tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
Bait Fish & Grill Restaurant image

2 for 1 at Bait Fish & Grill Restaurant

Bait Fish & Grill Restaurant are proud to announce their new opening, in the summer of 2013 Bait will become the newest restaurant to the Princes Avenue area of Hull. Concentrating in the fruits of their waters, Bait aims to showcase local produce, providing a seasonal quality al la carte menu at a value and a inclusive wine list.

Bait Fish & Grill Restaurant believe in fresh local produce, attention to detail and friendly knowledgeable staff.

They look forward to the coming years of business and are committed to achieving high standards of food and service.

Important Information

Please Note: Only one tastecard per booking will be accepted and tables will not be split to accommodate more tastecards. The tastecard discount is available on the a la carte menu only - the specials' board is not included in the offer. The tastecard discount is not available on Celebration Days including Valentine's Day, Mothering Sunday, Father's Day etc. or during the month of December.

View all reviews
Bait Fish & Grill Restaurant
Average member score
5.0 26
Diner rating
Excellent
25
Very good
1
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Sharon said "This was from visit 7.2.16 forgot to put on
Brilliant. 21st for Niece and also mam's birthday. As always staff couldn't do more."
Read more
Jonathan said "Fish and chips
We went here the other day on our virgin tastecard experience and was more than happy with both..."
Read more
DAVID said
" Just love this place .....excellent quality food !"
Read more
Kim said "Favourite Seafood Restaurant In Hull
Hubby and I went here a couple of times, and each time we were surprised that the restaurant was..."
Read more
Nicola said
" First time here, delicious. Lovely staff & some really nice choices on menu- would recommend..."
Read more
Lynda said "Bait n grill
It was our first time hera,there wasn't anyone which I did think I hope it's going to..."
Read more
Heptonstall94 said
" Really good food, excellent service, would definitely return!"
Read more
Amy said "Lovely Restaurant
Not many restaurants in hull that I can say I feel serve genuine, tasteful food. But bait just..."
Read more
GRAEME said
" Great food and everything else was spot on"
Read more
Malcolm said "Very Good
Had a lovely meal around teatime very quiet but nice atmosphere
Service top notch and menu..."
Read more
Mags said
" Food excellent good service definitely worth a visit"
Read more
J said
" Richard was our host tonight . Brilliant when booking and very welcoming on arrival. Answered all..."
Read more
B said "Fishy Delight!
Took my daughter and husband today and all I can say is WOW!
Food is amazing, service is..."
Read more
Lindsay said
" Excellent as always"
Read more
Louise said "Lovely Food :)
Lovely atmosphere and staff very friendly ! Food was lovely and portions very large , we both..."
Read more
Dave said "Birthday meal
Excellent as usual."
Read more
Dave said "Perfect
What a fantastic three course meal.The portion sizes were just right.The staff were very friendly..."
Read more
cath said "best fish and chips, ever
We've been to this restaurant twice now and on each occasion the food has been of the very..."
Read more
Dave said "First visit
Will be back very soon..everything was perfect.thankyou."
Read more
Sharon said "Gorgeous
Been wanting to try this restaurant out for ages and wasnt dissappointed. Savoured every..."
Read more
Essex said "Spot On
Great food"
Read more
Lindsay said
" Very tasty and enjoyable meal, will be back"
Read more
Priyanka said "Wonderful Meal
Brilliant in every way. Will go again"
Read more
Dan said "Fantastic
Unbelievably on a Wednesday night we tried several restaurants and we're unable to get in so..."
Read more
Kanshaa said "Lovely Experience!
Ambience was lovely! And the food was grand and extremely satisfying (: Would happily visit again!"
Read more
Robert said "Top notch
Atmosphere was good for a Wednesday night, presentation very good, and the food was excellent...."
Read more
  • Sharon said: "This was from visit 7.2.16 forgot to put on
    Brilliant. 21st for Niece and also mam's birthday. As always staff couldn't do more. "
    Posted 1 month, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jonathan said: "Fish and chips
    We went here the other day on our virgin tastecard experience and was more than happy with both the service and food. Attentive waitress and yummy food is a winner with us. The fish was so fresh and crispy and the chips home made in a chip basket and the food served on a chopping board. The mushy peas were also home made and really nice and minty. We also had a dessert each and they were small but just enough as the main really filled you up. Well worth a trip to princes avenue for this. Parking is the only thing that is awkward but we cheekily parked in the pub across the road. You will not be disappointed if you visit. We went early (6pm) so had the place to ourselves which was lovely but as we finished it was filling up so make sure you book early to ensure a table at the time you need. £19 for main and pud so great value when 2-4-1 for sure "
    Posted 2 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DAVID said:
    " Just love this place .....excellent quality food ! "
    Posted 2 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kim said: "Favourite Seafood Restaurant In Hull
    Hubby and I went here a couple of times, and each time we were surprised that the restaurant was not that busy. Cozy atmosphere, friendly service, and excellent quality seafood. Hubby claims they make the best mussels in white wine sauce. Would recommend a visit. "
    Posted 2 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicola said:
    " First time here, delicious. Lovely staff & some really nice choices on menu- would recommend & will be back. "
    Posted 3 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lynda said: "Bait n grill
    It was our first time hera,there wasn't anyone which I did think I hope it's going to be nice. Service was lovely n food was delicious would definatly recommend and come again. "
    Posted 7 months ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Heptonstall94 said:
    " Really good food, excellent service, would definitely return! "
    Posted 7 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Amy said: "Lovely Restaurant
    Not many restaurants in hull that I can say I feel serve genuine, tasteful food. But bait just exceeds them all! Really impressed, thanks for a wonderful meal "
    Posted 7 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • GRAEME said:
    " Great food and everything else was spot on "
    Posted 7 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Malcolm said: "Very Good
    Had a lovely meal around teatime very quiet but nice atmosphere
    Service top notch and menu was very varied "
    Posted 8 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mags said:
    " Food excellent good service definitely worth a visit "
    Posted 9 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • J said:
    " Richard was our host tonight . Brilliant when booking and very welcoming on arrival. Answered all our questions cheerily about menu and use of taste card. Food delicious. "
    Posted 9 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • B said: "Fishy Delight!
    Took my daughter and husband today and all I can say is WOW!
    Food is amazing, service is attentive and friendly. Atmosphere was chic and relaxed.

    Definitely worth a visit. "
    Posted 9 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lindsay said:
    " Excellent as always "
    Posted 10 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Louise said: "Lovely Food :)
    Lovely atmosphere and staff very friendly ! Food was lovely and portions very large , we both ordered the beer battered fish and chips which was very tasty . Will be visiting again in the future . "
    Posted 10 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said: "Birthday meal
    Excellent as usual. "
    Posted 11 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said: "Perfect
    What a fantastic three course meal.The portion sizes were just right.The staff were very friendly and very efficiant.Value for money was outstanding.We will be visiting a lot more times to sample the fantastic food.Thanx Bait fish restaurant. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • cath said: "best fish and chips, ever
    We've been to this restaurant twice now and on each occasion the food has been of the very highest quality. the haddock and hips was simply the best fish and chips i have every had, anywhere, and I've had a fair few over the years.
    the portion size is very generous but we still managed to squeeze in a dessert which was again very tasty and enjoyable. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said: "First visit
    Will be back very soon..everything was perfect.thankyou. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sharon said: "Gorgeous
    Been wanting to try this restaurant out for ages and wasnt dissappointed. Savoured every mouthful. Choices all very different to other menus seen.Will certainly be back. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Essex said: "Spot On
    Great food "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lindsay said:
    " Very tasty and enjoyable meal, will be back "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Priyanka said: "Wonderful Meal
    Brilliant in every way. Will go again "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dan said: "Fantastic
    Unbelievably on a Wednesday night we tried several restaurants and we're unable to get in so decided to give this a whirl.
    All I can say is this is the first restaurant review I have felt the need to write about.
    Brilliant service amazing food. Was expecting pub grub but this is a very nice restaurant experience.
    If your a taste card user be quick I'm told they may not offer this for long! I know I will be back "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kanshaa said: "Lovely Experience!
    Ambience was lovely! And the food was grand and extremely satisfying (: Would happily visit again! "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 15 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Robert said: "Top notch
    Atmosphere was good for a Wednesday night, presentation very good, and the food was excellent. Great value with Tastecard. Will definitely return. "
    Posted 2 years, 23 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Sharon said: "This was from visit 7.2.16 forgot to put on
    Brilliant. 21st for Niece and also mam's birthday. As always staff couldn't do more. "
    Posted 1 month, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jonathan said: "Fish and chips
    We went here the other day on our virgin tastecard experience and was more than happy with both the service and food. Attentive waitress and yummy food is a winner with us. The fish was so fresh and crispy and the chips home made in a chip basket and the food served on a chopping board. The mushy peas were also home made and really nice and minty. We also had a dessert each and they were small but just enough as the main really filled you up. Well worth a trip to princes avenue for this. Parking is the only thing that is awkward but we cheekily parked in the pub across the road. You will not be disappointed if you visit. We went early (6pm) so had the place to ourselves which was lovely but as we finished it was filling up so make sure you book early to ensure a table at the time you need. £19 for main and pud so great value when 2-4-1 for sure "
    Posted 2 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DAVID said:
    " Just love this place .....excellent quality food ! "
    Posted 2 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kim said: "Favourite Seafood Restaurant In Hull
    Hubby and I went here a couple of times, and each time we were surprised that the restaurant was not that busy. Cozy atmosphere, friendly service, and excellent quality seafood. Hubby claims they make the best mussels in white wine sauce. Would recommend a visit. "
    Posted 2 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicola said:
    " First time here, delicious. Lovely staff & some really nice choices on menu- would recommend & will be back. "
    Posted 3 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lynda said: "Bait n grill
    It was our first time hera,there wasn't anyone which I did think I hope it's going to be nice. Service was lovely n food was delicious would definatly recommend and come again. "
    Posted 7 months ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Heptonstall94 said:
    " Really good food, excellent service, would definitely return! "
    Posted 7 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Amy said: "Lovely Restaurant
    Not many restaurants in hull that I can say I feel serve genuine, tasteful food. But bait just exceeds them all! Really impressed, thanks for a wonderful meal "
    Posted 7 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • GRAEME said:
    " Great food and everything else was spot on "
    Posted 7 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Malcolm said: "Very Good
    Had a lovely meal around teatime very quiet but nice atmosphere
    Service top notch and menu was very varied "
    Posted 8 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mags said:
    " Food excellent good service definitely worth a visit "
    Posted 9 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • J said:
    " Richard was our host tonight . Brilliant when booking and very welcoming on arrival. Answered all our questions cheerily about menu and use of taste card. Food delicious. "
    Posted 9 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • B said: "Fishy Delight!
    Took my daughter and husband today and all I can say is WOW!
    Food is amazing, service is attentive and friendly. Atmosphere was chic and relaxed.

    Definitely worth a visit. "
    Posted 9 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lindsay said:
    " Excellent as always "
    Posted 10 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Louise said: "Lovely Food :)
    Lovely atmosphere and staff very friendly ! Food was lovely and portions very large , we both ordered the beer battered fish and chips which was very tasty . Will be visiting again in the future . "
    Posted 10 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said: "Birthday meal
    Excellent as usual. "
    Posted 11 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said: "Perfect
    What a fantastic three course meal.The portion sizes were just right.The staff were very friendly and very efficiant.Value for money was outstanding.We will be visiting a lot more times to sample the fantastic food.Thanx Bait fish restaurant. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • cath said: "best fish and chips, ever
    We've been to this restaurant twice now and on each occasion the food has been of the very highest quality. the haddock and hips was simply the best fish and chips i have every had, anywhere, and I've had a fair few over the years.
    the portion size is very generous but we still managed to squeeze in a dessert which was again very tasty and enjoyable. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said: "First visit
    Will be back very soon..everything was perfect.thankyou. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sharon said: "Gorgeous
    Been wanting to try this restaurant out for ages and wasnt dissappointed. Savoured every mouthful. Choices all very different to other menus seen.Will certainly be back. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Essex said: "Spot On
    Great food "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lindsay said:
    " Very tasty and enjoyable meal, will be back "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Priyanka said: "Wonderful Meal
    Brilliant in every way. Will go again "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dan said: "Fantastic
    Unbelievably on a Wednesday night we tried several restaurants and we're unable to get in so decided to give this a whirl.
    All I can say is this is the first restaurant review I have felt the need to write about.
    Brilliant service amazing food. Was expecting pub grub but this is a very nice restaurant experience.
    If your a taste card user be quick I'm told they may not offer this for long! I know I will be back "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kanshaa said: "Lovely Experience!
    Ambience was lovely! And the food was grand and extremely satisfying (: Would happily visit again! "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 15 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Robert said: "Top notch
    Atmosphere was good for a Wednesday night, presentation very good, and the food was excellent. Great value with Tastecard. Will definitely return. "
    Posted 2 years, 23 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall