tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The British Raj image

2 for 1 at The British Raj

The British Raj is an authentic Indian restaurant that serves mouth-watering Indian dishes.

From mild curries to tempt the uninitiated, to the special delicacies for the connoisseur The British Raj restaurant have dishes to please even the most jaded palate.

The main objective is to provide great food of the highest quality using only the freshest and finest ingredients, prepared to the up to the highest standards. The menus always reflect their commitment to serving high quality.

If your in the mood for Indian Cuisine, then head to The British Raj!

Important Information

Please Note: the restaurant is open from 5.30pm daily.The tastecard discount does not apply to takeaway orders and applies to pre-booked dine in reservations only.

View all reviews
The British Raj
Average member score
4.5 15
Diner rating
Excellent
12
Very good
1
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
KC said "Great Food
Great food and great service"
Read more
Donna said "Best Curry In Kent
So much better under this management, lovely fresh food n no problems with using taste card."
Read more
"Excellent Food
Improved outstandingly under new management"
Read more
"Much Nicer Under New Management
Went here years ago and was rubbish, its now got a lovely menu , great food and reasonable prices ."
Read more
Neil said "Another Great Meal
A second visit to the Raj experienced tonight. We will definitely return"
Read more
" good food again"
Read more
Jason said
" Excellent job"
Read more
Bianca said
" Lovely meal once again! Staff brilliant! Would never go anywhere else! Thank you"
Read more
Danny said "Delicious
Been coming back for years. Great food and service."
Read more
Rocky said "More Than Acceptable
We ate here in Dec and found everything to be very enjoyable. More than efficient service and a..."
Read more
Nick said
" Absolute disgrace. terrible food, no taste or any flavour what so ever. but chicken was made with..."
Read more
JOHN said "Take away
Had take away last night, again another watery curry. It's not like this when you eat in the..."
Read more
Mark said "Fantastic Food
I've been to the Raj many times, and the food has always been fantastic. Faultless service..."
Read more
Darryl said
" Fantastic"
Read more
Niruja said "British raj
Brilliant service, very easy to use taste card but food way very oily"
Read more
  • KC said: "Great Food
    Great food and great service "
    Posted 4 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Donna said: "Best Curry In Kent
    So much better under this management, lovely fresh food n no problems with using taste card. "
    Posted 4 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Excellent Food
    Improved outstandingly under new management "
    Posted 5 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Much Nicer Under New Management
    Went here years ago and was rubbish, its now got a lovely menu , great food and reasonable prices . "
    Posted 5 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Neil said: "Another Great Meal
    A second visit to the Raj experienced tonight. We will definitely return "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " good food again "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jason said:
    " Excellent job "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bianca said:
    " Lovely meal once again! Staff brilliant! Would never go anywhere else! Thank you "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Danny said: "Delicious
    Been coming back for years. Great food and service. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rocky said: "More Than Acceptable
    We ate here in Dec and found everything to be very enjoyable. More than efficient service and a nice meal. We will be happy to revisit again in the future. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said:
    " Absolute disgrace. terrible food, no taste or any flavour what so ever. but chicken was made with chewy / raw chicken and cream used for the gravy was gone off i guess. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • JOHN said: "Take away
    Had take away last night, again another watery curry. It's not like this when you eat in the restaurant. We will eat in, but won't have any more take aways. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said: "Fantastic Food
    I've been to the Raj many times, and the food has always been fantastic. Faultless service compliments the great food. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 10 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Darryl said:
    " Fantastic "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 17 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Niruja said: "British raj
    Brilliant service, very easy to use taste card but food way very oily "
    Posted 3 years, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • KC said: "Great Food
    Great food and great service "
    Posted 4 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Donna said: "Best Curry In Kent
    So much better under this management, lovely fresh food n no problems with using taste card. "
    Posted 4 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Excellent Food
    Improved outstandingly under new management "
    Posted 5 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Much Nicer Under New Management
    Went here years ago and was rubbish, its now got a lovely menu , great food and reasonable prices . "
    Posted 5 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Neil said: "Another Great Meal
    A second visit to the Raj experienced tonight. We will definitely return "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " good food again "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jason said:
    " Excellent job "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bianca said:
    " Lovely meal once again! Staff brilliant! Would never go anywhere else! Thank you "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Danny said: "Delicious
    Been coming back for years. Great food and service. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rocky said: "More Than Acceptable
    We ate here in Dec and found everything to be very enjoyable. More than efficient service and a nice meal. We will be happy to revisit again in the future. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said:
    " Absolute disgrace. terrible food, no taste or any flavour what so ever. but chicken was made with chewy / raw chicken and cream used for the gravy was gone off i guess. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • JOHN said: "Take away
    Had take away last night, again another watery curry. It's not like this when you eat in the restaurant. We will eat in, but won't have any more take aways. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said: "Fantastic Food
    I've been to the Raj many times, and the food has always been fantastic. Faultless service compliments the great food. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 10 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Darryl said:
    " Fantastic "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 17 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Niruja said: "British raj
    Brilliant service, very easy to use taste card but food way very oily "
    Posted 3 years, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall