tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
View Menu
Banana Tree - West Hampstead image
Banana Tree - West Hampstead image
Banana Tree - West Hampstead image
Banana Tree - West Hampstead image
Banana Tree - West Hampstead image

2 for 1 at Banana Tree - West Hampstead

Banana Tree in Soho is home of fantastic food and great drinks from the Indochina region. This award winning eatery offers fantastic dishes from many of South East Asian countries, include Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and the peninsula of Singapore and Malaysia.

Talented head chef William Chow has worked tirelessly for over twenty years, constantly refining and improving their already innovative menu. His aim is to make sure that the Pan-Oriental dishes on offer are made in the healthiest way, without any compromise on flavour. The herbs that are used are taken from Thailand, Vietnam and Mekong, a region in Cambodia. The Peninsula of Malaysia is responsible for the wide range of rustic dry spices mixes that brings each dish to life.

Browse through the menu of this Soho restaurant to find a selection of dishes, include the fantastic ‘Fresh Indo Herb Wraps’, served with Nem Noung coriander meat balls, crispy chicken, or spiced chilli beef, as well as fresh Batavia lettuce and the fabulous Nuoc Cham dipping sauce. The main courses offers the delicious ‘Blackened Monk’s Noodles’, a vegetarian dish that can also be altered for vegans. Enjoy wheat noodles with a load of tasty, crunchy vegetables, egg and tofu, then cooked in their yummy blackened sauce. This comes with Viet pickle. A sweet corn cake and sesame rice crackers.

The talented team here have created a revolutionary menu to satisfy all tastes! Book now to try Banana Tree in Soho for yourself!

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on Fridays, Saturdays, Bank Holidays or Celebration Days. These include, but are not limited to Valentine’s Day, Mothering Sunday, Father’s Day and during the month of December. The tastecard offer is available on the a la carte menu only and does not apply to the express menu or any special offer that the restaurant runs. NO BOOKING IS REQUIRED (they do not accept bookings, customers should NOT call but instead walk in unless in a group of 6+).

View all reviews
Banana Tree - West Hampstead
Average member score
4.4 27
Diner rating
Excellent
16
Very good
9
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Alicia said "Fantastic fresh food
Fresh, healthy, tasty and great portion sizes. What more could you want?"
Read more
Richard said
" Lovely Pho and Laksa will come again"
Read more
Seb said
" Excellent all round"
Read more
Lyndsey said
" great with taste cars"
Read more
Sabz said "Fab
Loved the food, very authentic"
Read more
" Very easy to use tastecard. No need to book"
Read more
Paul said "Good, Great, & Good
Good Service, great tasting food and a good atmosphere. I will be visiting again.

..."
Read more
darren said "good food terrible service
good food terrible service"
Read more
Terence said "Great
As always can not fault"
Read more
CANDICE said "Great experience
Food and atmosphere was great. Tasty and good prices . I recommend it"
Read more
Dexter said
" A very nice experience of nicely cooked food. The dishes are of good size and their presentation..."
Read more
Mark said
" Great"
Read more
Am said
" Good"
Read more
Helena said
" Lovely lovely food and very attendative and friendly staff. Thank you for a lovely and affordable..."
Read more
WH said
" Great"
Read more
Mooman said "Always great service
Been to Banana Tree, West Hampstead a few times and its always been great; with friends, with..."
Read more
" Our fav spot"
Read more
Newing said "Review
Great overall, will definitely come back!"
Read more
WestHampstead01 said
" Good place for a quick and cheap bite. Good service and super friendly and smiley staff."
Read more
Mick said "Authentic And Delicious Eastern Asian Flavours
Been to banana tree on several occasions now and enjoyed it every time. Particularly enjoyed the..."
Read more
Mel said "Always great
As usual the food was terrific and such great value. The service is usually very good too."
Read more
Amanda said
" Generous portions, delicious food, great cocktails! Surpassed expectation."
Read more
Ronald said "Good food, well prepared
I frequently eat in this and the Wardour Street restaurant. Both restaurants are busy around..."
Read more
ADEMOLA said "Good service great food
Was well looked after and the food was phenomenal."
Read more
SC said
" Delicious food and cocktails. Can't go wrong sharing their great selection of starters"
Read more
TW said "Half Duck Menu
I am very disappointed with grilled duck (half bird), it was tasteless and no flavour at all. I..."
Read more
Jane said
" Went on a Saturday lunchtime. Good food and service, but we were not allowed to use our Tastecard..."
Read more
  • Alicia said: "Fantastic fresh food
    Fresh, healthy, tasty and great portion sizes. What more could you want? "
    Posted 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said:
    " Lovely Pho and Laksa will come again "
    Posted 1 month, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Seb said:
    " Excellent all round "
    Posted 3 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lyndsey said:
    " great with taste cars "
    Posted 4 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sabz said: "Fab
    Loved the food, very authentic "
    Posted 4 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Very easy to use tastecard. No need to book "
    Posted 5 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Good, Great, & Good
    Good Service, great tasting food and a good atmosphere. I will be visiting again.

    Thank you "
    Posted 5 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • darren said: "good food terrible service
    good food terrible service "
    Posted 6 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Terence said: "Great
    As always can not fault "
    Posted 6 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CANDICE said: "Great experience
    Food and atmosphere was great. Tasty and good prices . I recommend it "
    Posted 6 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dexter said:
    " A very nice experience of nicely cooked food. The dishes are of good size and their presentation is good. We have eaten here on many occasions and have always enjoyed the experience. "
    Posted 7 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said:
    " Great "
    Posted 7 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Am said:
    " Good "
    Posted 7 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Helena said:
    " Lovely lovely food and very attendative and friendly staff. Thank you for a lovely and affordable night ;-). "
    Posted 7 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • WH said:
    " Great "
    Posted 8 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mooman said: "Always great service
    Been to Banana Tree, West Hampstead a few times and its always been great; with friends, with family, with dates.

    Good food, great service, happy hour, great value for money.

    Eat! And enjoy yourself :) "
    Posted 10 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Our fav spot "
    Posted 10 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Newing said: "Review
    Great overall, will definitely come back! "
    Posted 1 year, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • WestHampstead01 said:
    " Good place for a quick and cheap bite. Good service and super friendly and smiley staff. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mick said: "Authentic And Delicious Eastern Asian Flavours
    Been to banana tree on several occasions now and enjoyed it every time. Particularly enjoyed the pho- very generous portion size too! "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mel said: "Always great
    As usual the food was terrific and such great value. The service is usually very good too. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Amanda said:
    " Generous portions, delicious food, great cocktails! Surpassed expectation. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ronald said: "Good food, well prepared
    I frequently eat in this and the Wardour Street restaurant. Both restaurants are busy around 6:00-8:00pm. If you can, visit earlier or later. The staff are efficient and attentive but not overly so, which I prefer. If you haven't tried Banana Tree yet I feel sure you won't be disappointed when you do. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ADEMOLA said: "Good service great food
    Was well looked after and the food was phenomenal. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SC said:
    " Delicious food and cocktails. Can't go wrong sharing their great selection of starters "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • TW said: "Half Duck Menu
    I am very disappointed with grilled duck (half bird), it was tasteless and no flavour at all. I used to eat at Banana Tree but the menu have changed and get worst. The food is not fresh at all as their slogan.

    I prefer the previous menu.

    The staff is friendly and welcoming. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 15 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said:
    " Went on a Saturday lunchtime. Good food and service, but we were not allowed to use our Tastecard even though it says it can be used until 5.00pm. Disappointing. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 9 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Alicia said: "Fantastic fresh food
    Fresh, healthy, tasty and great portion sizes. What more could you want? "
    Posted 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said:
    " Lovely Pho and Laksa will come again "
    Posted 1 month, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Seb said:
    " Excellent all round "
    Posted 3 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lyndsey said:
    " great with taste cars "
    Posted 4 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sabz said: "Fab
    Loved the food, very authentic "
    Posted 4 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Very easy to use tastecard. No need to book "
    Posted 5 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Good, Great, & Good
    Good Service, great tasting food and a good atmosphere. I will be visiting again.

    Thank you "
    Posted 5 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • darren said: "good food terrible service
    good food terrible service "
    Posted 6 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Terence said: "Great
    As always can not fault "
    Posted 6 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CANDICE said: "Great experience
    Food and atmosphere was great. Tasty and good prices . I recommend it "
    Posted 6 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dexter said:
    " A very nice experience of nicely cooked food. The dishes are of good size and their presentation is good. We have eaten here on many occasions and have always enjoyed the experience. "
    Posted 7 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said:
    " Great "
    Posted 7 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Am said:
    " Good "
    Posted 7 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Helena said:
    " Lovely lovely food and very attendative and friendly staff. Thank you for a lovely and affordable night ;-). "
    Posted 7 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • WH said:
    " Great "
    Posted 8 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mooman said: "Always great service
    Been to Banana Tree, West Hampstead a few times and its always been great; with friends, with family, with dates.

    Good food, great service, happy hour, great value for money.

    Eat! And enjoy yourself :) "
    Posted 10 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Our fav spot "
    Posted 10 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Newing said: "Review
    Great overall, will definitely come back! "
    Posted 1 year, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • WestHampstead01 said:
    " Good place for a quick and cheap bite. Good service and super friendly and smiley staff. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mick said: "Authentic And Delicious Eastern Asian Flavours
    Been to banana tree on several occasions now and enjoyed it every time. Particularly enjoyed the pho- very generous portion size too! "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mel said: "Always great
    As usual the food was terrific and such great value. The service is usually very good too. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Amanda said:
    " Generous portions, delicious food, great cocktails! Surpassed expectation. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ronald said: "Good food, well prepared
    I frequently eat in this and the Wardour Street restaurant. Both restaurants are busy around 6:00-8:00pm. If you can, visit earlier or later. The staff are efficient and attentive but not overly so, which I prefer. If you haven't tried Banana Tree yet I feel sure you won't be disappointed when you do. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ADEMOLA said: "Good service great food
    Was well looked after and the food was phenomenal. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SC said:
    " Delicious food and cocktails. Can't go wrong sharing their great selection of starters "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • TW said: "Half Duck Menu
    I am very disappointed with grilled duck (half bird), it was tasteless and no flavour at all. I used to eat at Banana Tree but the menu have changed and get worst. The food is not fresh at all as their slogan.

    I prefer the previous menu.

    The staff is friendly and welcoming. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 15 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said:
    " Went on a Saturday lunchtime. Good food and service, but we were not allowed to use our Tastecard even though it says it can be used until 5.00pm. Disappointing. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 9 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall