tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 12 peopleFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The Mile image
The Mile image

50% off at The Mile

The Mile is South Shields most popular venue for the discerning diner. Every day, the chefs serve up premium, home cooked food, using only fresh produce, locally sourced whenever possible.

With unbelievable surroundings, background music and premier league food, The Mile is the place to be if you want to spend a day or night out with your nearest and dearest.

Alongside the great food served, guests will find a full menu of classic drinks with some new additions for you to try. The bar is also stacked with a range of quality draught real ales, lagers and ciders.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on Sundays as a carvery is served and the a la carte menu is not available.

View all reviews
The Mile
Average member score
4.8 12
Diner rating
Excellent
9
Very good
3
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Julie said "Lovely staff
Nice friendly staff .great food .i would highly recommend the mile:-)"
Read more
" Great service"
Read more
julie said "Mmm
Love this tastecard"
Read more
Jan said "Great
Amazing food and value for money,staff very friendly,service excellent,restaurant clean,I'd..."
Read more
Jan said "Fab
Amazing food and service."
Read more
Jan said
" Had mixed grill with friend food fantastic good value for money even if you didn't have a..."
Read more
Paul said
" Brill value will be going again soon!
Food is superb!"
Read more
A2 said
" Reasonable prices, great food, will definitely be returning"
Read more
Kev said "Excellent
Got the grill wrap combo to share. Gorgeous food half price!!!!!!"
Read more
KELLY said "Definitely worth it a*
Lovely food and good portions will be going back again and again :-)"
Read more
gemma said ":)
Lovely food, excellent value for money"
Read more
Karen said "Pub grub.
Nice town centre bar. We had scampi, chips and salad and you get a free desert with meals. We..."
Read more
  • Julie said: "Lovely staff
    Nice friendly staff .great food .i would highly recommend the mile:-) "
    Posted 2 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great service "
    Posted 3 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • julie said: "Mmm
    Love this tastecard "
    Posted 3 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jan said: "Great
    Amazing food and value for money,staff very friendly,service excellent,restaurant clean,I'd like a little more lighting but can't complain really. "
    Posted 6 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jan said: "Fab
    Amazing food and service. "
    Posted 9 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jan said:
    " Had mixed grill with friend food fantastic good value for money even if you didn't have a taste card. Staff very helpful bit quiet Monday arrived at 3.30pm meals finish at 4pm a saving of £9.50 We will be visiting again "
    Posted 9 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said:
    " Brill value will be going again soon!
    Food is superb! "
    Posted 10 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • A2 said:
    " Reasonable prices, great food, will definitely be returning "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kev said: "Excellent
    Got the grill wrap combo to share. Gorgeous food half price!!!!!! "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KELLY said: "Definitely worth it a*
    Lovely food and good portions will be going back again and again :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • gemma said: ":)
    Lovely food, excellent value for money "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Pub grub.
    Nice town centre bar. We had scampi, chips and salad and you get a free desert with meals. We had orange cheesecake, all fine and for £3 each. Bargain! "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 12 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Julie said: "Lovely staff
    Nice friendly staff .great food .i would highly recommend the mile:-) "
    Posted 2 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great service "
    Posted 3 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • julie said: "Mmm
    Love this tastecard "
    Posted 3 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jan said: "Great
    Amazing food and value for money,staff very friendly,service excellent,restaurant clean,I'd like a little more lighting but can't complain really. "
    Posted 6 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jan said: "Fab
    Amazing food and service. "
    Posted 9 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jan said:
    " Had mixed grill with friend food fantastic good value for money even if you didn't have a taste card. Staff very helpful bit quiet Monday arrived at 3.30pm meals finish at 4pm a saving of £9.50 We will be visiting again "
    Posted 9 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said:
    " Brill value will be going again soon!
    Food is superb! "
    Posted 10 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • A2 said:
    " Reasonable prices, great food, will definitely be returning "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kev said: "Excellent
    Got the grill wrap combo to share. Gorgeous food half price!!!!!! "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KELLY said: "Definitely worth it a*
    Lovely food and good portions will be going back again and again :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • gemma said: ":)
    Lovely food, excellent value for money "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Pub grub.
    Nice town centre bar. We had scampi, chips and salad and you get a free desert with meals. We had orange cheesecake, all fine and for £3 each. Bargain! "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 12 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall