tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The Cock at Roade image

2 for 1 at The Cock at Roade

The Cock at Roade remains one of the most popular and well patronized pubs in Northampton, largely due to their excellent choice of beer plus a menu of delicious homemade dishes which is keenly priced and offers excellent value.

A great choice of wines, beers, soft drinks and coffees are available to accompany the food or to begin a night out.

The venue encompasses all that is great about home cooked British cuisine and traditional dining, but in a modern atmosphere, with friendly staff and a sociable vibe.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on Bank Holidays or Celebration Days including Valentine's Day, Mothering Sunday, Father's Day etc.

View all reviews
The Cock at Roade
Average member score
4.6 8
Diner rating
Excellent
7
Very good
0
Good
0
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Michael said "Poor service, average food
Went in the summer, booked a table for 6.30pm. Waited 45 mins for food to arrive. They were busy..."
Read more
Lee said "Great steak
Lovely food lovely family friendy pub . Highly reccommended :-)"
Read more
Lynn said "Very good
Lovely decor. Good food. Generous portions and nicely presented. Perfect for a mid week 'no..."
Read more
monina said "Lunch with my sister
Had a lovely Sunday lunch after losing the rugby...
Service very good, every one polite..."
Read more
Anne said
" Excellent food :-)"
Read more
Ian said "Excellent
Quite simply superb. This is no ordinary pub food but worthy of a top restaurant...and the taste..."
Read more
Sandra said "Lunch
Visited after finding on Tastecard site. Four of us for lunch on a Monday. It was understandably..."
Read more
Sarah said "Would Highly Recommend!
Since finding out this Pub/Restaurant takes Tastecard my Husband and I always now go here for a..."
Read more
  • Michael said: "Poor service, average food
    Went in the summer, booked a table for 6.30pm. Waited 45 mins for food to arrive. They were busy serving burger n chips to people who strayed in, rather than us. Food was hot, otherwise unmemerable "
    Posted 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Great steak
    Lovely food lovely family friendy pub . Highly reccommended :-) "
    Posted 10 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lynn said: "Very good
    Lovely decor. Good food. Generous portions and nicely presented. Perfect for a mid week 'no cooking' evening. Will definitely revisit and a weekend to try more of the wider menu. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • monina said: "Lunch with my sister
    Had a lovely Sunday lunch after losing the rugby...
    Service very good, every one polite and friendly, lovely country pub.nice decor and atmosphere
    Food was very tasty, beef was a bit chewy, !but the vegetables etc perfect, and nice selection....and the banoffee dessert was amazing...
    Will definatly return. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anne said:
    " Excellent food :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ian said: "Excellent
    Quite simply superb. This is no ordinary pub food but worthy of a top restaurant...and the taste card discount made it excellent value. A must visit. The steaks are out of this world! "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sandra said: "Lunch
    Visited after finding on Tastecard site. Four of us for lunch on a Monday. It was understandably very quiet but we were warmly welcomed in by the owners who made us feel right at home.
    Menu has a good choice of starters, sharers, mains and puds.
    We had seared tuna, hake and ham, egg & chips all of which were freshly cooked, good sized portions and left no room for pudding "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 28 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Would Highly Recommend!
    Since finding out this Pub/Restaurant takes Tastecard my Husband and I always now go here for a meal! We've eaten here quite a few times now and have never had a bad meal! We also bring the kids who are made to feel welcome! The food is always faultless and of a very tasty and high quality at a very reasonable price! As long as you ring and book the tastecard is happily accepted and processed very efficiently! Ring and book now! "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 10 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Michael said: "Poor service, average food
    Went in the summer, booked a table for 6.30pm. Waited 45 mins for food to arrive. They were busy serving burger n chips to people who strayed in, rather than us. Food was hot, otherwise unmemerable "
    Posted 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Great steak
    Lovely food lovely family friendy pub . Highly reccommended :-) "
    Posted 10 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lynn said: "Very good
    Lovely decor. Good food. Generous portions and nicely presented. Perfect for a mid week 'no cooking' evening. Will definitely revisit and a weekend to try more of the wider menu. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • monina said: "Lunch with my sister
    Had a lovely Sunday lunch after losing the rugby...
    Service very good, every one polite and friendly, lovely country pub.nice decor and atmosphere
    Food was very tasty, beef was a bit chewy, !but the vegetables etc perfect, and nice selection....and the banoffee dessert was amazing...
    Will definatly return. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anne said:
    " Excellent food :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ian said: "Excellent
    Quite simply superb. This is no ordinary pub food but worthy of a top restaurant...and the taste card discount made it excellent value. A must visit. The steaks are out of this world! "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sandra said: "Lunch
    Visited after finding on Tastecard site. Four of us for lunch on a Monday. It was understandably very quiet but we were warmly welcomed in by the owners who made us feel right at home.
    Menu has a good choice of starters, sharers, mains and puds.
    We had seared tuna, hake and ham, egg & chips all of which were freshly cooked, good sized portions and left no room for pudding "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 28 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Would Highly Recommend!
    Since finding out this Pub/Restaurant takes Tastecard my Husband and I always now go here for a meal! We've eaten here quite a few times now and have never had a bad meal! We also bring the kids who are made to feel welcome! The food is always faultless and of a very tasty and high quality at a very reasonable price! As long as you ring and book the tastecard is happily accepted and processed very efficiently! Ring and book now! "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 10 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall