tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 4 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionDecember restriction
JP's Bistro @ The Chequers Hotel image

50% off at JP's Bistro @ The Chequers Hotel

JP’s bistro is the ideal venue for a relaxed dining experience, catering to guests who wish to enjoy great food in a sophisticated yet informal atmosphere.

The menu hosts a variety of dishes; all prepared using seasonal ingredients and cooked by the outstanding kitchen team. The bar provides a variety of beverages, ensuring that there is a drink available to complement your chosen meal.

Important Information

Please note : The tastecard offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or in house promotion.

View all reviews
JP's Bistro @ The Chequers Hotel
Average member score
4.0 8
Diner rating
Excellent
2
Very good
5
Good
0
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Annabelle said "Very Good Food
Food was amazing it was a bit of a odd dining room but had a good time with friends. The music..."
Read more
Diane said "Surprisingly good
I usually don't expect much from a hotel restaurant but this one was very good. :-) Helpful..."
Read more
AndeH said "Highly recommending JPs
We took Dad out for a special meal and the last time we had been here was 17years ago. Always..."
Read more
Nick said
" Great restaurant. No Problem with using Taste Card here.
Good hot food at good price...."
Read more
Cheryl said
" Excellent food and service, staff very attentive and friendly"
Read more
Karen said
" We called in here for a late lunch. Very friendly staff and lovely food."
Read more
" Excellent food and good service. Despite phoning up beforehand mentioning taste card they were..."
Read more
Maureen said
" We were not impressed with the service we received at JP's Bistro 12 December 2012. Prior to..."
Read more
  • Annabelle said: "Very Good Food
    Food was amazing it was a bit of a odd dining room but had a good time with friends. The music was very quiet and it kind of felt like we had to whisper when talking. But I can't fault the food and service "
    Posted 9 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Diane said: "Surprisingly good
    I usually don't expect much from a hotel restaurant but this one was very good. :-) Helpful efficient service, tasty salads, delicious pork belly with crispy crackling. Perfectly cooked vegetables. What could be improved? Cool atmosphere a bit uninviting although well decorated. Burger a bit too much salt. But woukd definitely recommend. "
    Posted 9 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • AndeH said: "Highly recommending JPs
    We took Dad out for a special meal and the last time we had been here was 17years ago. Always been told that bathroom cleanliness and facilities give a guide about establishments, pleased to say very clean, potpourri to keep a pleasant smell and hand tissue towels to dry hands. Waitress very helpful. Thankfully the food was very very good, staff attentive, friendly and considerate. Food was very delicious and looked appetizing, minimal pauses between courses. Additional side salad was large and tasty. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Taste card mentioned checked at time of booking, waitress asked for the card at the end of meal before preparing the bill which we were very happy with. Happily recommend dining at JP's. "
    Posted 10 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said:
    " Great restaurant. No Problem with using Taste Card here.
    Good hot food at good price. .......Recommend you use.. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cheryl said:
    " Excellent food and service, staff very attentive and friendly "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said:
    " We called in here for a late lunch. Very friendly staff and lovely food. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Excellent food and good service. Despite phoning up beforehand mentioning taste card they were surprised that I had it and said I needed to book with it. No problems in the end though. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 23 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Maureen said:
    " We were not impressed with the service we received at JP's Bistro 12 December 2012. Prior to dining I checked twice that it would be ok to use the tastecard during this period, I was told on both occasions that it would. We invited friends to dine with us and were met by the maitre d in the bar. There was no "welcome to our bistro" just "you do realise you shouldn't really be using the tastecard at this particular time, however we will honour it on this occasion." It was very embarrassing in front of our friends who wanted to dine here with us and with a view to taking their clients to this bistro in the future.

    There was only one other couple in the bistro when we went in but we were kept waiting for a considerable length of time between each courses. Another couple came in and were served before us. The food was ok but we left before having coffee as the heating was turned off and we were freezing. Not the most welcoming experience. "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 16 days ago...
    6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Annabelle said: "Very Good Food
    Food was amazing it was a bit of a odd dining room but had a good time with friends. The music was very quiet and it kind of felt like we had to whisper when talking. But I can't fault the food and service "
    Posted 9 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Diane said: "Surprisingly good
    I usually don't expect much from a hotel restaurant but this one was very good. :-) Helpful efficient service, tasty salads, delicious pork belly with crispy crackling. Perfectly cooked vegetables. What could be improved? Cool atmosphere a bit uninviting although well decorated. Burger a bit too much salt. But woukd definitely recommend. "
    Posted 9 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • AndeH said: "Highly recommending JPs
    We took Dad out for a special meal and the last time we had been here was 17years ago. Always been told that bathroom cleanliness and facilities give a guide about establishments, pleased to say very clean, potpourri to keep a pleasant smell and hand tissue towels to dry hands. Waitress very helpful. Thankfully the food was very very good, staff attentive, friendly and considerate. Food was very delicious and looked appetizing, minimal pauses between courses. Additional side salad was large and tasty. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Taste card mentioned checked at time of booking, waitress asked for the card at the end of meal before preparing the bill which we were very happy with. Happily recommend dining at JP's. "
    Posted 10 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said:
    " Great restaurant. No Problem with using Taste Card here.
    Good hot food at good price. .......Recommend you use.. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cheryl said:
    " Excellent food and service, staff very attentive and friendly "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said:
    " We called in here for a late lunch. Very friendly staff and lovely food. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Excellent food and good service. Despite phoning up beforehand mentioning taste card they were surprised that I had it and said I needed to book with it. No problems in the end though. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 23 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Maureen said:
    " We were not impressed with the service we received at JP's Bistro 12 December 2012. Prior to dining I checked twice that it would be ok to use the tastecard during this period, I was told on both occasions that it would. We invited friends to dine with us and were met by the maitre d in the bar. There was no "welcome to our bistro" just "you do realise you shouldn't really be using the tastecard at this particular time, however we will honour it on this occasion." It was very embarrassing in front of our friends who wanted to dine here with us and with a view to taking their clients to this bistro in the future.

    There was only one other couple in the bistro when we went in but we were kept waiting for a considerable length of time between each courses. Another couple came in and were served before us. The food was ok but we left before having coffee as the heating was turned off and we were freezing. Not the most welcoming experience. "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 16 days ago...
    6 out of 7 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall