tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredDecember restriction
View Menu
The Chancery image
The Chancery image

50% off at The Chancery

A hidden gem in the Temple dining scene, The Chancery offers diners an elegant and contemporary venue from which to enjoy a wealth of modern dishes.

Now accepting the tastecard, members who call in advance can enjoy everything on the eclectic menu at an incredible price, providing the perfect excuse to indulge in a little extra.

Tantalise the taste buds with one of the sublime starters, such as the heavenly Onsen Egg, complete with Perigord truffles, and the rich foie gras, paired with pear and brioche. Continue onto the rich selection of mains, which consist of a concise list of resplendent options.

A mere handful of these delicacies include the sumptuous monkfish, served with mussels and fennel, and the succulent 30 day aged fillet steak, finished with shallots and Jerusalem artichoke. There’s also a selection of heavenly desserts and delightful cheese selections to conclude the meal with, should the occasion merit sampling something from all three incredible courses.

An ideal spot for a special occasion with loved ones, The Chancery serves an opulent restaurant for those times when only the best will do.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available throughout December or on Bank Holidays.

View all reviews
The Chancery
Average member score
4.7 7
Diner rating
Excellent
6
Very good
0
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
George said "Amazing Food
Great food great service"
Read more
Reka said "THE BEST
The best words for THE CHANCERY: the English "perfect" and "perfection"; the..."
Read more
McrisH said "Thanks for lovely evening
This review is much the same as all the others.
We booked a last minute table before..."
Read more
Linda said "Excellent
Truly excellent. I don't think I have ever had such a good value for money meal. The..."
Read more
LR said "Excellent evening: great food, great wine, great service
I have now been to The Chancery twice (in fairly rapid succession) with my tastecard, and both..."
Read more
Brian said
" Overall: Very good quality of food and services, especially with the discount.

..."
Read more
Maria said "Lovely food but small portions & slightly unattentive service
I have been to the chancery about 8 times since I got my first tastecard and have introduced many..."
Read more
"What a nice little restaurant with such accommodating staff. We were going to see Derren Brown..."
Read more
"This place has become a real gem in the area. Food is definitely consistently very good, a warm..."
Read more
"the food was excellent and great service. Its on the Guide Michelin 2012 too!Good to know for..."
Read more
"Starter of Rabbit 10/10 Main of Fillet Steak 10/10 Dessert Choc Cornet 1/10 Overall,..."
Read more
"Absolutely stunning meal with great service. Will definitely be back again. Probably a lot! Karen"
Read more
"My second meal at The Chancery, and it was as good as the first. The food was delicious and..."
Read more
"Visited 'The Chancery' last night and the service was 10/10 It made the evening very..."
Read more
"My most visited taste restaurant by far! We just can't resist the chancery! Although the..."
Read more
"Went here as a group of 5 for my sister's birthday. To say the least - the restaurant, the..."
Read more
"The best restaurant I've been to in London!! I enjoyed the experience from start to finish...."
Read more
"This restaurant should have a Michellin star, from the food to the services and the dining decor..."
Read more
"This restaurant is what makes tastecard so great. The whole experience was superb. The staff were..."
Read more
"AMAZING! Anna"
Read more
"  05.08.10     We visited The Chancery last night and had a superb evening...."
Read more
"I have been there twice with some teams from work and both times we have all been totally blown..."
Read more
"My boyfriend and I went there the other week on a Wednesday night, it felt like there wasn't..."
Read more
"Without a doubt, one of the very best on Taste. Go there. Nick"
Read more
"Went here on a Friday night with 2 friends. Initially I felt as if it didn't have much..."
Read more
"I went to Chancery for my girlfriends birthday and I have to say that the food is fantastic value..."
Read more
"I've used my taste london card for The Chancery twice now and each time has been amazing...."
Read more
"A group of us went here for my birthday last week. It was a really lovely evening. The food was..."
Read more
"My colleagues and I visited last Fiday. The fixed price menu gave a wide choice - too many mouth..."
Read more
"really good, enjoyed my meal thoroughly, the service was top notch."
Read more
"Had dinner here on a thursday night. Clearly a popular restaurant as most tables were filled. The..."
Read more
  • George said: "Amazing Food
    Great food great service "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Reka said: "THE BEST
    The best words for THE CHANCERY: the English "perfect" and "perfection"; the French "parfait" and "perfection"; the Italian "perfetto" and "perfezione"; the Spanish "perfecto" and "perfección"; the Russian "совершенный" (sovyershenniy) and "совершенcтво" (sovyershenstvo); the Croatian and Serbian "savršen" and "savršenstvo"; the Czech "dokonalost"; the Slovak "dokonaly" and "dokonalost"; the Polish "doskonały" and "doskonałość."
    Zak and Sacha give an excellent professional customer service and the food quality is a 5 star. Simply the best :) . "
    Posted 3 years, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • McrisH said: "Thanks for lovely evening
    This review is much the same as all the others.
    We booked a last minute table before Christmas for parent's anniversary. Although restaurant was full with Christmas parties we did not feel we were an inconvenience.

    Great service - Attentive but not overbearing
    Food - Delicious and just the right amount
    Atmosphere - We were placed in a room away from party so could easily chat.
    Tastecard deal - excellent although I will still go back without it as the food was good value for money.

    Cannot fault any part of the experience at Chancery. Thanks again for helping us celebrate. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 11 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Linda said: "Excellent
    Truly excellent. I don't think I have ever had such a good value for money meal. The atmosphere was fab, the service very attentive and my main course (the gnocchi) was of particular fine quality. I would say that the food at its best was comparable to michelin starred places I have been to, and at its worst was still better than any meal I have had for the same price. An excellent evening, and recommend to all. Shame the location is not more accessible. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • LR said: "Excellent evening: great food, great wine, great service
    I have now been to The Chancery twice (in fairly rapid succession) with my tastecard, and both times have had a really good experience. The menu is interesting and inventive, well-cooked and beautifully presented (and ample); the wine list is varied, both in terms of selection and price; the service, on both occasions, was really good - friendly and attentive without being over familiar. I can't recommend it highly enough. "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 1 day ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brian said:
    " Overall: Very good quality of food and services, especially with the discount.

    For bread and butter, the seaweed butter is very refreshing and surprising. The creamy butter is very nice as well, but I personally preferred the seaweed butter.

    For starter, I had a rabbit baton with plums with carrot puree. The carrot puree was a suprise, where a bit of crème fraîche or white wine is added in to create that nice acidic kick. However, the rabbit baton I personally would prefer more plums in there. The acidic and sweet should complement the savory nice rabbit batton. And personally, I will saute/color my batton to create extra flavor. The plating is very nice and artistic. I will give it a 7/10

    The smoked Iberico Pork with bbq rib, creamed Savoy, pickled pear, heritage carrots and cracklingis is very nice as well. It has used a very ancient Nomadic cooking method, which it the pork is coated in apple orchard ashes, and smoked. very nice of contrast with the savoy cabbage. The crackling pork sin is also a very good texture contracts. The bbq ribs is alright, although it gives a variety, but i don't think it really matches with the dish. The carrot cream and prickled pear in my opinion is very nice for decoration, but I think the carrot can be flavoured with more sugar to create the strong contrast between the salty smoked Iberico Pork and the carrot puree. I will give iti a 7.5/10

    The dark chocolate and hazelnut tart with prunes, spiced rum jelly and crème fraîche sorbet is very creamy and rich. very very nice. but I would prefer a bit more tart, some nice short crust will complement nicely with the nice creamy dish but the hazelnut complemented nicely as well. The coffee biscuit/garnish is very very nice. The spiced rum jelly can have more of a kicked. The crème fraîche sorbet is alright, however, it doesn't quite match the dish, I think a lime sorbet, or orange sorbet might complement it better. Overall not bad dish, Will give it a 7.5/10

    For complementary dessert, we got a plate of chocolate. As it is free, I can't complain much about it, but the caramel chocolate is definitely a plus, although I personally found it the caramel too salty, but overall very good.

    I personally think that although "The Chancery" is currently Michelin recommended, however I believe it deserves a one star. "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Maria said: "Lovely food but small portions & slightly unattentive service
    I have been to the chancery about 8 times since I got my first tastecard and have introduced many friends to the restaurant. I was a little bit disappointed about my last visit when we were invited by a couple of friends for a meal. We were seated downstairs where we were assigned a waiter who seemed a bit under-trained and was also in charge of the bar so we were not on his priority list- we had to specifically ask for the bread as we were left waiting for a long time & even had to ask for a top up of the wine as our glasses were empty and the bottle wasn't on the table. The food was delicious as always, but again the portions seem to be getting smaller and smaller. In previous visit’s it was justified as we were given amuse bouche and pre-dessert to keep us happy but this time it felt like we were not getting the same special experience. Also the clams in one of the dishes had sand in it which wasn't too pleasant but I didn't have anyone to point this out to as there was no waiter in sight! Overall, food is good quality and well thought out but you only get a couple of bites to enjoy it and the service needs improving downstairs. "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "What a nice little restaurant with such accommodating staff. We were going to see Derren Brown and unbeknown to us they had opened their doors early to make sure we made the show. Unbeknown to them though I proposed to my partner and along with the excellent food and show we had just the perfect weekend. One thing I regret though is not leaving a tip. It is fair to say that after proposing myself and my fiancé’s heads were other places so maybe they will forgive me for that. Try this place if you get chance it’s a gem and will never me forgotten by us. Many thanks Julian & Jo "
    Posted 4 years, 10 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "This place has become a real gem in the area. Food is definitely consistently very good, a warm welcome and great service. With the tastecard it is probably the best value meal in London for the high quality one gets. Jonathan "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "the food was excellent and great service. Its on the Guide Michelin 2012 too!Good to know for Tastecard users: choose the 3-course menu (instead of the 2-course) you'll pay the same Al "
    Posted 5 years, 4 months, 18 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Starter of Rabbit 10/10 Main of Fillet Steak 10/10 Dessert Choc Cornet 1/10 Overall, food very good for the price as works out £17.50 for 3 courses. But bear in mind small portions and service charge added. Service was good to start with however when we pointed out there was an additional bottle of wine on bill the waitress was a bit funny. Personally wouldn’t rush to go back although the food is good for the price you pay. Julia "
    Posted 5 years, 5 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Absolutely stunning meal with great service. Will definitely be back again. Probably a lot! Karen "
    Posted 5 years, 7 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "My second meal at The Chancery, and it was as good as the first. The food was delicious and beautifully presented (braised pork belly and tiger prawns won especial raves), the service attentive without being overbearing and the ambience understated and relaxed. We thought that the complimentary amuse-bouche before the appetizers, and the palate-cleansing sorbet before dessert, were very nice touches.  Between the two visits, my partner and I have taken five foodie friends to the restaurant, and they've all pronounced themselves impressed! James Baer "
    Posted 5 years, 11 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Visited 'The Chancery' last night and the service was 10/10 It made the evening very enjoyable. Will visit again. Philip   "
    Posted 6 years, 5 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "My most visited taste restaurant by far! We just can't resist the chancery! Although the chef changed a few months ago the food remains delicious and innovative! Fantastic value with taste, which gives us the chance to splash out on some nice wine! Although the menu changes very frequently (evidence of a creative chef!) highlight dishes over the visits have been trio of pork, suckling pig, foie gras, duck with buckwheat noodles and not forgetting the chocolate desserts- the chocolate marquise and more recently the melting chocolate bombe! Service is great too! Maria   "
    Posted 6 years, 5 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Went here as a group of 5 for my sister's birthday. To say the least - the restaurant, the service and (most definitely) the food made her day perfect! None of us could help ourselves from having 3 courses – the food was impeccably cooked and simply mouth-watering. We received a complimentary shot of soup to begin with and a spoonful of sorbet before our coffees - lovely touch. All in all a fabulous evening - 5* from all 5 of us :) Can't wait to go back! Pat "
    Posted 6 years, 7 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "The best restaurant I've been to in London!! I enjoyed the experience from start to finish. The food was truly amazing and beautifully presented, staff are friendly and attentive, decor is simple yet stylish! I recommend the tune carpaccio for starter and the Sea bass risotto for main, it was to die for! I would recommend The Chancery to anyone and will definitely be going again! Thank you to all the staff at The Chancery! Mar "
    Posted 6 years, 9 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "This restaurant should have a Michellin star, from the food to the services and the dining decor everything was A1. The Australian master chef from Melbourne new his seasonal food and how it should be cooked, the floor manger and wait staff swept through the floor like they weren't even their.   If your looking for a special night out were the little things matter. Like when you go to the bathroom, then come back to your table and your napkin is refolded, sometimes its the small things that matter in a full dining experiences. My advice is to go to the chancery and experience the amazing dining experience for your self.   Many thanks again chancery for a great night. Aidan "
    Posted 6 years, 9 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "This restaurant is what makes tastecard so great. The whole experience was superb. The staff were both polite and accomodating and the service was spot on as we were never rushed but we never had to wait either - they were so good you didn't really notice them at all!  The food was lovely and the little additional extras a delight. Whether as a group or for a romantic evening this would be a fabulous choice. Michelle "
    Posted 6 years, 10 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "AMAZING! Anna "
    Posted 6 years, 10 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "  05.08.10     We visited The Chancery last night and had a superb evening. Our table was booked for 8pm and we arrived a little late but were made most welcome and were given plenty of time to choose our food, which took me some time as I could have eaten everything on the menu! Rafael was our waiter for the evening and his service was second to none. I had the Asparagus and Crab to start followed by the Sea Bass and finished off with the Poached Peaches. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. We were also provided with lovely bread and given an espresso cup of delicately seasoned Gazpacho to start and a tiny meringue and sorbet after the main course. All of this was made excellent value with the Taste offer and I look forward to visiting The Chancery again very soon! Highly recommended!!    Victoria "
    Posted 6 years, 11 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "I have been there twice with some teams from work and both times we have all been totally blown away! Amazing value and probably the best food you will get at that price bracket, in fact it is far superior to a lot of the more expensive restaurants you are likely to visit! I have yet to try the desserts due to time restrictions but I can vouch for the asparagus and crab salad, and the pork belly for starters and the cod, prawns, cockles and samphire is about as good as food comes! Shane "
    Posted 6 years, 11 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "My boyfriend and I went there the other week on a Wednesday night, it felt like there wasn't many tables in there but in a way that was nice. The staff were lovely and the food was fantastic we both enjoyed everything we had, couldn't fault it. Recommend highly!! Jo "
    Posted 7 years, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Without a doubt, one of the very best on Taste. Go there. Nick "
    Posted 7 years, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Went here on a Friday night with 2 friends. Initially I felt as if it didn't have much atmosphere and was a little disappointed. Luckily the food was really delicious and beautifully presented. Service was good. The extra 'amuse-bouche' was a nice touch. I LOVED my main of the trio of pork and also the souffle that came as part of my desert was very good. Dinner for the 3 of us with wine and service was £87. I left with a smile on my face. Sarah   "
    Posted 7 years, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "I went to Chancery for my girlfriends birthday and I have to say that the food is fantastic value for money even without the card! Everything we ordered on the menu was fantastic except perhaps the Bannana Bavrois which was maybe a little too limp. I might be being a bit critical because the rest of the money excelled and I would highly recommend going here. I will certainly be revisiting the Chancery. Thomas "
    Posted 7 years, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "I've used my taste london card for The Chancery twice now and each time has been amazing. The food, quite honestly, is both inspiring and delicious. The Exec chef is a genius and prepares food exactly how I'd expect from menu descriptions and seasons. The winter menu was awesome with a brilliant lamb and coco bean fricasse for example, but spring is even better - Trio of pork tasting is a real experience. Matt Allen "
    Posted 7 years, 1 month, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "A group of us went here for my birthday last week. It was a really lovely evening. The food was fabulous, very unique and tasty. The staff were attentive without being over the top. And the whole atmosphere was relaxed and enjoyable. I would highly recommend this place, especially for a special occassion. Helena "
    Posted 7 years, 3 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "My colleagues and I visited last Fiday. The fixed price menu gave a wide choice - too many mouth watering dishes to choose from! I particularly recommend the trio of pork - fabulous! The service was superb. We had a couple of bonues: two taster dishes. The food was beautifully cooked.  An enjoyable meal - we were all very happy! Nicole "
    Posted 7 years, 5 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "really good, enjoyed my meal thoroughly, the service was top notch. "
    Posted 8 years, 5 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Had dinner here on a thursday night. Clearly a popular restaurant as most tables were filled. The fixed price menu (£34.50 for 3 courses and coffee) was very good value. A couple of amuse bouches were given to get the juices going. Dinner for three with a good bottle of red, dessert wine and after the 50% discount came to about £125. Food excellent and a wide choice for each course. Three very happy people left satisfied. Recommended Stephen  "
    Posted 8 years, 5 months, 18 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • George said: "Amazing Food
    Great food great service "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Reka said: "THE BEST
    The best words for THE CHANCERY: the English "perfect" and "perfection"; the French "parfait" and "perfection"; the Italian "perfetto" and "perfezione"; the Spanish "perfecto" and "perfección"; the Russian "совершенный" (sovyershenniy) and "совершенcтво" (sovyershenstvo); the Croatian and Serbian "savršen" and "savršenstvo"; the Czech "dokonalost"; the Slovak "dokonaly" and "dokonalost"; the Polish "doskonały" and "doskonałość."
    Zak and Sacha give an excellent professional customer service and the food quality is a 5 star. Simply the best :) . "
    Posted 3 years, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • McrisH said: "Thanks for lovely evening
    This review is much the same as all the others.
    We booked a last minute table before Christmas for parent's anniversary. Although restaurant was full with Christmas parties we did not feel we were an inconvenience.

    Great service - Attentive but not overbearing
    Food - Delicious and just the right amount
    Atmosphere - We were placed in a room away from party so could easily chat.
    Tastecard deal - excellent although I will still go back without it as the food was good value for money.

    Cannot fault any part of the experience at Chancery. Thanks again for helping us celebrate. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 11 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Linda said: "Excellent
    Truly excellent. I don't think I have ever had such a good value for money meal. The atmosphere was fab, the service very attentive and my main course (the gnocchi) was of particular fine quality. I would say that the food at its best was comparable to michelin starred places I have been to, and at its worst was still better than any meal I have had for the same price. An excellent evening, and recommend to all. Shame the location is not more accessible. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • LR said: "Excellent evening: great food, great wine, great service
    I have now been to The Chancery twice (in fairly rapid succession) with my tastecard, and both times have had a really good experience. The menu is interesting and inventive, well-cooked and beautifully presented (and ample); the wine list is varied, both in terms of selection and price; the service, on both occasions, was really good - friendly and attentive without being over familiar. I can't recommend it highly enough. "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 1 day ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brian said:
    " Overall: Very good quality of food and services, especially with the discount.

    For bread and butter, the seaweed butter is very refreshing and surprising. The creamy butter is very nice as well, but I personally preferred the seaweed butter.

    For starter, I had a rabbit baton with plums with carrot puree. The carrot puree was a suprise, where a bit of crème fraîche or white wine is added in to create that nice acidic kick. However, the rabbit baton I personally would prefer more plums in there. The acidic and sweet should complement the savory nice rabbit batton. And personally, I will saute/color my batton to create extra flavor. The plating is very nice and artistic. I will give it a 7/10

    The smoked Iberico Pork with bbq rib, creamed Savoy, pickled pear, heritage carrots and cracklingis is very nice as well. It has used a very ancient Nomadic cooking method, which it the pork is coated in apple orchard ashes, and smoked. very nice of contrast with the savoy cabbage. The crackling pork sin is also a very good texture contracts. The bbq ribs is alright, although it gives a variety, but i don't think it really matches with the dish. The carrot cream and prickled pear in my opinion is very nice for decoration, but I think the carrot can be flavoured with more sugar to create the strong contrast between the salty smoked Iberico Pork and the carrot puree. I will give iti a 7.5/10

    The dark chocolate and hazelnut tart with prunes, spiced rum jelly and crème fraîche sorbet is very creamy and rich. very very nice. but I would prefer a bit more tart, some nice short crust will complement nicely with the nice creamy dish but the hazelnut complemented nicely as well. The coffee biscuit/garnish is very very nice. The spiced rum jelly can have more of a kicked. The crème fraîche sorbet is alright, however, it doesn't quite match the dish, I think a lime sorbet, or orange sorbet might complement it better. Overall not bad dish, Will give it a 7.5/10

    For complementary dessert, we got a plate of chocolate. As it is free, I can't complain much about it, but the caramel chocolate is definitely a plus, although I personally found it the caramel too salty, but overall very good.

    I personally think that although "The Chancery" is currently Michelin recommended, however I believe it deserves a one star. "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Maria said: "Lovely food but small portions & slightly unattentive service
    I have been to the chancery about 8 times since I got my first tastecard and have introduced many friends to the restaurant. I was a little bit disappointed about my last visit when we were invited by a couple of friends for a meal. We were seated downstairs where we were assigned a waiter who seemed a bit under-trained and was also in charge of the bar so we were not on his priority list- we had to specifically ask for the bread as we were left waiting for a long time & even had to ask for a top up of the wine as our glasses were empty and the bottle wasn't on the table. The food was delicious as always, but again the portions seem to be getting smaller and smaller. In previous visit’s it was justified as we were given amuse bouche and pre-dessert to keep us happy but this time it felt like we were not getting the same special experience. Also the clams in one of the dishes had sand in it which wasn't too pleasant but I didn't have anyone to point this out to as there was no waiter in sight! Overall, food is good quality and well thought out but you only get a couple of bites to enjoy it and the service needs improving downstairs. "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    8 out of 9 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "What a nice little restaurant with such accommodating staff. We were going to see Derren Brown and unbeknown to us they had opened their doors early to make sure we made the show. Unbeknown to them though I proposed to my partner and along with the excellent food and show we had just the perfect weekend. One thing I regret though is not leaving a tip. It is fair to say that after proposing myself and my fiancé’s heads were other places so maybe they will forgive me for that. Try this place if you get chance it’s a gem and will never me forgotten by us. Many thanks Julian & Jo "
    Posted 4 years, 10 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "This place has become a real gem in the area. Food is definitely consistently very good, a warm welcome and great service. With the tastecard it is probably the best value meal in London for the high quality one gets. Jonathan "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "the food was excellent and great service. Its on the Guide Michelin 2012 too!Good to know for Tastecard users: choose the 3-course menu (instead of the 2-course) you'll pay the same Al "
    Posted 5 years, 4 months, 18 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Starter of Rabbit 10/10 Main of Fillet Steak 10/10 Dessert Choc Cornet 1/10 Overall, food very good for the price as works out £17.50 for 3 courses. But bear in mind small portions and service charge added. Service was good to start with however when we pointed out there was an additional bottle of wine on bill the waitress was a bit funny. Personally wouldn’t rush to go back although the food is good for the price you pay. Julia "
    Posted 5 years, 5 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Absolutely stunning meal with great service. Will definitely be back again. Probably a lot! Karen "
    Posted 5 years, 7 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "My second meal at The Chancery, and it was as good as the first. The food was delicious and beautifully presented (braised pork belly and tiger prawns won especial raves), the service attentive without being overbearing and the ambience understated and relaxed. We thought that the complimentary amuse-bouche before the appetizers, and the palate-cleansing sorbet before dessert, were very nice touches.  Between the two visits, my partner and I have taken five foodie friends to the restaurant, and they've all pronounced themselves impressed! James Baer "
    Posted 5 years, 11 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Visited 'The Chancery' last night and the service was 10/10 It made the evening very enjoyable. Will visit again. Philip   "
    Posted 6 years, 5 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "My most visited taste restaurant by far! We just can't resist the chancery! Although the chef changed a few months ago the food remains delicious and innovative! Fantastic value with taste, which gives us the chance to splash out on some nice wine! Although the menu changes very frequently (evidence of a creative chef!) highlight dishes over the visits have been trio of pork, suckling pig, foie gras, duck with buckwheat noodles and not forgetting the chocolate desserts- the chocolate marquise and more recently the melting chocolate bombe! Service is great too! Maria   "
    Posted 6 years, 5 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Went here as a group of 5 for my sister's birthday. To say the least - the restaurant, the service and (most definitely) the food made her day perfect! None of us could help ourselves from having 3 courses – the food was impeccably cooked and simply mouth-watering. We received a complimentary shot of soup to begin with and a spoonful of sorbet before our coffees - lovely touch. All in all a fabulous evening - 5* from all 5 of us :) Can't wait to go back! Pat "
    Posted 6 years, 7 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "The best restaurant I've been to in London!! I enjoyed the experience from start to finish. The food was truly amazing and beautifully presented, staff are friendly and attentive, decor is simple yet stylish! I recommend the tune carpaccio for starter and the Sea bass risotto for main, it was to die for! I would recommend The Chancery to anyone and will definitely be going again! Thank you to all the staff at The Chancery! Mar "
    Posted 6 years, 9 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "This restaurant should have a Michellin star, from the food to the services and the dining decor everything was A1. The Australian master chef from Melbourne new his seasonal food and how it should be cooked, the floor manger and wait staff swept through the floor like they weren't even their.   If your looking for a special night out were the little things matter. Like when you go to the bathroom, then come back to your table and your napkin is refolded, sometimes its the small things that matter in a full dining experiences. My advice is to go to the chancery and experience the amazing dining experience for your self.   Many thanks again chancery for a great night. Aidan "
    Posted 6 years, 9 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "This restaurant is what makes tastecard so great. The whole experience was superb. The staff were both polite and accomodating and the service was spot on as we were never rushed but we never had to wait either - they were so good you didn't really notice them at all!  The food was lovely and the little additional extras a delight. Whether as a group or for a romantic evening this would be a fabulous choice. Michelle "
    Posted 6 years, 10 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "AMAZING! Anna "
    Posted 6 years, 10 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "  05.08.10     We visited The Chancery last night and had a superb evening. Our table was booked for 8pm and we arrived a little late but were made most welcome and were given plenty of time to choose our food, which took me some time as I could have eaten everything on the menu! Rafael was our waiter for the evening and his service was second to none. I had the Asparagus and Crab to start followed by the Sea Bass and finished off with the Poached Peaches. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. We were also provided with lovely bread and given an espresso cup of delicately seasoned Gazpacho to start and a tiny meringue and sorbet after the main course. All of this was made excellent value with the Taste offer and I look forward to visiting The Chancery again very soon! Highly recommended!!    Victoria "
    Posted 6 years, 11 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "I have been there twice with some teams from work and both times we have all been totally blown away! Amazing value and probably the best food you will get at that price bracket, in fact it is far superior to a lot of the more expensive restaurants you are likely to visit! I have yet to try the desserts due to time restrictions but I can vouch for the asparagus and crab salad, and the pork belly for starters and the cod, prawns, cockles and samphire is about as good as food comes! Shane "
    Posted 6 years, 11 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "My boyfriend and I went there the other week on a Wednesday night, it felt like there wasn't many tables in there but in a way that was nice. The staff were lovely and the food was fantastic we both enjoyed everything we had, couldn't fault it. Recommend highly!! Jo "
    Posted 7 years, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Without a doubt, one of the very best on Taste. Go there. Nick "
    Posted 7 years, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Went here on a Friday night with 2 friends. Initially I felt as if it didn't have much atmosphere and was a little disappointed. Luckily the food was really delicious and beautifully presented. Service was good. The extra 'amuse-bouche' was a nice touch. I LOVED my main of the trio of pork and also the souffle that came as part of my desert was very good. Dinner for the 3 of us with wine and service was £87. I left with a smile on my face. Sarah   "
    Posted 7 years, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "I went to Chancery for my girlfriends birthday and I have to say that the food is fantastic value for money even without the card! Everything we ordered on the menu was fantastic except perhaps the Bannana Bavrois which was maybe a little too limp. I might be being a bit critical because the rest of the money excelled and I would highly recommend going here. I will certainly be revisiting the Chancery. Thomas "
    Posted 7 years, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "I've used my taste london card for The Chancery twice now and each time has been amazing. The food, quite honestly, is both inspiring and delicious. The Exec chef is a genius and prepares food exactly how I'd expect from menu descriptions and seasons. The winter menu was awesome with a brilliant lamb and coco bean fricasse for example, but spring is even better - Trio of pork tasting is a real experience. Matt Allen "
    Posted 7 years, 1 month, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "A group of us went here for my birthday last week. It was a really lovely evening. The food was fabulous, very unique and tasty. The staff were attentive without being over the top. And the whole atmosphere was relaxed and enjoyable. I would highly recommend this place, especially for a special occassion. Helena "
    Posted 7 years, 3 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "My colleagues and I visited last Fiday. The fixed price menu gave a wide choice - too many mouth watering dishes to choose from! I particularly recommend the trio of pork - fabulous! The service was superb. We had a couple of bonues: two taster dishes. The food was beautifully cooked.  An enjoyable meal - we were all very happy! Nicole "
    Posted 7 years, 5 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "really good, enjoyed my meal thoroughly, the service was top notch. "
    Posted 8 years, 5 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Had dinner here on a thursday night. Clearly a popular restaurant as most tables were filled. The fixed price menu (£34.50 for 3 courses and coffee) was very good value. A couple of amuse bouches were given to get the juices going. Dinner for three with a good bottle of red, dessert wine and after the 50% discount came to about £125. Food excellent and a wide choice for each course. Three very happy people left satisfied. Recommended Stephen  "
    Posted 8 years, 5 months, 18 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review