tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Mandarin Thai Siam image
Mandarin Thai Siam image
Mandarin Thai Siam image

2 for 1 at Mandarin Thai Siam

Mandarin Restaurant welcomes you to their restaurant where they serve the best Chinese cuisine in Newcastle!

Relax in the warm welcoming atmosphere where you could even join them for pre and post theatre dining making the Mandarin an ideal place to start or finish your night off.

Visit them and try some of their delicious Chinese food!

Important Information

Please note : tastecard must be mentioned at the time of booking, failure to do so may result in the discount not being honoured - The 241 discount is only available for bookings of 2 people at any one time.

View all reviews
Mandarin Thai Siam
Average member score
3.5 6
Diner rating
Excellent
2
Very good
1
Good
2
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
" A little cold in the restaurant and we were the only ones in but food was great and the deal was..."
Read more
Jassim said "Extremely rude and unhelpful staff
As a couple we arrived at mandarin and were given a table for 2 however at this table there was a..."
Read more
Jonny said "Nice Food
Pre booked at went on a Thursday night, the service, food and price was excellent. Nothing to..."
Read more
Sc said
" Awful food. Avoid"
Read more
joan said "WELL WORTH A VISIT
Never had any cause for complaint . Food is always excellent, as is the service. Always made to..."
Read more
Rebecca said "Lovely chinese food!
We hadn't been to the Mandarin for a number of years but decided to give it a go as we..."
Read more
"Our 2nd visit in three weeks. Tried Chinese menu this visit and it is as impressive as Thai menu..."
Read more
  • " A little cold in the restaurant and we were the only ones in but food was great and the deal was good. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jassim said: "Extremely rude and unhelpful staff
    As a couple we arrived at mandarin and were given a table for 2 however at this table there was a flickering spotlight directly above us. It was very difficult to ignore as it flickered on my partners face and on the menus and tableware. When we asked the staff to move us (restaurant was very quiet) they responded "No" with no apology or explanation as to why we could not be reseated. At this point we stood up and left and went for a wonderful meal at Tiger Tiger to which we found the service and food amazing. We will never be returning to the mandarin. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jonny said: "Nice Food
    Pre booked at went on a Thursday night, the service, food and price was excellent. Nothing to complain about here, just good honest Chinese and Thai food. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sc said:
    " Awful food. Avoid "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • joan said: "WELL WORTH A VISIT
    Never had any cause for complaint . Food is always excellent, as is the service. Always made to feel welcome "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rebecca said: "Lovely chinese food!
    We hadn't been to the Mandarin for a number of years but decided to give it a go as we wanted Chinese food and there are very few Chinese restaurants that accept the tastecard. We were very pleased that we did give the Mandarin a go as the food was excellent - as good as we've had in any of the other restaurants on Stowell Street in recent years. The service was very good too. We will definitely be back! "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 4 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Our 2nd visit in three weeks. Tried Chinese menu this visit and it is as impressive as Thai menu Same great service and attention as on previous visit. I can recommend the Mandarin for a Thai or Chinese meal Michael "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 19 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • " A little cold in the restaurant and we were the only ones in but food was great and the deal was good. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jassim said: "Extremely rude and unhelpful staff
    As a couple we arrived at mandarin and were given a table for 2 however at this table there was a flickering spotlight directly above us. It was very difficult to ignore as it flickered on my partners face and on the menus and tableware. When we asked the staff to move us (restaurant was very quiet) they responded "No" with no apology or explanation as to why we could not be reseated. At this point we stood up and left and went for a wonderful meal at Tiger Tiger to which we found the service and food amazing. We will never be returning to the mandarin. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jonny said: "Nice Food
    Pre booked at went on a Thursday night, the service, food and price was excellent. Nothing to complain about here, just good honest Chinese and Thai food. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sc said:
    " Awful food. Avoid "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • joan said: "WELL WORTH A VISIT
    Never had any cause for complaint . Food is always excellent, as is the service. Always made to feel welcome "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rebecca said: "Lovely chinese food!
    We hadn't been to the Mandarin for a number of years but decided to give it a go as we wanted Chinese food and there are very few Chinese restaurants that accept the tastecard. We were very pleased that we did give the Mandarin a go as the food was excellent - as good as we've had in any of the other restaurants on Stowell Street in recent years. The service was very good too. We will definitely be back! "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 4 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Our 2nd visit in three weeks. Tried Chinese menu this visit and it is as impressive as Thai menu Same great service and attention as on previous visit. I can recommend the Mandarin for a Thai or Chinese meal Michael "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 19 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review