tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The Golden Lion image
The Golden Lion image
The Golden Lion image
The Golden Lion image
The Golden Lion image

2 for 1 at The Golden Lion

The Golden Lion is a friendly country pub built back in 1827 , it is located in the small hamlet of Stonea in the middle of the Cambridgeshire Fens. The pub also boasts a restaurant , a campsite for touring caravans and tents as well as static caravans for rent.

Their picturesque fenland surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on their menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales, beers and fine wines gracing their bar.

The current owners, Andy and Christina have owned the pub since 2010 and have embraced the spirit of the pub, becoming a very central part of the local community and have created a fantastic menu. To this day guests find it hard to leave the picturesque location, next to the Sixteen foot waterway in the hamlet of Stonea near March, Cambridgeshire.

Originally a simple pub, they also have a restaurant that has a great reputation for fabulous food, good wines excellent beers and real ales both from local brewers and further afield.

Or make the best of the British weather by lingering over a relaxing drink in their pretty beer garden with bouncy castle for the little ones.

Friendly and inviting, The Golden Lion is the perfect location for enjoying a relaxed dinner in the restaurant or garden or having a Sunday roast by the fire whilst soaking up the idyllic atmosphere.

Important Information

Please Note: The Golden Lion is closed at lunchtime on weekdays. The tastecard cannot be used on Sundays as a separate menu is served on this day.

View all reviews
The Golden Lion
Average member score
5.0 4
Diner rating
Excellent
4
Very good
0
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Stephen said
" Very nice meal and friendly atmosphere highly recommended"
Read more
Ann said "Friendly pub, lovely food!
What a welcoming, friendly place! This little pub might be in the middle of nowhere but it seems..."
Read more
Paddy said
" Sat. 14Nov 2014. Anniversary nite

Outstanding Fire works display. What one..."
Read more
Danielle said "Wonderful!!
Wonderful owners very friendly and welcoming.

Food is fantastic especially the..."
Read more
"My first use of my tastecard and what a find. Friendly, inviting and a homely pub. Lots to choose..."
Read more
  • Stephen said:
    " Very nice meal and friendly atmosphere highly recommended "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ann said: "Friendly pub, lovely food!
    What a welcoming, friendly place! This little pub might be in the middle of nowhere but it seems to pull in a good crowd and the menu is great. Their traditional pot pies are particularly delicious, with an excellent range of choices and served piping hot with lovely veg. The owners are delightful, very friendly and genuinely pleased to see you. We'll definitely visit again, even though it's quite a distance from us. We were too full to sample the desserts but you can be sure we're looking forward to doing so next time! "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paddy said:
    " Sat. 14Nov 2014. Anniversary nite

    Outstanding Fire works display. What one would expect from Andy and Christine. Enjoyed by a large following of patrons who frequent the pub.

    The thanks and praise of people as left said it all. Then this is not a business more a family setting. The minute one enters the bar one is welcomed and put at ease. Pretty rare these times. During a conversation there recently it was stated one does not become a customer more like being adopted .

    Thanks for a great nite. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Danielle said: "Wonderful!!
    Wonderful owners very friendly and welcoming.

    Food is fantastic especially the Sunday Calvary. Also evening weekday meals are great value bug portions and very well cooked. Puddings are great. Our family are regulars as the owners just make you feel so welcome. Definitely recommend.

    Not used my tastecard here. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "My first use of my tastecard and what a find. Friendly, inviting and a homely pub. Lots to choose from on the menu for my group of five on a Wednesday evening. Try the homemade Steak and Kidney Suet Pudding it is lovely. Good portions with prices being reasonable, but with the added bonus of my tastecard. The Golden Lion has a good reputation for Sunday Lunch so that is next on the agenda. Paul "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Stephen said:
    " Very nice meal and friendly atmosphere highly recommended "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ann said: "Friendly pub, lovely food!
    What a welcoming, friendly place! This little pub might be in the middle of nowhere but it seems to pull in a good crowd and the menu is great. Their traditional pot pies are particularly delicious, with an excellent range of choices and served piping hot with lovely veg. The owners are delightful, very friendly and genuinely pleased to see you. We'll definitely visit again, even though it's quite a distance from us. We were too full to sample the desserts but you can be sure we're looking forward to doing so next time! "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paddy said:
    " Sat. 14Nov 2014. Anniversary nite

    Outstanding Fire works display. What one would expect from Andy and Christine. Enjoyed by a large following of patrons who frequent the pub.

    The thanks and praise of people as left said it all. Then this is not a business more a family setting. The minute one enters the bar one is welcomed and put at ease. Pretty rare these times. During a conversation there recently it was stated one does not become a customer more like being adopted .

    Thanks for a great nite. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Danielle said: "Wonderful!!
    Wonderful owners very friendly and welcoming.

    Food is fantastic especially the Sunday Calvary. Also evening weekday meals are great value bug portions and very well cooked. Puddings are great. Our family are regulars as the owners just make you feel so welcome. Definitely recommend.

    Not used my tastecard here. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "My first use of my tastecard and what a find. Friendly, inviting and a homely pub. Lots to choose from on the menu for my group of five on a Wednesday evening. Try the homemade Steak and Kidney Suet Pudding it is lovely. Good portions with prices being reasonable, but with the added bonus of my tastecard. The Golden Lion has a good reputation for Sunday Lunch so that is next on the agenda. Paul "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review