tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredDecember restriction
Zest image
Zest image

2 for 1 at Zest

For delicious Indian cuisine cooked to the highest standard, visit Zest restaurant. This fabulous venue situated on North Street in Edinburgh is the perfect place for all occasions, whether it be an intimate meal for 2 or a larger group meal.

The atmosphere here is always exciting, and the friendly members of staff will encourage you to try different dishes. Be adventurous and try a hot and spicy meal, or be tantalized by the sweeter, creamier dishes on offer.

View all reviews
Zest
Average member score
4.4 22
Diner rating
Excellent
14
Very good
5
Good
1
Average
1
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Derek said
" Excellent all round!"
Read more
Mathew said "Great Food
Very warm and friendly staff, great food."
Read more
Craig said "Best curry ever......
Fantastic meal and very friendly staff, will be returning very soon!!"
Read more
Karen said "Zest Edinburgh
Nice food. Good service"
Read more
Kyle said
" Lovey meal and great service well played"
Read more
Stuart said "Quality food
And First class service , will be back."
Read more
Charmaine said "Love it!
Great food. Good service. Love the Waltee Scott curry!"
Read more
Sarah said "Will be coming back!!
Food was lovely, staff incredibly attentive and a lovely atmosphere. We'll be coming back!"
Read more
Soph said "Amazing Food!!
Had a lovely evening, food tasted amazing a service great. Highly recommend"
Read more
Charmaine said "Good food. Great service
Good food. Great service"
Read more
Sooz said "Fab!
Excellent service, delicious food, what more do you need?"
Read more
J said "Good location
Great
location in town, very quiet, food tasty but had better"
Read more
ML said "Yeah, try this one
Fancy a curry? There's nothing wrong with this one. Offer: Buy 1 starter + 1 x main and get..."
Read more
Kim said "Gem of a place
Probably wouldn't have gone here if it wasn't for tastecard but so glad we did. Food..."
Read more
Lucy said "Great Food, Excellent Service And Fab Location
The food was superb, the best pathia I have ever had! Gorgeous peshwari naan! Super friendly..."
Read more
IAN said "Must try
Lovely wee place,the chicken pakoras are not the usual ones you will get but they are great..."
Read more
Sabrina said "Unfortunately Disappointing
We visited Zest on a Saturday night around 8pm. It was fairly busy and we went in to see if we..."
Read more
Stuart said
" Great food, atmosphere and value. Would recommend P927 dish!! Thanks to tastecard for another..."
Read more
Janie said "Beautiful!
Booked this restaurant for a Saturday evening using my tastecard with no problems at all. The..."
Read more
Mohammed said "Nobeel khalid
Lovely food, fantastic atmosphere, staff were really friendly, I enjoyed the food it was best I..."
Read more
Becky said "Not bad
Went in September on a Saturday and used the tastecard. Not the best curry ever but service was..."
Read more
elaine said "Give this one a miss!!
Went on 6th October with my partner, service was pretty poor ended up having to ask to order..."
Read more
  • Derek said:
    " Excellent all round! "
    Posted 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mathew said: "Great Food
    Very warm and friendly staff, great food. "
    Posted 1 month, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Craig said: "Best curry ever......
    Fantastic meal and very friendly staff, will be returning very soon!! "
    Posted 5 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Zest Edinburgh
    Nice food. Good service "
    Posted 6 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kyle said:
    " Lovey meal and great service well played "
    Posted 8 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stuart said: "Quality food
    And First class service , will be back. "
    Posted 8 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Charmaine said: "Love it!
    Great food. Good service. Love the Waltee Scott curry! "
    Posted 9 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Will be coming back!!
    Food was lovely, staff incredibly attentive and a lovely atmosphere. We'll be coming back! "
    Posted 9 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Soph said: "Amazing Food!!
    Had a lovely evening, food tasted amazing a service great. Highly recommend "
    Posted 11 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Charmaine said: "Good food. Great service
    Good food. Great service "
    Posted 11 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sooz said: "Fab!
    Excellent service, delicious food, what more do you need? "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • J said: "Good location
    Great
    location in town, very quiet, food tasty but had better "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ML said: "Yeah, try this one
    Fancy a curry? There's nothing wrong with this one. Offer: Buy 1 starter + 1 x main and get 1 more of each free. Thanks. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kim said: "Gem of a place
    Probably wouldn't have gone here if it wasn't for tastecard but so glad we did. Food was amazing, staff very busy but always friendly. Would definitely recommend even without tastecard. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 22 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lucy said: "Great Food, Excellent Service And Fab Location
    The food was superb, the best pathia I have ever had! Gorgeous peshwari naan! Super friendly service, and absolutely no issues using Tastecard!

    Great find and would not have visited had it not been for Tastecard! "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • IAN said: "Must try
    Lovely wee place,the chicken pakoras are not the usual ones you will get but they are great lovely taste and we'll worth a try,if your into hot food try the mr nagga chicken tastey and packing heat "
    Posted 2 years, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sabrina said: "Unfortunately Disappointing
    We visited Zest on a Saturday night around 8pm. It was fairly busy and we went in to see if we were lucky to get a table. They had one small table left they offered us. We got both the drinks & food menu and were shortly asked about our drinks choices. As we ordered our food I presented the Taste card which was accepted without any problem. We then ordered our starters and the main and the waiting began. Our starter arrived within half an hour which I thought due to being extremely hungry, as fairly long having just ordered lamb kebab and pakoras. The wait continued for our main course which arrived after about another 40 min. after our starter. It was half cold when I got mine and my boyfriend's order had been mixed up so that he had to wait a further 10 min. until he had his dish. At no point were we asked if we wanted any further drinks, they never gave us any napkins or fresh cutlery either and the quality of the food overall was for me below average - my chicken Korma was dry and flavourless, the Naan was lukewarm and dry as well. My boyfriend's Biryani was cold, too. All in all we did not enjoy the food much nor the overall atmosphere as they were about 6 people continuously rushing through the restaurant. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 28 days ago...
    3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stuart said:
    " Great food, atmosphere and value. Would recommend P927 dish!! Thanks to tastecard for another good find. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Janie said: "Beautiful!
    Booked this restaurant for a Saturday evening using my tastecard with no problems at all. The service was very good but we weren't offered any poppadoms on arrival which I thought was probably an oversight. However, the meal itself was beautiful. I had the green herb chicken which was excellent, very tasty and my partner had the Lamb Tikka and said it was the best lamb tikka he had ever had (and he's had a few!). Because we were using the tastecard we only paid for 1 starter and 1 main meal and our drinks which I have to say, were very reasonably priced considering we were in the city centre. A very enjoyable evening and would definitely recommend to anyone. Well done Zest!!! "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 27 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mohammed said: "Nobeel khalid
    Lovely food, fantastic atmosphere, staff were really friendly, I enjoyed the food it was best I tasted in Edinburgh, and I would go back again. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 11 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Becky said: "Not bad
    Went in September on a Saturday and used the tastecard. Not the best curry ever but service was quick and at 2for1 it wasn't bad for a quick, cheap meal out. "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 10 days ago...
    3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • elaine said: "Give this one a miss!!
    Went on 6th October with my partner, service was pretty poor ended up having to ask to order drinks (in the meantime I drank my own water). The food wasn't great, I mentioned taste and I believe it affected the food portions looking around the resturant. I was served 5 verysmall cubes of chicken as part of my dish, I complained but the waiter just said " you should have recieved more". All in all even at 2 for 1 give this a miss, there are much better Indians on taste. "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 19 days ago...
    5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Derek said:
    " Excellent all round! "
    Posted 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mathew said: "Great Food
    Very warm and friendly staff, great food. "
    Posted 1 month, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Craig said: "Best curry ever......
    Fantastic meal and very friendly staff, will be returning very soon!! "
    Posted 5 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Zest Edinburgh
    Nice food. Good service "
    Posted 6 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kyle said:
    " Lovey meal and great service well played "
    Posted 8 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stuart said: "Quality food
    And First class service , will be back. "
    Posted 8 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Charmaine said: "Love it!
    Great food. Good service. Love the Waltee Scott curry! "
    Posted 9 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Will be coming back!!
    Food was lovely, staff incredibly attentive and a lovely atmosphere. We'll be coming back! "
    Posted 9 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Soph said: "Amazing Food!!
    Had a lovely evening, food tasted amazing a service great. Highly recommend "
    Posted 11 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Charmaine said: "Good food. Great service
    Good food. Great service "
    Posted 11 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sooz said: "Fab!
    Excellent service, delicious food, what more do you need? "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • J said: "Good location
    Great
    location in town, very quiet, food tasty but had better "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ML said: "Yeah, try this one
    Fancy a curry? There's nothing wrong with this one. Offer: Buy 1 starter + 1 x main and get 1 more of each free. Thanks. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kim said: "Gem of a place
    Probably wouldn't have gone here if it wasn't for tastecard but so glad we did. Food was amazing, staff very busy but always friendly. Would definitely recommend even without tastecard. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 22 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lucy said: "Great Food, Excellent Service And Fab Location
    The food was superb, the best pathia I have ever had! Gorgeous peshwari naan! Super friendly service, and absolutely no issues using Tastecard!

    Great find and would not have visited had it not been for Tastecard! "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • IAN said: "Must try
    Lovely wee place,the chicken pakoras are not the usual ones you will get but they are great lovely taste and we'll worth a try,if your into hot food try the mr nagga chicken tastey and packing heat "
    Posted 2 years, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sabrina said: "Unfortunately Disappointing
    We visited Zest on a Saturday night around 8pm. It was fairly busy and we went in to see if we were lucky to get a table. They had one small table left they offered us. We got both the drinks & food menu and were shortly asked about our drinks choices. As we ordered our food I presented the Taste card which was accepted without any problem. We then ordered our starters and the main and the waiting began. Our starter arrived within half an hour which I thought due to being extremely hungry, as fairly long having just ordered lamb kebab and pakoras. The wait continued for our main course which arrived after about another 40 min. after our starter. It was half cold when I got mine and my boyfriend's order had been mixed up so that he had to wait a further 10 min. until he had his dish. At no point were we asked if we wanted any further drinks, they never gave us any napkins or fresh cutlery either and the quality of the food overall was for me below average - my chicken Korma was dry and flavourless, the Naan was lukewarm and dry as well. My boyfriend's Biryani was cold, too. All in all we did not enjoy the food much nor the overall atmosphere as they were about 6 people continuously rushing through the restaurant. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 28 days ago...
    3 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stuart said:
    " Great food, atmosphere and value. Would recommend P927 dish!! Thanks to tastecard for another good find. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Janie said: "Beautiful!
    Booked this restaurant for a Saturday evening using my tastecard with no problems at all. The service was very good but we weren't offered any poppadoms on arrival which I thought was probably an oversight. However, the meal itself was beautiful. I had the green herb chicken which was excellent, very tasty and my partner had the Lamb Tikka and said it was the best lamb tikka he had ever had (and he's had a few!). Because we were using the tastecard we only paid for 1 starter and 1 main meal and our drinks which I have to say, were very reasonably priced considering we were in the city centre. A very enjoyable evening and would definitely recommend to anyone. Well done Zest!!! "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 27 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mohammed said: "Nobeel khalid
    Lovely food, fantastic atmosphere, staff were really friendly, I enjoyed the food it was best I tasted in Edinburgh, and I would go back again. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 11 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Becky said: "Not bad
    Went in September on a Saturday and used the tastecard. Not the best curry ever but service was quick and at 2for1 it wasn't bad for a quick, cheap meal out. "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 10 days ago...
    3 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • elaine said: "Give this one a miss!!
    Went on 6th October with my partner, service was pretty poor ended up having to ask to order drinks (in the meantime I drank my own water). The food wasn't great, I mentioned taste and I believe it affected the food portions looking around the resturant. I was served 5 verysmall cubes of chicken as part of my dish, I complained but the waiter just said " you should have recieved more". All in all even at 2 for 1 give this a miss, there are much better Indians on taste. "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 19 days ago...
    5 out of 6 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall