tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredAvailable December
Thali:Thali image

2 for 1 at Thali:Thali

When Thali:Thali opened in 2003, it was their mission to provide a superior Indian dining experience by offering dishes which were more focused on rich flavours than hot spices, set against the contemporary background of a modern restaurant.

The head chef, Vikrant Sood, has honed his cooking skills by working in the Oberoi’s, a prestigious group of hotels in South East Asia.

They have chosen a number of tantalizing dishes from different regions of India which offer a greater range of authentic cuisine than traditional Indian restaurants, including their now famous Thalis. A Thali is a stainless steel or elaborately decorated gold or silver tray with several small pots or "katoris" filled with small individual samples of food chosen from different regions of India.

Dining here is a tantalizing experience for all the senses. From the sophisticated decor to the quality of the food, you`ll see that there are many factors which differentiate Thali Thali from the array of other Indian restaurants out there.

Important Information

Please note: two people must dine in the restaurant to use the tastecard. A maximum of 4 diners with 2 tastecards per booking will be accepted. The tastecard discount cannot be used on takeaways and is not available on New Year’s Eve or Valentine’s Day.

View all reviews
Thali:Thali
Average member score
4.3 7
Diner rating
Excellent
5
Very good
0
Good
1
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Marco said "Very Nice Experience
Lovely feel to it. Personalised service. The manager was very helpful, the waitresses very..."
Read more
Tom said "Well below par...
Unremarkable food, woeful service, shan't rush back!

An understaffed Saturday..."
Read more
Amit said "Lovely
Tasty food, good ambience, very friendly staff Indra and Vinod. We will surely come back. Shefali..."
Read more
Kat said "Awesome Food And Great Selection
Food was delicious, one of the best Indians we have ever eaten and there was a huge choice..."
Read more
Andrew said
" Excellent food and service"
Read more
Ne86 said "Delicious Indian Cuisine
Very nice and tasty
food, quick and friendly service"
Read more
Xin said "lamb chops are very nice
best Indian restaurant In woking"
Read more
"Had a really lovely meal here. Two for one only counts on the main meals and not on naan, rice..."
Read more
"Excellent service, good decor, good food and very friendly staff. We will definitely return...."
Read more
"Great menu with a huge choice. The Thali’s are especially good value with a taste of two..."
Read more
  • Marco said: "Very Nice Experience
    Lovely feel to it. Personalised service. The manager was very helpful, the waitresses very friendly. Food arrived timely.
    Loved the various tastes. Very nice meal indeed "
    Posted 1 month, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tom said: "Well below par...
    Unremarkable food, woeful service, shan't rush back!

    An understaffed Saturday night was apparent, as it took us 15 minutes to be offered drinks and another ten for a lassi to arrive. Sadly, when sucking on the lassi's straw, a piece of green abrasive scouring pad arrived very unpleasantly in my mouth. I informed the waiter and then prompted him some ten minutes later for my replacement.

    The food wasn't particularly interesting, sadly. My lamb kebab starter was lukewarm and ordinary; my girlfriend's salmon tickets was more flavourful but overcooked. My main (chef's special chicken) wasn't special, Burwash pleasant enough. My girlfriend's chicken dish was unappetisingly grey and bland.

    Even with the cheapest starter and main removed from the bill (at my suggestion, despite booking stating the taste card) this is poor value. The food isn't up to scratch, the service is glacial and there is little hospitality. The owner (?) was charming and pleasant but with too few staff they clearly don't have the time to take care of guests properly. I had to describe my coat to the waiter in order to get it back - eventually I had to go rummage around in the coat closet on his behalf because he couldn't find it.

    My advice? Avoid this place. Use your card elsewhere. "
    Posted 3 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Amit said: "Lovely
    Tasty food, good ambience, very friendly staff Indra and Vinod. We will surely come back. Shefali and Amit "
    Posted 4 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kat said: "Awesome Food And Great Selection
    Food was delicious, one of the best Indians we have ever eaten and there was a huge choice (almost too much) "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said:
    " Excellent food and service "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ne86 said: "Delicious Indian Cuisine
    Very nice and tasty
    food, quick and friendly service "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Xin said: "lamb chops are very nice
    best Indian restaurant In woking "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Had a really lovely meal here. Two for one only counts on the main meals and not on naan, rice etc. But saying that it still gave us a great discount and being one of the only Indian restaurants accepting the tastecard in my local area means I will return. "
    Posted 5 years, 3 months, 24 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Excellent service, good decor, good food and very friendly staff. We will definitely return. Raymond "
    Posted 5 years, 4 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Great menu with a huge choice. The Thali’s are especially good value with a taste of two curries, rice, naan dhal and veg sides. Really good quality and tasty. Meat was really tender and there was no grease in sight. Good service. We went in a Friday night. Poppadums, two mains, a side and two beers came to £30 with the 241 deal. Beth   "
    Posted 5 years, 10 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Marco said: "Very Nice Experience
    Lovely feel to it. Personalised service. The manager was very helpful, the waitresses very friendly. Food arrived timely.
    Loved the various tastes. Very nice meal indeed "
    Posted 1 month, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tom said: "Well below par...
    Unremarkable food, woeful service, shan't rush back!

    An understaffed Saturday night was apparent, as it took us 15 minutes to be offered drinks and another ten for a lassi to arrive. Sadly, when sucking on the lassi's straw, a piece of green abrasive scouring pad arrived very unpleasantly in my mouth. I informed the waiter and then prompted him some ten minutes later for my replacement.

    The food wasn't particularly interesting, sadly. My lamb kebab starter was lukewarm and ordinary; my girlfriend's salmon tickets was more flavourful but overcooked. My main (chef's special chicken) wasn't special, Burwash pleasant enough. My girlfriend's chicken dish was unappetisingly grey and bland.

    Even with the cheapest starter and main removed from the bill (at my suggestion, despite booking stating the taste card) this is poor value. The food isn't up to scratch, the service is glacial and there is little hospitality. The owner (?) was charming and pleasant but with too few staff they clearly don't have the time to take care of guests properly. I had to describe my coat to the waiter in order to get it back - eventually I had to go rummage around in the coat closet on his behalf because he couldn't find it.

    My advice? Avoid this place. Use your card elsewhere. "
    Posted 3 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Amit said: "Lovely
    Tasty food, good ambience, very friendly staff Indra and Vinod. We will surely come back. Shefali and Amit "
    Posted 4 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kat said: "Awesome Food And Great Selection
    Food was delicious, one of the best Indians we have ever eaten and there was a huge choice (almost too much) "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said:
    " Excellent food and service "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ne86 said: "Delicious Indian Cuisine
    Very nice and tasty
    food, quick and friendly service "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Xin said: "lamb chops are very nice
    best Indian restaurant In woking "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Had a really lovely meal here. Two for one only counts on the main meals and not on naan, rice etc. But saying that it still gave us a great discount and being one of the only Indian restaurants accepting the tastecard in my local area means I will return. "
    Posted 5 years, 3 months, 24 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Excellent service, good decor, good food and very friendly staff. We will definitely return. Raymond "
    Posted 5 years, 4 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Great menu with a huge choice. The Thali’s are especially good value with a taste of two curries, rice, naan dhal and veg sides. Really good quality and tasty. Meat was really tender and there was no grease in sight. Good service. We went in a Friday night. Poppadums, two mains, a side and two beers came to £30 with the 241 deal. Beth   "
    Posted 5 years, 10 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review