tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredDecember restriction
Bistro 51 image
Bistro 51 image
Bistro 51 image
Bistro 51 image
Bistro 51 image

2 for 1 at Bistro 51

Located minutes from Buckingham Palace, 51 Buckingham Gate, Taj Suites and Residences is a five star hotel exuding luxury in prestigious surroundings.

Contemporary European restaurant Bistro impresses with unique presentations and flavours, local sourcing of fresh produce and Executive Chef David Tilly's careful selection of ingredients.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on Valentine's Day, Easter Weekend or during the month of December.

View all reviews
Bistro 51
Average member score
4.3 15
Diner rating
Excellent
10
Very good
2
Good
2
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Sandra said "This is why you buy a tastecard.
Fabulous restaurant. A real pleasure. Saved nearly £60 with the tastecard"
Read more
Jonathan said "Delicious And Posh Atmosphere
Fantastic food. Very nice and elegant staff. Refined atmosphere. This is one of the best..."
Read more
Lee said "Good Food And Atmosphere
Good food and atmosphere."
Read more
Lee said "Good Food And Surroundings
Food was good as was the decor and atmosphere."
Read more
Derek said "Excellent food, shame about guests
Really nice restaurant. The food was sensational. Service was great. The only thing that took the..."
Read more
Gareth said "Saturday 20 June 15
Normally exceptional, but tonight the fillet stake was the worst I have seen served in any..."
Read more
Jessica said "Good Food!
Food was nice, well presented, good but slightly slow service. Atmosphere in the restaurant is..."
Read more
Joanne said "Excellent Meal
I've used my tastecard in many restaurants and have to say this is one of the best meals..."
Read more
Philip said "Wonderful!
We went for an early supper. A super venue - very atmospheric - terrific food - excellent service..."
Read more
sarah said "Fantastic
Rarely have I eaten food to this high standard, absolute treat. Thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful..."
Read more
" ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and lovely service as well. Thank you!!!"
Read more
MK said
" Excellent"
Read more
Aman said
" Exceptional service. Rare experience for London. And great food."
Read more
Mark said "Ok, but very overpriced
So this restaurant, attached to a 5* hotel looks really good. Inside, its pretty plain, but light..."
Read more
WENDY said "Love it
Love this restaurant. Have been many times and have never been disappointed."
Read more
"Was very pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. The menu had some unusual choices and the food..."
Read more
  • Sandra said: "This is why you buy a tastecard.
    Fabulous restaurant. A real pleasure. Saved nearly £60 with the tastecard "
    Posted 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jonathan said: "Delicious And Posh Atmosphere
    Fantastic food. Very nice and elegant staff. Refined atmosphere. This is one of the best restaurants in the Tastecard offer.
    Make sure you mention the Tastecard at every step (when booking, upon arrival, when ordering and when asking for the bill) as they tried to avoid taking it into account with us, but eventually did when an other waiter testified that we had mentioned it when booking. "
    Posted 2 months, 20 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Good Food And Atmosphere
    Good food and atmosphere. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Good Food And Surroundings
    Food was good as was the decor and atmosphere. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Derek said: "Excellent food, shame about guests
    Really nice restaurant. The food was sensational. Service was great. The only thing that took the shine off was some noisy hotel guests that came to have dinner and spoiled the ambience somewhat. Overall, still a brilliant evening out. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 14 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gareth said: "Saturday 20 June 15
    Normally exceptional, but tonight the fillet stake was the worst I have seen served in any restaurant for some years. Seemed steak was thawed, very small, not fresh and tasted of iron, so left it. More more a thicker min steak! Complained and rather fell on deaf ears, but with a smile from staff who really showed no alignment to the normal quality.

    Very surprised and disappointed. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jessica said: "Good Food!
    Food was nice, well presented, good but slightly slow service. Atmosphere in the restaurant is not particularly special but the hotel lobby is lovely. Would recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joanne said: "Excellent Meal
    I've used my tastecard in many restaurants and have to say this is one of the best meals we've had.
    The food was excellent (especially the chocolate fondu)! and the staff were lovely and very attentive.
    Would definitely recommend and will certainly be returning. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Philip said: "Wonderful!
    We went for an early supper. A super venue - very atmospheric - terrific food - excellent service - a real treat! Definitely will return "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 28 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • sarah said: "Fantastic
    Rarely have I eaten food to this high standard, absolute treat. Thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful and had to savour each bite.
    Incredible food, could use my taste card easily and the atmosphere was very relaxing.
    Will definitely return, would highly recommend. "
    Posted 2 years, 28 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and lovely service as well. Thank you!!! "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MK said:
    " Excellent "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 27 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Aman said:
    " Exceptional service. Rare experience for London. And great food. "
    Posted 3 years, 18 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said: "Ok, but very overpriced
    So this restaurant, attached to a 5* hotel looks really good. Inside, its pretty plain, but light and spacious. A good selection on the menu, and a decent wine list.

    I can't fault the service, and the food was ok, but it’s NOT the 5* food that you'd expect, but it’s at 5* prices. For example; the "traditional British" steak pie was made not with a rich gravy sauce, as you'd expect, but from some tomato based sauce. While the beef was tender, the whole thing was just weird, and certainly not traditional! My girlfriend had the duck, which looked good, was cooked well, but was rather bland, served with a bland mash.

    Could be so much better, and definitely not worth the prices. Overall, left disappointed. "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 17 days ago...
    4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • WENDY said: "Love it
    Love this restaurant. Have been many times and have never been disappointed. "
    Posted 4 years, 10 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Was very pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. The menu had some unusual choices and the food was very tasty and very well presented. A bit quiet on a Weds but good for a catch up with friends. Would return. LS "
    Posted 5 years, 4 months ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Sandra said: "This is why you buy a tastecard.
    Fabulous restaurant. A real pleasure. Saved nearly £60 with the tastecard "
    Posted 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jonathan said: "Delicious And Posh Atmosphere
    Fantastic food. Very nice and elegant staff. Refined atmosphere. This is one of the best restaurants in the Tastecard offer.
    Make sure you mention the Tastecard at every step (when booking, upon arrival, when ordering and when asking for the bill) as they tried to avoid taking it into account with us, but eventually did when an other waiter testified that we had mentioned it when booking. "
    Posted 2 months, 20 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Good Food And Atmosphere
    Good food and atmosphere. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Good Food And Surroundings
    Food was good as was the decor and atmosphere. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Derek said: "Excellent food, shame about guests
    Really nice restaurant. The food was sensational. Service was great. The only thing that took the shine off was some noisy hotel guests that came to have dinner and spoiled the ambience somewhat. Overall, still a brilliant evening out. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 14 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gareth said: "Saturday 20 June 15
    Normally exceptional, but tonight the fillet stake was the worst I have seen served in any restaurant for some years. Seemed steak was thawed, very small, not fresh and tasted of iron, so left it. More more a thicker min steak! Complained and rather fell on deaf ears, but with a smile from staff who really showed no alignment to the normal quality.

    Very surprised and disappointed. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jessica said: "Good Food!
    Food was nice, well presented, good but slightly slow service. Atmosphere in the restaurant is not particularly special but the hotel lobby is lovely. Would recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joanne said: "Excellent Meal
    I've used my tastecard in many restaurants and have to say this is one of the best meals we've had.
    The food was excellent (especially the chocolate fondu)! and the staff were lovely and very attentive.
    Would definitely recommend and will certainly be returning. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Philip said: "Wonderful!
    We went for an early supper. A super venue - very atmospheric - terrific food - excellent service - a real treat! Definitely will return "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 28 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • sarah said: "Fantastic
    Rarely have I eaten food to this high standard, absolute treat. Thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful and had to savour each bite.
    Incredible food, could use my taste card easily and the atmosphere was very relaxing.
    Will definitely return, would highly recommend. "
    Posted 2 years, 28 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and lovely service as well. Thank you!!! "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MK said:
    " Excellent "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 27 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Aman said:
    " Exceptional service. Rare experience for London. And great food. "
    Posted 3 years, 18 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said: "Ok, but very overpriced
    So this restaurant, attached to a 5* hotel looks really good. Inside, its pretty plain, but light and spacious. A good selection on the menu, and a decent wine list.

    I can't fault the service, and the food was ok, but it’s NOT the 5* food that you'd expect, but it’s at 5* prices. For example; the "traditional British" steak pie was made not with a rich gravy sauce, as you'd expect, but from some tomato based sauce. While the beef was tender, the whole thing was just weird, and certainly not traditional! My girlfriend had the duck, which looked good, was cooked well, but was rather bland, served with a bland mash.

    Could be so much better, and definitely not worth the prices. Overall, left disappointed. "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 17 days ago...
    4 out of 6 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • WENDY said: "Love it
    Love this restaurant. Have been many times and have never been disappointed. "
    Posted 4 years, 10 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Was very pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. The menu had some unusual choices and the food was very tasty and very well presented. A bit quiet on a Weds but good for a catch up with friends. Would return. LS "
    Posted 5 years, 4 months ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review