tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The Voodoo Rooms image
The Voodoo Rooms image
The Voodoo Rooms image
The Voodoo Rooms image
The Voodoo Rooms image

2 for 1 at The Voodoo Rooms

One of Edinburgh’s sleekest style bars, The Voodoo Rooms bar is located above the Café Royal. The interior is dominated by a long black leather-studded bar and guests sip quality cocktails (like the rather decadent Tip of the Hat, a blend of Tanqueray 10 Gin, hot ginger syrup and absinthe diluted with fennel tea ice cubes) in semi-circular booths.

The space is compact, but richly and evocatively decorated with an intricate ceiling painted in shades of black and gold. Service is efficient and friendly and the atmosphere is determinedly upmarket and the five room space regularly plays host to special events, gigs and parties.

They aim to provide an eclectic and exotic range of live music, cabaret, clubs, events, gatherings, happenings, exhibitions & screenings so diverse and electrifying that it won’t just be their fine drinks, dining and lounging that will draw you back.

Food is served from 4pm - 10pm Monday - Thursday, and from noon - 10pm Friday - Sunday.

View all reviews
The Voodoo Rooms
Average member score
4.4 19
Diner rating
Excellent
10
Very good
6
Good
3
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
RON said
" Quick Thursday night dinner. Friendly staff. Good food. Will come back."
Read more
Ronnie said
" Quite a hidden gem within central Edinburgh close to the railway station.
Lovely setting,..."
Read more
MDUK said "Better Than It Looked
I visited the voodoo rooms during the fringe last year, it looks a bit tired in places so..."
Read more
Meldruke said "Excellent !!
Welcomed with a smile, water on table on arrival, great atmosphere, great service, great food,..."
Read more
Marge said "Magical Voodoo Experience
First visit, greeted on entry with smile and shown to our booked table in the cocktail bar water..."
Read more
ANN-MARIE said "Brilliant!
Food was amazing! I will definatley be recommending this place to my friends."
Read more
Lynette said "Very good food
This was the first time I've used my taste card and the staff were very helpful. The service..."
Read more
Shelley said
" Lovely and welcoming"
Read more
" The service and meal was first class Thank you"
Read more
Cornelius said "Great venue.
First class venue and staff. Would definitely recommend."
Read more
Louise said "Delicious food!
Delicious food and good service. No problem at all with using Tastecard. Only had one course as..."
Read more
Joanna said
" Everything was lovely food service cocktails only thing was it was a little cold inside!! Defo be..."
Read more
CHRIS said "Nice atmosphere
We went for Christmas dinner and we are satisfied with the whole experience. The food was good..."
Read more
Graham said "Great Lunch
Ate here for the first time. Duck Bruschetta for starter - simply awesome. Followed up with an..."
Read more
Wee said
" Food and ambience of the place was great. Service was slow and waitress kept serving things to..."
Read more
mark said "Magic
Fantastic food and staff and with the up and coming bands playing live after 10pm it does add..."
Read more
PT said
" Good choice of pub food, with a twist. The Thai green curry was freshly made with a good mix of..."
Read more
Sharon said "Fantastic!!
We booked The Voodoo Rooms using the Tastecard on a Thursday night. We found the place easy to..."
Read more
Moira said
" I've used my tastecard here a few times now and the food has always been fresh and..."
Read more
"A lively atmosphere with a band playing in another room, great choice of amazing food and the..."
Read more
"Faultless. Loved every bite. Pamela"
Read more
  • RON said:
    " Quick Thursday night dinner. Friendly staff. Good food. Will come back. "
    Posted 1 month, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ronnie said:
    " Quite a hidden gem within central Edinburgh close to the railway station.
    Lovely setting, great service, unfortunately the dark chocolate and chilli tart was well past it's best, jumping off the plate and on to the floor upon first attention with my spoon. This marred an otherwise great afternoon with friends. Without doubt I will return and will choose another dessert "
    Posted 3 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MDUK said: "Better Than It Looked
    I visited the voodoo rooms during the fringe last year, it looks a bit tired in places so I'd never even thought about eating there,

    I was back here this year for the fringe again, it was on the taste cars app so decided to give it a go. And it was nice, really nice. Saved £15 thanks to the app so dead chuffed "
    Posted 4 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Meldruke said: "Excellent !!
    Welcomed with a smile, water on table on arrival, great atmosphere, great service, great food, great cocktails, tastecard no problem and a proper 2 for 1 deal.... Not much more to be said, except we will definitely be back !! "
    Posted 8 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marge said: "Magical Voodoo Experience
    First visit, greeted on entry with smile and shown to our booked table in the cocktail bar water put down good start and simply got better with hot courses and tasty flavoursome food and then the cocktails!
    Pity we were unaware of this tasty corner of our town but shall make regular sorties back! "
    Posted 11 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ANN-MARIE said: "Brilliant!
    Food was amazing! I will definatley be recommending this place to my friends. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lynette said: "Very good food
    This was the first time I've used my taste card and the staff were very helpful. The service was excellent and I chose a fish meal which is something different for me and it was absolutely gorgeous as was my husbands chicken meal. I would recommend this restaurant "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 20 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shelley said:
    " Lovely and welcoming "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " The service and meal was first class Thank you "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cornelius said: "Great venue.
    First class venue and staff. Would definitely recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Louise said: "Delicious food!
    Delicious food and good service. No problem at all with using Tastecard. Only had one course as we didn't want more but both dishes were really good. Food was served quickly and waitress was really accommodating. Even managed to serve me a single glass of wine that I wanted when it's usually only sold by the bottle. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 14 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joanna said:
    " Everything was lovely food service cocktails only thing was it was a little cold inside!! Defo be going back thou x "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CHRIS said: "Nice atmosphere
    We went for Christmas dinner and we are satisfied with the whole experience. The food was good (especially the 28 aged rib eye), nice atmosphere, warm staff and enjoyed the music as I am fan of alternative rock. I highly recommend it. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 14 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Graham said: "Great Lunch
    Ate here for the first time. Duck Bruschetta for starter - simply awesome. Followed up with an amazing lamb burger and fries. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Wee said:
    " Food and ambience of the place was great. Service was slow and waitress kept serving things to the wrong table though. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • mark said: "Magic
    Fantastic food and staff and with the up and coming bands playing live after 10pm it does add that little bit of black magic. "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • PT said:
    " Good choice of pub food, with a twist. The Thai green curry was freshly made with a good mix of ingredients. The portion size was noticeably small compared to the price being charged. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 2 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sharon said: "Fantastic!!
    We booked The Voodoo Rooms using the Tastecard on a Thursday night. We found the place easy to find which was very busy when we arrived. We telephoned ahead and booked a table, which was ready within a couple of minutes of arriving. The staffs were very helpful and gave great service. We ordered soup of the day which was tomato and basil, which was fantastic and then we both had 10oz rib eye steak. This was cooked the exact way we asked for, and was in the most fantastic jus!! (Sauce to everyone else). The cucumber water which was also served was fantastic; it was that good I asked for another bottle. The prices of the steak at £16.95 and soup at £3.95 were great value with being right in the city centre. We stayed afterwards and had a cocktail or two which were very good as well. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the staff which is always a good thing. The atmosphere was excellent with the bar very busy, with the restaurant just off the main bar. I would recommend that you book a table. Well definitely be back. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 13 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Moira said:
    " I've used my tastecard here a few times now and the food has always been fresh and delicious! Friendly staff, a great atmosphere and not too many tables so you won't be forgotten about.
    It's great for a meal out in central Edinburgh, not to mention they have very yummy cocktails! "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 21 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "A lively atmosphere with a band playing in another room, great choice of amazing food and the cocktails are something special, (I recommend the silver ghost!) Staff were really lovely, friendly and helpful at suggesting drinks- there is a lot to choose from! Would never have found the Voodoo Rooms without the tastecard offer- it's a little tricky to find but this gives the place a quieter, exclusive kind of feel despite being right in the heart of Edinburgh city centre. I will definitely be back and soon! Jessica "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Faultless. Loved every bite. Pamela "
    Posted 5 years, 6 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • RON said:
    " Quick Thursday night dinner. Friendly staff. Good food. Will come back. "
    Posted 1 month, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ronnie said:
    " Quite a hidden gem within central Edinburgh close to the railway station.
    Lovely setting, great service, unfortunately the dark chocolate and chilli tart was well past it's best, jumping off the plate and on to the floor upon first attention with my spoon. This marred an otherwise great afternoon with friends. Without doubt I will return and will choose another dessert "
    Posted 3 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MDUK said: "Better Than It Looked
    I visited the voodoo rooms during the fringe last year, it looks a bit tired in places so I'd never even thought about eating there,

    I was back here this year for the fringe again, it was on the taste cars app so decided to give it a go. And it was nice, really nice. Saved £15 thanks to the app so dead chuffed "
    Posted 4 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Meldruke said: "Excellent !!
    Welcomed with a smile, water on table on arrival, great atmosphere, great service, great food, great cocktails, tastecard no problem and a proper 2 for 1 deal.... Not much more to be said, except we will definitely be back !! "
    Posted 8 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marge said: "Magical Voodoo Experience
    First visit, greeted on entry with smile and shown to our booked table in the cocktail bar water put down good start and simply got better with hot courses and tasty flavoursome food and then the cocktails!
    Pity we were unaware of this tasty corner of our town but shall make regular sorties back! "
    Posted 11 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ANN-MARIE said: "Brilliant!
    Food was amazing! I will definatley be recommending this place to my friends. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lynette said: "Very good food
    This was the first time I've used my taste card and the staff were very helpful. The service was excellent and I chose a fish meal which is something different for me and it was absolutely gorgeous as was my husbands chicken meal. I would recommend this restaurant "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 20 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shelley said:
    " Lovely and welcoming "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " The service and meal was first class Thank you "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cornelius said: "Great venue.
    First class venue and staff. Would definitely recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Louise said: "Delicious food!
    Delicious food and good service. No problem at all with using Tastecard. Only had one course as we didn't want more but both dishes were really good. Food was served quickly and waitress was really accommodating. Even managed to serve me a single glass of wine that I wanted when it's usually only sold by the bottle. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 14 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joanna said:
    " Everything was lovely food service cocktails only thing was it was a little cold inside!! Defo be going back thou x "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CHRIS said: "Nice atmosphere
    We went for Christmas dinner and we are satisfied with the whole experience. The food was good (especially the 28 aged rib eye), nice atmosphere, warm staff and enjoyed the music as I am fan of alternative rock. I highly recommend it. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 14 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Graham said: "Great Lunch
    Ate here for the first time. Duck Bruschetta for starter - simply awesome. Followed up with an amazing lamb burger and fries. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Wee said:
    " Food and ambience of the place was great. Service was slow and waitress kept serving things to the wrong table though. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • mark said: "Magic
    Fantastic food and staff and with the up and coming bands playing live after 10pm it does add that little bit of black magic. "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • PT said:
    " Good choice of pub food, with a twist. The Thai green curry was freshly made with a good mix of ingredients. The portion size was noticeably small compared to the price being charged. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 2 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sharon said: "Fantastic!!
    We booked The Voodoo Rooms using the Tastecard on a Thursday night. We found the place easy to find which was very busy when we arrived. We telephoned ahead and booked a table, which was ready within a couple of minutes of arriving. The staffs were very helpful and gave great service. We ordered soup of the day which was tomato and basil, which was fantastic and then we both had 10oz rib eye steak. This was cooked the exact way we asked for, and was in the most fantastic jus!! (Sauce to everyone else). The cucumber water which was also served was fantastic; it was that good I asked for another bottle. The prices of the steak at £16.95 and soup at £3.95 were great value with being right in the city centre. We stayed afterwards and had a cocktail or two which were very good as well. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the staff which is always a good thing. The atmosphere was excellent with the bar very busy, with the restaurant just off the main bar. I would recommend that you book a table. Well definitely be back. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 13 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Moira said:
    " I've used my tastecard here a few times now and the food has always been fresh and delicious! Friendly staff, a great atmosphere and not too many tables so you won't be forgotten about.
    It's great for a meal out in central Edinburgh, not to mention they have very yummy cocktails! "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 21 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "A lively atmosphere with a band playing in another room, great choice of amazing food and the cocktails are something special, (I recommend the silver ghost!) Staff were really lovely, friendly and helpful at suggesting drinks- there is a lot to choose from! Would never have found the Voodoo Rooms without the tastecard offer- it's a little tricky to find but this gives the place a quieter, exclusive kind of feel despite being right in the heart of Edinburgh city centre. I will definitely be back and soon! Jessica "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Faultless. Loved every bite. Pamela "
    Posted 5 years, 6 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review