tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
New Inn - Ilminster image
New Inn - Ilminster image
New Inn - Ilminster image
New Inn - Ilminster image
New Inn - Ilminster image

2 for 1 at New Inn - Ilminster

The New Inn is situated in the beautiful unspoilt village of Dowlish Wake in the heart of picturesque rural Somerset. This 350 year old stone built pub is situated just 200 yards from the ever popular Perry's Cider Mill and Museum.

Their extravagant menu includes a wealth of home cooked dishes made from locally sourced produce wherever possible.

They have two separate bar areas both with wood burning stoves, a stunning non-smoking Restaurant serving lunches and evening meals and a large secluded beer garden which is perfect for those warm summer evenings.

Their menu features lovely home cooked food - with produce being sourced locally whenever possible. From steaks to fish and game, they have a delicious menu that offers great variety and choice. They cater for most diets including gluten free and vegetarian dishes.

No pub would be complete without a selection of real ales, their ales are always well kept - that's a promise. Butcombe Bitter and Otter Ale & Bitter are always featured.

View all reviews
New Inn - Ilminster
Average member score
4.8 8
Diner rating
Excellent
6
Very good
2
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Denise said
" Had a lovely birthday lunch here. Very good service in this rural village pub. Food was..."
Read more
Andrew said
" Excellent food with really good service and great value."
Read more
Lisa said "excellent
highly recommend :-)"
Read more
Karen said "Midweek treat
Lovely friendly village pub. Service good. Food tasty"
Read more
"Traditional Pub Atmosphere
Service was excellent. Starters were lovely. Main courses average but think we may have chosen..."
Read more
oraina said "Superb service and excellent food
Visited on a week night. Waiter/barman was most welcoming. We both had a starter and main meal...."
Read more
CR said
" Visited today for a most enjoyable lunch. Very friendly and excellent service. Good choice of..."
Read more
M said
" A pleasant evening spent in a traditional pub with good food and excellent and charming service...."
Read more
  • Denise said:
    " Had a lovely birthday lunch here. Very good service in this rural village pub. Food was delicious and good portion sizes. Would recommend and definitely go again if in the area. "
    Posted 6 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said:
    " Excellent food with really good service and great value. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lisa said: "excellent
    highly recommend :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Midweek treat
    Lovely friendly village pub. Service good. Food tasty "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Traditional Pub Atmosphere
    Service was excellent. Starters were lovely. Main courses average but think we may have chosen the wrong dishes! Children enjoyed their meals. We didn't have puddings. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • oraina said: "Superb service and excellent food
    Visited on a week night. Waiter/barman was most welcoming. We both had a starter and main meal. Couldn't have asked for better quality of food, or service. Will be back again and cannot highly recommended this pub. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CR said:
    " Visited today for a most enjoyable lunch. Very friendly and excellent service. Good choice of food and beers. Will definitely be returning. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 19 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said:
    " A pleasant evening spent in a traditional pub with good food and excellent and charming service. Plenty of dishes to choose from and well presented. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Denise said:
    " Had a lovely birthday lunch here. Very good service in this rural village pub. Food was delicious and good portion sizes. Would recommend and definitely go again if in the area. "
    Posted 6 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said:
    " Excellent food with really good service and great value. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lisa said: "excellent
    highly recommend :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Midweek treat
    Lovely friendly village pub. Service good. Food tasty "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Traditional Pub Atmosphere
    Service was excellent. Starters were lovely. Main courses average but think we may have chosen the wrong dishes! Children enjoyed their meals. We didn't have puddings. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • oraina said: "Superb service and excellent food
    Visited on a week night. Waiter/barman was most welcoming. We both had a starter and main meal. Couldn't have asked for better quality of food, or service. Will be back again and cannot highly recommended this pub. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CR said:
    " Visited today for a most enjoyable lunch. Very friendly and excellent service. Good choice of food and beers. Will definitely be returning. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 19 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said:
    " A pleasant evening spent in a traditional pub with good food and excellent and charming service. Plenty of dishes to choose from and well presented. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall