tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Shapla Tandoori image

2 for 1 at Shapla Tandoori

A traditional tandoori restaurant in the famous coastal town of Whitstable, Shapla is a true favourite, serving authentic Indian cuisine in a pleasant, comfortable setting.

With extremely friendly and always accommodating service, it’s easy to see how the Shapla Tandoori has earned its local reputation as one of the finest Indian eateries in the area, and why it’s so consistently popular with both locals and visitors who visit this pretty Kent harbour town every year.

Dishes are freshly cooked to order in-house using perfect spice combinations that produce dishes with real Indian authenticity, while also appealing to the European palate.

View all reviews
Shapla Tandoori
Average member score
3.6 5
Diner rating
Excellent
2
Very good
1
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Max said
" Decent"
Read more
Simon said "Good food
Good good, but the service wasn't great not very friendly at all they didn't seem to..."
Read more
Ade said "Tasty
Good food but service was poor and little abrupt"
Read more
Steve said
" The food and service was good . Our evening was spoilt by the attitude of our waiter. He was very..."
Read more
Tina said "Fantastic food and lovely atmosphere
Shapla is a fantastic restaurant in a lovely part of the town. Ample parking close by too. I live..."
Read more
  • Max said:
    " Decent "
    Posted 11 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Simon said: "Good food
    Good good, but the service wasn't great not very friendly at all they didn't seem to care if you were there or not. Not pleasant sitting next to a man that was constantly swearing and not even being quiet about it. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ade said: "Tasty
    Good food but service was poor and little abrupt "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 17 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said:
    " The food and service was good . Our evening was spoilt by the attitude of our waiter. He was very abrupt and seemed as though he couldn't wait to get rid of us. For that reason we won't be going back as it created an unpleasant atmosphere. Certainly not what you want on an evening out. The tastecard only applies to you starter, main and desert. Not rice's, side orders or nan "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 28 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tina said: "Fantastic food and lovely atmosphere
    Shapla is a fantastic restaurant in a lovely part of the town. Ample parking close by too. I live locally and have visited Shapla many times, it has never been a disappointment.
    Food is fantastic, Service is great, and tastecard welcomed. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 19 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Max said:
    " Decent "
    Posted 11 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Simon said: "Good food
    Good good, but the service wasn't great not very friendly at all they didn't seem to care if you were there or not. Not pleasant sitting next to a man that was constantly swearing and not even being quiet about it. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ade said: "Tasty
    Good food but service was poor and little abrupt "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 17 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said:
    " The food and service was good . Our evening was spoilt by the attitude of our waiter. He was very abrupt and seemed as though he couldn't wait to get rid of us. For that reason we won't be going back as it created an unpleasant atmosphere. Certainly not what you want on an evening out. The tastecard only applies to you starter, main and desert. Not rice's, side orders or nan "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 28 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tina said: "Fantastic food and lovely atmosphere
    Shapla is a fantastic restaurant in a lovely part of the town. Ample parking close by too. I live locally and have visited Shapla many times, it has never been a disappointment.
    Food is fantastic, Service is great, and tastecard welcomed. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 19 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall