tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Convivio Bar & Restaurant image
Convivio Bar & Restaurant image
Convivio Bar & Restaurant image
Convivio Bar & Restaurant image
Convivio Bar & Restaurant image

50% off at Convivio Bar & Restaurant

Enjoy a taste of elegance when you visit Convivo, situated on Grosvenor Street, Chester. The owner works alongside his dedicated staff to ensure that this Italian eatery is always providing high quality service.

Each dish is true to rustic Italy, and the Italian chefs use traditional cooking techniques and recipes to ensure 100% freshness.

In the summer months, dine Al Fresco on the stunning south facing piazza.

Don’t just take our word for it, book now for an evening to remember.

Important Information

Please Note: the tastecard discount cannot be used at weekends as the a la carte menu is not served at this time.

View all reviews
Convivio Bar & Restaurant
Average member score
3.7 18
Diner rating
Excellent
10
Very good
2
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
5
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Mike said "Wonderful
Excellent food, great service... We just love the place. This has become a regular night out for..."
Read more
Mike said "Great Night
Just love this place, third time back, food fantastic, and lovely company..!"
Read more
Mike said "New Car
My partner has a new car so we were out to celebrate, second time we have been. Top draw food,..."
Read more
Mike said "Excellent
My partner and I checked out the restaurant on an evening out and we thought the menu was great,..."
Read more
Rachel said "Great resaurant
I dined at Convivio last night with two of my friends and we were very impressed with the food..."
Read more
"So Bad....
The venue is nice, easy to use taste card, in fact they didn't even ask to see it. Food..."
Read more
David said "Great food and great service
Great food. Really easy to use the tastecard. What more do you want."
Read more
Mature said "Foo drastic
We dined at Convivio on Wednesday night. My wife had the seafood risotto and I had the chicken in..."
Read more
Gillian said "Good food, Poor service
I will give this place 1 star as the food was good and the place was nice! But after that it..."
Read more
Gillian said "Good food, Poor service
I will give this place 1 star as the food was good and the place was nice! But after that it..."
Read more
Kerry said "Great Food Great Time Had
Good was excellent and really good value for money. Will deffinatly be back again."
Read more
Mal said "Worth A Visit
Very good food. Excellent service what more do I need to say Go try !!!"
Read more
Barbara said "Very Disappointing
Hard to know where to start. We had huge expectations. On the positive side - beautiful building!..."
Read more
Jack said
" Great food but poor service"
Read more
Tracy said
" Fantastic food was perfect and wine even better. Used the tastecard and will 100% be going back..."
Read more
Chris said
" Food was excellent, all the waiting staff were very attentive giving very good service and when..."
Read more
Kay said "Disappointing
The venue looks very nice but the food in my opinion was overpriced for what was served. I..."
Read more
Anthony said "Great food.
Decided to try this place as I was in Chester after a day trip. As it had just joined Tastecard,..."
Read more
  • Mike said: "Wonderful
    Excellent food, great service... We just love the place. This has become a regular night out for the two of us.
    I cannot praise the place enough; definitely worth a visit! "
    Posted 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said: "Great Night
    Just love this place, third time back, food fantastic, and lovely company..! "
    Posted 1 month, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said: "New Car
    My partner has a new car so we were out to celebrate, second time we have been. Top draw food, great service, we even got to use the taste card on a Sunday when it says it's not available! We will definitely be back..!! "
    Posted 3 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said: "Excellent
    My partner and I checked out the restaurant on an evening out and we thought the menu was great, so we booked tonight. We were met at the door with great service, a lovely environment, lovely and clean; we were pampered! However,all the servers, even the owner had a joke with us, when the various entries and starters came, wow, fantastic food, absolutely delicious, well worth a visit and will certainly return.! "
    Posted 4 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rachel said: "Great resaurant
    I dined at Convivio last night with two of my friends and we were very impressed with the food and service. Polite friendly staff, efficient service and good food. Used the tastecard with ease. I would definitely return "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "So Bad....
    The venue is nice, easy to use taste card, in fact they didn't even ask to see it. Food though was very poor, appetiser came 60 seconds before the starter. Carpaccio of beef was sinewy and not flavoursome, calzone pizza was not cooked (the management accepted this with good grace and took it off the bill) and the dessert was not as good as TESCO (and I don't particularly like TESCO). Amazed by some of the other reviews, perhaps there are different chefs?? Would not recommend, even with 50% off, unpleasant food is still unpleasant. Try this one at your peril. I know it's a chain, but I think Prezzo is actually better food. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Great food and great service
    Great food. Really easy to use the tastecard. What more do you want. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mature said: "Foo drastic
    We dined at Convivio on Wednesday night. My wife had the seafood risotto and I had the chicken in champagne sauce followed by a selection of Italian desserts. They were so good we went back the following evening eating the chicken stroganoff with a chocolate calzone dessert. All excellent and recommendable. The waiters were friendly, attentive and good fun. Eugeneo even arranged a candle on the dessert and sang happy birthday to my wife. When in Chester we will visit Convivio again. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gillian said: "Good food, Poor service
    I will give this place 1 star as the food was good and the place was nice! But after that it ends! Dirty cutlery and Poor service. We ordered the house red wine at £19.95 which was Disgusting! Waited 15 minutes for our starter to arrive , then 30 minutes for our main course. When I enquired the manager had an arrogant attitude! I feel we were treated differently because we were Tastcard Customers. Won't be returning or recommending "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gillian said: "Good food, Poor service
    I will give this place 1 star as the food was good and the place was nice! But after that it ends! Dirty cutlery and Poor service. We ordered the house red wine at £19.95 which was Disgusting! Waited 15 minutes for our starter to arrive , then 30 minutes for our main course. When I enquired the manager had an arrogant attitude! I feel we were treated differently because we were Tastcard Customers. Won't be returning or recommending "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kerry said: "Great Food Great Time Had
    Good was excellent and really good value for money. Will deffinatly be back again. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mal said: "Worth A Visit
    Very good food. Excellent service what more do I need to say Go try !!! "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Barbara said: "Very Disappointing
    Hard to know where to start. We had huge expectations. On the positive side - beautiful building! However, waiters didn't have a clue about the menu. Neither did the kitchen staff!!! My main course was really good but my husband's spag ragu was far too salty. No-one asked us if we were enjoying the food n the plates were cleared without any sort of inter-action. Overall, a disappointing, over-priced meal. If I was cynical, I might think this treatment was reserved for Tastecard holders. But.... surely not! "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 27 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jack said:
    " Great food but poor service "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tracy said:
    " Fantastic food was perfect and wine even better. Used the tastecard and will 100% be going back for more ! "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chris said:
    " Food was excellent, all the waiting staff were very attentive giving very good service and when we enquired about how our steak was cooked Enzo the chef was only too happy to oblige "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kay said: "Disappointing
    The venue looks very nice but the food in my opinion was overpriced for what was served. I ordered fish and the portion size of salmon was tiny especially for the £18- £19 price, it was cooked ok but it was really nothing special. Vegetables were not included in that price so I ordered additional side portions of sautéed potatoes and also a portion of seasonal veg (chopped cabbage and a few julienne carrots). The staff were ok but slightly patronising when they suggested we tasted the food first before considering adding any additional seasoning! I thanked him for his kind words of advice but mentioned that I thought that actually was pretty obvious. Sadly I would not recommend this resturant even with the discount card. "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anthony said: "Great food.
    Decided to try this place as I was in Chester after a day trip. As it had just joined Tastecard, I thought it was a good excuse to try it out.

    I also wanted to try their calzone pizzas.

    When we walked in we were shown to our table and served straight away.

    Once the food came, we were really happy as the servings were not small at all. I had the vegetarian calzone and can say it was one one of the nicest I have ever had. My firend had a very generous lamb shank and said it was very nice.

    Because of the tasecard we splurged on dessert and we got some very nice gelato ice cream.

    With the decor you would think it would be more expensive but it isn't and with the tastecard it is even better. Would definitely recommend. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 28 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Mike said: "Wonderful
    Excellent food, great service... We just love the place. This has become a regular night out for the two of us.
    I cannot praise the place enough; definitely worth a visit! "
    Posted 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said: "Great Night
    Just love this place, third time back, food fantastic, and lovely company..! "
    Posted 1 month, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said: "New Car
    My partner has a new car so we were out to celebrate, second time we have been. Top draw food, great service, we even got to use the taste card on a Sunday when it says it's not available! We will definitely be back..!! "
    Posted 3 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said: "Excellent
    My partner and I checked out the restaurant on an evening out and we thought the menu was great, so we booked tonight. We were met at the door with great service, a lovely environment, lovely and clean; we were pampered! However,all the servers, even the owner had a joke with us, when the various entries and starters came, wow, fantastic food, absolutely delicious, well worth a visit and will certainly return.! "
    Posted 4 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rachel said: "Great resaurant
    I dined at Convivio last night with two of my friends and we were very impressed with the food and service. Polite friendly staff, efficient service and good food. Used the tastecard with ease. I would definitely return "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "So Bad....
    The venue is nice, easy to use taste card, in fact they didn't even ask to see it. Food though was very poor, appetiser came 60 seconds before the starter. Carpaccio of beef was sinewy and not flavoursome, calzone pizza was not cooked (the management accepted this with good grace and took it off the bill) and the dessert was not as good as TESCO (and I don't particularly like TESCO). Amazed by some of the other reviews, perhaps there are different chefs?? Would not recommend, even with 50% off, unpleasant food is still unpleasant. Try this one at your peril. I know it's a chain, but I think Prezzo is actually better food. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Great food and great service
    Great food. Really easy to use the tastecard. What more do you want. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mature said: "Foo drastic
    We dined at Convivio on Wednesday night. My wife had the seafood risotto and I had the chicken in champagne sauce followed by a selection of Italian desserts. They were so good we went back the following evening eating the chicken stroganoff with a chocolate calzone dessert. All excellent and recommendable. The waiters were friendly, attentive and good fun. Eugeneo even arranged a candle on the dessert and sang happy birthday to my wife. When in Chester we will visit Convivio again. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gillian said: "Good food, Poor service
    I will give this place 1 star as the food was good and the place was nice! But after that it ends! Dirty cutlery and Poor service. We ordered the house red wine at £19.95 which was Disgusting! Waited 15 minutes for our starter to arrive , then 30 minutes for our main course. When I enquired the manager had an arrogant attitude! I feel we were treated differently because we were Tastcard Customers. Won't be returning or recommending "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gillian said: "Good food, Poor service
    I will give this place 1 star as the food was good and the place was nice! But after that it ends! Dirty cutlery and Poor service. We ordered the house red wine at £19.95 which was Disgusting! Waited 15 minutes for our starter to arrive , then 30 minutes for our main course. When I enquired the manager had an arrogant attitude! I feel we were treated differently because we were Tastcard Customers. Won't be returning or recommending "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kerry said: "Great Food Great Time Had
    Good was excellent and really good value for money. Will deffinatly be back again. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mal said: "Worth A Visit
    Very good food. Excellent service what more do I need to say Go try !!! "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Barbara said: "Very Disappointing
    Hard to know where to start. We had huge expectations. On the positive side - beautiful building! However, waiters didn't have a clue about the menu. Neither did the kitchen staff!!! My main course was really good but my husband's spag ragu was far too salty. No-one asked us if we were enjoying the food n the plates were cleared without any sort of inter-action. Overall, a disappointing, over-priced meal. If I was cynical, I might think this treatment was reserved for Tastecard holders. But.... surely not! "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 27 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jack said:
    " Great food but poor service "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tracy said:
    " Fantastic food was perfect and wine even better. Used the tastecard and will 100% be going back for more ! "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chris said:
    " Food was excellent, all the waiting staff were very attentive giving very good service and when we enquired about how our steak was cooked Enzo the chef was only too happy to oblige "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kay said: "Disappointing
    The venue looks very nice but the food in my opinion was overpriced for what was served. I ordered fish and the portion size of salmon was tiny especially for the £18- £19 price, it was cooked ok but it was really nothing special. Vegetables were not included in that price so I ordered additional side portions of sautéed potatoes and also a portion of seasonal veg (chopped cabbage and a few julienne carrots). The staff were ok but slightly patronising when they suggested we tasted the food first before considering adding any additional seasoning! I thanked him for his kind words of advice but mentioned that I thought that actually was pretty obvious. Sadly I would not recommend this resturant even with the discount card. "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anthony said: "Great food.
    Decided to try this place as I was in Chester after a day trip. As it had just joined Tastecard, I thought it was a good excuse to try it out.

    I also wanted to try their calzone pizzas.

    When we walked in we were shown to our table and served straight away.

    Once the food came, we were really happy as the servings were not small at all. I had the vegetarian calzone and can say it was one one of the nicest I have ever had. My firend had a very generous lamb shank and said it was very nice.

    Because of the tasecard we splurged on dessert and we got some very nice gelato ice cream.

    With the decor you would think it would be more expensive but it isn't and with the tastecard it is even better. Would definitely recommend. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 28 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall