tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Oscar's Restaurant @ The Red Hall Hotel image
Oscar's Restaurant @ The Red Hall Hotel image
Oscar's Restaurant @ The Red Hall Hotel image
Oscar's Restaurant @ The Red Hall Hotel image
Oscar's Restaurant @ The Red Hall Hotel image

2 for 1 at Oscar's Restaurant @ The Red Hall Hotel

No matter what the occasion, Oscar's Restaurant at The Red Hall Hotel ensures guests are provided with friendly and efficient service in a laid-back environment. The venue is based in Bury on the outskirts of Manchester.

Oscar's Restaurant serves a variety of English and Modern European Cuisine, locally sourced where possible, with dishes such as fish and chips, sliced breast of duck over sticky red cabbage, thyme infused fondant and finished with a rich madeira jus and classic crème brulee, the menu has something to offer all tastes.

The Head Chef has recently introduced new menus but has ensured that favourites such as ‘Bury Black Pudding’ and ‘Fish Pie’ remained on the menu. He believes that great food doesn’t have to come at a high price and only offers affordable dishes and always uses local produce suppliers to guarantee that only high quality, fresh cuisine is served.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on Bank Holidays or Celebration Days including Valentine’s Day, Mothering Sunday, Father’s Day etc. The offer is not available on Sundays as the Set Sunday Menu is served and the a la carte menu is not available.

View all reviews
Oscar's Restaurant @ The Red Hall Hotel
Average member score
4.3 10
Diner rating
Excellent
3
Very good
7
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Jessica said "Excellent food
The food is exceptional and the service is lovely. You are treated very nicely. The hotel is..."
Read more
Jessica said "Excellent food, lovely hotel and restaurant
The food was lovely, I had the burger tasted very nice. I also had the sticky toffee pudding for..."
Read more
Paulette said "Fantastic food!
This restaurant is close to where we live but hadn't been for years as we didn't like..."
Read more
Nic said "Good Food Slow Service
The food was lovely although we had to send the first fillet steak back as it was over cooked...."
Read more
Nicola said "Family Meal
Good service , nice food"
Read more
Bob said "Food
Great"
Read more
David said "Gourmet Grub
Sadly, I cannot attach the menu served onFriday 19th June which would have shown the reader the..."
Read more
David said "Go if you can!
The 'Do' to which I referred in a previous review is almost upon us and, as there have..."
Read more
Hilary said
" Tasty food."
Read more
Telle said "Top Food
Lovely restaurant. Staffs ease of allowing use of the card changes. Food is always spectacularly..."
Read more
  • Jessica said: "Excellent food
    The food is exceptional and the service is lovely. You are treated very nicely. The hotel is decorated lovely and has a great ambiance in the dining room. The food isn't that expensive but with the taste card makes it worth while even more so. Saving you 50%. "
    Posted 1 month, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jessica said: "Excellent food, lovely hotel and restaurant
    The food was lovely, I had the burger tasted very nice. I also had the sticky toffee pudding for dessert. The food was really lovely. The hotel is lovely in a very nice location and building. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Lovely dining experience. "
    Posted 5 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paulette said: "Fantastic food!
    This restaurant is close to where we live but hadn't been for years as we didn't like it under its previous ownership. We only decided to try it because it took tastecard bookings and I'm so glad we did, the food was faultless, I had the chicken liver parfait which was gorgeous, I enjoyed the meal so much I had to try a dessert even though I was full. I had the chocolate tart which was divine. The service was a little slow but courteous and welcoming so I'm going to give it 5 stars for everything coz I think you can forgive a little slow service if you know that the food is going to be fantastic. Will book again, with or without tastecard but I'm so glad that having a tastecard made me try it. It's a little gem just off the motorway so more people should try it- enjoy! "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 1 day ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nic said: "Good Food Slow Service
    The food was lovely although we had to send the first fillet steak back as it was over cooked. However, it was changed and the next steak was cooked as ordered. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicola said: "Family Meal
    Good service , nice food "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bob said: "Food
    Great "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Gourmet Grub
    Sadly, I cannot attach the menu served onFriday 19th June which would have shown the reader the variety to which those sufficiently fortunate to be there were treated and if, with my typing skills, I had written it out I would have been here when the next Gourmet Evening comes round. Suffice to say that the food was awesome and with a suitable wine served to accompany each course it was an experience rather than simply a meal and even the meals at Oscar's are exceptional but chef Andy Robinshaw & his team excelled. The Roast fillet of beef had to be amazing because it was cooked to perfection, the browning being so light as to be almost translucent. My wife rarely eats beef, it not being her favourite meat but she ate hers with relish (I mean attitude not sauce); it was just amazing, so much so that we weren't given steak knives as they would have been surplus to requirement. Words really cannot describe any of the courses but the Raspberry Soufflé especially needs to be 'mentioned in despatches' as being other-worldly (chef must had had a day out in heaven to collect the recipe). I will not ramble on further but just exhort you to book early for the next Gourmet night (August I think). Before I finish I would just like to make special mention of Deepak Yadav (Food and Beverage Manager) who was on top of his game to ensure that his front of house team performed well in getting the food served because, unlike any other night, the Gourmet courses are served to every table at 'the same time' which is no mean feat yet was performed seamlessly. Each wine was briefly described as to its origins and the reasons for each being chosen for the food it accompanied. I will just take this opportunity to thank out for a 65th birthday party truly special. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Go if you can!
    The 'Do' to which I referred in a previous review is almost upon us and, as there have been changes since the restaurant was 'Legends', my wife and I visited Oscar's last Thursday and had the most wonderful food: my wife had the Chicken Liver Parfait with Toasted brioche and Fitzpatrick’s rhubarb
    and rosehip jelly (which was awesome) followed by the Roast Breast of Duck (Scented with honey and chinese five spice, duck confit fritter, fondant potato, braised leeks, pak choi and celeriac puree, black cherry jus.) whilst I had the Crispy Squid with Chilli, coriander with a salsa verde followed by the Roast Fillet of Pork accompanied by Black pudding croquette, crispy crackling, creamed potatoes, roast shallots, carrots and peas, apple puree and Fitzpatrick’s Blood tonic sauce. Afterwards I had the Sticky Toffee Pudding (which, if not as good as 'Cartmel' isn't far off) made in house by Oscar's chef as are many, if not most of the dishes. I am a great fan of restaurants/hotels who's make as much of their food in house and from local suppliers (Oscar's is a great advertisement for Riley Bros. Butchers) so this restaurant scores highly on this count. The menu choice is adequate and has clearly been designed to offer a limited number of options at which the kitchen may excel rather than a plethora of dishes from which tin is often difficult to select one because the offering is too varied so I see this as another plus for Oscar's. If I am to search for a negative it is that the lest expensive wine was £17.50 which we thought a little too much when compared to the food prices which, in our opinion, are reasonable (starters and dessert prices are definitely disproportionately high but this seems now to be the case at most restaurants so I will not level criticism in this respect at Oscar's. Friday 19th June is 'the do' and we have been fortunate in it falling on a night when the special 'Gourmet' menu is to be served. It is a pity that I cannot attach a copy because it looks amazing and each course will be accompanied by a suitable wine. (Can't use my Tastecard for this unfortunately) Being able to use my Tastecard here is fantastic and as it is only about 4 miles from home we can go at short notice any time the fancy takes us. I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hilary said:
    " Tasty food. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Telle said: "Top Food
    Lovely restaurant. Staffs ease of allowing use of the card changes. Food is always spectacularly presented and of good quality. I've had many visits here at different times of the day and would recommend. Definitely phone in advance. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Jessica said: "Excellent food
    The food is exceptional and the service is lovely. You are treated very nicely. The hotel is decorated lovely and has a great ambiance in the dining room. The food isn't that expensive but with the taste card makes it worth while even more so. Saving you 50%. "
    Posted 1 month, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jessica said: "Excellent food, lovely hotel and restaurant
    The food was lovely, I had the burger tasted very nice. I also had the sticky toffee pudding for dessert. The food was really lovely. The hotel is lovely in a very nice location and building. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Lovely dining experience. "
    Posted 5 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paulette said: "Fantastic food!
    This restaurant is close to where we live but hadn't been for years as we didn't like it under its previous ownership. We only decided to try it because it took tastecard bookings and I'm so glad we did, the food was faultless, I had the chicken liver parfait which was gorgeous, I enjoyed the meal so much I had to try a dessert even though I was full. I had the chocolate tart which was divine. The service was a little slow but courteous and welcoming so I'm going to give it 5 stars for everything coz I think you can forgive a little slow service if you know that the food is going to be fantastic. Will book again, with or without tastecard but I'm so glad that having a tastecard made me try it. It's a little gem just off the motorway so more people should try it- enjoy! "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 1 day ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nic said: "Good Food Slow Service
    The food was lovely although we had to send the first fillet steak back as it was over cooked. However, it was changed and the next steak was cooked as ordered. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicola said: "Family Meal
    Good service , nice food "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bob said: "Food
    Great "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Gourmet Grub
    Sadly, I cannot attach the menu served onFriday 19th June which would have shown the reader the variety to which those sufficiently fortunate to be there were treated and if, with my typing skills, I had written it out I would have been here when the next Gourmet Evening comes round. Suffice to say that the food was awesome and with a suitable wine served to accompany each course it was an experience rather than simply a meal and even the meals at Oscar's are exceptional but chef Andy Robinshaw & his team excelled. The Roast fillet of beef had to be amazing because it was cooked to perfection, the browning being so light as to be almost translucent. My wife rarely eats beef, it not being her favourite meat but she ate hers with relish (I mean attitude not sauce); it was just amazing, so much so that we weren't given steak knives as they would have been surplus to requirement. Words really cannot describe any of the courses but the Raspberry Soufflé especially needs to be 'mentioned in despatches' as being other-worldly (chef must had had a day out in heaven to collect the recipe). I will not ramble on further but just exhort you to book early for the next Gourmet night (August I think). Before I finish I would just like to make special mention of Deepak Yadav (Food and Beverage Manager) who was on top of his game to ensure that his front of house team performed well in getting the food served because, unlike any other night, the Gourmet courses are served to every table at 'the same time' which is no mean feat yet was performed seamlessly. Each wine was briefly described as to its origins and the reasons for each being chosen for the food it accompanied. I will just take this opportunity to thank out for a 65th birthday party truly special. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Go if you can!
    The 'Do' to which I referred in a previous review is almost upon us and, as there have been changes since the restaurant was 'Legends', my wife and I visited Oscar's last Thursday and had the most wonderful food: my wife had the Chicken Liver Parfait with Toasted brioche and Fitzpatrick’s rhubarb
    and rosehip jelly (which was awesome) followed by the Roast Breast of Duck (Scented with honey and chinese five spice, duck confit fritter, fondant potato, braised leeks, pak choi and celeriac puree, black cherry jus.) whilst I had the Crispy Squid with Chilli, coriander with a salsa verde followed by the Roast Fillet of Pork accompanied by Black pudding croquette, crispy crackling, creamed potatoes, roast shallots, carrots and peas, apple puree and Fitzpatrick’s Blood tonic sauce. Afterwards I had the Sticky Toffee Pudding (which, if not as good as 'Cartmel' isn't far off) made in house by Oscar's chef as are many, if not most of the dishes. I am a great fan of restaurants/hotels who's make as much of their food in house and from local suppliers (Oscar's is a great advertisement for Riley Bros. Butchers) so this restaurant scores highly on this count. The menu choice is adequate and has clearly been designed to offer a limited number of options at which the kitchen may excel rather than a plethora of dishes from which tin is often difficult to select one because the offering is too varied so I see this as another plus for Oscar's. If I am to search for a negative it is that the lest expensive wine was £17.50 which we thought a little too much when compared to the food prices which, in our opinion, are reasonable (starters and dessert prices are definitely disproportionately high but this seems now to be the case at most restaurants so I will not level criticism in this respect at Oscar's. Friday 19th June is 'the do' and we have been fortunate in it falling on a night when the special 'Gourmet' menu is to be served. It is a pity that I cannot attach a copy because it looks amazing and each course will be accompanied by a suitable wine. (Can't use my Tastecard for this unfortunately) Being able to use my Tastecard here is fantastic and as it is only about 4 miles from home we can go at short notice any time the fancy takes us. I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hilary said:
    " Tasty food. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Telle said: "Top Food
    Lovely restaurant. Staffs ease of allowing use of the card changes. Food is always spectacularly presented and of good quality. I've had many visits here at different times of the day and would recommend. Definitely phone in advance. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall