tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Greenmantle Pub image
Greenmantle Pub image
Greenmantle Pub image

50% off at Greenmantle Pub

Welcome to the Greenmantle. Why not make yourself at home at one of Edinburgh’s leading pubs? Nominated for pub of the year 2011, they offer so much more than a traditional pub. The mantle strives on providing great Scottish hospitality giving their customers the best possible experience, with traditional music being one of our specialties.

Located on Nicolson Street in the south of the city, it is ideally situated for all Edinburgh has to offer: - The Queen's Hall, Festival Theatre, Fringe Festival and University campus.

Keen on maintaining their cask marque award, they like to support local brewers such as Stewarts, Harvieston and Broughton. The rotation of their fantastic real ales, allied with their endless pursuit for excellence, guarantees their beer is kept fresh and served at the highest level.....Be sure to keep an eye out for their very own ‘Greenmantle Ale’ it’s a taste sensation!

So whether it’s a quick drink before a show, a romantic evening with your partner or a gathering with friends, the Greenmantle has all the qualities to ensure a great time.

View all reviews
Greenmantle Pub
Average member score
4.5 6
Diner rating
Excellent
3
Very good
3
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Fairgrieve said "Good Value Pub Food And Ambience
Enjoyed bratwurst and soup and pulled pork brioche. Very tasty, friendly staff."
Read more
Kevin said
" Excellent food, service and great value for money!"
Read more
" Delicious buffalo burger, service good but slightly slow waited about 25 minutes for our burgers...."
Read more
Chris said "Friendly good atmosphere
Only a small bar but VERY welcoming. Even fed our son who is only 10 with fries for free. This is..."
Read more
Katrinamcclaff said "Cosy Newington Pub Grub
Small place and ok pub food. Didn't need to book, guys were really relaxed though nearly..."
Read more
Kirstine said
" Their buffalo burgers are absolutely divine! (I particularly recommend the carnitas burger with..."
Read more
  • Fairgrieve said: "Good Value Pub Food And Ambience
    Enjoyed bratwurst and soup and pulled pork brioche. Very tasty, friendly staff. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kevin said:
    " Excellent food, service and great value for money! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Delicious buffalo burger, service good but slightly slow waited about 25 minutes for our burgers. Nice small pub with decent drinks selection. Will be back on a quiz night or for live music in the future. Taste card very easy to use 50% off all food! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chris said: "Friendly good atmosphere
    Only a small bar but VERY welcoming. Even fed our son who is only 10 with fries for free. This is pub grub at a high standard the buffalo burgers were delicious. Can't nock them they deserve the business "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Katrinamcclaff said: "Cosy Newington Pub Grub
    Small place and ok pub food. Didn't need to book, guys were really relaxed though nearly didn't get a table at 1:40 as still busy from lunch but dead by 3pm. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kirstine said:
    " Their buffalo burgers are absolutely divine! (I particularly recommend the carnitas burger with pulled pork!) They always have something delicious on tap to go with, and it's a lovely cosy atmosphere. :) "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Fairgrieve said: "Good Value Pub Food And Ambience
    Enjoyed bratwurst and soup and pulled pork brioche. Very tasty, friendly staff. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kevin said:
    " Excellent food, service and great value for money! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Delicious buffalo burger, service good but slightly slow waited about 25 minutes for our burgers. Nice small pub with decent drinks selection. Will be back on a quiz night or for live music in the future. Taste card very easy to use 50% off all food! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chris said: "Friendly good atmosphere
    Only a small bar but VERY welcoming. Even fed our son who is only 10 with fries for free. This is pub grub at a high standard the buffalo burgers were delicious. Can't nock them they deserve the business "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Katrinamcclaff said: "Cosy Newington Pub Grub
    Small place and ok pub food. Didn't need to book, guys were really relaxed though nearly didn't get a table at 1:40 as still busy from lunch but dead by 3pm. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kirstine said:
    " Their buffalo burgers are absolutely divine! (I particularly recommend the carnitas burger with pulled pork!) They always have something delicious on tap to go with, and it's a lovely cosy atmosphere. :) "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall