tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
The Bar @ The Newby Bridge Hotel image

2 for 1 at The Bar @ The Newby Bridge Hotel

Directly overlooking Lake Windermere in five acres of lovely grounds, Newby Bridge Hotel is the perfect place to stay in the Lake District. The Newby Bridge Hotel has recently been extended and provides quality accommodation, roaring log fires, leisure facilities and a private jetty - not forgetting the good food.

Dining at the Newby Bridge Hotel is a real pleasure. Their menu changes daily and offers a wide choice, using locally grown fresh produce whenever possible, much of it from their own Victorian kitchen garden. They offer vegetarian options and have a special children's menu.

View all reviews
The Bar @ The Newby Bridge Hotel
Average member score
4.5 6
Diner rating
Excellent
3
Very good
3
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Stuart said
" Amazing food, staff and surroundings will be back soon."
Read more
Giddy said "Awesome Place To Have Dinner
We just had some fish and chips and trio sausages and it was amazing great presentation and full..."
Read more
THOMPSON said "LUNCH AT NEWBY BRIDGE
My wife and I are new to Tastecard. Some weeks ago we had a trial card which was usable for 28..."
Read more
A said
" We chose to eat in the bar as we just wanted a quick, low key meal. The Staff were very friendly..."
Read more
Beverley said "A great meal and a welcoming feel
We stayed in nearby Rusland and travelled to the bar at Newby Bridge for dinner. The food was..."
Read more
Fiona said
" We stayed at Newby Bridge Hotel as part of a Groupon deal and the first night's meal was..."
Read more
  • Stuart said:
    " Amazing food, staff and surroundings will be back soon. "
    Posted 5 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Giddy said: "Awesome Place To Have Dinner
    We just had some fish and chips and trio sausages and it was amazing great presentation and full of flavour.
    Staff were mega nice. "
    Posted 5 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • THOMPSON said: "LUNCH AT NEWBY BRIDGE
    My wife and I are new to Tastecard. Some weeks ago we had a trial card which was usable for 28 days but never got round to using it. However, a week or so ago our bankers (good old Natwest) sent us one each so we made a determined effort to try them out. We knew the Newby Bridge Hotel from their Sunday carvery some years ago but hadn't been for some considerable time so thought we would give them a go! What have we been missing! We rang on Monday evening to book and were politely told that there was no need to book as lunches were "bar service only", just tell us when you order that you are Tastecard clients so we can programme the till. We did this, no problems, and got stuck into a bottle, sorry, a litre, of wine. The bar service menu was a little restricted but we had no difficulty finding something we both liked. This was home made (honestly) carrot and coriander soup, haddock and chips, with an Italian salsa, and sticky toffee pudding for afters. In the event we forewent the sweet 'cos we were stuffed full. The total bill came to £31! Wine was £17 so I reckon the fish and chips cost us about £5 each (can't get them in a newspaper at the fish shop for that). Service was first class. A chatty barmaid looked after us, and took care of all our needs and answered all our questions, no problem.

    The Newby Bridge Hotel has an old fashioned (only way to describe it) oak panelled bar, with an open, roaring fire. An unbelievable atmosphere. I think we're gonna give the Tastecard some stick. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • A said:
    " We chose to eat in the bar as we just wanted a quick, low key meal. The Staff were very friendly and we had a good meal too. Shame about the cheeky child nearby, but that was not the restaurant's fault. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Beverley said: "A great meal and a welcoming feel
    We stayed in nearby Rusland and travelled to the bar at Newby Bridge for dinner. The food was excellent and presented well. Surroundings were cosy and the real fire was lovely. Highly recommended. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Fiona said:
    " We stayed at Newby Bridge Hotel as part of a Groupon deal and the first night's meal was included. The food was excellent, service was good. We decided to eat at the hotel the second night and again the food was excellent, unfortunately they did not ask how I wanted my lamb cooked and it was 'rare'. I sent it back and it was cooked to my liking and fresh vegetables arrived. They even included a free bottle of red wine. An excellent meal at an amazing price for three courses for £24.95 for two including wine. My only negative comment would be the portion sizes are quite small but fine for us as we normally do not eat three courses. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 17 days ago...
    7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Stuart said:
    " Amazing food, staff and surroundings will be back soon. "
    Posted 5 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Giddy said: "Awesome Place To Have Dinner
    We just had some fish and chips and trio sausages and it was amazing great presentation and full of flavour.
    Staff were mega nice. "
    Posted 5 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • THOMPSON said: "LUNCH AT NEWBY BRIDGE
    My wife and I are new to Tastecard. Some weeks ago we had a trial card which was usable for 28 days but never got round to using it. However, a week or so ago our bankers (good old Natwest) sent us one each so we made a determined effort to try them out. We knew the Newby Bridge Hotel from their Sunday carvery some years ago but hadn't been for some considerable time so thought we would give them a go! What have we been missing! We rang on Monday evening to book and were politely told that there was no need to book as lunches were "bar service only", just tell us when you order that you are Tastecard clients so we can programme the till. We did this, no problems, and got stuck into a bottle, sorry, a litre, of wine. The bar service menu was a little restricted but we had no difficulty finding something we both liked. This was home made (honestly) carrot and coriander soup, haddock and chips, with an Italian salsa, and sticky toffee pudding for afters. In the event we forewent the sweet 'cos we were stuffed full. The total bill came to £31! Wine was £17 so I reckon the fish and chips cost us about £5 each (can't get them in a newspaper at the fish shop for that). Service was first class. A chatty barmaid looked after us, and took care of all our needs and answered all our questions, no problem.

    The Newby Bridge Hotel has an old fashioned (only way to describe it) oak panelled bar, with an open, roaring fire. An unbelievable atmosphere. I think we're gonna give the Tastecard some stick. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • A said:
    " We chose to eat in the bar as we just wanted a quick, low key meal. The Staff were very friendly and we had a good meal too. Shame about the cheeky child nearby, but that was not the restaurant's fault. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Beverley said: "A great meal and a welcoming feel
    We stayed in nearby Rusland and travelled to the bar at Newby Bridge for dinner. The food was excellent and presented well. Surroundings were cosy and the real fire was lovely. Highly recommended. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Fiona said:
    " We stayed at Newby Bridge Hotel as part of a Groupon deal and the first night's meal was included. The food was excellent, service was good. We decided to eat at the hotel the second night and again the food was excellent, unfortunately they did not ask how I wanted my lamb cooked and it was 'rare'. I sent it back and it was cooked to my liking and fresh vegetables arrived. They even included a free bottle of red wine. An excellent meal at an amazing price for three courses for £24.95 for two including wine. My only negative comment would be the portion sizes are quite small but fine for us as we normally do not eat three courses. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 17 days ago...
    7 out of 7 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall