tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Urban Cookhouse image
Urban Cookhouse image
Urban Cookhouse image
Urban Cookhouse image
Urban Cookhouse image

2 for 1 at Urban Cookhouse

The team at Urban Cookhouse have never really been the type to stick to the norm. They've brought the most succulent tastes of downtown Manhattan to a converted shipping warehouse in the streets of central Manchester.

Inspired by the owner's stateside travels, Urban Cookhouse has a range of New York burgers and hotdogs, as well as a selection of Deep Southern comfort food. Keen to experiment, the chefs at Urban Cookhouse are always innovating these steadfast favourites.

The menu encourages visitors to 'Eat like a New Yorker', with a plethora of huge, dirty and utterly irresistible plates of meat, most of which are humorously named. Try Freddy's BBQ ribs with slaw, or the New York Stripper: slices of tender New York steak, eggs, fried bread, house fries and onion rings. Those popping in for something on the go can't go far wrong with Urban Cookhouse's take on the classic chicken and bacon club wrap, In Da Club.

Urban Cookhouse's main event however, is it's Build Your Own Burger offer. Choose from chicken, beef or veggie burger, before adding your choice of five different cheeses. Then, top it with pulled pork, philly cheesesteak, nachos or onion rings. There's even an option to add Nutella fries on the side!

The venue itself gives off the feeling of down town New York, with cool industrial décor, wooden floors, eclectic lighting and furniture, and large windows that let in plenty of light. It's location, just a few second's walk away from Canal Street, makes the Cookhouse perfect for the start to a night out in central Manchester. Urban Cookhouse is the place to be for those looking to enjoy a stylish dining experience.

View all reviews
Urban Cookhouse
Average member score
4.3 7
Diner rating
Excellent
4
Very good
1
Good
2
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
" Average food & service"
Read more
Ian said "Good
Early evening and very quiet - hence the lower mark for atmosphere."
Read more
Kai said "Great Meal For Midweek Treat
Will be back"
Read more
Pete said "Great food
Great food, friendly staff. We'll be back"
Read more
"Good Food Poor Service
Food (sea bream coconut) was delicious! Unfortunately, the chicken in the Korean BBQ salad..."
Read more
Dominique said "Best Restaurant in Manchester
We dined at the urban cookhouse last night and the food was Michelin star quality. Presentation..."
Read more
Cavelle said "Cool, Tasty And Fun!
Really tasty food with a cool atmosphere. Lovely service very personal and tailored to your..."
Read more
  • " Average food & service "
    Posted 8 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ian said: "Good
    Early evening and very quiet - hence the lower mark for atmosphere. "
    Posted 10 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kai said: "Great Meal For Midweek Treat
    Will be back "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pete said: "Great food
    Great food, friendly staff. We'll be back "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Good Food Poor Service
    Food (sea bream coconut) was delicious! Unfortunately, the chicken in the Korean BBQ salad hadn't been filleted properly which was an unpleasant boney first mouthful! It wasn't busy but staff weren't very attentive replenishing drinks etc. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dominique said: "Best Restaurant in Manchester
    We dined at the urban cookhouse last night and the food was Michelin star quality. Presentation was stunning, tasted amazing and great portions. Spot on cocktail and wine list. Great ambiance, music and lighting. Very welcoming and great service. I'd highly recommend the urban cookhouse to anyone. Must come back soon faultless evening "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cavelle said: "Cool, Tasty And Fun!
    Really tasty food with a cool atmosphere. Lovely service very personal and tailored to your preference. I would definitely recommend! The cocktails are amazing and the stuffed peppers as nibbles are to die for!! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • " Average food & service "
    Posted 8 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ian said: "Good
    Early evening and very quiet - hence the lower mark for atmosphere. "
    Posted 10 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kai said: "Great Meal For Midweek Treat
    Will be back "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pete said: "Great food
    Great food, friendly staff. We'll be back "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Good Food Poor Service
    Food (sea bream coconut) was delicious! Unfortunately, the chicken in the Korean BBQ salad hadn't been filleted properly which was an unpleasant boney first mouthful! It wasn't busy but staff weren't very attentive replenishing drinks etc. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dominique said: "Best Restaurant in Manchester
    We dined at the urban cookhouse last night and the food was Michelin star quality. Presentation was stunning, tasted amazing and great portions. Spot on cocktail and wine list. Great ambiance, music and lighting. Very welcoming and great service. I'd highly recommend the urban cookhouse to anyone. Must come back soon faultless evening "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cavelle said: "Cool, Tasty And Fun!
    Really tasty food with a cool atmosphere. Lovely service very personal and tailored to your preference. I would definitely recommend! The cocktails are amazing and the stuffed peppers as nibbles are to die for!! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall