tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 4 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Scrimshaws Restaurant @ The Whalebone Inn image
Scrimshaws Restaurant @ The Whalebone Inn image
Scrimshaws Restaurant @ The Whalebone Inn image
Scrimshaws Restaurant @ The Whalebone Inn image

50% off at Scrimshaws Restaurant @ The Whalebone Inn

The Whalebone Inn offers a home away from home atmosphere with great food and drink. A traditional pub, the attached restaurant Scrimshaws serves a sophisticated and varied menu.

.

Scrimshaws restaurant offers an à la carte menu and can accommodate everyone, from couples who want to enjoy an intimate dinner, to friends and families looking for a great meal out. They also offer a kiddies menu catering for the fussy eaters to the more adventurous.

The staff are headed by Tony Blackaby, a local Chef of fine repute, whose experience in the catering industry spans over 25 years.

With ample car parking and a sheltered smoking area, guests are provided with everything they need for a great visit to the pub.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion including the Sunday Roast offer.

View all reviews
Scrimshaws Restaurant @ The Whalebone Inn
Average member score
4.7 11
Diner rating
Excellent
8
Very good
3
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Linda said "Birthday night
We booked the restaurant after popping in the previous week we were impressed with the menu so..."
Read more
Sue said
" Service, food excellent would recommend this Reasturant xx can't use tastecard on roast..."
Read more
Ben said "Very Good
Lovely find, great food. Big portions!"
Read more
Ben said "Lovely Find!
Great food, big portions. Thank you!"
Read more
" Great food, and good sized portions. Excellent service. Will be back."
Read more
Jade said "Lovely Meal
Lovely meal, great staff"
Read more
donald said "Scrimshaws a lovely restaurant
We had a lovely meal 8 of us there last night sat 19th April the food atmosphere and service was..."
Read more
Mike said
" Have been back several times now and each time have experienced a different item on the menu and..."
Read more
BARBARA said
" Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Nothing is too much..."
Read more
Jo said
" Fantastic food, lovely staff, worth every penny."
Read more
rob said "well worth a visit
Nice size portions, rib eye with onions a must!!"
Read more
  • Linda said: "Birthday night
    We booked the restaurant after popping in the previous week we were impressed with the menu so booked a table for nine for a double birthday meal. All of us enjoyed the meal and the service was excellent. Will certainly go back again. L hollins "
    Posted 7 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sue said:
    " Service, food excellent would recommend this Reasturant xx can't use tastecard on roast dinner and specials roast dinner and fish and chips looks amazing x "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 17 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said: "Very Good
    Lovely find, great food. Big portions! "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said: "Lovely Find!
    Great food, big portions. Thank you! "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great food, and good sized portions. Excellent service. Will be back. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jade said: "Lovely Meal
    Lovely meal, great staff "
    Posted 2 years, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • donald said: "Scrimshaws a lovely restaurant
    We had a lovely meal 8 of us there last night sat 19th April the food atmosphere and service was first class highly recommended will definitely go back ;-) A+ "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said:
    " Have been back several times now and each time have experienced a different item on the menu and with the same result - excellently cooked, ample portions and thoroughly enjoyable. The staff and owners are extremely polite and friendly. Will definitely be going back - very soon. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • BARBARA said:
    " Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble and the chef is top class. Will be returning soon, that's for sure. Well done x "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 7 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jo said:
    " Fantastic food, lovely staff, worth every penny. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • rob said: "well worth a visit
    Nice size portions, rib eye with onions a must!! "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 4 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Linda said: "Birthday night
    We booked the restaurant after popping in the previous week we were impressed with the menu so booked a table for nine for a double birthday meal. All of us enjoyed the meal and the service was excellent. Will certainly go back again. L hollins "
    Posted 7 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sue said:
    " Service, food excellent would recommend this Reasturant xx can't use tastecard on roast dinner and specials roast dinner and fish and chips looks amazing x "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 17 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said: "Very Good
    Lovely find, great food. Big portions! "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said: "Lovely Find!
    Great food, big portions. Thank you! "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great food, and good sized portions. Excellent service. Will be back. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jade said: "Lovely Meal
    Lovely meal, great staff "
    Posted 2 years, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • donald said: "Scrimshaws a lovely restaurant
    We had a lovely meal 8 of us there last night sat 19th April the food atmosphere and service was first class highly recommended will definitely go back ;-) A+ "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said:
    " Have been back several times now and each time have experienced a different item on the menu and with the same result - excellently cooked, ample portions and thoroughly enjoyable. The staff and owners are extremely polite and friendly. Will definitely be going back - very soon. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • BARBARA said:
    " Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble and the chef is top class. Will be returning soon, that's for sure. Well done x "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 7 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jo said:
    " Fantastic food, lovely staff, worth every penny. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • rob said: "well worth a visit
    Nice size portions, rib eye with onions a must!! "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 4 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall