tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredAvailable December
Karbon Grill Restaurant at Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland image
Karbon Grill Restaurant at Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland image

50% off at Karbon Grill Restaurant at Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland

Found right next to the Stadium of Light in the northern reaches of Sunderland is the charming Hilton Garden Inn, an ideal spot for both weary travellers and hungry customers.

Now accepting the tastecard, members who call in advance can enjoy everything at the delightful Karbon Grill at an incredible price.

The menu is awash with internationally inspired flavours, the likes of which cover bases from American to Italian, British to French, and beyond.

Kick start the appetite with one of the scrumptious starters, such as the irresistible Karbon’s Tennessee Glazed Ribs, slow cooked with a Tennessee style marinade and paired with spiced corn, the delectable Maryland crab cakes, pan fried with fresh, locally sourced crab and a Cajun style mayonnaise, and the eclectic Share and Tear Platter, an enticing ensemble of garlic bread, cheese and pickle bites, onion rings and more.

Those seeking a little more sustenance can find plenty on the main course to consider, with dishes ranging from both healthy and hearty. Particularly merit worthy meals include the gargantuan 32oz Tomahawk ribeye steak, locally sourced from grass fed farms and best tackled in tandem with another diner, the refreshing seared tuna salad, tossed with baby spinach, pomegranate seeds and confit beetroot, and the sumptuous spinach and ricotta artisan ravioli, homemade with a fresh basil and tomato sauce.

Any diner besieged by a sweet tooth will also find some divine desserts available, as well as a specially crafted menu for the kids, providing plenty to please each and every palate that visits, regardless of whether they’re staying overnight or simply passing through the area.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on match days.

View all reviews
Karbon Grill Restaurant at Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland
Average member score
4.2 5
Diner rating
Excellent
3
Very good
1
Good
0
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Dugdale said "Compliments To The Chef
Had a wonderful steak at karbon grill melt in the mouth beautifully cooked compliments to the chef"
Read more
Dan said "Superb
Top service, gorgeous food!"
Read more
Carrie-ann said "nice service bad food
very glossy restaurant with friendly service but food awful had the karbon sharer the meatballs..."
Read more
Carolyn said
" Celebrated a birthday. Food very good and ambience great. Would return."
Read more
Sam said
" Fantastic."
Read more
  • Dugdale said: "Compliments To The Chef
    Had a wonderful steak at karbon grill melt in the mouth beautifully cooked compliments to the chef "
    Posted 1 month, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dan said: "Superb
    Top service, gorgeous food! "
    Posted 2 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carrie-ann said: "nice service bad food
    very glossy restaurant with friendly service but food awful had the karbon sharer the meatballs were not cooked the chicken was dry and tasted off the sweetcorn relish was awful the dips were bottled and the lamb was tender but dry. Add to this £8.50 for a glass of wine and a pretty awful experience to be honest. We would not return even for 50% off sorry! "
    Posted 2 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carolyn said:
    " Celebrated a birthday. Food very good and ambience great. Would return. "
    Posted 2 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sam said:
    " Fantastic. "
    Posted 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Dugdale said: "Compliments To The Chef
    Had a wonderful steak at karbon grill melt in the mouth beautifully cooked compliments to the chef "
    Posted 1 month, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dan said: "Superb
    Top service, gorgeous food! "
    Posted 2 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carrie-ann said: "nice service bad food
    very glossy restaurant with friendly service but food awful had the karbon sharer the meatballs were not cooked the chicken was dry and tasted off the sweetcorn relish was awful the dips were bottled and the lamb was tender but dry. Add to this £8.50 for a glass of wine and a pretty awful experience to be honest. We would not return even for 50% off sorry! "
    Posted 2 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carolyn said:
    " Celebrated a birthday. Food very good and ambience great. Would return. "
    Posted 2 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sam said:
    " Fantastic. "
    Posted 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall