tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 4 peopleOnline bookingBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
View Menu
Olives Restaurant and Bar - London Kensington image
Olives Restaurant and Bar - London Kensington image
Olives Restaurant and Bar - London Kensington image
Olives Restaurant and Bar - London Kensington image
Olives Restaurant and Bar - London Kensington image

50% off at Olives Restaurant and Bar - London Kensington

Operating hours At Olives Restaurant are as Follows: -Monday-Sunday Lunch: 12pm-3pm, Monday-Saturday Dinner: 5.30pm-10.30pm, Sunday Dinner: 5.30pm-9.30pm, Sunday Brunch: 11am - 3pm, Pre-theatre: 3pm -7pm. Live Entertainment: Available weekly, currently every Wednesday and Thursday from 9pm

Olives Restaurant and Bar just off Gloucester Road in London's Kensington is an authentic Italian dining room which will delight lovers of Mediterranean food.

Full of quirky charm, Olives is at once both chic and rustic, decorated in deep blue and furnished with simple, clean lined furnishings. Mismatched chandeliers hang from the ceilings and behind the bar the fine produce you’ll soon be sampling is deliciously displayed. It's as if you're suddenly transported from South Kensington to southern Italy.

Italian-born chef Davide di Croce is at the helm in the Olives kitchen where he gives traditional Italian favourites his own unique twist using top quality ingredients.

Olives Restaurant staff are happy to accept bookings from tastecard members via email on info@olivesrestaurant.co.uk

Important Information

Please Note: The Olives Restaurant runs the following promotions which the tastecard discount cannot be used in conjunction with : 2 Course Lunch: £7.95 (Available from 12:00pm till 5:30pm) , Pre-theatre 2 Courses: £14.95 (Including 1/2 bottle house wine - £22.50) ,3 Courses: £17.95 (Including 1/2 bottle house wine - £25.50)

View all reviews
Olives Restaurant and Bar - London Kensington
Average member score
4.5 31
Diner rating
Excellent
21
Very good
7
Good
2
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
kathleen said "C'est Bon!
Tres bien"
Read more
Marco said "Always a pleasure Olives dinners
I've been at Olives several times now as I really enjoy the food and the amazing service...."
Read more
Italiano said "Good
Good price, location, great service, good food."
Read more
K said "Lovely
Delicious food and 10/10 for the waiter"
Read more
Dan said "Awesome
Great food and superb service!!"
Read more
Alexandra said
" Nice atmosphere but there is a limited choice of dishes to choose from and most include seafood..."
Read more
" The waitress we had yesterday lunch (12.01.16) was excellent and the food was very tasty, great..."
Read more
Mike said
" A very pleasant dining experience with excellent food and service."
Read more
Malcolm said "Tasty Italian with great service
Phoned on a Sunday to book a table for two for an early dinner. Reminded I should really give 24..."
Read more
Victoria said
" The food was absolutely delicious! With the tastecard it worked out cheaper than going to a..."
Read more
"Excellent Dinner
I went dining during the week and place was full then I understood why. Stuff is very..."
Read more
Kat said "Cracking Restaurant
Fantastic meal could not fault it. Seafood mixed grill was delicious!"
Read more
Red said
" Lovely"
Read more
KW said "Not Bad
Food and service was good, but not amazing. My GF loved her meal but I had the duck and it was..."
Read more
"Not Bad
Popped in for a quick lunch with the GF. Food was good, not amazing as was the service. All in..."
Read more
A.A said "Perfecto
Will come back !"
Read more
John said "an excellent afternoon lunch
We wanted a late lunch before going on to an evening show at the O2.

We arrived..."
Read more
Annabel said "Won't be going again
So my boyfriend and I went spontaneously to celebrate it being his birthday today.

..."
Read more
Alastair said "Really great value with tastecard
Had a great evening. Good food and service. Watch out for the service charge."
Read more
Bartosz said "Worth trying
The food wait time is a bit long but it's worth waiting. The lamb was tender and juicy and..."
Read more
Bartosz said "Worth trying
The food wait time is s bit long, especially that the restaurant was empty but it's with..."
Read more
" Lovely food and staff. Great location and atmosphere as well"
Read more
Garry said
" The food was top notch along with the service. The wine was very reasonbly priced and so the Tast..."
Read more
Alexandre said "Great!!
Really tasty italian foods with a great service. I will come back for sure!"
Read more
Les said
" Great food generously served and beatifully presented.
Staff with right balance of..."
Read more
John said "Excellent
Excellent food and service. It was a genuine Italian experience. Highly recommended."
Read more
Christine said "Poor service experience
I've lived in London for 20 years and NEVER left a negative review of a restaurant. This..."
Read more
David said "Really Good night
I had an early evening dinner with my daughter and found this restaurant to be excellent.
..."
Read more
Alison said "Tuesday, 5th March 2013
Had a meal last night, 5th March with 5 friends before going to a concert at the royal Albert..."
Read more
Miriam said
" Lovely food and very nice staff."
Read more
Agnes said
" The food was delicious and the atmosphere perfect for a nice dinner. People were extremely nice..."
Read more
"Had a fabulous meal last night at Olives on Gloucester Road. Fantastically friendly smiling..."
Read more
"Went to Olives prior to George Benson concert at Albert Hall. Absolutely delightful restaurant...."
Read more
"We thoroughly enjoyed our night at olives. We had six main courses between four people so that we..."
Read more
"We visited the restaurant this afternoon and had a great time, the service was fantastic and the..."
Read more
  • kathleen said: "C'est Bon!
    Tres bien "
    Posted 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marco said: "Always a pleasure Olives dinners
    I've been at Olives several times now as I really enjoy the food and the amazing service. Marta that usually is the waitress on my dinners, is great and makes everything easier and more enjoyable.
    Dishes are presented on an Italian fusion way and tasty.
    I'll advise this restaurant to everybody. "
    Posted 2 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Italiano said: "Good
    Good price, location, great service, good food. "
    Posted 3 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • K said: "Lovely
    Delicious food and 10/10 for the waiter "
    Posted 6 months, 28 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dan said: "Awesome
    Great food and superb service!! "
    Posted 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alexandra said:
    " Nice atmosphere but there is a limited choice of dishes to choose from and most include seafood which I am not very fond of.
    Small portions. No one checked on our table after the food was served.
    Food was okay.
    There is a service charge of 3.80 (the tastecard discount doesn't apply to this)
    of which we were not informed and which is not stated on the restaurant's tastecard page.
    Would not recommend. "
    Posted 8 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " The waitress we had yesterday lunch (12.01.16) was excellent and the food was very tasty, great location for the attractions in South Kensington "
    Posted 8 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said:
    " A very pleasant dining experience with excellent food and service. "
    Posted 9 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Malcolm said: "Tasty Italian with great service
    Phoned on a Sunday to book a table for two for an early dinner. Reminded I should really give 24 hours notice not mentioned on web site but that was only negative.

    Greeted in a friendly manner, our waiter was superb, advised on wine and provided a taste before we committed to a whole bottle.

    Food was very well presented, fresh tasting and delicious. We had three courses with the smoked trout starter and pasta and sea food being especially tasty and desserts, which we had not intended to order, were equally delicious with the pistachio tiramisu being of particular note.

    We intend to return again both with the Tastecard and separately for their lunch and dinner set menus which, although they offer a limited choice, look tasty and very well priced. "
    Posted 11 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Victoria said:
    " The food was absolutely delicious! With the tastecard it worked out cheaper than going to a really crummy place, but with 5 star food! The staff were super attentive but not pushy or over-friendly, glasses were refilled with water the second you finished etc. all in all a perfect meal! "
    Posted 1 year, 30 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Excellent Dinner
    I went dining during the week and place was full then I understood why. Stuff is very professional and very nice with customers. Food is tasty and with a very nice presentation. Back for sure. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 23 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kat said: "Cracking Restaurant
    Fantastic meal could not fault it. Seafood mixed grill was delicious! "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Red said:
    " Lovely "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KW said: "Not Bad
    Food and service was good, but not amazing. My GF loved her meal but I had the duck and it was nothing special. Saying that, with the taste card it was worth going too. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Not Bad
    Popped in for a quick lunch with the GF. Food was good, not amazing as was the service. All in all a pleasant meal. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • A.A said: "Perfecto
    Will come back ! "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said: "an excellent afternoon lunch
    We wanted a late lunch before going on to an evening show at the O2.

    We arrived early for our booking and were accepted without question in a nearly empty restaurant.

    The food was excellent and we were well looked after.

    Will certainly use again if we are in the area. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 1 day ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Annabel said: "Won't be going again
    So my boyfriend and I went spontaneously to celebrate it being his birthday today.

    We were greeted with some discomfort, with the woman expressing shock that we didn't have a reservation, even though the majority of tables were empty.

    The food and service from then on was okay. The food was nice, but nothing to jump about really.

    When it came to paying, we were informed that we could not use our tastecard as too many people had booked that day. We explained that we were new to tastecard, that it was my boyfriend's birthday, and that, as students, even at tastecard prices this was pushing our budget. The man simply restated the booking policy and said there was nothing he could do.

    Whilst I understand that this is the policy, you'd think they have some kind of empathy to both newbies and the whole birthday thing, but apparently not! Slightly confused who all these pre-booked tastecard tables were given the restaurant was empty...


    So although we had a nice meal, frankly we left feeling absolutely miserable and regretting that we didn't just go to Nandos. The tastecard, so far, has seemed more of a pain than a virtue. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alastair said: "Really great value with tastecard
    Had a great evening. Good food and service. Watch out for the service charge. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bartosz said: "Worth trying
    The food wait time is a bit long but it's worth waiting. The lamb was tender and juicy and the fish mixed grill delicious. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bartosz said: "Worth trying
    The food wait time is s bit long, especially that the restaurant was empty but it's with waiting. The lamb was very tender and the fish mixed grill is delicious. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Lovely food and staff. Great location and atmosphere as well "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Garry said:
    " The food was top notch along with the service. The wine was very reasonbly priced and so the Tast card really was good value. We will certainly use this restaurant again. Very pleased.
    Watch out for the 12.5% service charge when paying the bill. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 1 day ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alexandre said: "Great!!
    Really tasty italian foods with a great service. I will come back for sure! "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Les said:
    " Great food generously served and beatifully presented.
    Staff with right balance of frendlyness and effeciency
    Great start to evening at The Albert Hall.Would certainly reccommend and will certainly return ourselves "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 4 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said: "Excellent
    Excellent food and service. It was a genuine Italian experience. Highly recommended. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Christine said: "Poor service experience
    I've lived in London for 20 years and NEVER left a negative review of a restaurant. This time I feel I should. Whilst the food is OK, we had a negative experience at the end of our meal.
    The main issue was that when we paid for our meal and drinks, we left a tip of £7.45 - however 5p of that must have been lost on the way from our table to the till and the waiter came back to the table to ask for 5p! On a tip of over £7 (which is optional), he felt he had to ask for 5p which we had already provided anyway! I gave him the extra pennies and then asked if i could speak to him. I communicated at that point that I thought it was poor and unconventional to challenge customers for 5p of a tip which we had already paid and he said he'd come back to us. He never did. Then he said he'd come back again, which he never did.
    I think the waiting and management staff need to understand what 'customer experience' is and recognise that this is such poor service. When they did this to us, we understand that it was so petty given how much we'd spent at the restaurant and the hotel bar and on the way home we talked about it. It has such a negative impact on how you remember the meal. We are (were) regular customers here but I always had to persuade my husband to go as he's not too keen on Italian. I was such an advocate of this restaurant but I doubt we'll ever go back. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 19 days ago...
    7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Really Good night
    I had an early evening dinner with my daughter and found this restaurant to be excellent.

    A varied menu, good wine list and very good service. With the tastecard deal it made it fantastic value. I will definitely be going again. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 5 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alison said: "Tuesday, 5th March 2013
    Had a meal last night, 5th March with 5 friends before going to a concert at the royal Albert hall. Greeting, service and food excellent. Great start to the evening, could not fault anything, prompt but friendly service giving us plenty of time to enjoy our food without rushing to get to the concert and they wished us a pleasant evening when we left, all with 50% off 4 of the meals. I have been raving about it ever since. I am recommending this restaurant to all my friends (even though some of them don't have tastecard). We will definitely be going back there. Thanks, Alison. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 24 days ago...
    9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Miriam said:
    " Lovely food and very nice staff. "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Agnes said:
    " The food was delicious and the atmosphere perfect for a nice dinner. People were extremely nice and it was a pleasure to have dinner over there.

    I will certainly go back. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 10 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Had a fabulous meal last night at Olives on Gloucester Road. Fantastically friendly smiling staff, loved the interior, yummy red wine, starter and main were so fresh and tasty. Pity didn't have room for dessert!! Will certainly go back. Caroline "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Went to Olives prior to George Benson concert at Albert Hall. Absolutely delightful restaurant. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the food certainly lived up to expectations. Would definitely go back again. Danny "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "We thoroughly enjoyed our night at olives. We had six main courses between four people so that we can try multiple items. The quality of the food was extremely high throughout; the sea bream and lamb were my personal favourites. The service was impeccable and our charming Kenyan waiter exceeding himself in helpfulness as our table had many unusual demands, as inevitably arises when large scale sharing is attempted. A very highly recommended restaurant to which we look forward to returning. Elias "
    Posted 4 years, 11 months, 20 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "We visited the restaurant this afternoon and had a great time, the service was fantastic and the food was even better.  The presentation of the food was fabulous and with the attentive staff it made it that much nicer. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves fine dining. Sadia   "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • kathleen said: "C'est Bon!
    Tres bien "
    Posted 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marco said: "Always a pleasure Olives dinners
    I've been at Olives several times now as I really enjoy the food and the amazing service. Marta that usually is the waitress on my dinners, is great and makes everything easier and more enjoyable.
    Dishes are presented on an Italian fusion way and tasty.
    I'll advise this restaurant to everybody. "
    Posted 2 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Italiano said: "Good
    Good price, location, great service, good food. "
    Posted 3 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • K said: "Lovely
    Delicious food and 10/10 for the waiter "
    Posted 6 months, 28 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dan said: "Awesome
    Great food and superb service!! "
    Posted 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alexandra said:
    " Nice atmosphere but there is a limited choice of dishes to choose from and most include seafood which I am not very fond of.
    Small portions. No one checked on our table after the food was served.
    Food was okay.
    There is a service charge of 3.80 (the tastecard discount doesn't apply to this)
    of which we were not informed and which is not stated on the restaurant's tastecard page.
    Would not recommend. "
    Posted 8 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " The waitress we had yesterday lunch (12.01.16) was excellent and the food was very tasty, great location for the attractions in South Kensington "
    Posted 8 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said:
    " A very pleasant dining experience with excellent food and service. "
    Posted 9 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Malcolm said: "Tasty Italian with great service
    Phoned on a Sunday to book a table for two for an early dinner. Reminded I should really give 24 hours notice not mentioned on web site but that was only negative.

    Greeted in a friendly manner, our waiter was superb, advised on wine and provided a taste before we committed to a whole bottle.

    Food was very well presented, fresh tasting and delicious. We had three courses with the smoked trout starter and pasta and sea food being especially tasty and desserts, which we had not intended to order, were equally delicious with the pistachio tiramisu being of particular note.

    We intend to return again both with the Tastecard and separately for their lunch and dinner set menus which, although they offer a limited choice, look tasty and very well priced. "
    Posted 11 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Victoria said:
    " The food was absolutely delicious! With the tastecard it worked out cheaper than going to a really crummy place, but with 5 star food! The staff were super attentive but not pushy or over-friendly, glasses were refilled with water the second you finished etc. all in all a perfect meal! "
    Posted 1 year, 30 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Excellent Dinner
    I went dining during the week and place was full then I understood why. Stuff is very professional and very nice with customers. Food is tasty and with a very nice presentation. Back for sure. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 23 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kat said: "Cracking Restaurant
    Fantastic meal could not fault it. Seafood mixed grill was delicious! "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Red said:
    " Lovely "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KW said: "Not Bad
    Food and service was good, but not amazing. My GF loved her meal but I had the duck and it was nothing special. Saying that, with the taste card it was worth going too. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Not Bad
    Popped in for a quick lunch with the GF. Food was good, not amazing as was the service. All in all a pleasant meal. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • A.A said: "Perfecto
    Will come back ! "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said: "an excellent afternoon lunch
    We wanted a late lunch before going on to an evening show at the O2.

    We arrived early for our booking and were accepted without question in a nearly empty restaurant.

    The food was excellent and we were well looked after.

    Will certainly use again if we are in the area. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 1 day ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Annabel said: "Won't be going again
    So my boyfriend and I went spontaneously to celebrate it being his birthday today.

    We were greeted with some discomfort, with the woman expressing shock that we didn't have a reservation, even though the majority of tables were empty.

    The food and service from then on was okay. The food was nice, but nothing to jump about really.

    When it came to paying, we were informed that we could not use our tastecard as too many people had booked that day. We explained that we were new to tastecard, that it was my boyfriend's birthday, and that, as students, even at tastecard prices this was pushing our budget. The man simply restated the booking policy and said there was nothing he could do.

    Whilst I understand that this is the policy, you'd think they have some kind of empathy to both newbies and the whole birthday thing, but apparently not! Slightly confused who all these pre-booked tastecard tables were given the restaurant was empty...


    So although we had a nice meal, frankly we left feeling absolutely miserable and regretting that we didn't just go to Nandos. The tastecard, so far, has seemed more of a pain than a virtue. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alastair said: "Really great value with tastecard
    Had a great evening. Good food and service. Watch out for the service charge. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bartosz said: "Worth trying
    The food wait time is a bit long but it's worth waiting. The lamb was tender and juicy and the fish mixed grill delicious. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bartosz said: "Worth trying
    The food wait time is s bit long, especially that the restaurant was empty but it's with waiting. The lamb was very tender and the fish mixed grill is delicious. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Lovely food and staff. Great location and atmosphere as well "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Garry said:
    " The food was top notch along with the service. The wine was very reasonbly priced and so the Tast card really was good value. We will certainly use this restaurant again. Very pleased.
    Watch out for the 12.5% service charge when paying the bill. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 1 day ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alexandre said: "Great!!
    Really tasty italian foods with a great service. I will come back for sure! "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Les said:
    " Great food generously served and beatifully presented.
    Staff with right balance of frendlyness and effeciency
    Great start to evening at The Albert Hall.Would certainly reccommend and will certainly return ourselves "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 4 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said: "Excellent
    Excellent food and service. It was a genuine Italian experience. Highly recommended. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Christine said: "Poor service experience
    I've lived in London for 20 years and NEVER left a negative review of a restaurant. This time I feel I should. Whilst the food is OK, we had a negative experience at the end of our meal.
    The main issue was that when we paid for our meal and drinks, we left a tip of £7.45 - however 5p of that must have been lost on the way from our table to the till and the waiter came back to the table to ask for 5p! On a tip of over £7 (which is optional), he felt he had to ask for 5p which we had already provided anyway! I gave him the extra pennies and then asked if i could speak to him. I communicated at that point that I thought it was poor and unconventional to challenge customers for 5p of a tip which we had already paid and he said he'd come back to us. He never did. Then he said he'd come back again, which he never did.
    I think the waiting and management staff need to understand what 'customer experience' is and recognise that this is such poor service. When they did this to us, we understand that it was so petty given how much we'd spent at the restaurant and the hotel bar and on the way home we talked about it. It has such a negative impact on how you remember the meal. We are (were) regular customers here but I always had to persuade my husband to go as he's not too keen on Italian. I was such an advocate of this restaurant but I doubt we'll ever go back. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 19 days ago...
    7 out of 9 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Really Good night
    I had an early evening dinner with my daughter and found this restaurant to be excellent.

    A varied menu, good wine list and very good service. With the tastecard deal it made it fantastic value. I will definitely be going again. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 5 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alison said: "Tuesday, 5th March 2013
    Had a meal last night, 5th March with 5 friends before going to a concert at the royal Albert hall. Greeting, service and food excellent. Great start to the evening, could not fault anything, prompt but friendly service giving us plenty of time to enjoy our food without rushing to get to the concert and they wished us a pleasant evening when we left, all with 50% off 4 of the meals. I have been raving about it ever since. I am recommending this restaurant to all my friends (even though some of them don't have tastecard). We will definitely be going back there. Thanks, Alison. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 24 days ago...
    9 out of 10 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Miriam said:
    " Lovely food and very nice staff. "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Agnes said:
    " The food was delicious and the atmosphere perfect for a nice dinner. People were extremely nice and it was a pleasure to have dinner over there.

    I will certainly go back. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 10 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Had a fabulous meal last night at Olives on Gloucester Road. Fantastically friendly smiling staff, loved the interior, yummy red wine, starter and main were so fresh and tasty. Pity didn't have room for dessert!! Will certainly go back. Caroline "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Went to Olives prior to George Benson concert at Albert Hall. Absolutely delightful restaurant. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the food certainly lived up to expectations. Would definitely go back again. Danny "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "We thoroughly enjoyed our night at olives. We had six main courses between four people so that we can try multiple items. The quality of the food was extremely high throughout; the sea bream and lamb were my personal favourites. The service was impeccable and our charming Kenyan waiter exceeding himself in helpfulness as our table had many unusual demands, as inevitably arises when large scale sharing is attempted. A very highly recommended restaurant to which we look forward to returning. Elias "
    Posted 4 years, 11 months, 20 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "We visited the restaurant this afternoon and had a great time, the service was fantastic and the food was even better.  The presentation of the food was fabulous and with the attentive staff it made it that much nicer. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves fine dining. Sadia   "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review