tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Balooshai - Honley image
Balooshai - Honley image
Balooshai - Honley image
Balooshai - Honley image

2 for 1 at Balooshai - Honley

Balooshai Indian Restaurant in Honley is brought to you by the award winning team behind Balooshai Central - taste trial’s restaurant of the year for 2011.

The central venue is a well established Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi Restaurant and Takeaway located in Huddersfield town centre.

Their authentic menu overflows with fantastic regional recipes, as well as some old favourites collected from all over India. All of our food is made from the finest authentic ingredients and lovingly prepared in full view of the restaurant in our open plan kitchen.

This commitment to quality food has cemented us as one of the best loved Indian restaurants in the area and the atmosphere in our restaurant provides a unique ambiance in which to enjoy your meal.

Important Information

Please note: Balooshai are only open in the evening and they exclude Celebration Days and Bank Holidays.

View all reviews
Balooshai - Honley
Average member score
4.5 11
Diner rating
Excellent
6
Very good
5
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Tara said "Great Bangladeshi Food
Good service, nice place, great food. They were happy to make our choice of dish a little less..."
Read more
Katie said "Fantastic
This is the best restaurant around, service with a smile and lots of friendly banter and the food..."
Read more
Blair said "Weekday curry
Decour is nice and seats and table are comfortable. Poppadoms and pickle were very tasty and the..."
Read more
Jennifer said
" Great food."
Read more
Jane said
" Nice restaurant, with tables nicely spaced out and very friendly staff. The menus are a little..."
Read more
Andrew said "Good curry
Sunday night, so very quiet. Good meal though."
Read more
Jane said "You Will Not Be Disappointed!
Very friendly staff, warm & comfortable surroundings, extensive menu & a well stocked..."
Read more
Pat said "Excellent!
First time there and would definitely go back. Great food, lovely atmosphere and smart..."
Read more
Eleanor said
" Fantastic pakora and samosa starters, gorgeous dhansak and dopiaza curries with full depth of..."
Read more
Jack said "Best in Holme valley
We've tried all the curry restaurants in the Holme valley area and this is best by far..."
Read more
Karen said "Fabulous
Visited on a quiet Thursday evening with my friend. On arrival shown to a lovely table by the..."
Read more
  • Tara said: "Great Bangladeshi Food
    Good service, nice place, great food. They were happy to make our choice of dish a little less spicy on request which is much appreciated. We will definitely return. "
    Posted 5 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Katie said: "Fantastic
    This is the best restaurant around, service with a smile and lots of friendly banter and the food is always good. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Blair said: "Weekday curry
    Decour is nice and seats and table are comfortable. Poppadoms and pickle were very tasty and the lamb curry did not disappoint. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jennifer said:
    " Great food. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said:
    " Nice restaurant, with tables nicely spaced out and very friendly staff. The menus are a little tatty but that doesn't detract from the dining- just a housekeeping issue. Traditional Asian style and pleasant décor. We had a really nice meal for four people, freshly cooked, hot and tasty food. The staff were knowledgeable about the menu and very helpful with good service. We will certainly be revisiting as we will be in the area more in the near future. Thank you for a nice evening. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said: "Good curry
    Sunday night, so very quiet. Good meal though. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said: "You Will Not Be Disappointed!
    Very friendly staff, warm & comfortable surroundings, extensive menu & a well stocked bar.
    We are very lucky in Honley to have such a 1st class restaurant in the village.
    Give it a try, you will not be disappointed! "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pat said: "Excellent!
    First time there and would definitely go back. Great food, lovely atmosphere and smart surroundings. Nice staff and easy parking. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Eleanor said:
    " Fantastic pakora and samosa starters, gorgeous dhansak and dopiaza curries with full depth of flavours.. Really friendly atmosphere. Prefer Honley venue to town as more space and decor nicer. So great to be able to come out and use the taste card with friends, also a really reasonable offer on Sundays - starter and main for around a tenner (not on taste card 2 4 1 offer but still brilliant value for superb Indian cuisine..) also Dhesi tea was perf ;-) "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jack said: "Best in Holme valley
    We've tried all the curry restaurants in the Holme valley area and this is best by far -everything from the service to the food, decor and atmosphere. This restaurant is great value especially with tastecard. In October they're having a "bring your own booze" night every Monday and Tuesday. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Fabulous
    Visited on a quiet Thursday evening with my friend. On arrival shown to a lovely table by the roaring fire and promptly brought the pickle tray and asked how many poppadoms we would like. We asked for 2 and brought 3. The pickle tray and poppadoms were divine and we just had to have another poppadom to finish the pickle tray. Decided not to have a starter from the extensive menu as I know I can never finish my main course if I do. I opted for a chicken korma as have only just started to eat meat again after 14 years!! My friend had a chicken bhuna and we shared pilau rice and plain nan. The main courses were absolutely lovely, the rice was hot and fluffy and the nan cooked to perfection. I had a pint of cobra and my friend a coke (she was the driver lol). The bill....well £20 what can I say, what a bargain. Staff were fab, very attentive but not intrusive and will defo me visiting again. Definitely recommend. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 2 days ago...
    6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Tara said: "Great Bangladeshi Food
    Good service, nice place, great food. They were happy to make our choice of dish a little less spicy on request which is much appreciated. We will definitely return. "
    Posted 5 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Katie said: "Fantastic
    This is the best restaurant around, service with a smile and lots of friendly banter and the food is always good. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Blair said: "Weekday curry
    Decour is nice and seats and table are comfortable. Poppadoms and pickle were very tasty and the lamb curry did not disappoint. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jennifer said:
    " Great food. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said:
    " Nice restaurant, with tables nicely spaced out and very friendly staff. The menus are a little tatty but that doesn't detract from the dining- just a housekeeping issue. Traditional Asian style and pleasant décor. We had a really nice meal for four people, freshly cooked, hot and tasty food. The staff were knowledgeable about the menu and very helpful with good service. We will certainly be revisiting as we will be in the area more in the near future. Thank you for a nice evening. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said: "Good curry
    Sunday night, so very quiet. Good meal though. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said: "You Will Not Be Disappointed!
    Very friendly staff, warm & comfortable surroundings, extensive menu & a well stocked bar.
    We are very lucky in Honley to have such a 1st class restaurant in the village.
    Give it a try, you will not be disappointed! "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pat said: "Excellent!
    First time there and would definitely go back. Great food, lovely atmosphere and smart surroundings. Nice staff and easy parking. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Eleanor said:
    " Fantastic pakora and samosa starters, gorgeous dhansak and dopiaza curries with full depth of flavours.. Really friendly atmosphere. Prefer Honley venue to town as more space and decor nicer. So great to be able to come out and use the taste card with friends, also a really reasonable offer on Sundays - starter and main for around a tenner (not on taste card 2 4 1 offer but still brilliant value for superb Indian cuisine..) also Dhesi tea was perf ;-) "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jack said: "Best in Holme valley
    We've tried all the curry restaurants in the Holme valley area and this is best by far -everything from the service to the food, decor and atmosphere. This restaurant is great value especially with tastecard. In October they're having a "bring your own booze" night every Monday and Tuesday. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Fabulous
    Visited on a quiet Thursday evening with my friend. On arrival shown to a lovely table by the roaring fire and promptly brought the pickle tray and asked how many poppadoms we would like. We asked for 2 and brought 3. The pickle tray and poppadoms were divine and we just had to have another poppadom to finish the pickle tray. Decided not to have a starter from the extensive menu as I know I can never finish my main course if I do. I opted for a chicken korma as have only just started to eat meat again after 14 years!! My friend had a chicken bhuna and we shared pilau rice and plain nan. The main courses were absolutely lovely, the rice was hot and fluffy and the nan cooked to perfection. I had a pint of cobra and my friend a coke (she was the driver lol). The bill....well £20 what can I say, what a bargain. Staff were fab, very attentive but not intrusive and will defo me visiting again. Definitely recommend. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 2 days ago...
    6 out of 6 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall