tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 4 peopleBooking requiredAvailable December
The Olde Bell image
The Olde Bell image
The Olde Bell image
The Olde Bell image
The Olde Bell image

50% off at The Olde Bell

The Olde Bell is a unique establishment and one of the oldest inns in the world.

Serving produce from the inn’s own kitchen garden, this award winning restaurant is a haven for foodies with a commitment to honest, locally sourced food. The dining room is neutral and warm yet brought to life by fascinating trinkets and wonderful soft Welsh woollen blankets, making it a sanctuary for weary travellers in need of some respite.

The aim of the kitchen staff is to provide simple yet rustic fantastic food making sure you experience some of the finest eating and drinking in Berkshire.

With a menu that is devised to reflect the best produce from each of the seasons, guests can look forward to a mouth watering choice of dishes, from old time favourites to lighter, more delicate options that will satisfy the most sophisticated of palates! The use of organic produce is key to the quality of their menus and foodies with a passion for simple living will savour the glorious fruit and vegetable that is grown less than 30 feet from the dining room, in the Kitchen Garden.

Maximum 1 card per party. Parties may not be split to use additional tastecard memberships.

Important Information

Please note: The tastecard discount is not available on set menus. The tastecard discount is not available on Bank Holidays or Celebration Days. These include, but are not limited to Valentine’s Day, Mothering Sunday, Father’s Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

View all reviews
The Olde Bell
Average member score
3.2 4
Diner rating
Excellent
0
Very good
2
Good
1
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Kmb said "Sunday Lunch Disappointing
Arrived at 1pm for Sunday lunch to be told only one lamb shank left and NO roast chicken, so you..."
Read more
Toby said
" Lovely setting and food very good"
Read more
KB said
" Good food, service was a bit slow, young waiter had not been trained properly as he kept taking..."
Read more
M said "Lovely Dinner
We very much enjoyed our dinner. Nice atmosphere and lovely food."
Read more
  • Kmb said: "Sunday Lunch Disappointing
    Arrived at 1pm for Sunday lunch to be told only one lamb shank left and NO roast chicken, so you had choice of Beef or Vegi meal! I ordered soup but I think the chef had an argument with the salt as that's all it tasted of! So that went back! The service was terrible and they had a cheek to add a service charge to the bill; we asked for this to be removed. This place has gone down hill since our last visit, shame ☹️ "
    Posted 2 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Toby said:
    " Lovely setting and food very good "
    Posted 9 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KB said:
    " Good food, service was a bit slow, young waiter had not been trained properly as he kept taking the plates of food to wrong tables, he didn't know the difference between steak and lamb! Not his fault but the managers fault. The head waiter/manager spoke with a too loud voice and needs to learn to turn the volume down! But all in all the food was great "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said: "Lovely Dinner
    We very much enjoyed our dinner. Nice atmosphere and lovely food. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Kmb said: "Sunday Lunch Disappointing
    Arrived at 1pm for Sunday lunch to be told only one lamb shank left and NO roast chicken, so you had choice of Beef or Vegi meal! I ordered soup but I think the chef had an argument with the salt as that's all it tasted of! So that went back! The service was terrible and they had a cheek to add a service charge to the bill; we asked for this to be removed. This place has gone down hill since our last visit, shame ☹️ "
    Posted 2 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Toby said:
    " Lovely setting and food very good "
    Posted 9 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KB said:
    " Good food, service was a bit slow, young waiter had not been trained properly as he kept taking the plates of food to wrong tables, he didn't know the difference between steak and lamb! Not his fault but the managers fault. The head waiter/manager spoke with a too loud voice and needs to learn to turn the volume down! But all in all the food was great "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said: "Lovely Dinner
    We very much enjoyed our dinner. Nice atmosphere and lovely food. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall