tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 4 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
The Crown image
The Crown image
The Crown image
The Crown image
The Crown image

50% off at The Crown

The Crown at Aston End is a privately owned, newly refurbished pub located in the peaceful country hamlet of Aston End off Gresley Way in Stevenage just minutes from the surrounding villages of Aston, Walkern, Benington and Watton.

The chefs at The Crown are committed to using only the finest seasonal produce prepared with a simplicity that will delight even the most discerning of tastes.

All types of cuisine are prepared with that special twist of subtle seasoning that is lovingly and freshly prepared and cooked to perfection.

You can be assured of a warm welcome for the whole family when you pop in and see them. Relax in comfy armchairs in the bar area or enjoy the Summer sunshine out on the courtyard patio with a pint of locally brewed real ale or a glass of one of their expertly chosen wines.

Important Information

Please Note: the tastecard discount is not available on Sundays as the restaurant does not serve their a la carte menu. The restaurant only allows 1 card per group and the discount is not available on the sandwich menus.

View all reviews
The Crown
Average member score
4.7 23
Diner rating
Excellent
19
Very good
2
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
PAULA said "Excellent food
Excellent food and quick friendly service. Worth a few visits to work your way through the menu...."
Read more
Lewis said "Poor
Terrible service, kids running around everywhere and my partner found a hair in her meal. When..."
Read more
Mr. said "Good Food In Countryside
Staff is very helpful and friendly. Very good restaurant in the countryside with good air. Quite..."
Read more
Richard said
" Really nice staff, very friendly. Food is excellent and very well presented. Highly recommended...."
Read more
Joanna said "Excellent meal and service
Popped in for what was going to be a quick main course but the menu was superb, service was..."
Read more
Nicola said
" Amazing food and stunning pub. Staff Polite and helpful."
Read more
" Great service and food"
Read more
Jordan said "Amazing Service
Will definitely return. amazing good food and service"
Read more
Lyndsey said "Birthday treat for husband...
What a lovely meal we had tonight, i didnt want to leave a single thing. 4 adult meals & 1..."
Read more
richard said "Great food
Visited midweek first time read good reviews and all were true great food and service and great..."
Read more
David said
" Very good service, Food very good too. We will definitely go again and recommend the Crown to..."
Read more
Jules said "Lovely Birthday Lunch
Came in today for birthday lunch with sister and brother in law... Service friendly, orders taken..."
Read more
Barbara said
" lovely mid day, mid week meal at The Crown - food was good, service was good - cannot fault..."
Read more
M said
" This is the third time we have dined at the Crown and yet again we cannot fault the quality of..."
Read more
M said
" This is the third time we have dined at the Crown and yet again we cannot fault the quality of..."
Read more
Sarah said "Lovely Discovery
I signed up for a Tastecard for 30 days and when searching for somewhere to take my parents to..."
Read more
Anne said "Great venue.
The food and service were first class. The atmosphere was lovely. Would highly recommend this...."
Read more
Anne said "Superb Meal
Everything about this meal was excellent. The food was cooked to perfection, service was great..."
Read more
drew said "The best of the best
The best pub in the area and delightful food and service. Could not fault the food as it was..."
Read more
Russ said "1st Timers
Found it on taste card, never knew it was there! What a find, great food , good portions and..."
Read more
"Good Value For Money
Location is wonderful. Inside restaurant is very tasteful. Atmosphere is good. Starters were..."
Read more
Hannah said "A beautiful place to eat
Me and my boyfriend took his parents out here for dinner. The place is beautiful. Small and..."
Read more
Tony said "The king of pubs deserves it Crown
Fantastic pub amazing food friendly laid back service . A country pub with a moden clean feel...."
Read more
  • PAULA said: "Excellent food
    Excellent food and quick friendly service. Worth a few visits to work your way through the menu. Efficient table service even though the place was full at mid week lunchtime. "
    Posted 1 month, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lewis said: "Poor
    Terrible service, kids running around everywhere and my partner found a hair in her meal. When complained staff was not interested "
    Posted 6 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mr. said: "Good Food In Countryside
    Staff is very helpful and friendly. Very good restaurant in the countryside with good air. Quite good saving by using taste card "
    Posted 7 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said:
    " Really nice staff, very friendly. Food is excellent and very well presented. Highly recommended. I'll certainly be back. "
    Posted 7 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joanna said: "Excellent meal and service
    Popped in for what was going to be a quick main course but the menu was superb, service was excellent and food was far to good for just one course!

    Delighted to see they are once again accepting [and welcoming] Tastecard as I am sure we will be regular visitors! "
    Posted 8 months, 1 day ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicola said:
    " Amazing food and stunning pub. Staff Polite and helpful. "
    Posted 9 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great service and food "
    Posted 9 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jordan said: "Amazing Service
    Will definitely return. amazing good food and service "
    Posted 10 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lyndsey said: "Birthday treat for husband...
    What a lovely meal we had tonight, i didnt want to leave a single thing. 4 adult meals & 1 childs meal, all good size portions & fresh & tasty!! Food value for money, all home cooked. Waitress was really helpful friendly & lovely, big smile. Thank you The Crown for making our evening a delight :). "
    Posted 1 year, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • richard said: "Great food
    Visited midweek first time read good reviews and all were true great food and service and great atmosphere definitely go again "
    Posted 1 year, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said:
    " Very good service, Food very good too. We will definitely go again and recommend the Crown to others. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jules said: "Lovely Birthday Lunch
    Came in today for birthday lunch with sister and brother in law... Service friendly, orders taken promptly. Great new Autumn menu, I had chicken liver and Madeira parfait with Yorkshire pudding as start , as did sister and bro in law had salted beet and goat cheese tart. Parfait lovely, yorkies delish with it... Was told that although tart was v nice, not enough beet taste (he does love beetroot, mind!). Then they had pork schnitzel and I had calves liver and bacon - pork look great and was enjoyed, but so glad I had the liver... It was so tasty, I loved it- not over cooked, slightly pink and just right. Ended with blackcurrant sorbet which was again wonderful and just right. Great meals, lovely service, thank you! "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Barbara said:
    " lovely mid day, mid week meal at The Crown - food was good, service was good - cannot fault anything at all - we will return! "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said:
    " This is the third time we have dined at the Crown and yet again we cannot fault the quality of the food or the service, and combined with the Tastecard an excellent meal out at an affordable price. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said:
    " This is the third time we have dined at the Crown and yet again we cannot fault the quality of the food or the service, and combined with the Tastecard an excellent meal out at an affordable price. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Lovely Discovery
    I signed up for a Tastecard for 30 days and when searching for somewhere to take my parents to dinner discovered The Crown. I can't believe I didn't know it was there but will now be somewhere I think of taking them regularly. Lovely atmosphere, great food and really friendly staff.....fab! "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 10 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anne said: "Great venue.
    The food and service were first class. The atmosphere was lovely. Would highly recommend this. :-)Staff were very friendly and attentive. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anne said: "Superb Meal
    Everything about this meal was excellent. The food was cooked to perfection, service was great and the staff were very friendly and attentive. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • drew said: "The best of the best
    The best pub in the area and delightful food and service. Could not fault the food as it was wonderful. You all need to visit this place! "
    Posted 2 years, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Russ said: "1st Timers
    Found it on taste card, never knew it was there! What a find, great food , good portions and great service.
    Really pleased with the settings and could have stayed all night

    Well done "
    Posted 2 years, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Good Value For Money
    Location is wonderful. Inside restaurant is very tasteful. Atmosphere is good. Starters were delicious. Steak burger was ok but not that special. Heard brilliant reviews about the steak and duck. Will defiantly go back to try other things. All in all a lovely evening. "
    Posted 2 years, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hannah said: "A beautiful place to eat
    Me and my boyfriend took his parents out here for dinner. The place is beautiful. Small and quaint. Lovely atmosphere and a smile to welcome you. There was a lovely choice on the menu and the food was cooked to perfection. We really enjoyed ourselves and will be definitely coming back again. And now with being able to use a tastecard we can come more often :) "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tony said: "The king of pubs deserves it Crown
    Fantastic pub amazing food friendly laid back service . A country pub with a moden clean feel. Cant wait to go back a real little jem of a pub. Highly recommend :-) "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • PAULA said: "Excellent food
    Excellent food and quick friendly service. Worth a few visits to work your way through the menu. Efficient table service even though the place was full at mid week lunchtime. "
    Posted 1 month, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lewis said: "Poor
    Terrible service, kids running around everywhere and my partner found a hair in her meal. When complained staff was not interested "
    Posted 6 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mr. said: "Good Food In Countryside
    Staff is very helpful and friendly. Very good restaurant in the countryside with good air. Quite good saving by using taste card "
    Posted 7 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said:
    " Really nice staff, very friendly. Food is excellent and very well presented. Highly recommended. I'll certainly be back. "
    Posted 7 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joanna said: "Excellent meal and service
    Popped in for what was going to be a quick main course but the menu was superb, service was excellent and food was far to good for just one course!

    Delighted to see they are once again accepting [and welcoming] Tastecard as I am sure we will be regular visitors! "
    Posted 8 months, 1 day ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicola said:
    " Amazing food and stunning pub. Staff Polite and helpful. "
    Posted 9 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great service and food "
    Posted 9 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jordan said: "Amazing Service
    Will definitely return. amazing good food and service "
    Posted 10 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lyndsey said: "Birthday treat for husband...
    What a lovely meal we had tonight, i didnt want to leave a single thing. 4 adult meals & 1 childs meal, all good size portions & fresh & tasty!! Food value for money, all home cooked. Waitress was really helpful friendly & lovely, big smile. Thank you The Crown for making our evening a delight :). "
    Posted 1 year, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • richard said: "Great food
    Visited midweek first time read good reviews and all were true great food and service and great atmosphere definitely go again "
    Posted 1 year, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said:
    " Very good service, Food very good too. We will definitely go again and recommend the Crown to others. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jules said: "Lovely Birthday Lunch
    Came in today for birthday lunch with sister and brother in law... Service friendly, orders taken promptly. Great new Autumn menu, I had chicken liver and Madeira parfait with Yorkshire pudding as start , as did sister and bro in law had salted beet and goat cheese tart. Parfait lovely, yorkies delish with it... Was told that although tart was v nice, not enough beet taste (he does love beetroot, mind!). Then they had pork schnitzel and I had calves liver and bacon - pork look great and was enjoyed, but so glad I had the liver... It was so tasty, I loved it- not over cooked, slightly pink and just right. Ended with blackcurrant sorbet which was again wonderful and just right. Great meals, lovely service, thank you! "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Barbara said:
    " lovely mid day, mid week meal at The Crown - food was good, service was good - cannot fault anything at all - we will return! "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said:
    " This is the third time we have dined at the Crown and yet again we cannot fault the quality of the food or the service, and combined with the Tastecard an excellent meal out at an affordable price. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said:
    " This is the third time we have dined at the Crown and yet again we cannot fault the quality of the food or the service, and combined with the Tastecard an excellent meal out at an affordable price. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Lovely Discovery
    I signed up for a Tastecard for 30 days and when searching for somewhere to take my parents to dinner discovered The Crown. I can't believe I didn't know it was there but will now be somewhere I think of taking them regularly. Lovely atmosphere, great food and really friendly staff.....fab! "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 10 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anne said: "Great venue.
    The food and service were first class. The atmosphere was lovely. Would highly recommend this. :-)Staff were very friendly and attentive. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anne said: "Superb Meal
    Everything about this meal was excellent. The food was cooked to perfection, service was great and the staff were very friendly and attentive. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • drew said: "The best of the best
    The best pub in the area and delightful food and service. Could not fault the food as it was wonderful. You all need to visit this place! "
    Posted 2 years, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Russ said: "1st Timers
    Found it on taste card, never knew it was there! What a find, great food , good portions and great service.
    Really pleased with the settings and could have stayed all night

    Well done "
    Posted 2 years, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Good Value For Money
    Location is wonderful. Inside restaurant is very tasteful. Atmosphere is good. Starters were delicious. Steak burger was ok but not that special. Heard brilliant reviews about the steak and duck. Will defiantly go back to try other things. All in all a lovely evening. "
    Posted 2 years, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hannah said: "A beautiful place to eat
    Me and my boyfriend took his parents out here for dinner. The place is beautiful. Small and quaint. Lovely atmosphere and a smile to welcome you. There was a lovely choice on the menu and the food was cooked to perfection. We really enjoyed ourselves and will be definitely coming back again. And now with being able to use a tastecard we can come more often :) "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tony said: "The king of pubs deserves it Crown
    Fantastic pub amazing food friendly laid back service . A country pub with a moden clean feel. Cant wait to go back a real little jem of a pub. Highly recommend :-) "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall