tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 8 peopleBooking requiredAvailable December
View Menu
Rani image

50% off at Rani

Rani is the longest established Gujarati Restaurant in London. Run by a Gujarati family, they endeavour to provide home-style Gujarati cooking; a concept which has been followed by Rani since 1984.

Rani brings together a range of dishes from all corners of Gujarat and has a lot to offer to lovers of vegetarian cuisine. All dishes on the menu are made in house by the team at Rani, using fresh, quality ingredients and a unique blend of spices that accommodates most palates and dietary requirements.

Rani cuisine is mild to medium spiced. For those anxious about spicy food, the house strongly recommends raita or plain yoghurt with your meal. Lassi (yoghurt drink) is another excellent accompaniment.

The ambience at Rani is perfect for meeting friends and family and enjoying long conversations over a great meal in a quiet, convivial atmosphere.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on Bank Holidays or Celebration Days including Valentine’s Day, Mothering Sunday, Father’s Day etc. Discount is not available on Buffet menu.

View all reviews
Rani
Average member score
4.4 29
Diner rating
Excellent
17
Very good
9
Good
2
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Carolyn said
" Already a great value buffet and with the tastecard it's an absolute steal! Fabulous fresh..."
Read more
Ben said
" We live locally and have been loads over the years.
Great value, really tasty food, good..."
Read more
Pepe said
" Really tasty food. Large portions. Excellent service including doggy bagging our leftovers..."
Read more
Kish said
" Good value for money"
Read more
Jaya said "Amazing
Honestly the greatest value for money.

Decor 10/10
Food 10/10
Value..."
Read more
Nisha said
" Pleasantly surprised, lovely decor, great customer service and above all simple and tasty..."
Read more
Nisha said
" Pleasantly surprised, lovely decor, great customer service and above all simple and tasty..."
Read more
Anna said "Ranis is amazing
You can't get better vegetarian food anywhere. Ranis is the best and had the nicest food...."
Read more
Ben said "Best Veg Indian Ever!
Been visiting rani for the past 20 years and the food has never failed to amaze.

..."
Read more
" Good veggie restaurant"
Read more
"Very Pleasant
Delicious home style food"
Read more
Paul said "Excellent Food !
The chefs have been here for over 30 years and the buffet was superb. You can always order al a..."
Read more
MARIA said
" Staff were nice and helpful. Atmosphere was very pleasant.
Food superb, as always, at Rani"
Read more
Sam said "Must Try
Great food, Friendly and helpful staff. great experience will be back soon"
Read more
aarti said "Pleasant surprise
Went to Rani's after many, many years for my mum's 75th birthday.

..."
Read more
Roger said "Extremely Tasty!
I visited Rani with a friend last Saturday evening. I called in advance to check whether they..."
Read more
Tony said "my first visit here for over 10 years.
Its so long ago when I came before that I cannot remember much about it apart from being nice..."
Read more
Nazli said
" Great"
Read more
ATHAVAN said "Vegetarian around the corner!
Great place for gujarati/vegetarian cuisine. The food is fresh and full of flavour and staff are..."
Read more
Ray said
" Always good food.... Good service & nice people a must try for all."
Read more
k said
" the food is fantastic. and service was great.it's more than value for money.variety of..."
Read more
Vinay said "Truly delicious!
The food is spectacular - like homemade tasty authentic gujarati food. The service was impressive..."
Read more
SS said "Fantastic!!!!
We live very local and can't believe that we have never come to this restaurant before. The..."
Read more
Nitesh said
" we went for the buffet, and it was fresh
they could have monitored and topped up more..."
Read more
Bijal said "WOW!!!!
WHAT A BARGAIN!!! It was my first visit to Rani and also my first use of tastecard and I must say..."
Read more
Umang said
" Being an Indian, it is easy for me to spot authentic Indian food. This one certainly doesn't..."
Read more
Krishan said
" Amazing value for money with tastecard. Some restaurants look at you funny when you present a..."
Read more
Sarah said
" It doesn't mention it here but on weekdays (not sure about Fridays) you can get 2 for 1 on..."
Read more
RR said
" Every visit to Rani is met with a warm welcome, excellent service and fantastic food.
Read more
  • Carolyn said:
    " Already a great value buffet and with the tastecard it's an absolute steal! Fabulous fresh vegetarian food, highly recommend "
    Posted 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said:
    " We live locally and have been loads over the years.
    Great value, really tasty food, good selection in the buffet. You can even order dosa as part of the buffet. I'm a meat eater but it's so good there you won't notice. Paneer is great to, hell try everything! "
    Posted 2 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pepe said:
    " Really tasty food. Large portions. Excellent service including doggy bagging our leftovers (because there was so much food!). Would recommend! "
    Posted 5 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kish said:
    " Good value for money "
    Posted 6 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jaya said: "Amazing
    Honestly the greatest value for money.

    Decor 10/10
    Food 10/10
    Value 10/10
    Service 10/10

    Would definitely recommend "
    Posted 6 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nisha said:
    " Pleasantly surprised, lovely decor, great customer service and above all simple and tasty Gujarati food, not dripping in oil as is the case with many other Indian restaurants. Buffet is great value for money, even more so with the taste card! Highly recommend this place. "
    Posted 8 months, 27 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nisha said:
    " Pleasantly surprised, lovely decor, great customer service and above all simple and tasty Gujarati food, not dripping in oil as is the case with many other Indian restaurants. Buffet is great value for money, even more so with the taste card! Highly recommend this place. "
    Posted 8 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anna said: "Ranis is amazing
    You can't get better vegetarian food anywhere. Ranis is the best and had the nicest food. Also it is beautifully refurbished. Very smart and excellent for all occasions. "
    Posted 9 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said: "Best Veg Indian Ever!
    Been visiting rani for the past 20 years and the food has never failed to amaze.

    With the Tastecard it's even better value for money especially the buffet with sooo much variety for as little as £7.50 after Tastecard discount

    Well done to Rani, one of the many few restaurants that has been around for a good few years and maintained its quality. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Good veggie restaurant "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Very Pleasant
    Delicious home style food "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Excellent Food !
    The chefs have been here for over 30 years and the buffet was superb. You can always order al a carte if you prefer. Wine is very good value. £12 for a bottle. You can't go wrong with Rani ! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MARIA said:
    " Staff were nice and helpful. Atmosphere was very pleasant.
    Food superb, as always, at Rani "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sam said: "Must Try
    Great food, Friendly and helpful staff. great experience will be back soon "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • aarti said: "Pleasant surprise
    Went to Rani's after many, many years for my mum's 75th birthday.

    Service and food was good, lots of choice in buffet.
    Nice, bright decor - would go back with family again. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Roger said: "Extremely Tasty!
    I visited Rani with a friend last Saturday evening. I called in advance to check whether they would accept Tastecard on a Saturday and had to wait for authorisation from the manager because they sometimes don't accept it if they are busy. I was told that it was ok to use for the buffet only - well, that's just what we wanted. The food was excellent and extremely tasty. One of the dishes contained paneer cheese and another had banana in it! Very creative. The selection of deserts was very limited. It was either a fruit salad or a delicious custard with fried pastry puffs. I would highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to returning soon. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tony said: "my first visit here for over 10 years.
    Its so long ago when I came before that I cannot remember much about it apart from being nice food with a rather cafe ambiance.

    So this visit was to see what it was like now and what may have changed.

    There is a buffet at £15 during the weekdays with a reasonable selection of starters, main dishes and a sweet and fresh fruit salad.

    I would have liked a massala dosai but here it is £9.90 which is about three times the usual cost at other places which seems a little unusual as most other dishes are reasonably priced.

    Drinks are at average prices and fresh tasting fruit juices are £2.10

    There was no problem booking or operating the tastecard and the bill was correctly calculated.

    The ambiance is still rather cafe like with granite topped tables and paper napkins. I found the too bright unshielded fluorescent light over the starters quite annoying. Easily prevented by baffles!

    The service was by a tiny Indian girl, a chinese boy and an East European girl. All were friendly and smiling. Although I suppose you have to have whoever will do the work, I do miss all Asian staff in an Asian restaurant although I have no complaints about anyone there as they all did their job efficiently. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nazli said:
    " Great "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ATHAVAN said: "Vegetarian around the corner!
    Great place for gujarati/vegetarian cuisine. The food is fresh and full of flavour and staff are very friendly and helpful. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ray said:
    " Always good food.... Good service & nice people a must try for all. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • k said:
    " the food is fantastic. and service was great.it's more than value for money.variety of starters. great for vegetarians!! loved it. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Vinay said: "Truly delicious!
    The food is spectacular - like homemade tasty authentic gujarati food. The service was impressive and the range of food was large and diverse. There is something for everyone and yet the price with taste card was really good value for money. I can see why Rani was voted as one of the top veg restaurants in London. I will be back soon! "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SS said: "Fantastic!!!!
    We live very local and can't believe that we have never come to this restaurant before. The restaurant is fairly large, very clean and the staff are really great - prompt service very polite and friendly. We have been there twice now for dinner having the buffet. Not a very large selection but it is all about the quality and there is enough choice and variety for everyone's taste. The menu selection itself has a massive range of food and with 50% off that it's a fantastic deal all round for everyone no matter what you order!

    I am indian myself so am very fussy about authentic food but the food here hits the spot so many many compliments to the chef. Extremely tasty, freshly made food with good quality ingredients used. The food is like home cooked food which is a huge added bonus. I intend to keep coming back regularly and with taste card it's an absolute bargain! Rani has become one of me favourite local restaurants and we will always keep coming back. I thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience here and I would highly recommend this restaurant to all my family and friends. The branded little chocolate at the end of the meal is a nice touch too. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nitesh said:
    " we went for the buffet, and it was fresh
    they could have monitored and topped up more frequently.
    food was good, service was ok, although not sure if there were enough waiters for a saturday evening,
    would go again. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bijal said: "WOW!!!!
    WHAT A BARGAIN!!! It was my first visit to Rani and also my first use of tastecard and I must say I was impressed.

    Rani do a buffet consisting of a selection of food and I couldn't believe they accept tastecard for the buffet.

    The food quality and taste was excellent, my favourite was the bhel poori and murcha paneer which I must say is the best I have tried.

    I was also impressed at the fact we get a clean plate for each visit to the buffet.

    Restaurant also has a 5* hygiene rating from the local council which is a bonus.

    For £7.5o, I don't think anyone can offer a better buffet! "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 14 days ago...
    7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Umang said:
    " Being an Indian, it is easy for me to spot authentic Indian food. This one certainly doesn't serve authentic Indian food (at least not fresh!). We ordered 3 curries and to my surprise all the curries had the same gravy (not even a bit different).
    Service was sub-standard, there was only one waitress catering for 8-9 tables. Having said that most of the tables were having buffet (still she was pretty busy with drinks orders etc). Part of the restaurant was under renovation, with builders passing your table. I would not call it your classic restaurant ambiance. However that shouldn't bother much, as I guess that will be over sooner or later. Not to mention that the owner was busy with the builder leaving the poor waitress on her own. I would have definitely slapped 1 star, had it not been for the yummy "Aloo bhajia". "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 25 days ago...
    3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Krishan said:
    " Amazing value for money with tastecard. Some restaurants look at you funny when you present a tastecard, not this restaurant. Definitely will be going back! Food is excellent! "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 11 days ago...
    6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said:
    " It doesn't mention it here but on weekdays (not sure about Fridays) you can get 2 for 1 on their buffet, so it works out as £7.50 each. There were 8 starters and 4 curries on the buffet amongst other things and even though it wasn't the biggest variety- the food was really good, and for a small restaurant it wouldn't make sense to have more on offer for it to go to waste. The service was amazing, the waiters were friendly and there were no problems about using tastecard and no pressure to buy drinks etc. A nice atmosphere, I will definitely be going back. "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 13 days ago...
    5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • RR said:
    " Every visit to Rani is met with a warm welcome, excellent service and fantastic food.

    Always tasty, there is something for everyone whatever you preferences are.

    For real Indian food- Rani is the place to go! "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 23 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Carolyn said:
    " Already a great value buffet and with the tastecard it's an absolute steal! Fabulous fresh vegetarian food, highly recommend "
    Posted 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said:
    " We live locally and have been loads over the years.
    Great value, really tasty food, good selection in the buffet. You can even order dosa as part of the buffet. I'm a meat eater but it's so good there you won't notice. Paneer is great to, hell try everything! "
    Posted 2 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pepe said:
    " Really tasty food. Large portions. Excellent service including doggy bagging our leftovers (because there was so much food!). Would recommend! "
    Posted 5 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kish said:
    " Good value for money "
    Posted 6 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jaya said: "Amazing
    Honestly the greatest value for money.

    Decor 10/10
    Food 10/10
    Value 10/10
    Service 10/10

    Would definitely recommend "
    Posted 6 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nisha said:
    " Pleasantly surprised, lovely decor, great customer service and above all simple and tasty Gujarati food, not dripping in oil as is the case with many other Indian restaurants. Buffet is great value for money, even more so with the taste card! Highly recommend this place. "
    Posted 8 months, 27 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nisha said:
    " Pleasantly surprised, lovely decor, great customer service and above all simple and tasty Gujarati food, not dripping in oil as is the case with many other Indian restaurants. Buffet is great value for money, even more so with the taste card! Highly recommend this place. "
    Posted 8 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anna said: "Ranis is amazing
    You can't get better vegetarian food anywhere. Ranis is the best and had the nicest food. Also it is beautifully refurbished. Very smart and excellent for all occasions. "
    Posted 9 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said: "Best Veg Indian Ever!
    Been visiting rani for the past 20 years and the food has never failed to amaze.

    With the Tastecard it's even better value for money especially the buffet with sooo much variety for as little as £7.50 after Tastecard discount

    Well done to Rani, one of the many few restaurants that has been around for a good few years and maintained its quality. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Good veggie restaurant "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Very Pleasant
    Delicious home style food "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Excellent Food !
    The chefs have been here for over 30 years and the buffet was superb. You can always order al a carte if you prefer. Wine is very good value. £12 for a bottle. You can't go wrong with Rani ! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MARIA said:
    " Staff were nice and helpful. Atmosphere was very pleasant.
    Food superb, as always, at Rani "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sam said: "Must Try
    Great food, Friendly and helpful staff. great experience will be back soon "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • aarti said: "Pleasant surprise
    Went to Rani's after many, many years for my mum's 75th birthday.

    Service and food was good, lots of choice in buffet.
    Nice, bright decor - would go back with family again. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Roger said: "Extremely Tasty!
    I visited Rani with a friend last Saturday evening. I called in advance to check whether they would accept Tastecard on a Saturday and had to wait for authorisation from the manager because they sometimes don't accept it if they are busy. I was told that it was ok to use for the buffet only - well, that's just what we wanted. The food was excellent and extremely tasty. One of the dishes contained paneer cheese and another had banana in it! Very creative. The selection of deserts was very limited. It was either a fruit salad or a delicious custard with fried pastry puffs. I would highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to returning soon. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tony said: "my first visit here for over 10 years.
    Its so long ago when I came before that I cannot remember much about it apart from being nice food with a rather cafe ambiance.

    So this visit was to see what it was like now and what may have changed.

    There is a buffet at £15 during the weekdays with a reasonable selection of starters, main dishes and a sweet and fresh fruit salad.

    I would have liked a massala dosai but here it is £9.90 which is about three times the usual cost at other places which seems a little unusual as most other dishes are reasonably priced.

    Drinks are at average prices and fresh tasting fruit juices are £2.10

    There was no problem booking or operating the tastecard and the bill was correctly calculated.

    The ambiance is still rather cafe like with granite topped tables and paper napkins. I found the too bright unshielded fluorescent light over the starters quite annoying. Easily prevented by baffles!

    The service was by a tiny Indian girl, a chinese boy and an East European girl. All were friendly and smiling. Although I suppose you have to have whoever will do the work, I do miss all Asian staff in an Asian restaurant although I have no complaints about anyone there as they all did their job efficiently. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nazli said:
    " Great "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ATHAVAN said: "Vegetarian around the corner!
    Great place for gujarati/vegetarian cuisine. The food is fresh and full of flavour and staff are very friendly and helpful. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ray said:
    " Always good food.... Good service & nice people a must try for all. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • k said:
    " the food is fantastic. and service was great.it's more than value for money.variety of starters. great for vegetarians!! loved it. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Vinay said: "Truly delicious!
    The food is spectacular - like homemade tasty authentic gujarati food. The service was impressive and the range of food was large and diverse. There is something for everyone and yet the price with taste card was really good value for money. I can see why Rani was voted as one of the top veg restaurants in London. I will be back soon! "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SS said: "Fantastic!!!!
    We live very local and can't believe that we have never come to this restaurant before. The restaurant is fairly large, very clean and the staff are really great - prompt service very polite and friendly. We have been there twice now for dinner having the buffet. Not a very large selection but it is all about the quality and there is enough choice and variety for everyone's taste. The menu selection itself has a massive range of food and with 50% off that it's a fantastic deal all round for everyone no matter what you order!

    I am indian myself so am very fussy about authentic food but the food here hits the spot so many many compliments to the chef. Extremely tasty, freshly made food with good quality ingredients used. The food is like home cooked food which is a huge added bonus. I intend to keep coming back regularly and with taste card it's an absolute bargain! Rani has become one of me favourite local restaurants and we will always keep coming back. I thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience here and I would highly recommend this restaurant to all my family and friends. The branded little chocolate at the end of the meal is a nice touch too. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nitesh said:
    " we went for the buffet, and it was fresh
    they could have monitored and topped up more frequently.
    food was good, service was ok, although not sure if there were enough waiters for a saturday evening,
    would go again. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bijal said: "WOW!!!!
    WHAT A BARGAIN!!! It was my first visit to Rani and also my first use of tastecard and I must say I was impressed.

    Rani do a buffet consisting of a selection of food and I couldn't believe they accept tastecard for the buffet.

    The food quality and taste was excellent, my favourite was the bhel poori and murcha paneer which I must say is the best I have tried.

    I was also impressed at the fact we get a clean plate for each visit to the buffet.

    Restaurant also has a 5* hygiene rating from the local council which is a bonus.

    For £7.5o, I don't think anyone can offer a better buffet! "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 14 days ago...
    7 out of 7 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Umang said:
    " Being an Indian, it is easy for me to spot authentic Indian food. This one certainly doesn't serve authentic Indian food (at least not fresh!). We ordered 3 curries and to my surprise all the curries had the same gravy (not even a bit different).
    Service was sub-standard, there was only one waitress catering for 8-9 tables. Having said that most of the tables were having buffet (still she was pretty busy with drinks orders etc). Part of the restaurant was under renovation, with builders passing your table. I would not call it your classic restaurant ambiance. However that shouldn't bother much, as I guess that will be over sooner or later. Not to mention that the owner was busy with the builder leaving the poor waitress on her own. I would have definitely slapped 1 star, had it not been for the yummy "Aloo bhajia". "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 25 days ago...
    3 out of 5 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Krishan said:
    " Amazing value for money with tastecard. Some restaurants look at you funny when you present a tastecard, not this restaurant. Definitely will be going back! Food is excellent! "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 11 days ago...
    6 out of 6 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said:
    " It doesn't mention it here but on weekdays (not sure about Fridays) you can get 2 for 1 on their buffet, so it works out as £7.50 each. There were 8 starters and 4 curries on the buffet amongst other things and even though it wasn't the biggest variety- the food was really good, and for a small restaurant it wouldn't make sense to have more on offer for it to go to waste. The service was amazing, the waiters were friendly and there were no problems about using tastecard and no pressure to buy drinks etc. A nice atmosphere, I will definitely be going back. "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 13 days ago...
    5 out of 5 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • RR said:
    " Every visit to Rani is met with a warm welcome, excellent service and fantastic food.

    Always tasty, there is something for everyone whatever you preferences are.

    For real Indian food- Rani is the place to go! "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 23 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall