241 deal.
    Glad we went, both very much enjoyed our meal & will return soon for 241 "
    Posted 5 months, 18 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carol said: "Super Food
    My friend and I went for lunch here recently and were served wonderful food. We intend to return asap with a view to sampling more dishes from their great menu. I've told all my friends and relatives what fantastic food they serve here. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martin said: "Nice mid week evening meal
    Good service, nice atmosphere, good food. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martin said: "Mid week meal out
    Good food, friendly staff and service good menu "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Emma said: "Emma
    I visit the Queens Head usually twice a month. The food is always fantastic. It's great to see this lovely pub thriving again. I recommend the Stroganoff, Lamb Shank and Pork Belly! "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • William said: "A gem
    Had a lunchtime meal on a Thursday using Tastecard. Fantastic value and excellent food . Service very good ..all friendly and helpful. Will definitely return "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Deborah said: "Sublime food and service
    Warm greeting, exceptional food, lovely wine, great atmosphere, comfortable and classy.

    They don’t over complicate things and just make what they serve and how they serve it, very good! "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 1 day ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Barry said:
    " A warm and friendly welcome always awaits you at this lovely country pub/restaurant. All staff are polite and even when busy, still have time to give individual service. Nothing is too much trouble. The food is delicious both from the main menu as well as the Specials board which changes regularly and seasonally. We have visited several times and will continue to do so in the future and would therefore highly recommend The Queens Head and its staff. Pre-booking advisable. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 9 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • john said:
    " The best pub in Hampshire, excellent food, service and atmosphere. Definitely will be back. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said:
    " We were welcomed and made to feel at home both by the staff and the locals. We had two courses both were delicious and very good value! The location is lovely and definitely worth a visit, we will be back! "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 29 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall