tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 4 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
The Hare and Hounds image
The Hare and Hounds image

50% off at The Hare and Hounds

The Hare and Hounds, in Claygate combines the best of the English Village Pub, Local Real Ales and traditional home cooking with the best of French regional cuisine and a magnificent wine list in their l'auberge restaurant.

The idea of housing a French restaurant inside a traditional English pub came about in 1996 when their first auberge opened inside one of their first pubs - The Kings Head in Teddington.

The auberges now consist of three lovely pubs in lovely locations. The Hare & Hounds in Claygate, Surrey, The Cricketers in Hartley Wintney, Hampshire and The Black Lion in Hammersmith. Their focus remains unchanged - to bring you the very best food and wine in an atmosphere of ‘entente cordiale'.

Important Information

PLEASE NOTE: THE TASTECARD DISCOUNT IS NOT AVAILABLE ALL DAY FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AS THE A LA CARTE MENU IS NOT SERVED AT THIS TIME. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.

View all reviews
The Hare and Hounds
Average member score
4.9 14
Diner rating
Excellent
12
Very good
2
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Sharon said "Great Food
Great food can't fault it"
Read more
" Excellent"
Read more
Clive said "Nice place
Very friendly place with good service. Had steaks, haddock and burger - all were of excellent..."
Read more
Victoria said "Great food, great service, great staff!
Lovely pub serving wonderful food with fabulous service! We've eaten here several times in..."
Read more
" Food was lovely great staff!!!"
Read more
" Great food and bargain during the week."
Read more
Gemma said "Brilliant night x
I went out for a meal with my best friend. I had a 3 course meal with 2 lime and sodas my friend..."
Read more
Dawn said "Fantastic
From booking the table to paying the bill, the whole experience has been fantastic.
The..."
Read more
" Smashing"
Read more
JenniferS said "Perfect Meal, Lovely Staff, Delicious Food
Great value for money especially with your taste card. Food was gorgeous, great wine, and staff..."
Read more
Dawn said "Great evening out
Booking a table at the Hare and Hounds was so easy, when I phoned up I was even allowed to choose..."
Read more
Patricia said "Best Food In Surrey
Lovely pub and great atmosphere,great food and really good menu which is frequently varied,the..."
Read more
Nick said "Superb!
A must visit pub, great food and atmosphere!"
Read more
Barry said "Great Food and Service
Nick and the team give you a great welcome and the food lives up to expectations.

..."
Read more
"Went here for dinner in the restaurant, the food was really good, we had lovely starters and the..."
Read more
"Only eaten in the pub but the food is incredibly good. Have eaten a couple of times there,..."
Read more
  • Sharon said: "Great Food
    Great food can't fault it "
    Posted 9 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Excellent "
    Posted 10 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Clive said: "Nice place
    Very friendly place with good service. Had steaks, haddock and burger - all were of excellent quality. Nice buzz about the place. Really nothing negative to say. Our third visit and won't be the last. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Victoria said: "Great food, great service, great staff!
    Lovely pub serving wonderful food with fabulous service! We've eaten here several times in the last few months using our taste card and each meal has been fantastic. The food is really tasty French cuisine (as well as English dishes) served by very friendly staff who couldn't be more helpful. Portion sizes are also very good (be sure to leave enough room for one of their tasty puds!). It is not local to us but we hope to visit again soon for another enjpyable meal. 10/10 "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Food was lovely great staff!!! "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great food and bargain during the week. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gemma said: "Brilliant night x
    I went out for a meal with my best friend. I had a 3 course meal with 2 lime and sodas my friend had a 2 course meal with a white wine spritzer and all came to about £50 gave in my taste card with such ease 50% was taken off the bill only paying £25 so £12.50 each cheapest meal ever. Now the food was absolutely gorgeous can not fault it at all and will definitely go back time and time again xxx "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dawn said: "Fantastic
    From booking the table to paying the bill, the whole experience has been fantastic.
    The food was delicious, hot when brought out to the table. The staff are friendly and couldn't do enough for us.
    Thanks guy, a perfect birthday meal "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 4 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Smashing "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • JenniferS said: "Perfect Meal, Lovely Staff, Delicious Food
    Great value for money especially with your taste card. Food was gorgeous, great wine, and staff were really friendly and perfectly attentive. Highly recommended. And if you like mussels you just go for them ! I'll certainly be back :) "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dawn said: "Great evening out
    Booking a table at the Hare and Hounds was so easy, when I phoned up I was even allowed to choose the exact table I wanted. Mentioning the tastecard," that's great was the reply".
    The whole atmosphere within the pub was fantastic, the food has to easily be some of the best we have had in a long time.
    The staff were all very friendly and something you never normally get, they were happy to keep restocking the open fire that we sat in front of, at our request.
    Team members were happy to tell us of the pubs themed evenings and we were invited to come and join in them, We were actual actively encouraged to bring the grandchildren into the pub with us.
    It may be a 20 minute drive away from where we live, but after tonight, we both agree, we are going to make The Hare and Hounds our local. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 17 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Patricia said: "Best Food In Surrey
    Lovely pub and great atmosphere,great food and really good menu which is frequently varied,the staff are lovely. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said: "Superb!
    A must visit pub, great food and atmosphere! "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Barry said: "Great Food and Service
    Nick and the team give you a great welcome and the food lives up to expectations.

    The wine list is well balanced and there is a good selection of beers on tap.

    Veronique is French and runs front of house in a professional manner. Several evenings they have special food evenings such as steak or curry and the price is very competitive. Barry. "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Went here for dinner in the restaurant, the food was really good, we had lovely starters and the presentation was lovely! Main courses were also good and desserts were delicious! Service was good apart from waiting 20 minutes for the bill when we were the only people in the restaurant! Would definitely recommend it for dinner! Sabrina   "
    Posted 5 years, 5 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Only eaten in the pub but the food is incredibly good. Have eaten a couple of times there, different food each time but always the same quality. Nice beers on tap and sociable bar staff. Definitely recommend. David   "
    Posted 5 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Sharon said: "Great Food
    Great food can't fault it "
    Posted 9 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Excellent "
    Posted 10 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Clive said: "Nice place
    Very friendly place with good service. Had steaks, haddock and burger - all were of excellent quality. Nice buzz about the place. Really nothing negative to say. Our third visit and won't be the last. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Victoria said: "Great food, great service, great staff!
    Lovely pub serving wonderful food with fabulous service! We've eaten here several times in the last few months using our taste card and each meal has been fantastic. The food is really tasty French cuisine (as well as English dishes) served by very friendly staff who couldn't be more helpful. Portion sizes are also very good (be sure to leave enough room for one of their tasty puds!). It is not local to us but we hope to visit again soon for another enjpyable meal. 10/10 "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Food was lovely great staff!!! "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great food and bargain during the week. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gemma said: "Brilliant night x
    I went out for a meal with my best friend. I had a 3 course meal with 2 lime and sodas my friend had a 2 course meal with a white wine spritzer and all came to about £50 gave in my taste card with such ease 50% was taken off the bill only paying £25 so £12.50 each cheapest meal ever. Now the food was absolutely gorgeous can not fault it at all and will definitely go back time and time again xxx "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dawn said: "Fantastic
    From booking the table to paying the bill, the whole experience has been fantastic.
    The food was delicious, hot when brought out to the table. The staff are friendly and couldn't do enough for us.
    Thanks guy, a perfect birthday meal "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 4 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Smashing "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • JenniferS said: "Perfect Meal, Lovely Staff, Delicious Food
    Great value for money especially with your taste card. Food was gorgeous, great wine, and staff were really friendly and perfectly attentive. Highly recommended. And if you like mussels you just go for them ! I'll certainly be back :) "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dawn said: "Great evening out
    Booking a table at the Hare and Hounds was so easy, when I phoned up I was even allowed to choose the exact table I wanted. Mentioning the tastecard," that's great was the reply".
    The whole atmosphere within the pub was fantastic, the food has to easily be some of the best we have had in a long time.
    The staff were all very friendly and something you never normally get, they were happy to keep restocking the open fire that we sat in front of, at our request.
    Team members were happy to tell us of the pubs themed evenings and we were invited to come and join in them, We were actual actively encouraged to bring the grandchildren into the pub with us.
    It may be a 20 minute drive away from where we live, but after tonight, we both agree, we are going to make The Hare and Hounds our local. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 17 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Patricia said: "Best Food In Surrey
    Lovely pub and great atmosphere,great food and really good menu which is frequently varied,the staff are lovely. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said: "Superb!
    A must visit pub, great food and atmosphere! "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Barry said: "Great Food and Service
    Nick and the team give you a great welcome and the food lives up to expectations.

    The wine list is well balanced and there is a good selection of beers on tap.

    Veronique is French and runs front of house in a professional manner. Several evenings they have special food evenings such as steak or curry and the price is very competitive. Barry. "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Went here for dinner in the restaurant, the food was really good, we had lovely starters and the presentation was lovely! Main courses were also good and desserts were delicious! Service was good apart from waiting 20 minutes for the bill when we were the only people in the restaurant! Would definitely recommend it for dinner! Sabrina   "
    Posted 5 years, 5 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Only eaten in the pub but the food is incredibly good. Have eaten a couple of times there, different food each time but always the same quality. Nice beers on tap and sociable bar staff. Definitely recommend. David   "
    Posted 5 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review