tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The Mango House - Cardiff image
The Mango House - Cardiff image
The Mango House - Cardiff image

2 for 1 at The Mango House - Cardiff

Situated in the beautifully restored former Grand Hotel on Westgate Street, the Mango House in Cardiff is sure to follow in the extremely successful footsteps of the established Mango House restaurant in Magor.

The restaurant has been elegantly furnished and combines a contemporary, intimate atmosphere with a wonderful array ofprepared recipes – all of which are created on the premises using high quality, locally-sourced produce. dishes created from the flavours and spices of the subcontinent. Indian food lovers are sure to be delighted with the freshly-

The chefs’ recipes are a fusion of the old and the new that weaves the richness of a two-thousand year old tradition into the kitchen and eating habits of today. The word ‘Curry’ comes from a Southern Indian word Khari meaning ‘sauce’ The curries here are based on a subtle combination with vegetables, fish or meat, from the yoghurt based Kormas to the fiery Vindaloos and every nuance of flavour in between. To eat these curries on their own would be enjoyable, but to have the flavours tempered with rice and bread, and contrasted with salad, chutney and vegetables is more satisfying.

The Mango House was an award winner for official Cardiff Curry 2008 which was shown on ITV. Along with this It received a 9/10 rating from the Western Mail. The restaurant has been so successful that it has entertained Variety of well-known people such as Lord Dafydd Ellis-Thomas, Welsh Opera Singer Rebecca Evans, Celebrity Chef Nancy Lam, Author Rebecca Harris, Director of Golf at the Celtic Manor Jim McKenzie. Many other high Profile people regularly dine at the restaurants such as local MPs and councillors. Jang also appeared in the Wales Business Insider in 2008 for his excellent achievements, and the restaurant is officially recommended By the BBC Eating Out Guide.

So what are you waiting for? Book today to find out what all the fuss is about!

Important Information

Please note: bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Due to being close to the Rugby world cup the tastecard offer is not available on 19-20th September 2015, 1- 2nd,11th, 17th and 18th October 2015.

View all reviews
The Mango House - Cardiff
Average member score
5.0 6
Diner rating
Excellent
6
Very good
0
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Tim said "Curry
Great food, atmosphere and service. We shall return!!"
Read more
Calum said
" The food was outstanding and the portions very generous. On top of this every member of staff was..."
Read more
Christina said
" Fantastic full of flavour food. An explosion on the taste birds. Staff friendly and always..."
Read more
Dave said "Class
Delicious."
Read more
Sarah said "Fab meal
Had a great time. Food lovely and some nice twists on the standard fare. Brilliant waiter too. A..."
Read more
Mary said "Birthday
My Children booked a Table for my Birthday. A very nice Restaurant, Friendly Staff. Although..."
Read more
  • Tim said: "Curry
    Great food, atmosphere and service. We shall return!! "
    Posted 4 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Calum said:
    " The food was outstanding and the portions very generous. On top of this every member of staff was friendly, attentive, genuine and provided an excellent standard of service. We would definitely recommend The Mango House and will be returning in the future. "
    Posted 1 year, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Christina said:
    " Fantastic full of flavour food. An explosion on the taste birds. Staff friendly and always willing to advise and help. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said: "Class
    Delicious. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Fab meal
    Had a great time. Food lovely and some nice twists on the standard fare. Brilliant waiter too. A hidden gem. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 25 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mary said: "Birthday
    My Children booked a Table for my Birthday. A very nice Restaurant, Friendly Staff. Although the Food was slow arriving. It was worth waiting for. We all enjoyed the evening there. A nice Atmosphere was an added Bonus. Thanks. "
    Posted 3 years, 24 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Tim said: "Curry
    Great food, atmosphere and service. We shall return!! "
    Posted 4 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Calum said:
    " The food was outstanding and the portions very generous. On top of this every member of staff was friendly, attentive, genuine and provided an excellent standard of service. We would definitely recommend The Mango House and will be returning in the future. "
    Posted 1 year, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Christina said:
    " Fantastic full of flavour food. An explosion on the taste birds. Staff friendly and always willing to advise and help. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said: "Class
    Delicious. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Fab meal
    Had a great time. Food lovely and some nice twists on the standard fare. Brilliant waiter too. A hidden gem. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 25 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mary said: "Birthday
    My Children booked a Table for my Birthday. A very nice Restaurant, Friendly Staff. Although the Food was slow arriving. It was worth waiting for. We all enjoyed the evening there. A nice Atmosphere was an added Bonus. Thanks. "
    Posted 3 years, 24 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall