tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleOnline bookingBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
The Grill Room @ Downhall Country House Hotel image
The Grill Room @ Downhall Country House Hotel image
The Grill Room @ Downhall Country House Hotel image
The Grill Room @ Downhall Country House Hotel image
The Grill Room @ Downhall Country House Hotel image

2 for 1 at The Grill Room @ Downhall Country House Hotel

The Grill Room Restaurant at Down Hall offers dining in a modern, contemporary environment which is mirrored by the innovative Anglo-French menu created by our Head Chef, Matthew Hill.

The menu changes seasonally and is in part influenced by the produce grown in the hotels very own vegetable garden. Sample dishes include: Confit salmon, escabeche, parsley emulsion, charred cucumber, Roast chicken breast & thigh, pearl barley, salsify, smoked mussel sauce, Dark chocolate fondant, passion fruit curd, Anise ice cream, pistachio brittle.

Important Information

Please Note : The tastecard discount is not available on Sunday's due to the A La Carte menu not being served. Please book in advance at all times due to busy periods, bookings are always subject to availability. The tastecard 241 discount is only valid for 2 people per table per booking. During bank holiday's and celebration days tastecard will not be availalble.

View all reviews
The Grill Room @ Downhall Country House Hotel
Average member score
4.3 6
Diner rating
Excellent
3
Very good
2
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Nigel said "Excellent Staff And Food.
Excellent staff, good humoured and super attentive.
Food was superb. An really good evening."
Read more
Nigel said "Superb Staff
Such friendly and fun staff. Super attentive, excellent food. A really lovely evening"
Read more
SR-71 said "Excellent, high quality food
Excellent, high quality food"
Read more
Cam said "Good
Great, how one 1 vegetarian...."
Read more
Osborne said
" This being our third visit to Down Hall we were again disappointed in the service.

..."
Read more
Eira said
" Having arranged for 20 of us from the Bishop's Stortford W I to dine at The Grill last..."
Read more
"Sunday lunch with my husband for my birthday at this wonderful country house was a lovely treat...."
Read more
"This is really excellent. We went for a quiet lunch for two on my husband's birthday and..."
Read more
  • Nigel said: "Excellent Staff And Food.
    Excellent staff, good humoured and super attentive.
    Food was superb. An really good evening. "
    Posted 9 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nigel said: "Superb Staff
    Such friendly and fun staff. Super attentive, excellent food. A really lovely evening "
    Posted 9 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SR-71 said: "Excellent, high quality food
    Excellent, high quality food "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cam said: "Good
    Great, how one 1 vegetarian.... "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Osborne said:
    " This being our third visit to Down Hall we were again disappointed in the service.

    We had lunch back in July for a special birthday and we felt very neglected but put it down to a wedding going on, so decided to give it another try.

    Sunday Lunch was not bad although our food order was wrong and the bill at the end also wrong, not sure if we will visit again which is a shame because it is such a lovely setting. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 28 days ago...
    6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Eira said:
    " Having arranged for 20 of us from the Bishop's Stortford W I to dine at The Grill last night, I was so pleased that the evening was successful. The food was very good, the staff efficient and friendly, and there was a nice atmosphere in the busy restaurant. "
    Posted 4 years, 13 days ago...
    3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Sunday lunch with my husband for my birthday at this wonderful country house was a lovely treat. Excellent, professional and friendly service with gorgeous food. Wide choice of interesting dishes. Wine pricey though. we would definitely go back. They are happy to take children too , although I escaped for the day! Jenny And Gary "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 8 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "This is really excellent. We went for a quiet lunch for two on my husband's birthday and could not have been better looked after. The menu was extremely imaginative and well thought out and beautifully executed. I challenge anyone not to be able to find something they like here.  Staff were attentive without being overbearing and even without our tastecard, this meal would have been good value for money given its standard. Would highly recommend. Rachel   "
    Posted 5 years, 8 months, 20 days ago...
    6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Nigel said: "Excellent Staff And Food.
    Excellent staff, good humoured and super attentive.
    Food was superb. An really good evening. "
    Posted 9 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nigel said: "Superb Staff
    Such friendly and fun staff. Super attentive, excellent food. A really lovely evening "
    Posted 9 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SR-71 said: "Excellent, high quality food
    Excellent, high quality food "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cam said: "Good
    Great, how one 1 vegetarian.... "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Osborne said:
    " This being our third visit to Down Hall we were again disappointed in the service.

    We had lunch back in July for a special birthday and we felt very neglected but put it down to a wedding going on, so decided to give it another try.

    Sunday Lunch was not bad although our food order was wrong and the bill at the end also wrong, not sure if we will visit again which is a shame because it is such a lovely setting. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 28 days ago...
    6 out of 7 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Eira said:
    " Having arranged for 20 of us from the Bishop's Stortford W I to dine at The Grill last night, I was so pleased that the evening was successful. The food was very good, the staff efficient and friendly, and there was a nice atmosphere in the busy restaurant. "
    Posted 4 years, 13 days ago...
    3 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Sunday lunch with my husband for my birthday at this wonderful country house was a lovely treat. Excellent, professional and friendly service with gorgeous food. Wide choice of interesting dishes. Wine pricey though. we would definitely go back. They are happy to take children too , although I escaped for the day! Jenny And Gary "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 8 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "This is really excellent. We went for a quiet lunch for two on my husband's birthday and could not have been better looked after. The menu was extremely imaginative and well thought out and beautifully executed. I challenge anyone not to be able to find something they like here.  Staff were attentive without being overbearing and even without our tastecard, this meal would have been good value for money given its standard. Would highly recommend. Rachel   "
    Posted 5 years, 8 months, 20 days ago...
    6 out of 6 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review