tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Jags@119 image
Jags@119 image
Jags@119 image
Jags@119 image
Jags@119 image

2 for 1 at Jags@119

Jags@119 is an all American style restaurant, priding themselves on the fresh and locally sourced produce, they aim to deliver high quality food cooked to order each day.

Bringing the 1950′s into the 21st century, Jags themed decor allows customers to enjoy a traditional American meal in the presence of 50′s icons such as pin up girls, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis and many more!

The quirky menu adds a little difference to your meal, enjoy their succulent homemade burgers with a twist, such as the peanut butter and pineapple burger, or the Juicy Luicy burger (as seen on tv).

You’ll feel like you’re in the States with their thick milkshakes, bottomless soft drinks and generous portions… So why not book a table and try something new today!

Important Information

Please Note: Please book in advance and mention tastecard. Please show membership upon arrival at the venue to avoid disappointment.

View all reviews
Jags@119
Average member score
4.2 18
Diner rating
Excellent
13
Very good
1
Good
0
Average
2
Poor
2
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Liam said "Superb
Lovely staff, quality food. Very friendly welcoming staff and the food was top notch. Loads of..."
Read more
DAVID said "Truly Authentic American
A gem of a place and a must if you want a true American diner experience. The burgers are to die..."
Read more
D said
" Great food.
Generous portions.
2nd time round food if good."
Read more
Hollie said "Great food. Massive portions!
Been here multiple times now and i keep coming back. The waitress we always seem to have is..."
Read more
Sweetchics said "Don't bother....
Service was excellent, good enough atmosphere but food was terrible! Definitely not coming back..."
Read more
Aaron said "Worst Service EVER!
I have eaten in literally 1000s of restaurants in the UK and abroad (I'm a well-travelled..."
Read more
Dave said "Phenomenal
Best meal out I've had for a long time!!!"
Read more
Andrew said "Awful
Just awful, the room was way too hot. Nothing about the food was acceptable, the meat was fat,..."
Read more
Alison said "Great food
Great american dinner style food, warm welcome and fantastic service prawns starter lots of large..."
Read more
Jamie said "Good
Much better than the diner it replaced,food was really nice,fairly good service music was very..."
Read more
GRANT said "Took the girlfriend
First experience didn't disappoint service great and food really nice had the burger 6oz was..."
Read more
A said "Great food & $ervice
Excellent food carefully presented.:-) Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Would recommend. We..."
Read more
MARK said "Amazing food and atmosphere!!!
The food is excellent, the staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is fantastic. They just..."
Read more
Sharon said
" Love this place, everything is tasty and massive portions, just like America lol,"
Read more
Si said
" Great food, great service!"
Read more
Lisa said
" Excellent restaurant I would highly recommend to everyone who likes delicious burgers, steaks,..."
Read more
Neil said "Food that turns up is ok!
3rd time here, and once again the service is slow and not all the order showed up. Shame when all..."
Read more
Sofia said "Highly recommend!
Went here with a friend for the first time, it is a great place!

Fresh produce,..."
Read more
  • Liam said: "Superb
    Lovely staff, quality food. Very friendly welcoming staff and the food was top notch. Loads of cheese on the nachos, plenty of sauce on the wings and the burgers......yes!
    Will be back. "
    Posted 5 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DAVID said: "Truly Authentic American
    A gem of a place and a must if you want a true American diner experience. The burgers are to die for and when you add in great service, great surroundings and great music you know you're in for a first class dining experience. Top marks all round! "
    Posted 10 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • D said:
    " Great food.
    Generous portions.
    2nd time round food if good. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hollie said: "Great food. Massive portions!
    Been here multiple times now and i keep coming back. The waitress we always seem to have is lovely and polite, we always leave a tip. The food is great and comes out in massive portions making it good value for money. The choice on the menu is decent. Highly recommended. Taking my parents here this evening. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sweetchics said: "Don't bother....
    Service was excellent, good enough atmosphere but food was terrible! Definitely not coming back... "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Aaron said: "Worst Service EVER!
    I have eaten in literally 1000s of restaurants in the UK and abroad (I'm a well-travelled 32yo) and this, quite honestly, was the worst experience ever. This may sound like the tale of a busy restaurant but we were the only customers .... In between chatting up her boyfriend, the waitress found time to take our order but it somehow got lost; so after 55 minutes we had to give it again, as she had left with her bf by that point. When the food finally arrived after 1:25mins of being there, parts of the meal were cold. What should have been a quick bite to eat took an epic 2 hours and the best we got was an apology and some unsavoury onion rings knocked off the bill. No manager to speak to, no free drinks, no reasonable bill reduction. Had reasonable efforts been made by staff to assuage my fury by making things right, far enough, but the unfortunate waiter (who had only just come in duty) was the only person present to speak to and it was hardly his fault! I was so furious, I couldn't even bring myself to argue about the bill so just settled and left. The biggest waste of money ever on a sub-standard meal and appalling service in an empty restaurant. If I had the strength due to adequate nourishment, I would tell my friends or anyone else who might listen. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said: "Phenomenal
    Best meal out I've had for a long time!!! "
    Posted 2 years, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said: "Awful
    Just awful, the room was way too hot. Nothing about the food was acceptable, the meat was fat, the rest of the food was dripping in grease. No apology or discount was offered, we asked for a discount and was refused. While we were there we noticed a chef was running into a nearby supermarket, only when leaving did we realise it was for this restaurant which explained why there were many items not available from the menu. Overpriced and hideous. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 14 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alison said: "Great food
    Great american dinner style food, warm welcome and fantastic service prawns starter lots of large prawns, great burgers the blue cheese one is excellent. Would recommend a visit good place to take the kids. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jamie said: "Good
    Much better than the diner it replaced,food was really nice,fairly good service music was very full (should of been more upbeat) "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 20 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • GRANT said: "Took the girlfriend
    First experience didn't disappoint service great and food really nice had the burger 6oz was massive! Do not know how people manage the 12oz oh and try the mozzarella sticks they are a must! "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • A said: "Great food & $ervice
    Excellent food carefully presented.:-) Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Would recommend. We shall be back soon! Thanks :-) "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MARK said: "Amazing food and atmosphere!!!
    The food is excellent, the staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is fantastic. They just started doing live jazz on Sunday afternoons and Thursday nights. The duo is fantastic ..... I'd really recommend this joint.!!!!! "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sharon said:
    " Love this place, everything is tasty and massive portions, just like America lol, "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Si said:
    " Great food, great service! "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lisa said:
    " Excellent restaurant I would highly recommend to everyone who likes delicious burgers, steaks, pancakes and much more... "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Neil said: "Food that turns up is ok!
    3rd time here, and once again the service is slow and not all the order showed up. Shame when all that was ordered was a breakfast, and pancakes with maple syrup... It was the syrup that never made an appearance. "
    Posted 3 years, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sofia said: "Highly recommend!
    Went here with a friend for the first time, it is a great place!

    Fresh produce, large portions, good atmosphere, great music - and best of all, great value for money.

    Would recommend to anyone in the Portsmouth area. "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Liam said: "Superb
    Lovely staff, quality food. Very friendly welcoming staff and the food was top notch. Loads of cheese on the nachos, plenty of sauce on the wings and the burgers......yes!
    Will be back. "
    Posted 5 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DAVID said: "Truly Authentic American
    A gem of a place and a must if you want a true American diner experience. The burgers are to die for and when you add in great service, great surroundings and great music you know you're in for a first class dining experience. Top marks all round! "
    Posted 10 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • D said:
    " Great food.
    Generous portions.
    2nd time round food if good. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hollie said: "Great food. Massive portions!
    Been here multiple times now and i keep coming back. The waitress we always seem to have is lovely and polite, we always leave a tip. The food is great and comes out in massive portions making it good value for money. The choice on the menu is decent. Highly recommended. Taking my parents here this evening. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sweetchics said: "Don't bother....
    Service was excellent, good enough atmosphere but food was terrible! Definitely not coming back... "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Aaron said: "Worst Service EVER!
    I have eaten in literally 1000s of restaurants in the UK and abroad (I'm a well-travelled 32yo) and this, quite honestly, was the worst experience ever. This may sound like the tale of a busy restaurant but we were the only customers .... In between chatting up her boyfriend, the waitress found time to take our order but it somehow got lost; so after 55 minutes we had to give it again, as she had left with her bf by that point. When the food finally arrived after 1:25mins of being there, parts of the meal were cold. What should have been a quick bite to eat took an epic 2 hours and the best we got was an apology and some unsavoury onion rings knocked off the bill. No manager to speak to, no free drinks, no reasonable bill reduction. Had reasonable efforts been made by staff to assuage my fury by making things right, far enough, but the unfortunate waiter (who had only just come in duty) was the only person present to speak to and it was hardly his fault! I was so furious, I couldn't even bring myself to argue about the bill so just settled and left. The biggest waste of money ever on a sub-standard meal and appalling service in an empty restaurant. If I had the strength due to adequate nourishment, I would tell my friends or anyone else who might listen. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said: "Phenomenal
    Best meal out I've had for a long time!!! "
    Posted 2 years, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said: "Awful
    Just awful, the room was way too hot. Nothing about the food was acceptable, the meat was fat, the rest of the food was dripping in grease. No apology or discount was offered, we asked for a discount and was refused. While we were there we noticed a chef was running into a nearby supermarket, only when leaving did we realise it was for this restaurant which explained why there were many items not available from the menu. Overpriced and hideous. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 14 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alison said: "Great food
    Great american dinner style food, warm welcome and fantastic service prawns starter lots of large prawns, great burgers the blue cheese one is excellent. Would recommend a visit good place to take the kids. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jamie said: "Good
    Much better than the diner it replaced,food was really nice,fairly good service music was very full (should of been more upbeat) "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 20 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • GRANT said: "Took the girlfriend
    First experience didn't disappoint service great and food really nice had the burger 6oz was massive! Do not know how people manage the 12oz oh and try the mozzarella sticks they are a must! "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • A said: "Great food & $ervice
    Excellent food carefully presented.:-) Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Would recommend. We shall be back soon! Thanks :-) "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MARK said: "Amazing food and atmosphere!!!
    The food is excellent, the staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is fantastic. They just started doing live jazz on Sunday afternoons and Thursday nights. The duo is fantastic ..... I'd really recommend this joint.!!!!! "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sharon said:
    " Love this place, everything is tasty and massive portions, just like America lol, "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Si said:
    " Great food, great service! "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lisa said:
    " Excellent restaurant I would highly recommend to everyone who likes delicious burgers, steaks, pancakes and much more... "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Neil said: "Food that turns up is ok!
    3rd time here, and once again the service is slow and not all the order showed up. Shame when all that was ordered was a breakfast, and pancakes with maple syrup... It was the syrup that never made an appearance. "
    Posted 3 years, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sofia said: "Highly recommend!
    Went here with a friend for the first time, it is a great place!

    Fresh produce, large portions, good atmosphere, great music - and best of all, great value for money.

    Would recommend to anyone in the Portsmouth area. "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall