tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleAvailable December
Indian Ocean image
Indian Ocean image
Indian Ocean image

2 for 1 at Indian Ocean

Found next to Heaton Park in the northern reaches of Manchester, award winning Asian restaurant Indian Ocean has been delighting curry-lovers ever since its inception in 1993.

The spacious, family friendly eatery has managed to marry the Indian and Pakistani cuisines to perfection and has long been recognised as one of the UK’s top ten Indian restaurants.

The kitchen team has been developed by combining the best local Indian chefs with some of the most talented from the Indian subcontinent, and this is clearly represented in the creation of a fabulously authentic and delectable menu that offers the best and most unique flavours and spices that the area has to offer.

There is so much on Indian Ocean's menu to choose from, it almost seems prudent to have a game plan in mind before visiting. Even the starters list will leave a diner toiling, with a multitude of possibilities that include a host of tandoori platters, the classic onion bhaji, and their twist on a prawn cocktail. These are nothing compared to the mains, which will leave even the hardened curry fan wrinkling their brow and taking a second look to ponder more over what to choose. With choices that range from the traditional – in the form of the Madras and to the Vindaloo – to the house specials – which include a Jalfrezi, a Tikka Masala, and the super-hot Afghani. Not into Asian food? That’s no problem, as Indian Ocean also provide a selection of continental dishes, including tempting steak options and a succulent plate of sea bass.

The Indian Ocean philosophy is to mix the highest quality ingredients with perfect service and a welcoming atmosphere – and that couldn’t be more true – with an ambience that is ideal for any celebration.

View all reviews
Indian Ocean
Average member score
5.0 8
Diner rating
Excellent
8
Very good
0
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Chris said "Try This Place
Can't fault the place !every thing bang on excellent food really!It gets a 10 from len!"
Read more
Alan said
" Still great food but now the correct facebook page."
Read more
Alan said "EXCEPTIONAL
In all ways superb. From the welcome to the Baileys to finish, a great eating experience. Be..."
Read more
Richard said "Awesome!
I had a beautiful meal that was fresh and tasty that had a home cooked feel to it. I would..."
Read more
CAROL said "Great food
Ate here on a Friday night, didn't pre-book and no problem using the card. Excellent food..."
Read more
Mark said "Bang On !
Great food , great service , friendly staff and a decent pint !!! , do you need anything more ???"
Read more
NICHOLAS said "Excellent
Highly recommended"
Read more
NICHOLAS said "Excellent
Perfect place to eat. Food is amazing and staff are excellent. Will definately be visiting more..."
Read more
  • Chris said: "Try This Place
    Can't fault the place !every thing bang on excellent food really!It gets a 10 from len! "
    Posted 1 month, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alan said:
    " Still great food but now the correct facebook page. "
    Posted 1 month, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alan said: "EXCEPTIONAL
    In all ways superb. From the welcome to the Baileys to finish, a great eating experience. Be aware when you click on the web site from taste card you get a different restaurant. "
    Posted 2 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said: "Awesome!
    I had a beautiful meal that was fresh and tasty that had a home cooked feel to it. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and would definitely eat here again. Staff are also very friendly and welcoming. "
    Posted 4 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CAROL said: "Great food
    Ate here on a Friday night, didn't pre-book and no problem using the card. Excellent food and friendly polite staff. Would recommend. "
    Posted 6 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said: "Bang On !
    Great food , great service , friendly staff and a decent pint !!! , do you need anything more ??? "
    Posted 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • NICHOLAS said: "Excellent
    Highly recommended "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • NICHOLAS said: "Excellent
    Perfect place to eat. Food is amazing and staff are excellent. Will definately be visiting more often. :-). "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Chris said: "Try This Place
    Can't fault the place !every thing bang on excellent food really!It gets a 10 from len! "
    Posted 1 month, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alan said:
    " Still great food but now the correct facebook page. "
    Posted 1 month, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alan said: "EXCEPTIONAL
    In all ways superb. From the welcome to the Baileys to finish, a great eating experience. Be aware when you click on the web site from taste card you get a different restaurant. "
    Posted 2 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said: "Awesome!
    I had a beautiful meal that was fresh and tasty that had a home cooked feel to it. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and would definitely eat here again. Staff are also very friendly and welcoming. "
    Posted 4 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CAROL said: "Great food
    Ate here on a Friday night, didn't pre-book and no problem using the card. Excellent food and friendly polite staff. Would recommend. "
    Posted 6 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said: "Bang On !
    Great food , great service , friendly staff and a decent pint !!! , do you need anything more ??? "
    Posted 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • NICHOLAS said: "Excellent
    Highly recommended "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • NICHOLAS said: "Excellent
    Perfect place to eat. Food is amazing and staff are excellent. Will definately be visiting more often. :-). "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall