tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
Penn Tandoori image
Penn Tandoori image
Penn Tandoori image
Penn Tandoori image
Penn Tandoori image

2 for 1 at Penn Tandoori

Enjoy authentic Indian cuisine at its very best in the warm, friendly atmosphere of the West Midlands’ most luxurious restaurant, specialising in Tandoori, Curry dishes, Balti dishes and also European dishes.

Mr Ali and Mr Uddin began their journey in 1970 at The Grand Dilshad. Having made a name for themselves, the duo felt it was time to move out of the Inner city and open the first Indian restaurant in the suburbs of Penn and in 1990, Penn Tandoori was established.

The quality of the food and efficient service synonymous with the duo was imbedded into the foundations of Penn Tandoori and to this day, this is what Penn Tandoori is renowned for.

Made with fresh ingredients which are purchased every day, the mouth-watering dishes presented to each customer are expertly prepared by the master chefs, bursting with a combination of spices and aromas that no other can match.

In 2008, Penn Tandoori underwent a complete makeover to bring a fresh and modern look to fit in with changing tastes, whilst maintaining its warm friendly atmosphere. Along with the change in decor came the addition of a new member of management in the form of Jay; son and nephew of Mr Uddin and Mr Ali respectively. Jay’s fresh approach brought Penn Tandoori into the 21st Century.

Guests are invited to try Penn Tandoori for themselves. Enter as a welcomed guest, leave as family and friends.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on Bank Holidays or Celebration Days including Valentine’s Day, Mothering Sunday, Father’s Day etc. or during the month of December. Max 1 card per booking.

View all reviews
Penn Tandoori
Average member score
4.8 25
Diner rating
Excellent
22
Very good
2
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Julie said
" Great food. Very busy so book. Excellent service right down to helping to park in busy free car..."
Read more
MICHAEL said "Best Indian In Wolverhampton
it's my first time here and I will definitely be coming back !!!!!"
Read more
Gary said "Good food, great service!
Stopping locally with my bae, decided to see what restaurants were available on taste card. Saw..."
Read more
Julie said "Lovely Food Excellent Device
We were made very welcome and looked after very well. The food was served and presented well and..."
Read more
Adam said "Brilliant
To any one who likes or loves Indian food, whether you live in penn or any where in Wolverhampton..."
Read more
Jane said "Highly Recommended
Fabulous foid, lovely setting, friendly staff, highly recommended, will definately be visiting..."
Read more
Jane said "Highly Recommended
Fabulous food, lovely setting, staff very friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended will..."
Read more
Julie said "Omg
Amazing food, will come again soon"
Read more
Vic said
" Went with a friend. Food was excellent. Staff were friendly."
Read more
T said "Roses
I would highly recommend Penn Tandoori, the food and service was second to none- excellent. Read more
BC said
" Best curry in Wolverhampton as always"
Read more
" First time been to this restaurant. Main meal was good however the poppadoms and starter were..."
Read more
Thomas said "Excellent
Great food and great service. Thanks"
Read more
George said "Always our number one in Wolverhampton
The Penn Tandoori in Wolverhampton is always our number one choice. The food is excellent, staff..."
Read more
" Good food"
Read more
Gill said "Excellent
Went there last night 26/7/14 (6 of us) and had a really nice meal. Service was quick &..."
Read more
Nikie-Lee said "Great Food
Nice early evening meal for two. Great service and lovely food."
Read more
Gavin said "Really good food
Goo:-)d food good service:-)"
Read more
Andy said "Always Great
As ever great food, atmosphere and service :)"
Read more
Mark said
" Best chicken tikka masala in Britain excellent staff to"
Read more
Andy said "Fabulous Place with great food
Been eating here with family and friends, the food and service are outstanding."
Read more
Joanne said "Just the best.
Our local and very often visited restaurant. By far the best in the Wolverhampton area - if not..."
Read more
Tracy said "Love PT
Great food. Great staff. Clean, friendly. x"
Read more
Vanessa said
" Have visited many times. Always Excellent 5*"
Read more
Donna said
" Just love this restaurant the food is superb, the staff and service is excellent."
Read more
  • Julie said:
    " Great food. Very busy so book. Excellent service right down to helping to park in busy free car park at back. Will return. "
    Posted 1 month, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MICHAEL said: "Best Indian In Wolverhampton
    it's my first time here and I will definitely be coming back !!!!! "
    Posted 2 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gary said: "Good food, great service!
    Stopping locally with my bae, decided to see what restaurants were available on taste card. Saw this had good reviews so called up and staff were very friendly when booking our table.

    The restaurant looked very busy however the staff were friendly and very accommodating. Food was good although my main could have been hotter but everything else was perfect.

    Toward the end of our meal the owner came across to check our meal was ok -this was a lovely touch and made us feel valued.

    Definitely worth a visit, you won't leave hungry or disappointed. "
    Posted 3 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Julie said: "Lovely Food Excellent Device
    We were made very welcome and looked after very well. The food was served and presented well and very tasty. Will return again in the future. "
    Posted 3 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adam said: "Brilliant
    To any one who likes or loves Indian food, whether you live in penn or any where in Wolverhampton or even further definitely worth coming,
    The food was delicious on every time I've come, very reasonably priced and above and beyond when it comes to the service would highly recommend this place and will continue to use it in the future :) "
    Posted 3 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said: "Highly Recommended
    Fabulous foid, lovely setting, friendly staff, highly recommended, will definately be visiting again:-) "
    Posted 8 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said: "Highly Recommended
    Fabulous food, lovely setting, staff very friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended will definately visit again. :-) "
    Posted 8 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Julie said: "Omg
    Amazing food, will come again soon "
    Posted 9 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Vic said:
    " Went with a friend. Food was excellent. Staff were friendly. "
    Posted 9 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • T said: "Roses
    I would highly recommend Penn Tandoori, the food and service was second to none- excellent.
    To add to the service all the ladies got a rose which was very sweet.

    Also they do accept taste card and we got our full discount "
    Posted 10 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • BC said:
    " Best curry in Wolverhampton as always "
    Posted 11 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " First time been to this restaurant. Main meal was good however the poppadoms and starter were disappointing. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Thomas said: "Excellent
    Great food and great service. Thanks "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • George said: "Always our number one in Wolverhampton
    The Penn Tandoori in Wolverhampton is always our number one choice. The food is excellent, staff are friendly, and service is first class. The manager always makes a point after greeting us when we come. Female customers are invariably given a rose to take away with them, and all customers can have surplus food packed as a takeaway. Absolutely no problems using Tastecard. Definitely to be recommended. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Good food "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gill said: "Excellent
    Went there last night 26/7/14 (6 of us) and had a really nice meal. Service was quick & friendly. Will defiantly be going again, "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nikie-Lee said: "Great Food
    Nice early evening meal for two. Great service and lovely food. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gavin said: "Really good food
    Goo:-)d food good service:-) "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andy said: "Always Great
    As ever great food, atmosphere and service :) "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said:
    " Best chicken tikka masala in Britain excellent staff to "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andy said: "Fabulous Place with great food
    Been eating here with family and friends, the food and service are outstanding. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joanne said: "Just the best.
    Our local and very often visited restaurant. By far the best in the Wolverhampton area - if not further afield. Pay them a visit you will not be disappointed. Andy Nicholls "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tracy said: "Love PT
    Great food. Great staff. Clean, friendly. x "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Vanessa said:
    " Have visited many times. Always Excellent 5* "
    Posted 3 years, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Donna said:
    " Just love this restaurant the food is superb, the staff and service is excellent. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Julie said:
    " Great food. Very busy so book. Excellent service right down to helping to park in busy free car park at back. Will return. "
    Posted 1 month, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MICHAEL said: "Best Indian In Wolverhampton
    it's my first time here and I will definitely be coming back !!!!! "
    Posted 2 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gary said: "Good food, great service!
    Stopping locally with my bae, decided to see what restaurants were available on taste card. Saw this had good reviews so called up and staff were very friendly when booking our table.

    The restaurant looked very busy however the staff were friendly and very accommodating. Food was good although my main could have been hotter but everything else was perfect.

    Toward the end of our meal the owner came across to check our meal was ok -this was a lovely touch and made us feel valued.

    Definitely worth a visit, you won't leave hungry or disappointed. "
    Posted 3 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Julie said: "Lovely Food Excellent Device
    We were made very welcome and looked after very well. The food was served and presented well and very tasty. Will return again in the future. "
    Posted 3 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adam said: "Brilliant
    To any one who likes or loves Indian food, whether you live in penn or any where in Wolverhampton or even further definitely worth coming,
    The food was delicious on every time I've come, very reasonably priced and above and beyond when it comes to the service would highly recommend this place and will continue to use it in the future :) "
    Posted 3 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said: "Highly Recommended
    Fabulous foid, lovely setting, friendly staff, highly recommended, will definately be visiting again:-) "
    Posted 8 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said: "Highly Recommended
    Fabulous food, lovely setting, staff very friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended will definately visit again. :-) "
    Posted 8 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Julie said: "Omg
    Amazing food, will come again soon "
    Posted 9 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Vic said:
    " Went with a friend. Food was excellent. Staff were friendly. "
    Posted 9 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • T said: "Roses
    I would highly recommend Penn Tandoori, the food and service was second to none- excellent.
    To add to the service all the ladies got a rose which was very sweet.

    Also they do accept taste card and we got our full discount "
    Posted 10 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • BC said:
    " Best curry in Wolverhampton as always "
    Posted 11 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " First time been to this restaurant. Main meal was good however the poppadoms and starter were disappointing. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Thomas said: "Excellent
    Great food and great service. Thanks "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • George said: "Always our number one in Wolverhampton
    The Penn Tandoori in Wolverhampton is always our number one choice. The food is excellent, staff are friendly, and service is first class. The manager always makes a point after greeting us when we come. Female customers are invariably given a rose to take away with them, and all customers can have surplus food packed as a takeaway. Absolutely no problems using Tastecard. Definitely to be recommended. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Good food "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gill said: "Excellent
    Went there last night 26/7/14 (6 of us) and had a really nice meal. Service was quick & friendly. Will defiantly be going again, "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nikie-Lee said: "Great Food
    Nice early evening meal for two. Great service and lovely food. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gavin said: "Really good food
    Goo:-)d food good service:-) "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andy said: "Always Great
    As ever great food, atmosphere and service :) "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said:
    " Best chicken tikka masala in Britain excellent staff to "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andy said: "Fabulous Place with great food
    Been eating here with family and friends, the food and service are outstanding. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joanne said: "Just the best.
    Our local and very often visited restaurant. By far the best in the Wolverhampton area - if not further afield. Pay them a visit you will not be disappointed. Andy Nicholls "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tracy said: "Love PT
    Great food. Great staff. Clean, friendly. x "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Vanessa said:
    " Have visited many times. Always Excellent 5* "
    Posted 3 years, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Donna said:
    " Just love this restaurant the food is superb, the staff and service is excellent. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall