tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 4 peopleBooking requiredSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The Red Lion @ Pendoylan image
The Red Lion @ Pendoylan image
The Red Lion @ Pendoylan image
The Red Lion @ Pendoylan image
The Red Lion @ Pendoylan image

50% off at The Red Lion @ Pendoylan

This traditional stone-built country pub is set in the tiny village of Pendoylan, deep in the Vale of Glamorgan countryside.

A fusion of traditional country pub and contemporary gastro style merge to offer a restaurant, bar and function room that invariably delivers on its aim of local fresh quality dining in an informal and friendly way.

They are passionate about the quality of cuisine and service they provide. An award winning chef, imaginative range of traditional and modern cuisine; which varies regularly to reflect the changing seasons and availability of the very best of local produce combine to ensure an unforgettable dining experience.

Whether it is an intimate dinner for two, celebrating with friends or a special occasion they always strive to make each and every visit enjoyable and memorable.

The Red Lion offer a wide range of fine traditional ales and ciders, and there is also an extensive wine list available, sure to satisfy even the most demanding tastes.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on the Sunday lunch menu.

View all reviews
The Red Lion @ Pendoylan
Average member score
4.9 11
Diner rating
Excellent
10
Very good
1
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Dean said "Well worth a visit
Really good food and excellent value with tastecard"
Read more
Adey said "Lovely Food
Took a while to find but was well worth the journey. Heard a lot of good reports over the years..."
Read more
GLYNIS said "Good food and good service
My second visit to The Red Lion and it was once again a pleasure to eat there. The choice was..."
Read more
ANDREW said "A real birthday treat!
I was taken here by my wife and daughter for a birthday meal and I have to say that it was..."
Read more
SIMON said "50% off food
A very nice meal. Good service by very friendly staff. Thank you"
Read more
" Visited the restaurant last night with my family and being a regular tastecard user I must say..."
Read more
ChrisK said
" Great meal and a warm welcome. Calm and peaceful: no loud music and a cool atmosphere."
Read more
Martyn said "Excellent food and service to match
Highly recommended"
Read more
MARK said "Gastro
Great pub, well renovated. Staff were excellent and very friendly.
Food was fantastic. Read more
LAURA said "Lovely meal, beer and atmosphere
We had a fab meal and atmosphere great. Chickpea cake and lamb for main and couldn't fault..."
Read more
Graham said
" Had a really nice meal in a very friendly and relaxed reteraunt within the pub. Staff were great..."
Read more
  • Dean said: "Well worth a visit
    Really good food and excellent value with tastecard "
    Posted 1 month ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adey said: "Lovely Food
    Took a while to find but was well worth the journey. Heard a lot of good reports over the years and couldn't believe it when it appeared on the Tastecard app. 50% off on food this good is a fantastic deal. We ate here for less than what a Harvester would've cost. Thanks "
    Posted 2 months, 18 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • GLYNIS said: "Good food and good service
    My second visit to The Red Lion and it was once again a pleasure to eat there. The choice was plentiful and varied, the food was delicious and well presented, the service was excellent and they were happy to accept tastecard and give the discount. Would highly recommend. "
    Posted 5 months, 15 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ANDREW said: "A real birthday treat!
    I was taken here by my wife and daughter for a birthday meal and I have to say that it was amazing. The food and the service were second to none. We will be back soon. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SIMON said: "50% off food
    A very nice meal. Good service by very friendly staff. Thank you "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Visited the restaurant last night with my family and being a regular tastecard user I must say this is in my top 5 restaurants for quality of food,service and atmosphere.the new spring menu looks good and hope to return when I'm next visiting the area.any tastecard users give this one a go,you will not be disappointed .Thanks for a great meal. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 8 days ago...
    7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ChrisK said:
    " Great meal and a warm welcome. Calm and peaceful: no loud music and a cool atmosphere. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martyn said: "Excellent food and service to match
    Highly recommended "
    Posted 2 years, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MARK said: "Gastro
    Great pub, well renovated. Staff were excellent and very friendly.
    Food was fantastic.
    Lunch time menu!!! "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • LAURA said: "Lovely meal, beer and atmosphere
    We had a fab meal and atmosphere great. Chickpea cake and lamb for main and couldn't fault it. Would recommend and definitely going back! "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Graham said:
    " Had a really nice meal in a very friendly and relaxed reteraunt within the pub. Staff were great and the food was delicious. I will certainly visit again to try something else from the menu. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Dean said: "Well worth a visit
    Really good food and excellent value with tastecard "
    Posted 1 month ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adey said: "Lovely Food
    Took a while to find but was well worth the journey. Heard a lot of good reports over the years and couldn't believe it when it appeared on the Tastecard app. 50% off on food this good is a fantastic deal. We ate here for less than what a Harvester would've cost. Thanks "
    Posted 2 months, 18 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • GLYNIS said: "Good food and good service
    My second visit to The Red Lion and it was once again a pleasure to eat there. The choice was plentiful and varied, the food was delicious and well presented, the service was excellent and they were happy to accept tastecard and give the discount. Would highly recommend. "
    Posted 5 months, 15 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ANDREW said: "A real birthday treat!
    I was taken here by my wife and daughter for a birthday meal and I have to say that it was amazing. The food and the service were second to none. We will be back soon. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SIMON said: "50% off food
    A very nice meal. Good service by very friendly staff. Thank you "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Visited the restaurant last night with my family and being a regular tastecard user I must say this is in my top 5 restaurants for quality of food,service and atmosphere.the new spring menu looks good and hope to return when I'm next visiting the area.any tastecard users give this one a go,you will not be disappointed .Thanks for a great meal. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 8 days ago...
    7 out of 7 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ChrisK said:
    " Great meal and a warm welcome. Calm and peaceful: no loud music and a cool atmosphere. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martyn said: "Excellent food and service to match
    Highly recommended "
    Posted 2 years, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MARK said: "Gastro
    Great pub, well renovated. Staff were excellent and very friendly.
    Food was fantastic.
    Lunch time menu!!! "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • LAURA said: "Lovely meal, beer and atmosphere
    We had a fab meal and atmosphere great. Chickpea cake and lamb for main and couldn't fault it. Would recommend and definitely going back! "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Graham said:
    " Had a really nice meal in a very friendly and relaxed reteraunt within the pub. Staff were great and the food was delicious. I will certainly visit again to try something else from the menu. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall