tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Mangiamo image
Mangiamo image
Mangiamo image

2 for 1 at Mangiamo

Mangiamo is a succesfull Italian restaurant, established 12 years ago. Run for the past 12 years by Mr Vassilis Vassiliou, a Greek Cypriot who has an excellent history in the restaurant trade.

Mangiamo restaurant is located in the small Lancashire town of Darwen, between Blackburn and Bolton. Mangiamo is set in an excellent location for a pleasant drive across the rugged surroundings of the North Pennine Moors and provides a free customer car park and also plenty of free roadside parking outside.

The restaurant is able to cater for every occasion; from romantic meals to birthdays, weddings and christenings, hen nights and school proms. They have a fantastic menu featuring all the usual Italian favourites; delicious pasta and pizza dishes juxtaposed with succulent meat and fresh fish creations.

The Chefs are always looking to improve the menu and the restaurant staff are friendly and efficient; providing the perfect dining atmosphere. A warm welcome is always guaranteed at Mangiamo.

View all reviews
Mangiamo
Average member score
4.7 13
Diner rating
Excellent
9
Very good
4
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Patrick said "Magnifico
Very enjoyable with great food :-)"
Read more
Marjorie said "Fantastic
We did phone and book mentioning the taste card. Staff very friendly, food delicious. Definitely..."
Read more
Jason said "Highly Recommended
Best restaurant in Darwen, brilliant food and great atmosphere."
Read more
Billy said "Good meal.
My wife and i ate hear on a friday night(2/10/2015.It was really busy but we had no problem being..."
Read more
Bee said "Always Good
My friend and I went a few weeks ago and had a lovely meal we were both stuffed!!! I'm going..."
Read more
Lois said
" The food was lovely and the atmosphere very welcoming and warming"
Read more
Lee said
" Food is excellent and was very easy to use tastecard with very few questions asked.

..."
Read more
Paige said
" Brilliant place, food is lovely"
Read more
ROBIN said "Will definitely go again!
We phoned ahead on Friday night to book and mentioned Tastecard. No problem accepting booking...."
Read more
Danny said
" Food was just ok. Our waiter was really ignorant. I got a pint of carling and the mrs a coke,..."
Read more
Foodie said "Nice place :)
food great. nice place. easy to use tastecard. :-):-)going tonight again with 4 people.and two cards"
Read more
Clare said "Mrs D
Nice atmosphere and staff very friendly. Very nice food, especially dessert. Only criticism was..."
Read more
Linda said
" We have visited Mangiamos now on several occasions with our tastecard. All in all a great time..."
Read more
"My wife and I had a lovely meal at Mangiamo last Thursday night. The food was delicious and the..."
Read more
  • Patrick said: "Magnifico
    Very enjoyable with great food :-) "
    Posted 4 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marjorie said: "Fantastic
    We did phone and book mentioning the taste card. Staff very friendly, food delicious. Definitely coming back. Loved it. "
    Posted 7 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jason said: "Highly Recommended
    Best restaurant in Darwen, brilliant food and great atmosphere. "
    Posted 10 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Billy said: "Good meal.
    My wife and i ate hear on a friday night(2/10/2015.It was really busy but we had no problem being seated as we had booked.Using the tastecard was not a problem and the service was excellent.The food was really good and we will be returning very soon. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bee said: "Always Good
    My friend and I went a few weeks ago and had a lovely meal we were both stuffed!!! I'm going again tomorrow with 4 others for my friends birthday and we have 2 cards so looking forward to it again..
    Well done Vaz and your team "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lois said:
    " The food was lovely and the atmosphere very welcoming and warming "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said:
    " Food is excellent and was very easy to use tastecard with very few questions asked.

    Only qualm i have is that the food took a very long time to arrive ( like 25 mins for the starter) but it was packed out. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paige said:
    " Brilliant place, food is lovely "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 11 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ROBIN said: "Will definitely go again!
    We phoned ahead on Friday night to book and mentioned Tastecard. No problem accepting booking. It was busy and had a great atmosphere. Service was very friendly and quick despite how busy they were. The Tastecard discount was explained to us clearly before we ordered. We both had steak which was beautiful! They have some good 2 & 3 course deals during the week anyway but we wanted to make the most of our Tastecard so ate from the A la Carte menu. When it can to paying the discount was calculated and deducted from the bill without question. We saved £27! It's a bit further than we would usually travel but well worth the visit. We had a great night overall and plan to go back in a few weeks. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 16 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Danny said:
    " Food was just ok. Our waiter was really ignorant. I got a pint of carling and the mrs a coke, which were both flat. It were ok but won't be in a hurry to return "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Foodie said: "Nice place :)
    food great. nice place. easy to use tastecard. :-):-)going tonight again with 4 people.and two cards "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Clare said: "Mrs D
    Nice atmosphere and staff very friendly. Very nice food, especially dessert. Only criticism was that the restaurant was cold, could have done with the heating on, on a cold evening!! "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Linda said:
    " We have visited Mangiamos now on several occasions with our tastecard. All in all a great time has been had. Great service, friendly and fun, very good food and warm atmosphere. Try it.It's good. "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "My wife and I had a lovely meal at Mangiamo last Thursday night. The food was delicious and the house red was delightful. We started with the Mangiamo's mixed platter that had a combination of hot and cold foods including bruschetta, olives, salami, BBQ ribs and chicken wings. We then moved on to have a pizza each, both of which had plenty of topping. Finally we finished off with a sweet each from the specials board. The staff were attentive but not intrusive and there was a mix of music playing in the background. All in all a lovely atmosphere and good food. Michael "
    Posted 5 years, 5 months, 18 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Patrick said: "Magnifico
    Very enjoyable with great food :-) "
    Posted 4 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marjorie said: "Fantastic
    We did phone and book mentioning the taste card. Staff very friendly, food delicious. Definitely coming back. Loved it. "
    Posted 7 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jason said: "Highly Recommended
    Best restaurant in Darwen, brilliant food and great atmosphere. "
    Posted 10 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Billy said: "Good meal.
    My wife and i ate hear on a friday night(2/10/2015.It was really busy but we had no problem being seated as we had booked.Using the tastecard was not a problem and the service was excellent.The food was really good and we will be returning very soon. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bee said: "Always Good
    My friend and I went a few weeks ago and had a lovely meal we were both stuffed!!! I'm going again tomorrow with 4 others for my friends birthday and we have 2 cards so looking forward to it again..
    Well done Vaz and your team "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lois said:
    " The food was lovely and the atmosphere very welcoming and warming "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said:
    " Food is excellent and was very easy to use tastecard with very few questions asked.

    Only qualm i have is that the food took a very long time to arrive ( like 25 mins for the starter) but it was packed out. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paige said:
    " Brilliant place, food is lovely "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 11 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ROBIN said: "Will definitely go again!
    We phoned ahead on Friday night to book and mentioned Tastecard. No problem accepting booking. It was busy and had a great atmosphere. Service was very friendly and quick despite how busy they were. The Tastecard discount was explained to us clearly before we ordered. We both had steak which was beautiful! They have some good 2 & 3 course deals during the week anyway but we wanted to make the most of our Tastecard so ate from the A la Carte menu. When it can to paying the discount was calculated and deducted from the bill without question. We saved £27! It's a bit further than we would usually travel but well worth the visit. We had a great night overall and plan to go back in a few weeks. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 16 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Danny said:
    " Food was just ok. Our waiter was really ignorant. I got a pint of carling and the mrs a coke, which were both flat. It were ok but won't be in a hurry to return "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Foodie said: "Nice place :)
    food great. nice place. easy to use tastecard. :-):-)going tonight again with 4 people.and two cards "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Clare said: "Mrs D
    Nice atmosphere and staff very friendly. Very nice food, especially dessert. Only criticism was that the restaurant was cold, could have done with the heating on, on a cold evening!! "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Linda said:
    " We have visited Mangiamos now on several occasions with our tastecard. All in all a great time has been had. Great service, friendly and fun, very good food and warm atmosphere. Try it.It's good. "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "My wife and I had a lovely meal at Mangiamo last Thursday night. The food was delicious and the house red was delightful. We started with the Mangiamo's mixed platter that had a combination of hot and cold foods including bruschetta, olives, salami, BBQ ribs and chicken wings. We then moved on to have a pizza each, both of which had plenty of topping. Finally we finished off with a sweet each from the specials board. The staff were attentive but not intrusive and there was a mix of music playing in the background. All in all a lovely atmosphere and good food. Michael "
    Posted 5 years, 5 months, 18 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review