the In 1897, the foundation stone for the new fire station was laid. It officially opened on Tuesday 22nd February 1898.
Flags flew, school children were given a half-holiday and people filled the streets to watch the celebrations. This was the biggest event the community had ever seen.
The first recorded paid fireman was Thomas Crisp who was paid £2 a week to maintain the fire engines. Thankfully for all concerned, the staff here are paid a little more than that.
During the Second World War, Brentford saw some of the most ferocious fires than at any other time. The Brentford Firemen's hard efforts were rewarded in 1943 with an award for "conspicuous contribution to the war effort".
Having served the community for over 67 years, Brentford fire station finally closed its doors in 1965. Almost forty years later it has been given a new look and image, whilst keeping some of its original features.
The Old Fire Station holds so much history and magic that Rod and his team are proud to open its doors once again to the public.
The Old Firestation is leading the way for things to come in West London's Brentford area. The lavish interior set in the graded/listed building houses three floors, offering a mixology bar with an extensive range of great drinks/cocktails and food, set in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, a restaurant serving the best of European and International cuisine and, to top it off, a function room for hire to cater for any occasion.
The Manager, Nem, also makes only the best cocktails and has recently won the Havana Club Cocktail competition in London for designing and making a Mojito with a twist. The delicious Mojito was served with basil and honey and secured him first place!
Please note: Only one card per party. Larger groups are welcome to dine but only 2 people will receive the discount on their meal.