tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
View Menu
Cafe Mexicali image
Cafe Mexicali image
Cafe Mexicali image
Cafe Mexicali image

2 for 1 at Cafe Mexicali

Mexicali, is a metropolitan region situated right on the U.S - Mexico border, adjacent to its sister city Calexico, California, much like San Diego-Tijuana. Mexicali also has the distinction of being the northernmost city in Latin America.

This highly vibrant, historical melting pot of cultures is what Cafe Mexicali is about. Using the finest ingredients to celebrate and share mouth-watering (or numbing) Mexican cuisine with friends and family, accompanied with mind-blowing cocktails from all around the globe!

And it just so happens that they are located in one of London's most vibrant areas, Finsbury Park. At Mexicali they are ready to party, dine, and wine (and cerveza) seven days of the week. So why don't you drop by and say Hola!

Important Information

Please note: The tastecard discount only applies to The appetizers, main course and desserts section of the menu.

View all reviews
Cafe Mexicali
Average member score
4.0 21
Diner rating
Excellent
10
Very good
5
Good
4
Average
0
Poor
2
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Jo said "Fun night out
We had a fun dinner"
Read more
Sheru said "Sheri
Great!"
Read more
Kirsty said "great meal
2 for 1 on main and starter on a Sunday. took taste card offer no problems. fantastic food and..."
Read more
Kornel said
" Recently was there with a friend as we usually go there to eat a good steak but unfortunately..."
Read more
TATIANA said "!Great service and tasty food!
What a lovely place to eat, the service was so good, the food was generous and tasty too... on..."
Read more
"Terrible
The manager was really abrupt and ride and ruined the experience for me."
Read more
Annie said "Amazing Food!
Delicious food and very filling! Staff weren't that friendly but service was good enough and..."
Read more
"Not Bad At All
Decent portions. But heavy on the cheese"
Read more
Sara said
" Food was ok, cocktails not strong enough, but the atmosphere and the service received by the..."
Read more
Andy said "Decent
Not overly friendly staff but the food was good and timely. Could be a decent atmosphere at..."
Read more
Sarah said "Great relaxing evening out
Nice atmosphere, lovely service, comfortable place with nice food. Pretty big portions, and..."
Read more
Lucy said "Simple, Cheap and Easy
Went with my housemate to try it out. Cocktails were super strong and tapas was just easy and..."
Read more
Jago said "With a taste card, not bad value
Pretty average all round, neither bad nor great.

Food was decent, with huge..."
Read more
"Bland, Cheap And Effortless
The mint was the best part of the meal"
Read more
helen said "AMAZING
FANTASTIC SERVICE, MASSIVE PORTIONS, DELICIOUS FOOD & COCKTAILS, LOVELY ATMOSPHERE"
Read more
Patrick said
" Good Food, Big portions.

This was our second visit to Cafe Mexicali, the first..."
Read more
Haddy said "Great food amazing service
I love the food l, went for a date with my partner. The atmosphere is perfect and the waitress..."
Read more
Merbyn said
" Eating here every week best value for money, no limitations even the steak is 50% off, definately..."
Read more
Sam said "Good food, Good coktails
Food was really good, Mexican dishes had great flavour and the BBQ ribs and wings were very well..."
Read more
H said
" Really good food and great value with the tastecard. A starter and main each (one of the mains..."
Read more
Nick said
" Very nice night, great service and great food. Good size portions. Visited with my wife and two..."
Read more
"Really tasty food, good service and a pleasant atmosphere. I will go back. Adam"
Read more
"My wife and I were very pleased to find this gem close to where we live. Meals were huge and..."
Read more
  • Jo said: "Fun night out
    We had a fun dinner "
    Posted 2 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sheru said: "Sheri
    Great! "
    Posted 3 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kirsty said: "great meal
    2 for 1 on main and starter on a Sunday. took taste card offer no problems. fantastic food and cocktails. very friendly staff. would highly recommend "
    Posted 5 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kornel said:
    " Recently was there with a friend as we usually go there to eat a good steak but unfortunately they decided to take off the steaks and all healthy nice food from the taste card promotion.
    According taste card they not suppose to do that...
    Otherwise it is a great place good food, but if they do not want to participate then do not lure peoples ways like this.

    There is a great Italian place right next to it and they have great food and steak as well on nice prices, although no tastecard option:) "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • TATIANA said: "!Great service and tasty food!
    What a lovely place to eat, the service was so good, the food was generous and tasty too... on top of that the place is nice and there is a good atmosphere "latin music played" .:-) definitely I will come back. .. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Terrible
    The manager was really abrupt and ride and ruined the experience for me. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Annie said: "Amazing Food!
    Delicious food and very filling! Staff weren't that friendly but service was good enough and nice chilled atmosphere will definitely be visiting again "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Not Bad At All
    Decent portions. But heavy on the cheese "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sara said:
    " Food was ok, cocktails not strong enough, but the atmosphere and the service received by the blond waitress was really nice . "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andy said: "Decent
    Not overly friendly staff but the food was good and timely. Could be a decent atmosphere at weekends. All in all it was ok "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Great relaxing evening out
    Nice atmosphere, lovely service, comfortable place with nice food. Pretty big portions, and reasonably priced. Have been a few times before and will go again :-) "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lucy said: "Simple, Cheap and Easy
    Went with my housemate to try it out. Cocktails were super strong and tapas was just easy and edible. Can't fault it and will go back for sure.
    Don't think I would make this into an option to go 'out for dinner' as it's more of a 'stopping by for a quick bite' kinda place. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jago said: "With a taste card, not bad value
    Pretty average all round, neither bad nor great.

    Food was decent, with huge portions.

    Service was a bit rubbish, then despite the bill including service we were asked to add service. Hmmm.

    3 stars from me. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Bland, Cheap And Effortless
    The mint was the best part of the meal "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • helen said: "AMAZING
    FANTASTIC SERVICE, MASSIVE PORTIONS, DELICIOUS FOOD & COCKTAILS, LOVELY ATMOSPHERE "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Patrick said:
    " Good Food, Big portions.

    This was our second visit to Cafe Mexicali, the first time we didn't have a great experience, the food was not nice but yesterday we gave it a second go.

    We had Nachos grande with chilli beef to start.

    I had the combination grill (chicken wings, steak, ribs, lamb chop) and my wife had the lamb cutlets.

    We are happy with went back for a second visit, I am sure we will be back in the next couple of weeks.

    Great food and good service. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Haddy said: "Great food amazing service
    I love the food l, went for a date with my partner. The atmosphere is perfect and the waitress was delightful. Cant fault mexicali at all. "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Merbyn said:
    " Eating here every week best value for money, no limitations even the steak is 50% off, definately recommend this atmosphere is always good staff very friendly and food is always cooked right never had anything bad to say "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 10 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sam said: "Good food, Good coktails
    Food was really good, Mexican dishes had great flavour and the BBQ ribs and wings were very well cooked.

    The selection of cocktails is really good but drinks are not included in the offer.

    Would recommend and will go again. "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • H said:
    " Really good food and great value with the tastecard. A starter and main each (one of the mains being an enormous T-bone steak) plus a bottle of non-house wine cost us £35 altogether for two. Good, friendly service and atmosphere. Will definitely go again. Fantastic to find somewhere like this in Finsbury Park! "
    Posted 4 years, 4 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said:
    " Very nice night, great service and great food. Good size portions. Visited with my wife and two friends. I had the Mexicali mushrooms to start (fresh and fantastic) the ribs for a main (fell off the bone). There was one vegetarian among us and we all had different things. All the food was fresh and not frozen. Everyone loved it. I found it a bit odd deserts were not included with tastecard. Other than that a great little find well worth a visit. I will recommend this to my friends and plan to return again soon. "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 9 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Really tasty food, good service and a pleasant atmosphere. I will go back. Adam "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "My wife and I were very pleased to find this gem close to where we live. Meals were huge and absolutely delicious! Highly recommend this great little place. C "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 27 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Jo said: "Fun night out
    We had a fun dinner "
    Posted 2 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sheru said: "Sheri
    Great! "
    Posted 3 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kirsty said: "great meal
    2 for 1 on main and starter on a Sunday. took taste card offer no problems. fantastic food and cocktails. very friendly staff. would highly recommend "
    Posted 5 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kornel said:
    " Recently was there with a friend as we usually go there to eat a good steak but unfortunately they decided to take off the steaks and all healthy nice food from the taste card promotion.
    According taste card they not suppose to do that...
    Otherwise it is a great place good food, but if they do not want to participate then do not lure peoples ways like this.

