tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
SO! Bar and Eats - Ripon image
SO! Bar and Eats - Ripon image

2 for 1 at SO! Bar and Eats - Ripon

Located on Old Market Square, SO! Bar and Eats is a lovely venue that is a big hit with not only the local regulars, but also for people wanting to try somewhere new. Their high standards and brilliant reputation mean that all visitors are sure to come back time and time again.

Whether you are looking for a big group meal out, or just a meal for two, let SO! Bar and Eats be your first choice. The atmosphere here is always busy and bustling, but never over crowded, ensuring that all diners have a fantastic dining experience, whatever the occasion.

The staff are friendly and attentive, and pride themselves on giving the right amount of attention to each table, without being over bearing.

View all reviews
SO! Bar and Eats - Ripon
Average member score
4.8 17
Diner rating
Excellent
14
Very good
3
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
ANDREW said "So Bar
Exceptional food, generous portions. Fantastic staff highly recommend this establishment, if we..."
Read more
Catherine said "Superb
Excellent staff, superb food, great atmosphere. Will return .l"
Read more
Richard said
" Very generous portions. Excellent quality and presentation too. :-)"
Read more
Jackie said
" Good food ,taste and presentation spot on ,service excellent ,nice relaxed atmosphere"
Read more
Linz said "Great
Great food...just make sure you don't eat anything beforehand! Generous portions, great..."
Read more
Jackie said
" Lovely food ,good atmosphere & excellent service"
Read more
Claire said
" Lovely food, friendly staff."
Read more
Lindsey said "Decent Food And Great Service
Food was good and staff attentive and friendly. Really easy to use card."
Read more
Martyn said "Great Food.
Great food and service."
Read more
PIPO said "Great Food
Love the atmosphere too. It's become our local."
Read more
Martyn said "Excellent Food
We popped in for something for eat. The food was excellent, great value, fresh ingredients and..."
Read more
katie said "Fabulous service
We had a lovely lunch"
Read more
ian said "First class food and service
My friend and I called in here on a Sunday afternoon for a drink and were immediately taken by..."
Read more
Brian said
" Top quality food and service great selection real ales.
I had the rack of ribs full of..."
Read more
Richard said
" The SO! Bar in Ripon is a really nice place to visit. The inside has a good atmosphere with nice..."
Read more
Georgina said "So.....great!
We dined at So! Bar and eats - Ripon in November, a party of five for my Son's birthday. A..."
Read more
john said
" Finally somewhere in Ripon that takes taste so my wife and i don’t have to travel to Harrogate or..."
Read more
  • ANDREW said: "So Bar
    Exceptional food, generous portions. Fantastic staff highly recommend this establishment, if we are every here again we will DEFINITELY be returning ... "
    Posted 1 month, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Catherine said: "Superb
    Excellent staff, superb food, great atmosphere. Will return .l "
    Posted 3 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said:
    " Very generous portions. Excellent quality and presentation too. :-) "
    Posted 4 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jackie said:
    " Good food ,taste and presentation spot on ,service excellent ,nice relaxed atmosphere "
    Posted 5 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Linz said: "Great
    Great food...just make sure you don't eat anything beforehand! Generous portions, great quality and friendly staff. "
    Posted 7 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jackie said:
    " Lovely food ,good atmosphere & excellent service "
    Posted 7 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Claire said:
    " Lovely food, friendly staff. "
    Posted 10 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lindsey said: "Decent Food And Great Service
    Food was good and staff attentive and friendly. Really easy to use card. "
    Posted 10 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martyn said: "Great Food.
    Great food and service. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • PIPO said: "Great Food
    Love the atmosphere too. It's become our local. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martyn said: "Excellent Food
    We popped in for something for eat. The food was excellent, great value, fresh ingredients and imaginative options.
    The staff were very friendly and service was quick and efficient.
    Definately recommended. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • katie said: "Fabulous service
    We had a lovely lunch "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ian said: "First class food and service
    My friend and I called in here on a Sunday afternoon for a drink and were immediately taken by the wonderful relaxed vibe of the lace. After browsing the menu we made a reservation for that evening.
    The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful and are a real credit to the place.
    I ordered the lamb and my friend had the rib eye steak. Both were cooked to perfection and we both agreed it was the best we had had in a long while. On sending our service compliments to the chef, we were surprised and delighted to hear that the 17 year old sous chef was in charge of the kitchen that evening. Again an absolute credit to so! Bar and sure to go a long way in the business. All in all, a wonderful evening that we won't forget for a long time and for
    only £28 for two lovely meals and 4 pints of old Rosie, an absolute bargain too!
    Don't miss it! "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brian said:
    " Top quality food and service great selection real ales.
    I had the rack of ribs full of meat and not tasted better since eating them many years ago in the USA. My wife had Burritos which she also enjoyed. "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said:
    " The SO! Bar in Ripon is a really nice place to visit. The inside has a good atmosphere with nice decoration, and it seemed to have a separate bar and dining area.
    The menu is very extensive, and a little overwhelming. I found myself ignoring most of it and just picking from a small section.
    Service was very good, our waitress was attentive and friendly. Our food took a while to come, according to the menu it was because they make everything fresh which is believable so we didn't mind.
    The food was very good, we had two of their burgers. The chips were like McDonalds though, and nothing special. The portion sizes could be a bit bigger for what you would pay normally, however with the TC it was reasonable.
    Our bill came to £13.25 after TC for two people with two soft drinks which was good. We would return to try other dishes on the menu. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Georgina said: "So.....great!
    We dined at So! Bar and eats - Ripon in November, a party of five for my Son's birthday. A great local eatery. The menus was varied, the food was delicious and very well presented and we all enjoyed our meals. My husband and son are still talking about theirs. A great welcome and friendly service. And for me? A lovely relaxing, stylish decor! After our meal we went through to another part of the bar and had drinks. By then the bar had less people in and therefore had less atmosphere but it is new so come on people get down to So! in Ripon : ) A great evening all round. Planning to go again this weekend. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • john said:
    " Finally somewhere in Ripon that takes taste so my wife and i don’t have to travel to Harrogate or further anymore.

    Not only happy about them taking taste we were taken back at how much the old black bull had changed, it really looks fab.

    If i am honest i know it’s new but the whole experience was great, really relaxed and great atmosphere.

    The food was excellent could not fault it and with them accepting taste this is definitely going to be our favourite place in Ripon.

    Go, highly recommended. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • ANDREW said: "So Bar
    Exceptional food, generous portions. Fantastic staff highly recommend this establishment, if we are every here again we will DEFINITELY be returning ... "
    Posted 1 month, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Catherine said: "Superb
    Excellent staff, superb food, great atmosphere. Will return .l "
    Posted 3 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said:
    " Very generous portions. Excellent quality and presentation too. :-) "
    Posted 4 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jackie said:
    " Good food ,taste and presentation spot on ,service excellent ,nice relaxed atmosphere "
    Posted 5 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Linz said: "Great
    Great food...just make sure you don't eat anything beforehand! Generous portions, great quality and friendly staff. "
    Posted 7 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jackie said:
    " Lovely food ,good atmosphere & excellent service "
    Posted 7 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Claire said:
    " Lovely food, friendly staff. "
    Posted 10 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lindsey said: "Decent Food And Great Service
    Food was good and staff attentive and friendly. Really easy to use card. "
    Posted 10 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martyn said: "Great Food.
    Great food and service. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • PIPO said: "Great Food
    Love the atmosphere too. It's become our local. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martyn said: "Excellent Food
    We popped in for something for eat. The food was excellent, great value, fresh ingredients and imaginative options.
    The staff were very friendly and service was quick and efficient.
    Definately recommended. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • katie said: "Fabulous service
    We had a lovely lunch "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ian said: "First class food and service
    My friend and I called in here on a Sunday afternoon for a drink and were immediately taken by the wonderful relaxed vibe of the lace. After browsing the menu we made a reservation for that evening.
    The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful and are a real credit to the place.
    I ordered the lamb and my friend had the rib eye steak. Both were cooked to perfection and we both agreed it was the best we had had in a long while. On sending our service compliments to the chef, we were surprised and delighted to hear that the 17 year old sous chef was in charge of the kitchen that evening. Again an absolute credit to so! Bar and sure to go a long way in the business. All in all, a wonderful evening that we won't forget for a long time and for
    only £28 for two lovely meals and 4 pints of old Rosie, an absolute bargain too!
    Don't miss it! "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brian said:
    " Top quality food and service great selection real ales.
    I had the rack of ribs full of meat and not tasted better since eating them many years ago in the USA. My wife had Burritos which she also enjoyed. "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said:
    " The SO! Bar in Ripon is a really nice place to visit. The inside has a good atmosphere with nice decoration, and it seemed to have a separate bar and dining area.
    The menu is very extensive, and a little overwhelming. I found myself ignoring most of it and just picking from a small section.
    Service was very good, our waitress was attentive and friendly. Our food took a while to come, according to the menu it was because they make everything fresh which is believable so we didn't mind.
    The food was very good, we had two of their burgers. The chips were like McDonalds though, and nothing special. The portion sizes could be a bit bigger for what you would pay normally, however with the TC it was reasonable.
    Our bill came to £13.25 after TC for two people with two soft drinks which was good. We would return to try other dishes on the menu. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Georgina said: "So.....great!
    We dined at So! Bar and eats - Ripon in November, a party of five for my Son's birthday. A great local eatery. The menus was varied, the food was delicious and very well presented and we all enjoyed our meals. My husband and son are still talking about theirs. A great welcome and friendly service. And for me? A lovely relaxing, stylish decor! After our meal we went through to another part of the bar and had drinks. By then the bar had less people in and therefore had less atmosphere but it is new so come on people get down to So! in Ripon : ) A great evening all round. Planning to go again this weekend. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • john said:
    " Finally somewhere in Ripon that takes taste so my wife and i don’t have to travel to Harrogate or further anymore.

    Not only happy about them taking taste we were taken back at how much the old black bull had changed, it really looks fab.

    If i am honest i know it’s new but the whole experience was great, really relaxed and great atmosphere.

    The food was excellent could not fault it and with them accepting taste this is definitely going to be our favourite place in Ripon.

    Go, highly recommended. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall