tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
81 Beach Street image
81 Beach Street image
81 Beach Street image
81 Beach Street image

2 for 1 at 81 Beach Street

81 Beach Street is a celebration of what makes a good restaurants great - fine food without the fuss.

A cross between a restaurant and a bistro, 81 Beach Street offer an eating experience that goes beyond the need for nourishment.

The menu features starters of smoked mackerel pate, pickled cucumber, horseradish cream, granary toast or Indian spiced yellow split pea & spinach, mango & date chutney. Mains on offer feature roast loin of venison, gratin potato, celeriac puree & cranberry sauce or seared steak, roasted beetroot, cherry tomatoes, quail’s egg & a green olive dressing. All of which can be accompanied by an interesting and well-priced drinks menu.

Enjoy the simple things of great food, good chat and great people.

Important Information

Please Note: Only 1 tastecard per booking will be accepted. Sunday’s are excluded as a separate menu is served on this day. Not available on Bank Holiday's or special event days. The tastecard discount is available on the A La Carte menu only and does not run in conjunction with any other offer or menus. All booking's are subject to availability.

View all reviews
81 Beach Street
Average member score
4.9 22
Diner rating
Excellent
20
Very good
2
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Rachel said "Lovely!
Excellent food and perfect portion size. Really friendly service. Nice atmosphere. Will return!"
Read more
V.Hairsine said
" As always tremendous value on Tastecard for fantastic food in relaxing surrounding with a..."
Read more
Ann said
" Fantastic mreal and great service"
Read more
Jay said "Excellent
Had a excellent meal and the service was first class. Definitely recommend this restaurant."
Read more
J said "Wonderful
We have just returned from a wonderful early evening meal at 81 Beach Street. The welcome was..."
Read more
Jackie said "Great place to eat
First time we had eaten at this restaurant
Food was outstanding
Staff was so..."
Read more
Lee said "End of holiday
Fabulous food and great service. Would highly recommend."
Read more
Sallykeverne said
" Great food great ambience wonderful evening thank you"
Read more
Anon said
" Good food, happy to accept taste card, shame that only 2/3rd of the tables had table cloths,..."
Read more
Lee said "Fantastic evening
Great food, fantastic service would highly recommend a visit."
Read more
81 said
" Great meal, great service, will be back again"
Read more
" This is the third time we have used the Taste card at this restaurant. On each occasion the food..."
Read more
Gary said "81 Beach At
My wife and I had dinner on the 7th July Monday night.
Both had the belly of pork which was..."
Read more
" We had a lovely meal at 81 last night. The food was incredible and the staff were very friendly..."
Read more
Jamie said "Jamie muddle
What a fantastic place. Superb food and great atmosphere even on a Tuesday night! Tastecard was..."
Read more
Lee said "Great food
excellent food and great service. Would highly recommend.:-)"
Read more
Nick said "81 The Beach
Extremely friendly atmosphere with excellent food. No hesitation recommending and early booking..."
Read more
John said "Excellent
Went here on the 9th July and was very busy for a Tuesday night. There was a female singer in..."
Read more
David said "Fantastic
Called in on the off chance for an evening meal. Could not have had a better time. Food was..."
Read more
David said
" Just been on holiday to Kent, went to 81, Beach Street twice. Staff were friendly, food was..."
Read more
tracy said
" My Husband and I have dined at 81 beach for my 50th birthday our 25th wedding anniversary my..."
Read more
kirstie said
" My first experience was with my tastecard. A very pleasant meal and we liked the ambience.
..."
Read more
"We dined at 81 Beach St, Deal last night. Food, service and 50% discount was excellent! John"
Read more
"We went to 81 Beach Street last night with friends and had an absolutely lovely evening. The food..."
Read more
"Although the restaurant was pleasantly busy, the staff were courteous and attentive. The meal was..."
Read more
  • Rachel said: "Lovely!
    Excellent food and perfect portion size. Really friendly service. Nice atmosphere. Will return! "
    Posted 1 month, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • V.Hairsine said:
    " As always tremendous value on Tastecard for fantastic food in relaxing surrounding with a pleasant atmosphere and friendly service. My favourite restaurant in Deal. "
    Posted 2 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ann said:
    " Fantastic mreal and great service "
    Posted 6 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jay said: "Excellent
    Had a excellent meal and the service was first class. Definitely recommend this restaurant. "
    Posted 6 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • J said: "Wonderful
    We have just returned from a wonderful early evening meal at 81 Beach Street. The welcome was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The menu was outstanding containing lots of delicious vegetarian options as well as other options. Do make sure that you save some room for desert though! "
    Posted 7 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jackie said: "Great place to eat
    First time we had eaten at this restaurant
    Food was outstanding
    Staff was so friendly and helpful
    We will defentley be returning "
    Posted 8 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "End of holiday
    Fabulous food and great service. Would highly recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sallykeverne said:
    " Great food great ambience wonderful evening thank you "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anon said:
    " Good food, happy to accept taste card, shame that only 2/3rd of the tables had table cloths, service friendly but not attentive enough. A nice evening out. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Fantastic evening
    Great food, fantastic service would highly recommend a visit. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • 81 said:
    " Great meal, great service, will be back again "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " This is the third time we have used the Taste card at this restaurant. On each occasion the food has been great both in terms of quality and presentation. We have always received a very warm welcome and good service and have no hesitation in recommending it. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 24 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gary said: "81 Beach At
    My wife and I had dinner on the 7th July Monday night.
    Both had the belly of pork which was excellent .. Service was great as always .
    And the restaurant was filled up by 8pm .
    We will be back soon .. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 26 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " We had a lovely meal at 81 last night. The food was incredible and the staff were very friendly too. Would recommend 100%. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jamie said: "Jamie muddle
    What a fantastic place. Superb food and great atmosphere even on a Tuesday night! Tastecard was no problem at all. Nick James you were right! We will be back very soon. "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Great food
    excellent food and great service. Would highly recommend.:-) "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said: "81 The Beach
    Extremely friendly atmosphere with excellent food. No hesitation recommending and early booking advisable as good news travels.
    Straight forward use of the taste card :) "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 9 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said: "Excellent
    Went here on the 9th July and was very busy for a Tuesday night. There was a female singer in the front of the restaurant giving it a very good atmosphere.

    Excellent food, very good service, friendly and efficient staff.
    We will definitely be going back here. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 24 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Fantastic
    Called in on the off chance for an evening meal. Could not have had a better time. Food was excellent First night of the new menu.

    Service was first class, enjoyed the banter with the staff.

    Will visit again very soon and is worth the travel from Ashford to Deal

    A Great evening can’t wait to return.

    David @ Phil "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 21 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said:
    " Just been on holiday to Kent, went to 81, Beach Street twice. Staff were friendly, food was excellent & the restaurant had a lovely atmosphere. We would definitely recommend this restaurant. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 15 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • tracy said:
    " My Husband and I have dined at 81 beach for my 50th birthday our 25th wedding anniversary my husband’s birthday and we are booking again in February, I cannot praise the food the staff the atmosphere enough. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 6 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • kirstie said:
    " My first experience was with my tastecard. A very pleasant meal and we liked the ambience.

    Because of this we celebrated my 80th birthday. 12 of us for a Sunday lunch. Good service and a really lovely meal.

    We decided to have our Christmas lunch which although the trifle was expensive it was a really well thought out meal. Having had quite a lot of catering experience in our family I'm always very interested to see how the awkward little things are dealt with !!

    We now recommend 81 to everyone. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 18 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "We dined at 81 Beach St, Deal last night. Food, service and 50% discount was excellent! John "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 20 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "We went to 81 Beach Street last night with friends and had an absolutely lovely evening. The food was delicious and the service excellent. The weather was appalling, but the welcome was warm! Thank you. Margaret "
    Posted 4 years, 4 months, 18 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Although the restaurant was pleasantly busy, the staff were courteous and attentive. The meal was delicious and the wine list pretty comprehensive. I'll definitely go again! Thank you. M "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 27 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Rachel said: "Lovely!
    Excellent food and perfect portion size. Really friendly service. Nice atmosphere. Will return! "
    Posted 1 month, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • V.Hairsine said:
    " As always tremendous value on Tastecard for fantastic food in relaxing surrounding with a pleasant atmosphere and friendly service. My favourite restaurant in Deal. "
    Posted 2 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ann said:
    " Fantastic mreal and great service "
    Posted 6 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jay said: "Excellent
    Had a excellent meal and the service was first class. Definitely recommend this restaurant. "
    Posted 6 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • J said: "Wonderful
    We have just returned from a wonderful early evening meal at 81 Beach Street. The welcome was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The menu was outstanding containing lots of delicious vegetarian options as well as other options. Do make sure that you save some room for desert though! "
    Posted 7 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jackie said: "Great place to eat
    First time we had eaten at this restaurant
    Food was outstanding
    Staff was so friendly and helpful
    We will defentley be returning "
    Posted 8 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "End of holiday
    Fabulous food and great service. Would highly recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sallykeverne said:
    " Great food great ambience wonderful evening thank you "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anon said:
    " Good food, happy to accept taste card, shame that only 2/3rd of the tables had table cloths, service friendly but not attentive enough. A nice evening out. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Fantastic evening
    Great food, fantastic service would highly recommend a visit. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • 81 said:
    " Great meal, great service, will be back again "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " This is the third time we have used the Taste card at this restaurant. On each occasion the food has been great both in terms of quality and presentation. We have always received a very warm welcome and good service and have no hesitation in recommending it. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 24 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gary said: "81 Beach At
    My wife and I had dinner on the 7th July Monday night.
    Both had the belly of pork which was excellent .. Service was great as always .
    And the restaurant was filled up by 8pm .
    We will be back soon .. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 26 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " We had a lovely meal at 81 last night. The food was incredible and the staff were very friendly too. Would recommend 100%. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jamie said: "Jamie muddle
    What a fantastic place. Superb food and great atmosphere even on a Tuesday night! Tastecard was no problem at all. Nick James you were right! We will be back very soon. "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Great food
    excellent food and great service. Would highly recommend.:-) "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said: "81 The Beach
    Extremely friendly atmosphere with excellent food. No hesitation recommending and early booking advisable as good news travels.
    Straight forward use of the taste card :) "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 9 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said: "Excellent
    Went here on the 9th July and was very busy for a Tuesday night. There was a female singer in the front of the restaurant giving it a very good atmosphere.

    Excellent food, very good service, friendly and efficient staff.
    We will definitely be going back here. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 24 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Fantastic
    Called in on the off chance for an evening meal. Could not have had a better time. Food was excellent First night of the new menu.

    Service was first class, enjoyed the banter with the staff.

    Will visit again very soon and is worth the travel from Ashford to Deal

    A Great evening can’t wait to return.

    David @ Phil "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 21 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said:
    " Just been on holiday to Kent, went to 81, Beach Street twice. Staff were friendly, food was excellent & the restaurant had a lovely atmosphere. We would definitely recommend this restaurant. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 15 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • tracy said:
    " My Husband and I have dined at 81 beach for my 50th birthday our 25th wedding anniversary my husband’s birthday and we are booking again in February, I cannot praise the food the staff the atmosphere enough. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 6 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • kirstie said:
    " My first experience was with my tastecard. A very pleasant meal and we liked the ambience.

    Because of this we celebrated my 80th birthday. 12 of us for a Sunday lunch. Good service and a really lovely meal.

    We decided to have our Christmas lunch which although the trifle was expensive it was a really well thought out meal. Having had quite a lot of catering experience in our family I'm always very interested to see how the awkward little things are dealt with !!

    We now recommend 81 to everyone. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 18 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "We dined at 81 Beach St, Deal last night. Food, service and 50% discount was excellent! John "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 20 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "We went to 81 Beach Street last night with friends and had an absolutely lovely evening. The food was delicious and the service excellent. The weather was appalling, but the welcome was warm! Thank you. Margaret "
    Posted 4 years, 4 months, 18 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Although the restaurant was pleasantly busy, the staff were courteous and attentive. The meal was delicious and the wine list pretty comprehensive. I'll definitely go again! Thank you. M "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 27 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review