    There is a great Italian place right next to it and they have great food and steak as well on nice prices, although no tastecard option:) "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • TATIANA said: "!Great service and tasty food!
    What a lovely place to eat, the service was so good, the food was generous and tasty too... on top of that the place is nice and there is a good atmosphere "latin music played" .:-) definitely I will come back. .. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Terrible
    The manager was really abrupt and ride and ruined the experience for me. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Annie said: "Amazing Food!
    Delicious food and very filling! Staff weren't that friendly but service was good enough and nice chilled atmosphere will definitely be visiting again "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Not Bad At All
    Decent portions. But heavy on the cheese "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sara said:
    " Food was ok, cocktails not strong enough, but the atmosphere and the service received by the blond waitress was really nice . "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andy said: "Decent
    Not overly friendly staff but the food was good and timely. Could be a decent atmosphere at weekends. All in all it was ok "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Great relaxing evening out
    Nice atmosphere, lovely service, comfortable place with nice food. Pretty big portions, and reasonably priced. Have been a few times before and will go again :-) "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lucy said: "Simple, Cheap and Easy
    Went with my housemate to try it out. Cocktails were super strong and tapas was just easy and edible. Can't fault it and will go back for sure.
    Don't think I would make this into an option to go 'out for dinner' as it's more of a 'stopping by for a quick bite' kinda place. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jago said: "With a taste card, not bad value
    Pretty average all round, neither bad nor great.

    Food was decent, with huge portions.

    Service was a bit rubbish, then despite the bill including service we were asked to add service. Hmmm.

    3 stars from me. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Bland, Cheap And Effortless
    The mint was the best part of the meal "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • helen said: "AMAZING
    FANTASTIC SERVICE, MASSIVE PORTIONS, DELICIOUS FOOD & COCKTAILS, LOVELY ATMOSPHERE "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Patrick said:
    " Good Food, Big portions.

    This was our second visit to Cafe Mexicali, the first time we didn't have a great experience, the food was not nice but yesterday we gave it a second go.

    We had Nachos grande with chilli beef to start.

    I had the combination grill (chicken wings, steak, ribs, lamb chop) and my wife had the lamb cutlets.

    We are happy with went back for a second visit, I am sure we will be back in the next couple of weeks.

    Great food and good service. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Haddy said: "Great food amazing service
    I love the food l, went for a date with my partner. The atmosphere is perfect and the waitress was delightful. Cant fault mexicali at all. "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Merbyn said:
    " Eating here every week best value for money, no limitations even the steak is 50% off, definately recommend this atmosphere is always good staff very friendly and food is always cooked right never had anything bad to say "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 10 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sam said: "Good food, Good coktails
    Food was really good, Mexican dishes had great flavour and the BBQ ribs and wings were very well cooked.

    The selection of cocktails is really good but drinks are not included in the offer.

    Would recommend and will go again. "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • H said:
    " Really good food and great value with the tastecard. A starter and main each (one of the mains being an enormous T-bone steak) plus a bottle of non-house wine cost us £35 altogether for two. Good, friendly service and atmosphere. Will definitely go again. Fantastic to find somewhere like this in Finsbury Park! "
    Posted 4 years, 4 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said:
    " Very nice night, great service and great food. Good size portions. Visited with my wife and two friends. I had the Mexicali mushrooms to start (fresh and fantastic) the ribs for a main (fell off the bone). There was one vegetarian among us and we all had different things. All the food was fresh and not frozen. Everyone loved it. I found it a bit odd deserts were not included with tastecard. Other than that a great little find well worth a visit. I will recommend this to my friends and plan to return again soon. "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 9 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Really tasty food, good service and a pleasant atmosphere. I will go back. Adam "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "My wife and I were very pleased to find this gem close to where we live. Meals were huge and absolutely delicious! Highly recommend this great little place. C "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 27 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review