tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
View Menu
Bistro @ The Brigade, The Fire Station image
Bistro @ The Brigade, The Fire Station image
Bistro @ The Brigade, The Fire Station image
Bistro @ The Brigade, The Fire Station image
Bistro @ The Brigade, The Fire Station image

2 for 1 at Bistro @ The Brigade, The Fire Station

Brigade’s Bistro is a unique social enterprise restaurant housed in a social enterprise hub on Tooley Street, SE1. This impressive concept lies inside one of the oldest fire stations in London. Steeped in history, it was built after the Tooley Street fire which ravaged the area in 1861.

Despite its roots in the past, the team behind Brigade have their eyes and ambitions set firmly on the future. First of all, it is a British inspired Bistro serving delicious, seasonal and sustainable locally sourced dishes. Secondly the establishment is a training kitchen, which provides apprenticeships to twenty of London’s homeless each year, by teaching them how to cook the highest quality cuisine in line with sustainable standards.

Brigade’s Bistro is relaxed, letting the excellent menu of British and European inspired dishes, which alternate with the seasons, do all of the talking. Run by a friendly, efficient team that’s dedicated to great service, the wonderful historic fire station burns with a passion for quality food developed in an environmentally friendly manner. The Bistro menu's starters include innovative dishes such as the asparagus, radish and brown shrimp salad, with a blood orange and tarragon dressing, and the salmon and fresh crab carpaccio enriched with lemon, pink ginger and coriander.

The Bistro’s ever-changing Headliners range from barbequed sticky partridge with purple broccoli with blood orange and braised rice, to lamb and steak dishes, and from the classic oxtail burger served in a fluffy buttermilk bun, to quality vegetarian pastas and risottos. Classic British desserts or a cheeseboard are highly recommended as a round-off for a three course meal.

Brigade is proud to be part of Beyond Food Community Interest Company, and look forward to welcoming tastecard holders.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard promotion is valid only on the main menu / a lá carte menu. The offer excludes breakfasts / specials board items & set menus. This venue is happy to accept a maximum of two tastecards per group or booking. Unfortunately tables cannot be split to accommodate more tastecards. This venue is closed all day Sunday.

View all reviews
Bistro @ The Brigade, The Fire Station
Average member score
4.4 16
Diner rating
Excellent
10
Very good
4
Good
1
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
"Excellent
This was excellent"
Read more
Sue said "The Brigade Bistro
Adventurous menu mixing pear with venison. The music was far too loud and intrusive- was it a..."
Read more
Dave said
" Great"
Read more
Christine said "Excellent food and service
We use the bar on a regular basis (weekly) and have nothing but praise for the wonderful and..."
Read more
Ruth said "Highly recommended!
The staff were lovely. We received a warm welcome and brilliant service. Food was gorgeous. We..."
Read more
Ben said "Beautiful Food But Disappointing Service
The food was brilliant but was disappointed with the service. The waiter didn't offer us..."
Read more
Hadas said "Great food and service
Had the oxtail burger and it was soooo good! Service was quick and kind. Highly recomended!"
Read more
"Great Social Enterprise
This is an amazing place that helps homeless people by giving them a chance to learn a new skill...."
Read more
Shannon said "Wonderful Steak!
Possibly the best steak sauce I'd ever eaten! Was cooked exactly to my liking and everything..."
Read more
HARDY said "Amazing food!
The food here is absolutely outstanding! We didn't really think it would be as good because..."
Read more
Ashley said "Yummy food with casual atmosphere
The food was absolutely lovely with a simple menu. Mushrooms on toast and goats cheese starts..."
Read more
Owen said "great concept and restaurant!
great atmosphere. nice service and a wonderful concept with some unusual dishes"
Read more
Shannon said "Best Steak Ever
I love eating out and trying great steak restaurants but this was by far the most flavoursome and..."
Read more
Jonathan said "Fantastic restaurant. Highly recommended!
Lovely meal and very friendly service. Will go again!"
Read more
Sarah said "Mediocre Quality for the Price
Myself and the friend I dined here with both agreed that if we were paying the full price we..."
Read more
Fi said "friendly and relaxed
We find ourselves returning here again and again, superbly cooked food, efficient and friendly..."
Read more
"I made my first visit this evening - and I will definitely return. Excellent food - great service..."
Read more
"First visit to Brigade and what a find. Lovely surroundings in the old station, a warm welcome..."
Read more
  • "Excellent
    This was excellent "
    Posted 6 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sue said: "The Brigade Bistro
    Adventurous menu mixing pear with venison. The music was far too loud and intrusive- was it a radio station as included speach? "
    Posted 10 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said:
    " Great "
    Posted 1 year, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Christine said: "Excellent food and service
    We use the bar on a regular basis (weekly) and have nothing but praise for the wonderful and attentive staff.


    We are going for dinner this evening with some friends before going on to the Palladium, yes a long way but the food, service and friendliness of staff, whether it be Simon or one of his ever attentive waiting and bar staff make you feel special. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ruth said: "Highly recommended!
    The staff were lovely. We received a warm welcome and brilliant service. Food was gorgeous. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening here. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said: "Beautiful Food But Disappointing Service
    The food was brilliant but was disappointed with the service. The waiter didn't offer us bread to start so when I asked for it when he took our order it came at the same time as the starters. There seemed to be a rush to get rid of us! Very fast paced and could've done with some time between courses.

    Also, we asked for a jug of water but instead the waiter insisted on just topping up our glasses rather than leaving the jug. On the hottest day in 9 years in the UK it would've been nice to have been left the jug!!

    The only other complaint would be that when we enquired about what side dishes to order and if the meals come with any potatoes or veg (the menu was unclear about this) the waiter said order 1 side between 2. However, we ordered green beans and then the main course came with green beans anyway!! So it was a waste. It would've been nice to have been told.

    Saying this, the food is delicious and great value for money when using the tastecard. Presented nicely and cute little bistro with a decent atmosphere. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hadas said: "Great food and service
    Had the oxtail burger and it was soooo good! Service was quick and kind. Highly recomended! "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Great Social Enterprise
    This is an amazing place that helps homeless people by giving them a chance to learn a new skill. The food is amazing and the atmosphere just as good. Service is awesome. Great bistro serving classic British food. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shannon said: "Wonderful Steak!
    Possibly the best steak sauce I'd ever eaten! Was cooked exactly to my liking and everything was delicious "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • HARDY said: "Amazing food!
    The food here is absolutely outstanding! We didn't really think it would be as good because the decor is quite plain, but we had starters and mains and it was delicious. Service pretty good too!:-) "
    Posted 2 years, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ashley said: "Yummy food with casual atmosphere
    The food was absolutely lovely with a simple menu. Mushrooms on toast and goats cheese starts were great with sole and lamb mains well seasoned and presented. Service was friendly but rather slow. Needed to ask about the taste card discount upon seeing the bill. Waiter sorted this out quickly and without fuss. Would definitely recommend. "
    Posted 2 years, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Owen said: "great concept and restaurant!
    great atmosphere. nice service and a wonderful concept with some unusual dishes "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 23 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shannon said: "Best Steak Ever
    I love eating out and trying great steak restaurants but this was by far the most flavoursome and melt in your mouth steak I have ever had at a really reasonable full price so being on tastecard is amazing! Have recommended to friends and family already and only went today!

    Really accommodating staff and food cooked to perfection the homemade warm rolls were delicious :)!

    Will return time and time again! "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jonathan said: "Fantastic restaurant. Highly recommended!
    Lovely meal and very friendly service. Will go again! "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Mediocre Quality for the Price
    Myself and the friend I dined here with both agreed that if we were paying the full price we would have complained. For this price range (around £15-20 for a main and £7-10 for starters) I would expect high quality, freshly prepared food and reasonable portions, but what we got could not be described as this. Portions are really quite small, but this wasn't the main issue.

    My seafood starter tasted like it had come pre-prepared straight out if the fridge, and the main was similar- it was so nuclear hot I suspect it was also pre-prepared then microwaved. My friends’ dishes, on the other hand, were both served lukewarm. Desserts were 'ok' but not enough to salvage our overall opinion of the meal. The actual taste of the food was fine, and the staff we couldn't fault, but we both came away saying we wouldn't recommend it or go again. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 19 days ago...
    3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Fi said: "friendly and relaxed
    We find ourselves returning here again and again, superbly cooked food, efficient and friendly wait staff. A relaxed atmosphere - AND I just found out about the work brigade does for apprentice chefs!! This is a truly wonderful dining experience.....Every time!! "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 8 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "I made my first visit this evening - and I will definitely return. Excellent food - great service - lovely ambience. Everything was totally delightful! Philip "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 21 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "First visit to Brigade and what a find. Lovely surroundings in the old station, a warm welcome from all with great service. Food was inventive and tasty, the starters were a real treat with duck egg on toast for one and beetroot piccalilli with another. Both the starters and mains were a good size (possibly too large for starters), very tasty. A good experience all around made all the better with the taste card discount; will definitely visit again. Brian "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 7 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • "Excellent
    This was excellent "
    Posted 6 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sue said: "The Brigade Bistro
    Adventurous menu mixing pear with venison. The music was far too loud and intrusive- was it a radio station as included speach? "
    Posted 10 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said:
    " Great "
    Posted 1 year, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Christine said: "Excellent food and service
    We use the bar on a regular basis (weekly) and have nothing but praise for the wonderful and attentive staff.


    We are going for dinner this evening with some friends before going on to the Palladium, yes a long way but the food, service and friendliness of staff, whether it be Simon or one of his ever attentive waiting and bar staff make you feel special. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ruth said: "Highly recommended!
    The staff were lovely. We received a warm welcome and brilliant service. Food was gorgeous. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening here. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said: "Beautiful Food But Disappointing Service
    The food was brilliant but was disappointed with the service. The waiter didn't offer us bread to start so when I asked for it when he took our order it came at the same time as the starters. There seemed to be a rush to get rid of us! Very fast paced and could've done with some time between courses.

    Also, we asked for a jug of water but instead the waiter insisted on just topping up our glasses rather than leaving the jug. On the hottest day in 9 years in the UK it would've been nice to have been left the jug!!

    The only other complaint would be that when we enquired about what side dishes to order and if the meals come with any potatoes or veg (the menu was unclear about this) the waiter said order 1 side between 2. However, we ordered green beans and then the main course came with green beans anyway!! So it was a waste. It would've been nice to have been told.

    Saying this, the food is delicious and great value for money when using the tastecard. Presented nicely and cute little bistro with a decent atmosphere. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hadas said: "Great food and service
    Had the oxtail burger and it was soooo good! Service was quick and kind. Highly recomended! "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Great Social Enterprise
    This is an amazing place that helps homeless people by giving them a chance to learn a new skill. The food is amazing and the atmosphere just as good. Service is awesome. Great bistro serving classic British food. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shannon said: "Wonderful Steak!
    Possibly the best steak sauce I'd ever eaten! Was cooked exactly to my liking and everything was delicious "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • HARDY said: "Amazing food!
    The food here is absolutely outstanding! We didn't really think it would be as good because the decor is quite plain, but we had starters and mains and it was delicious. Service pretty good too!:-) "
    Posted 2 years, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ashley said: "Yummy food with casual atmosphere
    The food was absolutely lovely with a simple menu. Mushrooms on toast and goats cheese starts were great with sole and lamb mains well seasoned and presented. Service was friendly but rather slow. Needed to ask about the taste card discount upon seeing the bill. Waiter sorted this out quickly and without fuss. Would definitely recommend. "
    Posted 2 years, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Owen said: "great concept and restaurant!
    great atmosphere. nice service and a wonderful concept with some unusual dishes "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 23 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shannon said: "Best Steak Ever
    I love eating out and trying great steak restaurants but this was by far the most flavoursome and melt in your mouth steak I have ever had at a really reasonable full price so being on tastecard is amazing! Have recommended to friends and family already and only went today!

    Really accommodating staff and food cooked to perfection the homemade warm rolls were delicious :)!

    Will return time and time again! "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jonathan said: "Fantastic restaurant. Highly recommended!
    Lovely meal and very friendly service. Will go again! "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Mediocre Quality for the Price
    Myself and the friend I dined here with both agreed that if we were paying the full price we would have complained. For this price range (around £15-20 for a main and £7-10 for starters) I would expect high quality, freshly prepared food and reasonable portions, but what we got could not be described as this. Portions are really quite small, but this wasn't the main issue.

    My seafood starter tasted like it had come pre-prepared straight out if the fridge, and the main was similar- it was so nuclear hot I suspect it was also pre-prepared then microwaved. My friends’ dishes, on the other hand, were both served lukewarm. Desserts were 'ok' but not enough to salvage our overall opinion of the meal. The actual taste of the food was fine, and the staff we couldn't fault, but we both came away saying we wouldn't recommend it or go again. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 19 days ago...
    3 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Fi said: "friendly and relaxed
    We find ourselves returning here again and again, superbly cooked food, efficient and friendly wait staff. A relaxed atmosphere - AND I just found out about the work brigade does for apprentice chefs!! This is a truly wonderful dining experience.....Every time!! "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 8 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "I made my first visit this evening - and I will definitely return. Excellent food - great service - lovely ambience. Everything was totally delightful! Philip "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 21 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "First visit to Brigade and what a find. Lovely surroundings in the old station, a warm welcome from all with great service. Food was inventive and tasty, the starters were a real treat with duck egg on toast for one and beetroot piccalilli with another. Both the starters and mains were a good size (possibly too large for starters), very tasty. A good experience all around made all the better with the taste card discount; will definitely visit again. Brian "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 7 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review