tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
The Royal Redgate image
The Royal Redgate image
The Royal Redgate image
The Royal Redgate image
The Royal Redgate image

2 for 1 at The Royal Redgate

The Redgate Steak & Alehouse is a beautiful 18th century character pub bang on the Leicestershire-Warwickshire border.

The stylish, contemporary steakhouse interior offers intimate dining, friendly drinking, casual visits and party do’s and is full of charm, character and modern style.

At The Redgate, Steak is the speciality, you can be assured that when it comes to beef, The Redgate use only British cattle, which are grass fed and hormone free beasts sourced from farms that use traditional rearing methods, allowing the animals to mature naturally. The beef is matured for 21 days to ensure its tenderness and flavour and then char-grilled however you want, ensuring that you get a seriously good steak!

The menu comprises of an array of British pub classics ranging from Fish & Chips to, Homemade Pies, Pizza and Pastas and daily Specials.

To accompany your meal you can choose from the wide range of Cask Marque awarded real ales, wines and coffee giving plenty of variety for all tastes!

This is the perfect venue to sit back relax and enjoy, to bring the family or just pop in for a drink!

Important Information

Please note: the tastecard discount is not available all day Sunday as only a separate Sunday menu is served. tastecard members can use the discount after 5pm on the a la carte menu only. This restaurant is happy to accept 2 tastecards per booking.

View all reviews
The Royal Redgate
Average member score
4.5 22
Diner rating
Excellent
15
Very good
4
Good
1
Average
2
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Lynne said
" The Steaks were excellent. Food and wine were very good. We both really enjoyed our visit!"
Read more
Sarah said "30th Celebrations
Staff were so friendly nothing was too much trouble, they decorated the table for us. Food was..."
Read more
Nelson said "Steakhouse
Need to change online menu as people get existed about what is ,then what ain't, but all an..."
Read more
Farrington said
" Brilliant night"
Read more
Rosie said "Excellent
Stumbled across this place whilst staying at local spa for the weekend. Staff were charming and..."
Read more
Jimmy said
" Excellent"
Read more
Jimmy said "Jimmy
Very good"
Read more
Sarah said "Beautiful Food
Great service and wonderful food. We both had steak. Cooked to perfection and lovely chips :)..."
Read more
Phil said "Great Pies
Just had the chicken, leek and bacon pie. The gravy was delicious. Will be back to try more of..."
Read more
"Amazing
Amazing food. Four people ate and every single one stated it was the best food they had put in a..."
Read more
Mick said "Excellent Restaurant
Excellent service and food and the pies are yummy. They take tastecard so value for money too"
Read more
Mick said
" Excellent as always, pies are amazing"
Read more
Mr said "Well worth a visit
Friendly staff, great food and good service. Had no issues accepting the card I will be back."
Read more
M said "Enjoyable
Very friendly staff with good food."
Read more
Mick said "Excellent
Always a very tasty meal"
Read more
Chris said "AMAZING!!!
From when we got there to when we left was an excellent experience. In drive past this pub every..."
Read more
Ellie said "Great For Steak Or Ribs
We were glad that we tried here, but would not be in a rush to return. It's a steakhouse so..."
Read more
Alexander said
" We really enjoyed our visit to the Redgate and felt that the food was of a high quality, both..."
Read more
susan said "Not recommended
Would not recommend this pub for a meal. Small portions and slow service. Went on a Sunday..."
Read more
Cathy said "Well worth a visit
The outside of this building does not do the interior and the excellent food and service justice...."
Read more
Ellie said
" Very good.

This is the second time we have been and enjoyed it every time.
..."
Read more
Derek said "Not just steaks
Great steak house.

A regular for us for Fish and Chips, lovely double fried chunky..."
Read more
"We have visited this restaurant on many occasions and never been disappointed. The selection is..."
Read more
  • Lynne said:
    " The Steaks were excellent. Food and wine were very good. We both really enjoyed our visit! "
    Posted 1 month, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "30th Celebrations
    Staff were so friendly nothing was too much trouble, they decorated the table for us. Food was excellent and very good value for money. Service was awesome such a lovely young lady. It wasn't too busy so we were able to hear ourselves think and staff were able to give us that added extra attention. Such a great night enhanced by the staff thank you xx
    When it came to paying the bill I explained I'd never used the card before and staff again were extremely helpful in showing me how to use it and what would be deducted xx "
    Posted 2 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nelson said: "Steakhouse
    Need to change online menu as people get existed about what is ,then what ain't, but all an all we will b back so we will b back. Thanks. "
    Posted 7 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Farrington said:
    " Brilliant night "
    Posted 9 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rosie said: "Excellent
    Stumbled across this place whilst staying at local spa for the weekend. Staff were charming and the food was really superb. The pies were the best we'd ever tried! Great value with Tastecard would really recommend!! "
    Posted 10 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jimmy said:
    " Excellent "
    Posted 11 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jimmy said: "Jimmy
    Very good "
    Posted 11 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Beautiful Food
    Great service and wonderful food. We both had steak. Cooked to perfection and lovely chips :) nice atmosphere too "
    Posted 1 year, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Phil said: "Great Pies
    Just had the chicken, leek and bacon pie. The gravy was delicious. Will be back to try more of the menu. Great value. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Amazing
    Amazing food. Four people ate and every single one stated it was the best food they had put in a long time. Steaks and ribs cooked to perfection. Very friendly barmaid. Definitely recommend. I would have been willing to pay full price so a bargain with tastecard "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mick said: "Excellent Restaurant
    Excellent service and food and the pies are yummy. They take tastecard so value for money too "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mick said:
    " Excellent as always, pies are amazing "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mr said: "Well worth a visit
    Friendly staff, great food and good service. Had no issues accepting the card I will be back. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said: "Enjoyable
    Very friendly staff with good food. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mick said: "Excellent
    Always a very tasty meal "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chris said: "AMAZING!!!
    From when we got there to when we left was an excellent experience. In drive past this pub every day for the last 20 years and have never been in. What a shock!
    Beautiful food. Absolutely beautiful. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ellie said: "Great For Steak Or Ribs
    We were glad that we tried here, but would not be in a rush to return. It's a steakhouse so I ordered a mixed grill, which was so far removed from a mixed grill I was disappointed. The small price if steak on it was lovely, but the composite other meats were not right. My partner had the rack of ribs which were excellent. The starters were not up to much, so I would just go for a main if we went there again. Service was good, polite and friendly. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alexander said:
    " We really enjoyed our visit to the Redgate and felt that the food was of a high quality, both enjoying our Rump steak. They also have a good selection of real ale at the bar. The vegetarian nachos were more interesting than in many places and the Ham Hock Terrine was tasty although the portion could have been a bit more generous. Knickerbocker glory for dessert topped the evening off nicely and we went home happy! "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 10 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • susan said: "Not recommended
    Would not recommend this pub for a meal. Small portions and slow service. Went on a Sunday lunchtime hardly anybody in apart from two other tables. The service was very slow between courses and the portions were small. It was expensive for what we had. Have had far better meals at fewer prices. There was another table who were also complaining that they would never go again and neither would we. SO BEWARE. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 12 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cathy said: "Well worth a visit
    The outside of this building does not do the interior and the excellent food and service justice. Well worth a visit. "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ellie said:
    " Very good.

    This is the second time we have been and enjoyed it every time.

    The mains were delicious and deserts even better.

    Highly recommend. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Derek said: "Not just steaks
    Great steak house.

    A regular for us for Fish and Chips, lovely double fried chunky chips.

    Food is exceptional, Staff are great. Value such that eating in with drink is easier than going to fish shop!

    Family celebrations are great value with 50% off up to 12 and even accepts tastecard on Sundays, bonus.

    My favourite is the Rib Eye when not having the F&C. "
    Posted 4 years, 7 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "We have visited this restaurant on many occasions and never been disappointed. The selection is varied and the food excellent. Highly recommended. Elaine "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 5 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Lynne said:
    " The Steaks were excellent. Food and wine were very good. We both really enjoyed our visit! "
    Posted 1 month, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "30th Celebrations
    Staff were so friendly nothing was too much trouble, they decorated the table for us. Food was excellent and very good value for money. Service was awesome such a lovely young lady. It wasn't too busy so we were able to hear ourselves think and staff were able to give us that added extra attention. Such a great night enhanced by the staff thank you xx
    When it came to paying the bill I explained I'd never used the card before and staff again were extremely helpful in showing me how to use it and what would be deducted xx "
    Posted 2 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nelson said: "Steakhouse
    Need to change online menu as people get existed about what is ,then what ain't, but all an all we will b back so we will b back. Thanks. "
    Posted 7 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Farrington said:
    " Brilliant night "
    Posted 9 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rosie said: "Excellent
    Stumbled across this place whilst staying at local spa for the weekend. Staff were charming and the food was really superb. The pies were the best we'd ever tried! Great value with Tastecard would really recommend!! "
    Posted 10 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jimmy said:
    " Excellent "
    Posted 11 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jimmy said: "Jimmy
    Very good "
    Posted 11 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Beautiful Food
    Great service and wonderful food. We both had steak. Cooked to perfection and lovely chips :) nice atmosphere too "
    Posted 1 year, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Phil said: "Great Pies
    Just had the chicken, leek and bacon pie. The gravy was delicious. Will be back to try more of the menu. Great value. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Amazing
    Amazing food. Four people ate and every single one stated it was the best food they had put in a long time. Steaks and ribs cooked to perfection. Very friendly barmaid. Definitely recommend. I would have been willing to pay full price so a bargain with tastecard "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mick said: "Excellent Restaurant
    Excellent service and food and the pies are yummy. They take tastecard so value for money too "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mick said:
    " Excellent as always, pies are amazing "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mr said: "Well worth a visit
    Friendly staff, great food and good service. Had no issues accepting the card I will be back. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said: "Enjoyable
    Very friendly staff with good food. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mick said: "Excellent
    Always a very tasty meal "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chris said: "AMAZING!!!
    From when we got there to when we left was an excellent experience. In drive past this pub every day for the last 20 years and have never been in. What a shock!
    Beautiful food. Absolutely beautiful. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ellie said: "Great For Steak Or Ribs
    We were glad that we tried here, but would not be in a rush to return. It's a steakhouse so I ordered a mixed grill, which was so far removed from a mixed grill I was disappointed. The small price if steak on it was lovely, but the composite other meats were not right. My partner had the rack of ribs which were excellent. The starters were not up to much, so I would just go for a main if we went there again. Service was good, polite and friendly. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alexander said:
    " We really enjoyed our visit to the Redgate and felt that the food was of a high quality, both enjoying our Rump steak. They also have a good selection of real ale at the bar. The vegetarian nachos were more interesting than in many places and the Ham Hock Terrine was tasty although the portion could have been a bit more generous. Knickerbocker glory for dessert topped the evening off nicely and we went home happy! "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 10 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • susan said: "Not recommended
    Would not recommend this pub for a meal. Small portions and slow service. Went on a Sunday lunchtime hardly anybody in apart from two other tables. The service was very slow between courses and the portions were small. It was expensive for what we had. Have had far better meals at fewer prices. There was another table who were also complaining that they would never go again and neither would we. SO BEWARE. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 12 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cathy said: "Well worth a visit
    The outside of this building does not do the interior and the excellent food and service justice. Well worth a visit. "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ellie said:
    " Very good.

    This is the second time we have been and enjoyed it every time.

    The mains were delicious and deserts even better.

    Highly recommend. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Derek said: "Not just steaks
    Great steak house.

    A regular for us for Fish and Chips, lovely double fried chunky chips.

    Food is exceptional, Staff are great. Value such that eating in with drink is easier than going to fish shop!

    Family celebrations are great value with 50% off up to 12 and even accepts tastecard on Sundays, bonus.

    My favourite is the Rib Eye when not having the F&C. "
    Posted 4 years, 7 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "We have visited this restaurant on many occasions and never been disappointed. The selection is varied and the food excellent. Highly recommended. Elaine "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 5 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review