tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
The Hayward Restaurant @ The Lion Hotel image
The Hayward Restaurant @ The Lion Hotel image
The Hayward Restaurant @ The Lion Hotel image
The Hayward Restaurant @ The Lion Hotel image
The Hayward Restaurant @ The Lion Hotel image

2 for 1 at The Hayward Restaurant @ The Lion Hotel

Beautifully located in the picturesque town of Shrewsbury in Shropshire, The Lion Hotel is a fabulous venue that never fails to deliver. With classic 16th Century architecture and warm, inviting décor, this is the ideal spot for those who enjoy great British food cooked to perfection.

The delicious menu is filled with many classic dishes, using fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Whether you are looking for a tender meat dish, or some well-seasoned seafood, it will be on offer here at The Hayward Restaurant.

Important Information

Please note: The Hayward restaurant is closed on Mondays. The tastecard discount is not available on Bank Holidays or Celebration Days. These include New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day, Mothering Sunday and Father’s Day etc.

View all reviews
The Hayward Restaurant @ The Lion Hotel
Average member score
5.0 4
Diner rating
Excellent
4
Very good
0
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Robin said
" Fab meal. Great service. Lovely company. Wonderful experience!"
Read more
Patricia said "Lovely
Visited the Lion hotel today, with my daughter and her boyfriend, the service was very good, the..."
Read more
Edward said "Excellent
Not many people at table at 8pm in late May but ambience, service and cuisine lovely."
Read more
DAVID said "Great Bar menu
My wife and I went to the Lion hotel on Sunday 17 May, I had the pie of the day which happened to..."
Read more
  • Robin said:
    " Fab meal. Great service. Lovely company. Wonderful experience! "
    Posted 8 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Patricia said: "Lovely
    Visited the Lion hotel today, with my daughter and her boyfriend, the service was very good, the food portions were large, but very nice. Would visit again and recommend others too "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 22 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Edward said: "Excellent
    Not many people at table at 8pm in late May but ambience, service and cuisine lovely. "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 4 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DAVID said: "Great Bar menu
    My wife and I went to the Lion hotel on Sunday 17 May, I had the pie of the day which happened to be my favourite "Steak and ale" which was served with mash and peas I ate every scrap, it was delicious.
    My wife had Cod and chips which was all nicely cooked.
    Would I eat there again...... I ALREADY HAVE.
    Give it a try. "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 9 days ago...
    6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Robin said:
    " Fab meal. Great service. Lovely company. Wonderful experience! "
    Posted 8 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Patricia said: "Lovely
    Visited the Lion hotel today, with my daughter and her boyfriend, the service was very good, the food portions were large, but very nice. Would visit again and recommend others too "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 22 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Edward said: "Excellent
    Not many people at table at 8pm in late May but ambience, service and cuisine lovely. "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 4 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DAVID said: "Great Bar menu
    My wife and I went to the Lion hotel on Sunday 17 May, I had the pie of the day which happened to be my favourite "Steak and ale" which was served with mash and peas I ate every scrap, it was delicious.
    My wife had Cod and chips which was all nicely cooked.
    Would I eat there again...... I ALREADY HAVE.
    Give it a try. "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 9 days ago...
    6 out of 6 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall