tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleOnline bookingBooking requiredSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Bar Soba Edinburgh image
Bar Soba Edinburgh image
Bar Soba Edinburgh image
Bar Soba Edinburgh image
Bar Soba Edinburgh image

2 for 1 at Bar Soba Edinburgh

Serving high quality Pan Asian cuisine in Edinburgh is Bar Soba. Pan Asian food involves dishes from all Asian countries. For example, instead of solely Thai, Indian of Vietnamese dishes, you can enjoy them all under one roof. Bar Soba has a selection of Japanese, Chinese Vietnamese and Malaysian dishes, as well as the aforementioned cuisines. They believe that this fine selection of perfectly cooked meals ensures that diners will have a truly unforgettable dining experience.

The menu includes a wide range of dishes, meaning that when you dine you really are spoiled for choice. Try the chicken and prawn jungle curry, an infused broth cooked with lime juice and fish sauce. Another option is the tasty Japanese katsu curry, which is delicious chicken coated in Asian breadcrumbs, fried until crispy and then served with katsu curry.

Whether you are an adventurous diner, or like to keep things simple, a visit to Bar Soba should be on your tick list when dining in Edinburgh.

Important Information

Please note: The tastecard promotion is not available on Saturday after 5pm and tastecards will be refused. Failure to make a booking in advance by online booking system or by telephone mentioning your tastecard will render the offer invalid.

View all reviews
Bar Soba Edinburgh
Average member score
4.7 10
Diner rating
Excellent
8
Very good
1
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Andy said
" Good was great, fantastic value with the tastecard"
Read more
" Love this place.
Yeah, service can be a few bit slow but it's worth it."
Read more
Mai said
" The food is quite decent. Staff are helpful and friendly"
Read more
Liam said "Great food
First visit to bar soba & certainly not disappointed. We ordered 2 small plates( Thai fish..."
Read more
VICTORIA said "Food was fantastic but waiting time was horrific....
I called to book with relatively little notice and was greeted with a very friendly member of..."
Read more
" Lovely food good staff"
Read more
Jason said "Fantastic food
We loved or experience of Bar Soba, the quality of the food was excellent and faultless, we found..."
Read more
"Very Good!
Very pleasant and fast service despite being busy on a Wed evening. Nice food (the Small..."
Read more
Sue said "Great food
Great food, friendly service, free wifi........whats not to like!"
Read more
Col said "Great Food And Service But Wouldn't Take Card At First
Food was delicious ,we both had noodle dishes , great . Girl that served us was really nice ,..."
Read more
  • Andy said:
    " Good was great, fantastic value with the tastecard "
    Posted 4 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Love this place.
    Yeah, service can be a few bit slow but it's worth it. "
    Posted 4 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mai said:
    " The food is quite decent. Staff are helpful and friendly "
    Posted 8 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Liam said: "Great food
    First visit to bar soba & certainly not disappointed. We ordered 2 small plates( Thai fish cakes &chicken Satay) both were really tasty(the peanut dip was excellent). Then for mains we had pad Thai & a beef teriyaki noodles. The mains portions were pretty big, struggled to finish it all but it was very tasty. Drinks were a bit expensive(but expected for city centre Edinburgh). Staff were very nice too. I'll definitely be going back. "
    Posted 10 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • VICTORIA said: "Food was fantastic but waiting time was horrific....
    I called to book with relatively little notice and was greeted with a very friendly member of staff who confirmed my table and advised that using my Taste Card wouldn't be a problem at all. When we actually arrived, it was fairly busy and 2 of the staff working seemed to know nothing about our booking. We were left standing while they checked with a further staff member (who I'm assuming was the person I'd spoken to on the phone originally) and were eventually shown to a table. We asked for a booth and were taken to what I can only describe as a tray sized table crammed in next to 2 other couples. There was almost no room for us to even take our coats off for fear of hitting another diner in the face in the process.... VERY CRAMPED and absolutely roasting hot. We were sweating just sitting there! Our drinks order was taken relatively quickly but staff forgot about our food order and after 20mins we had to head back to the bar to alert someone to the fact that we still hadn't ordered. While waiting on our starters we were brought the wrong meals twice, which, both times, turned out to belong to other diners. The same happened with our mains with it taking 1hr and 15mins for our mains to arrive after we'd finished our starters. Again we were brought the incorrect meals several times prior to this. The staff just didn't have a clue (with the exception of Liam who seemed to be the only member of staff actually doing anything! He was VERY helpful and apologetic which was much appreciated after 2 hours of messy service from everyone else!) Don't get me wrong, the food itself was AMAZING and ordinarily I'd be dying to return, especially given the fantastic discount when using my Taste Card, but was it worth waiting over 2hrs for, at 6pm on a Tuesday? To be frank... no, not really. If Bar Soba sort out their waiting times and hapless staff I'd be first in line for a table! "
    Posted 11 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Lovely food good staff "
    Posted 1 year, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jason said: "Fantastic food
    We loved or experience of Bar Soba, the quality of the food was excellent and faultless, we found the bench style seating a bit weird to start with but got used to it very quickly, atmosphere was good but there could have been a bit of music playing in the back ground, service was good bit sometimes felt a bit rushed at times, we will definitely be visiting again soon as there was other items on the menu we wanted to try. Overall we had a fantastic time and it started our night of perfectly. :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Very Good!
    Very pleasant and fast service despite being busy on a Wed evening. Nice food (the Small Platters), and a very good price with the Tastecard. At the time of our visit it was 2for1 on all courses. I recommend Bar Soba. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sue said: "Great food
    Great food, friendly service, free wifi........whats not to like! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Col said: "Great Food And Service But Wouldn't Take Card At First
    Food was delicious ,we both had noodle dishes , great . Girl that served us was really nice , thanks .
    Would not accept card , manager claiming they don't do Tastecard anymore . That after being on only 30 days or so . Think he was at it . Finally got to use it though when we insisted . Beware ! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Andy said:
    " Good was great, fantastic value with the tastecard "
    Posted 4 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Love this place.
    Yeah, service can be a few bit slow but it's worth it. "
    Posted 4 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mai said:
    " The food is quite decent. Staff are helpful and friendly "
    Posted 8 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Liam said: "Great food
    First visit to bar soba & certainly not disappointed. We ordered 2 small plates( Thai fish cakes &chicken Satay) both were really tasty(the peanut dip was excellent). Then for mains we had pad Thai & a beef teriyaki noodles. The mains portions were pretty big, struggled to finish it all but it was very tasty. Drinks were a bit expensive(but expected for city centre Edinburgh). Staff were very nice too. I'll definitely be going back. "
    Posted 10 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • VICTORIA said: "Food was fantastic but waiting time was horrific....
    I called to book with relatively little notice and was greeted with a very friendly member of staff who confirmed my table and advised that using my Taste Card wouldn't be a problem at all. When we actually arrived, it was fairly busy and 2 of the staff working seemed to know nothing about our booking. We were left standing while they checked with a further staff member (who I'm assuming was the person I'd spoken to on the phone originally) and were eventually shown to a table. We asked for a booth and were taken to what I can only describe as a tray sized table crammed in next to 2 other couples. There was almost no room for us to even take our coats off for fear of hitting another diner in the face in the process.... VERY CRAMPED and absolutely roasting hot. We were sweating just sitting there! Our drinks order was taken relatively quickly but staff forgot about our food order and after 20mins we had to head back to the bar to alert someone to the fact that we still hadn't ordered. While waiting on our starters we were brought the wrong meals twice, which, both times, turned out to belong to other diners. The same happened with our mains with it taking 1hr and 15mins for our mains to arrive after we'd finished our starters. Again we were brought the incorrect meals several times prior to this. The staff just didn't have a clue (with the exception of Liam who seemed to be the only member of staff actually doing anything! He was VERY helpful and apologetic which was much appreciated after 2 hours of messy service from everyone else!) Don't get me wrong, the food itself was AMAZING and ordinarily I'd be dying to return, especially given the fantastic discount when using my Taste Card, but was it worth waiting over 2hrs for, at 6pm on a Tuesday? To be frank... no, not really. If Bar Soba sort out their waiting times and hapless staff I'd be first in line for a table! "
    Posted 11 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Lovely food good staff "
    Posted 1 year, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jason said: "Fantastic food
    We loved or experience of Bar Soba, the quality of the food was excellent and faultless, we found the bench style seating a bit weird to start with but got used to it very quickly, atmosphere was good but there could have been a bit of music playing in the back ground, service was good bit sometimes felt a bit rushed at times, we will definitely be visiting again soon as there was other items on the menu we wanted to try. Overall we had a fantastic time and it started our night of perfectly. :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Very Good!
    Very pleasant and fast service despite being busy on a Wed evening. Nice food (the Small Platters), and a very good price with the Tastecard. At the time of our visit it was 2for1 on all courses. I recommend Bar Soba. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sue said: "Great food
    Great food, friendly service, free wifi........whats not to like! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Col said: "Great Food And Service But Wouldn't Take Card At First
    Food was delicious ,we both had noodle dishes , great . Girl that served us was really nice , thanks .
    Would not accept card , manager claiming they don't do Tastecard anymore . That after being on only 30 days or so . Think he was at it . Finally got to use it though when we insisted . Beware ! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall