tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The Vine at Hannington image
The Vine at Hannington image
The Vine at Hannington image
The Vine at Hannington image
The Vine at Hannington image

50% off at The Vine at Hannington

The Vine at Hannington is a traditional country pub located in the picturesque village of Hannington, Hampshire, declared an area of outstanding natural beauty.

Visit and enjoy great home-cooked food, fine wines and real ales all in the friendly and relaxed bar, airy conservatory and large garden.

The Vine at Hannington offers a menu consisting of home-cooked country pub food at affordable prices. The menu changes with the seasons ensuring the finest produce on offer is used. Many of the herbs, salads and vegetables used in the dishes are grown in the pubs own garden.

Important Information

Please Note: Not available on Sunday as a different menu is served, not available on Friday or Saturday evening service. The tastecard discount is not available all day Sunday, Bank Holidays or Celebration Days including Valentine’s Day, Mothering Sunday, Father’s Day etc. The Vine at Hannington is closed all day Monday.

View all reviews
The Vine at Hannington
Average member score
4.7 27
Diner rating
Excellent
19
Very good
7
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
" Very good"
Read more
"Lovely Spring Meal
Lovely food in the pub garden, little one enjoyed the playground and the food!"
Read more
Jaha27 said
" Had a lovely meal, friendly and efficient service. Food hot and tasty. Would highly recommend."
Read more
" Lovely food, great atmosphere and service"
Read more
Carol said "Great Meal
Everything was good, food & service. A traditional country pub with a good selection of..."
Read more
Neil said
" Starters were very slow and soup was cold main courses all good service for a quite night not great."
Read more
Helen said "Excellent food
Steak was beautiful and so succulent. .service very good too. Great value. I have been twice now..."
Read more
David said "Excellent, such a great experience
Goat cheese starter very nicely balanced with a great taste. Stake cooked to perfection, burger..."
Read more
THOMAS said "Evening meal
Excellent evening, food was very good and the pudding is to die for. Home made raspberry and..."
Read more
Steve said
" Been here couple times once as a large group and also as a couple food really good good service..."
Read more
VIVIAN said "Much better than I expected
I had seen varying reviews of this pub and wasn't expecting too much. I have to say we were..."
Read more
Charis said "Relaxed experience with great service
The staff were very friendly and attentive. Lovely to sit in the conservatory overlooking the..."
Read more
Kay said "Excellent
Really good food. Lovely garden with kids area. Staff really friendly. Have been twice with..."
Read more
Emma said "Yummy
A really lovely meal, food was great. A good selection for both adults and children and a lovely..."
Read more
" Lovely food. Nice relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Friendly staff. :-)"
Read more
Lesley said "Friendly
Always friendly, relaxing and great food"
Read more
"Another Day And Another Great Meal
Took my parents and dog and had a superb meal best pork belly I have had in years land lady was..."
Read more
"great food and service
We are fairly local and for some reason had not been before - that will change after a really..."
Read more
Nicholas said "Excellent
Staying in Hampshire for a few days near Basingstoke. Four of us went for an evening meal. Had..."
Read more
"Excellent
Top class food
Quiet relaxed atmosphere"
Read more
Judy said "Excellent
Took my daughters for a lunch time treat. The food was excellent as was the service. My girls..."
Read more
Sue said "Lovely lunch
Went to The Vine this week for a post birthday lunch with some girl friends and we had a really..."
Read more
Sandra said "Sandra
Really good proper food, freshly cooked. Nice atmosphere too."
Read more
Ian said "Good pub food
We visit here quite often and are never disappointed. The owner and the staff are lovely and the..."
Read more
Charlotte said "Lovely place to eat...
A lovely pub/restaurant combo with great home cooked food and desserts... Very friendly staff and..."
Read more
I&L said "Great food, good value
We have visited the Vine many times and have always enjoyed the food. Staff are always pleasant..."
Read more
Mel said
" Good pub, food and atmosphere. Combines the needs of the occasional user and regulars with ease,..."
Read more
  • " Very good "
    Posted 2 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Lovely Spring Meal
    Lovely food in the pub garden, little one enjoyed the playground and the food! "
    Posted 6 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jaha27 said:
    " Had a lovely meal, friendly and efficient service. Food hot and tasty. Would highly recommend. "
    Posted 7 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Lovely food, great atmosphere and service "
    Posted 10 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carol said: "Great Meal
    Everything was good, food & service. A traditional country pub with a good selection of beers. The sharing platter was particularly good. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Neil said:
    " Starters were very slow and soup was cold main courses all good service for a quite night not great. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Helen said: "Excellent food
    Steak was beautiful and so succulent. .service very good too. Great value. I have been twice now lunchtime and evening both good. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Excellent, such a great experience
    Goat cheese starter very nicely balanced with a great taste. Stake cooked to perfection, burger still very juicy and good taste. Fudge brownie was so rich and warm. Great staff and great food i loved the whole meal. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • THOMAS said: "Evening meal
    Excellent evening, food was very good and the pudding is to die for. Home made raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake!!! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said:
    " Been here couple times once as a large group and also as a couple food really good good service good location can't fault it "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • VIVIAN said: "Much better than I expected
    I had seen varying reviews of this pub and wasn't expecting too much. I have to say we were both pleasantly surprised. The friendly welcome and excellent service paired very nicely with the food and drink. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Charis said: "Relaxed experience with great service
    The staff were very friendly and attentive. Lovely to sit in the conservatory overlooking the garden. Pleased with the food, all home cooked, good portions and fabulous cheesecake. Will definitely go back. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kay said: "Excellent
    Really good food. Lovely garden with kids area. Staff really friendly. Have been twice with friends. Party of 4 and a party 8 and have saved £90.00. Excellent value for money. But food has always been great even when paying full price. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Emma said: "Yummy
    A really lovely meal, food was great. A good selection for both adults and children and a lovely location. Will definitely be back. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Lovely food. Nice relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Friendly staff. :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lesley said: "Friendly
    Always friendly, relaxing and great food "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Another Day And Another Great Meal
    Took my parents and dog and had a superb meal best pork belly I have had in years land lady was very welcoming a lively cosy place on a dark rainy night "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 22 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "great food and service
    We are fairly local and for some reason had not been before - that will change after a really good meal with friends. One even said it was the best fish and chips he had had. We chose differing things including game casserole with dumplings and no one was disappointed the staff were helpful and friendly and we have already booked to return. Our taste-card is finding us new places to go that we may not have tried before. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicholas said: "Excellent
    Staying in Hampshire for a few days near Basingstoke. Four of us went for an evening meal. Had three meals from the main menu and one from the blackboard. All delicious and of ample portions. I can recommend the bread and butter pudding with the excellent custard. Good service, cleanliness and décor, ample parking. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Excellent
    Top class food
    Quiet relaxed atmosphere "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 10 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Judy said: "Excellent
    Took my daughters for a lunch time treat. The food was excellent as was the service. My girls can't wait to go again! "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sue said: "Lovely lunch
    Went to The Vine this week for a post birthday lunch with some girl friends and we had a really delightful meal. I hadn't been to the pub for a long time maybe 10 years. Not for any particular reason, just been going to places nearer home. I was very impressed with the service and the food. Pleasant staff, tasty well presented food and lovely surroundings. It certainly won't be another 10 years before I return! I will definitely be recommending to friends. :-) "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sandra said: "Sandra
    Really good proper food, freshly cooked. Nice atmosphere too. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ian said: "Good pub food
    We visit here quite often and are never disappointed. The owner and the staff are lovely and the food is great. Great value for money when using the taste card, well worth a visit. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Charlotte said: "Lovely place to eat...
    A lovely pub/restaurant combo with great home cooked food and desserts... Very friendly staff and atmosphere! We also went on a Friday where they had a quiz which would make a great evening for a group of friends. "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • I&L said: "Great food, good value
    We have visited the Vine many times and have always enjoyed the food. Staff are always pleasant and helpful and a lovely beer garden too. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mel said:
    " Good pub, food and atmosphere. Combines the needs of the occasional user and regulars with ease, comfortable and friendly. Will definitely be back, the sharing platter alone is worth it. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • " Very good "
    Posted 2 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Lovely Spring Meal
    Lovely food in the pub garden, little one enjoyed the playground and the food! "
    Posted 6 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jaha27 said:
    " Had a lovely meal, friendly and efficient service. Food hot and tasty. Would highly recommend. "
    Posted 7 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Lovely food, great atmosphere and service "
    Posted 10 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carol said: "Great Meal
    Everything was good, food & service. A traditional country pub with a good selection of beers. The sharing platter was particularly good. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Neil said:
    " Starters were very slow and soup was cold main courses all good service for a quite night not great. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Helen said: "Excellent food
    Steak was beautiful and so succulent. .service very good too. Great value. I have been twice now lunchtime and evening both good. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Excellent, such a great experience
    Goat cheese starter very nicely balanced with a great taste. Stake cooked to perfection, burger still very juicy and good taste. Fudge brownie was so rich and warm. Great staff and great food i loved the whole meal. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • THOMAS said: "Evening meal
    Excellent evening, food was very good and the pudding is to die for. Home made raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake!!! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said:
    " Been here couple times once as a large group and also as a couple food really good good service good location can't fault it "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • VIVIAN said: "Much better than I expected
    I had seen varying reviews of this pub and wasn't expecting too much. I have to say we were both pleasantly surprised. The friendly welcome and excellent service paired very nicely with the food and drink. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Charis said: "Relaxed experience with great service
    The staff were very friendly and attentive. Lovely to sit in the conservatory overlooking the garden. Pleased with the food, all home cooked, good portions and fabulous cheesecake. Will definitely go back. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kay said: "Excellent
    Really good food. Lovely garden with kids area. Staff really friendly. Have been twice with friends. Party of 4 and a party 8 and have saved £90.00. Excellent value for money. But food has always been great even when paying full price. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Emma said: "Yummy
    A really lovely meal, food was great. A good selection for both adults and children and a lovely location. Will definitely be back. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Lovely food. Nice relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Friendly staff. :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lesley said: "Friendly
    Always friendly, relaxing and great food "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Another Day And Another Great Meal
    Took my parents and dog and had a superb meal best pork belly I have had in years land lady was very welcoming a lively cosy place on a dark rainy night "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 22 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "great food and service
    We are fairly local and for some reason had not been before - that will change after a really good meal with friends. One even said it was the best fish and chips he had had. We chose differing things including game casserole with dumplings and no one was disappointed the staff were helpful and friendly and we have already booked to return. Our taste-card is finding us new places to go that we may not have tried before. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicholas said: "Excellent
    Staying in Hampshire for a few days near Basingstoke. Four of us went for an evening meal. Had three meals from the main menu and one from the blackboard. All delicious and of ample portions. I can recommend the bread and butter pudding with the excellent custard. Good service, cleanliness and décor, ample parking. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Excellent
    Top class food
    Quiet relaxed atmosphere "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 10 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Judy said: "Excellent
    Took my daughters for a lunch time treat. The food was excellent as was the service. My girls can't wait to go again! "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sue said: "Lovely lunch
    Went to The Vine this week for a post birthday lunch with some girl friends and we had a really delightful meal. I hadn't been to the pub for a long time maybe 10 years. Not for any particular reason, just been going to places nearer home. I was very impressed with the service and the food. Pleasant staff, tasty well presented food and lovely surroundings. It certainly won't be another 10 years before I return! I will definitely be recommending to friends. :-) "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sandra said: "Sandra
    Really good proper food, freshly cooked. Nice atmosphere too. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ian said: "Good pub food
    We visit here quite often and are never disappointed. The owner and the staff are lovely and the food is great. Great value for money when using the taste card, well worth a visit. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Charlotte said: "Lovely place to eat...
    A lovely pub/restaurant combo with great home cooked food and desserts... Very friendly staff and atmosphere! We also went on a Friday where they had a quiz which would make a great evening for a group of friends. "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • I&L said: "Great food, good value
    We have visited the Vine many times and have always enjoyed the food. Staff are always pleasant and helpful and a lovely beer garden too. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mel said:
    " Good pub, food and atmosphere. Combines the needs of the occasional user and regulars with ease, comfortable and friendly. Will definitely be back, the sharing platter alone is worth it. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall