1. Upon arrival everything was perfect the restaurant looked amazing we were greeted very well and seated. Unfortunately that's where the good part ended.
2. To start with I ordered a glass of red wine. When the drinks arrived I was presented with a large glass of red wine. I said to the waiter,
"I am sorry but did not order a large glass of red wine I just wanted to regular 175ml one."
At this point the way to started arguing with me for the next couple of minutes insisting that that is what I ordered and that this is what I should have. I felt very embarrassed about the way he was speaking to me.
It would've been more common courtesy practice to have said "no problem I will change it for you".
Instead the waiter carried on arguing the point about what he thought I had ordered.
I apologised for that and said "I'm sorry if I had wanted a large glass of red wine I would have said that, but what I wanted was small regular glass the 175ml".
Eventually he reluctantly replaced it with a dissatisfied look on his face and still arguing the point.
At this point we thought we should leave but thought things would get better and we persevered reluctantly.
2. When the food arrived I mentioned to the waiter that it was my girlfriends first time of eating Indian food in a restaurant. To which he replied "oh why didn't you tell me, I would have never ordered this food for you. Instead I would have chosen you much better dishes."
Which got interpreted by her that what we had ordered was not good.
We actually found the waiter very arrogant, pushy and forceful, where he had to be right about everything.
He made out we knew nothing, and he knew everything. He suggested she should have ordered a Chicken Passandra which is a good dish but not something you give to someone on their first time in an Indian restaurant.
3. When we started putting the food on our plates, my girlfriend and I realised that there was very little chicken in our meal. I then asked the waiter how many pieces of chicken should there be on the dish.
He replied "there should be 7 to 8 pieces of chicken which is the normal" as I would've thought.
I said to him unfortunately there are only four or five pieces in our main course each. Which we showed him on our plate.
At this point the waiter was very upset at me and said he would get some more chicken from the kitchen. He then walked away and called the manager over.
I then explained the same thing to the manager and he very kindly said he would get extra chicken put into our dishes. This came after some time and we were great full for a decent portion.
4. Now the food was good but I had ordered a chicken Jalfrezi which should've had green chillis and a hot flavour to it none of which I found in my main course. The korma was ok but the rice was like old thin grains not the fluffy rice we normally have at Indian restaurants.
At this point I did not bring this to their attention at the time as it was getting very very embarrassing for us.
5. After this the whole atmosphere from all the staff became very hostile towards us and we could not bear being there any longer and quickly payed the bill with an underserved tip and left.
I am not someone who writes letters complaining about things but this was such a disastrous evening. However the next day at work when my girlfriend was talking with her work colleagues about the terrible meal experience we had had at your restaurant.
A few of our colleagues had also visited this restaurant had had a similar bad experience. Since then I have had several more complaints about
They have a lovely restaurant and we would have loved to come back again but unfortunately based on our last visit and now hearing comments from other people it is unlikely.
However being the optimist I emailed, wrote to them and called them to give you them opportunity to make things right so that we can make a regular occurrence of their restaurant.
We usually eat out 3-4 times a week and wanted to make this restaurant one of our locals. As we have done so with other restaurants in Slough & Maidenhead.
However as of yet no response has been received which is very disappointing. I hope after reading this restaurant will make the necessary changes.
Posted 3 months, 20 days ago...
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?