tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Bombay Spice image
Bombay Spice image

2 for 1 at Bombay Spice

The Bombay Spice is conveniently situated in the heart of the City of York close to York Minster and all York's fantastic attractions.

The Yorkshire, and overall England, winner of the English Curry Awards 2016 best restaurant award, diners visiting this exemplary curry house can indulge themselves in some of the best curry around.

The Bombay Spice restaurant offers a contemporary designed interior which is warm, stylish and inviting. Every member of staff is friendly and helpful, all more than happy to advise guests of which dish best suits their palates.

An excellent menu offers with a wide variety of Indian and Bangladeshi dishes, with a selection of special duck and fish dishes. Whatever you choose from the extensive menu, you can be certain that your evening will be spiced up with a visit here.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on Bank Holidays or on Celebration Days including Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, Mothering Sunday, Father's Day, etc.

View all reviews
Bombay Spice
Average member score
4.6 40
Diner rating
Excellent
28
Very good
10
Good
0
Average
1
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Angela said "Fab
Food and service 1st class"
Read more
Derek said
" Excellent"
Read more
Derek said "Derek
Excellent"
Read more
Mat said
" Amazing"
Read more
Ian said
" This place serves great food.The service is smooth.Shohel runs the place with quiet efficiency..."
Read more
Nick said "Fantastic Food
Tried something different and did not regret it - great restaurant and food was fab - very tasty..."
Read more
JECM said "Amazing!
Delicious food and great service. Some more unusual dishes on the menu as well as classics, and..."
Read more
DAVID said "Lovely
The food here is stunning. We came on a very busy night and the service and food quality was..."
Read more
Ralston said
" Very tasty very friendly"
Read more
Neil said "Recommend, highly !
A great experience all round; excellent guest service and first class quality food. Staff are..."
Read more
Pussum said
" Wonderful despite a good mixup"
Read more
Colin said
" Had a fantastic night at Bombay Spice last night. Wonderfully attended to by Sohal. Our starters..."
Read more
Jill said
" Lovely place, food amazing, happy and friendly staff"
Read more
Rechelle said
" They weren't sure àbout the taste card to begin with... I felt really embarrassed about..."
Read more
peter said "Always a pleasant evening.
Been here a number of times. Always have a nice evening. Food is always very good. Staff are..."
Read more
Debs said
" Wonderful food wonderful service well
Recommended"
Read more
Claire-Louise said "Food Ok Service Bad
Busy restaurant but no excuse for bad service.We ordered poppadoms to start they came and where..."
Read more
"Brilliant Meal
Had an incredible meal with my friend 3 starters between us and 2 currys for £21. My friend said..."
Read more
Henry said
" Tried this restaurant on a Friday night on a holiday weekend visit to York; hard to find a..."
Read more
Keith said
" Brill"
Read more
Rohan said "Not a great experience on valentine day
I had planned for YORK trip on this valentines day. Since I had taste card , I thought of..."
Read more
IAN said "Great meal
It was a fantastic meal and the staff were so helpful and made you feel they wanted you to enjoy..."
Read more
cynthia said
" very good! like it very much!"
Read more
Potter said
" Visited here twice during our 4 day stay in York.Everything about this place is brilliant,the..."
Read more
Yorkie said "Enjoyable
We really enjoyed the food, great service from the staff but a bit slow at times. Would..."
Read more
Ben said
" Excellent food and reasonably priced. Staff were very friendly and welcoming."
Read more
Daryl said
" This is without doubt the best curry house in York , they are very accommodating to your needs ,..."
Read more
andrew said
" Excellent food, very friendly and welcoming staff made it a very enjoyable evening."
Read more
Beej said "Fantastic
Fantastic meal and fantastic service. Thanks to the staff at the Bombay spice. Very impressed."
Read more
Gordon said "Excellent
Excellent"
Read more
" Really enjoyed the food good value for money"
Read more
peter said "Another good visit
Another visit to bombay spice. this time we called on the spur of the moment. without booking...."
Read more
Paul said "Excellent Spot
Food was very good. It's the 2nd time we have been. Would recommend excellent value for..."
Read more
peter said "Food was great and service good
We called here last saturday night as bombay spice are one of the few who allow tastecard 7 days..."
Read more
Steph said "Good restaurant
Good tasty food, no sign of the grease that can plague some restaurants. We came on a quiet night..."
Read more
Kenneth said "Ken Peake
Visited on Wednesday 26th March 2014. Absolutely splendid. Really good staff, service and food...."
Read more
Kamila said "The best curry!
Excellante food! Really worth to try!"
Read more
Zoe said "Not so spice...
It was a merry atmosphere, we were greeting and seated nicely. The food was nice but extremely..."
Read more
Sarah said "Great place to use your tastecard on a Saturday night.
Food great service fabulous will definitely be returning"
Read more
Jo said "What a great meal
Top marks to this restaurant, the meal we enjoyed on Sunday was excellent. Everything was so..."
Read more
"Well worth a visit. Extensive menu, very good food. Try one of the duck dishes for a change from..."
Read more
  • Angela said: "Fab
    Food and service 1st class "
    Posted 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Derek said:
    " Excellent "
    Posted 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Derek said: "Derek
    Excellent "
    Posted 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mat said:
    " Amazing "
    Posted 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ian said:
    " This place serves great food.The service is smooth.Shohel runs the place with quiet efficiency and is very personable. "
    Posted 1 month, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said: "Fantastic Food
    Tried something different and did not regret it - great restaurant and food was fab - very tasty - try it, you too won't regret it. "
    Posted 3 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • JECM said: "Amazing!
    Delicious food and great service. Some more unusual dishes on the menu as well as classics, and all were fabulous. Lamb green masala is phenomenal and house red is very easy to drink! The service from staff was great, they were a great laugh but not too overbearing. Definitely coming back! "
    Posted 3 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DAVID said: "Lovely
    The food here is stunning. We came on a very busy night and the service and food quality was excellent. "
    Posted 6 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ralston said:
    " Very tasty very friendly "
    Posted 7 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Neil said: "Recommend, highly !
    A great experience all round; excellent guest service and first class quality food. Staff are extremely helpful and attentative without being overbearing or pushy. An excellent fine dinning Indian establishment :-) highly recommend a visit. "
    Posted 7 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pussum said:
    " Wonderful despite a good mixup "
    Posted 8 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Colin said:
    " Had a fantastic night at Bombay Spice last night. Wonderfully attended to by Sohal. Our starters were perfect and my main meal, Murgi Mass, a chicken based lamb mince meal set on fire with a dash of Sambuca was simply divine! We were simply spoiled last night on a truly romantic meal out. Can recommend highly the restaurant, the staff and the food. "
    Posted 9 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jill said:
    " Lovely place, food amazing, happy and friendly staff "
    Posted 10 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rechelle said:
    " They weren't sure àbout the taste card to begin with... I felt really embarrassed about asking about it.. the waiter made me feel unwelcome about mentioning the taste card.. so didn't like it.. but he was OK later on.. need to be aware about it because I don't like to feel embarrassed.. anyway they're all OK after that.. lovely food and service after. It's a shame it started that way... "
    Posted 10 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • peter said: "Always a pleasant evening.
    Been here a number of times. Always have a nice evening. Food is always very good. Staff are polite and friendly. Sohel made us very welcome and made sure we were happy with the dishes. The Bombay is also willing to accept tastecard at weekends. Recommend. "
    Posted 11 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Debs said:
    " Wonderful food wonderful service well
    Recommended "
    Posted 1 year, 19 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Claire-Louise said: "Food Ok Service Bad
    Busy restaurant but no excuse for bad service.We ordered poppadoms to start they came and where soggy and stale dips ok salad came In such a small pot hardly a mouthful each ordered main courses at 9pm after an hour of waiting we asked waiter what had happened and he says be patient we very busy be 5 minutes. We Finally got mains at 10.15 and they were ok nothing brilliant.Waiters not very friendly or offered drinks etc won't be going again "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Brilliant Meal
    Had an incredible meal with my friend 3 starters between us and 2 currys for £21. My friend said his shalikal buna was the best curry he ever had. The service was very efficient and we got complimentary brandys even though we were using tastecard. Cannot recommend more. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Henry said:
    " Tried this restaurant on a Friday night on a holiday weekend visit to York; hard to find a Tastecard deal on a Friday night In York. Glad we did; the starter and main for both of us were excellent, and my good lady loved the salmon and prawn in coconut and mango sauce. Excellent and friendly staff ensured good service throughout our visit. Value for money with this great dining experience. Would recommend this to my friends and will be back when next in York. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 4 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Keith said:
    " Brill "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rohan said: "Not a great experience on valentine day
    I had planned for YORK trip on this valentines day. Since I had taste card , I thought of availing it in York's best Indian restaurant based on ratings. so I choose BOMBAY SPICE. But when I visited it with my wife , experience was far from what I expected.
    First if I have to rate food , it was OK but not what we expect from INDIAN restaurant. Fish starter was tasting like any other FISH n chips dish from British restro n lacked Indian taste. Chicken dish [which was rated as HOT in menu card ] was very sweet in taste. Still I would have rated this as good experience but the service didn't help much. There were 3 people attending BOMBAY SPICE , One bit senior and two younger guys. Senior guy was polite and very well behaved. But two younger guys who were taking order and serving food were far from welcoming in nature. FIRST they behaved like availing taste card is crime. treatment to normal customer and with taste card was totally different. This ruined my Valentine day Lunch.
    Although while leaving they gave us Rose and chocolates as a goodwill gesture but damage was already done by two INDIVIDUALS serving at BOMBAY SPICE. I will not recommend it to any of my friends visiting York. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 14 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • IAN said: "Great meal
    It was a fantastic meal and the staff were so helpful and made you feel they wanted you to enjoy your evening.:-) "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • cynthia said:
    " very good! like it very much! "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Potter said:
    " Visited here twice during our 4 day stay in York.Everything about this place is brilliant,the food is different from what we are used to and I must say very much better.I prefer a hotter curry and whist it was hot it did have a fantastic taste not just pure heat.The staff were very friendly and attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them.The place is spotless and we will certainly go back next time.You do have to remember that if you order just main meals,rice,nan,side dishes and poppadoms as we did you get the discount on just the main meal and our bill was reduced by £8 "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 4 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Yorkie said: "Enjoyable
    We really enjoyed the food, great service from the staff but a bit slow at times. Would definitely recommend and will definitely visit again. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said:
    " Excellent food and reasonably priced. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Daryl said:
    " This is without doubt the best curry house in York , they are very accommodating to your needs , never had a bad meal yet , and always receive my taste card discount , even on a Saturday night . You even get a complimentary brandy or baileys ! "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • andrew said:
    " Excellent food, very friendly and welcoming staff made it a very enjoyable evening. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Beej said: "Fantastic
    Fantastic meal and fantastic service. Thanks to the staff at the Bombay spice. Very impressed. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gordon said: "Excellent
    Excellent "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Really enjoyed the food good value for money "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • peter said: "Another good visit
    Another visit to bombay spice. this time we called on the spur of the moment. without booking. Even so we were welcomed in all the same and given a table. yet another lovely meal with good service . the sheer convenience of this place on tastecard gives it top marks for me. :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Excellent Spot
    Food was very good. It's the 2nd time we have been. Would recommend excellent value for money using the taste card. Bonus to be able to use it on a Saturday. Will go back defiantly . "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • peter said: "Food was great and service good
    We called here last saturday night as bombay spice are one of the few who allow tastecard 7 days a week. The staff are there a polite and service is good. The food was really good to with plenty of choice on the menu. The prices are very reasonable to for a york establishment. I would happily recommend this to others. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steph said: "Good restaurant
    Good tasty food, no sign of the grease that can plague some restaurants. We came on a quiet night but had an enjoyable experience. We got 2 for 1 on mains (and starters - which was a nice surprise when we got the bill). The food was well presented and full of flavour, the menu had a good range of options to choose from. We would recommend Bombay Spice. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kenneth said: "Ken Peake
    Visited on Wednesday 26th March 2014. Absolutely splendid. Really good staff, service and food. Well worth a visit. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kamila said: "The best curry!
    Excellante food! Really worth to try! "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Zoe said: "Not so spice...
    It was a merry atmosphere, we were greeting and seated nicely. The food was nice but extremely westernised... there wasn't muh flavour, not a hint of spicyness. The staff were great and before we left they gave us each a whiskey on the house so all in all a great experience. Just a wasn't impressed by the food... gotta go to bradford for a real curry! :-) "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Great place to use your tastecard on a Saturday night.
    Food great service fabulous will definitely be returning "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 22 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jo said: "What a great meal
    Top marks to this restaurant, the meal we enjoyed on Sunday was excellent. Everything was so tasty and well presented. The staff were great too, I can honestly say it was the best Indian meal I have had. Such a change from other places we've visited in places like York which don't seem to be bothered about repeat business! We will definitely be back - thank you Jo. "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 21 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Well worth a visit. Extensive menu, very good food. Try one of the duck dishes for a change from the norm. Tony "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 8 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Angela said: "Fab
    Food and service 1st class "
    Posted 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Derek said:
    " Excellent "
    Posted 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Derek said: "Derek
    Excellent "
    Posted 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mat said:
    " Amazing "
    Posted 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ian said:
    " This place serves great food.The service is smooth.Shohel runs the place with quiet efficiency and is very personable. "
    Posted 1 month, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said: "Fantastic Food
    Tried something different and did not regret it - great restaurant and food was fab - very tasty - try it, you too won't regret it. "
    Posted 3 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • JECM said: "Amazing!
    Delicious food and great service. Some more unusual dishes on the menu as well as classics, and all were fabulous. Lamb green masala is phenomenal and house red is very easy to drink! The service from staff was great, they were a great laugh but not too overbearing. Definitely coming back! "
    Posted 3 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DAVID said: "Lovely
    The food here is stunning. We came on a very busy night and the service and food quality was excellent. "
    Posted 6 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ralston said:
    " Very tasty very friendly "
    Posted 7 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Neil said: "Recommend, highly !
    A great experience all round; excellent guest service and first class quality food. Staff are extremely helpful and attentative without being overbearing or pushy. An excellent fine dinning Indian establishment :-) highly recommend a visit. "
    Posted 7 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pussum said:
    " Wonderful despite a good mixup "
    Posted 8 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Colin said:
    " Had a fantastic night at Bombay Spice last night. Wonderfully attended to by Sohal. Our starters were perfect and my main meal, Murgi Mass, a chicken based lamb mince meal set on fire with a dash of Sambuca was simply divine! We were simply spoiled last night on a truly romantic meal out. Can recommend highly the restaurant, the staff and the food. "
    Posted 9 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jill said:
    " Lovely place, food amazing, happy and friendly staff "
    Posted 10 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rechelle said:
    " They weren't sure àbout the taste card to begin with... I felt really embarrassed about asking about it.. the waiter made me feel unwelcome about mentioning the taste card.. so didn't like it.. but he was OK later on.. need to be aware about it because I don't like to feel embarrassed.. anyway they're all OK after that.. lovely food and service after. It's a shame it started that way... "
    Posted 10 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • peter said: "Always a pleasant evening.
    Been here a number of times. Always have a nice evening. Food is always very good. Staff are polite and friendly. Sohel made us very welcome and made sure we were happy with the dishes. The Bombay is also willing to accept tastecard at weekends. Recommend. "
    Posted 11 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Debs said:
    " Wonderful food wonderful service well
    Recommended "
    Posted 1 year, 19 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Claire-Louise said: "Food Ok Service Bad
    Busy restaurant but no excuse for bad service.We ordered poppadoms to start they came and where soggy and stale dips ok salad came In such a small pot hardly a mouthful each ordered main courses at 9pm after an hour of waiting we asked waiter what had happened and he says be patient we very busy be 5 minutes. We Finally got mains at 10.15 and they were ok nothing brilliant.Waiters not very friendly or offered drinks etc won't be going again "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Brilliant Meal
    Had an incredible meal with my friend 3 starters between us and 2 currys for £21. My friend said his shalikal buna was the best curry he ever had. The service was very efficient and we got complimentary brandys even though we were using tastecard. Cannot recommend more. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Henry said:
    " Tried this restaurant on a Friday night on a holiday weekend visit to York; hard to find a Tastecard deal on a Friday night In York. Glad we did; the starter and main for both of us were excellent, and my good lady loved the salmon and prawn in coconut and mango sauce. Excellent and friendly staff ensured good service throughout our visit. Value for money with this great dining experience. Would recommend this to my friends and will be back when next in York. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 4 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Keith said:
    " Brill "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rohan said: "Not a great experience on valentine day
    I had planned for YORK trip on this valentines day. Since I had taste card , I thought of availing it in York's best Indian restaurant based on ratings. so I choose BOMBAY SPICE. But when I visited it with my wife , experience was far from what I expected.
    First if I have to rate food , it was OK but not what we expect from INDIAN restaurant. Fish starter was tasting like any other FISH n chips dish from British restro n lacked Indian taste. Chicken dish [which was rated as HOT in menu card ] was very sweet in taste. Still I would have rated this as good experience but the service didn't help much. There were 3 people attending BOMBAY SPICE , One bit senior and two younger guys. Senior guy was polite and very well behaved. But two younger guys who were taking order and serving food were far from welcoming in nature. FIRST they behaved like availing taste card is crime. treatment to normal customer and with taste card was totally different. This ruined my Valentine day Lunch.
    Although while leaving they gave us Rose and chocolates as a goodwill gesture but damage was already done by two INDIVIDUALS serving at BOMBAY SPICE. I will not recommend it to any of my friends visiting York. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 14 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • IAN said: "Great meal
    It was a fantastic meal and the staff were so helpful and made you feel they wanted you to enjoy your evening.:-) "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • cynthia said:
    " very good! like it very much! "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Potter said:
    " Visited here twice during our 4 day stay in York.Everything about this place is brilliant,the food is different from what we are used to and I must say very much better.I prefer a hotter curry and whist it was hot it did have a fantastic taste not just pure heat.The staff were very friendly and attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them.The place is spotless and we will certainly go back next time.You do have to remember that if you order just main meals,rice,nan,side dishes and poppadoms as we did you get the discount on just the main meal and our bill was reduced by £8 "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 4 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Yorkie said: "Enjoyable
    We really enjoyed the food, great service from the staff but a bit slow at times. Would definitely recommend and will definitely visit again. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ben said:
    " Excellent food and reasonably priced. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Daryl said:
    " This is without doubt the best curry house in York , they are very accommodating to your needs , never had a bad meal yet , and always receive my taste card discount , even on a Saturday night . You even get a complimentary brandy or baileys ! "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • andrew said:
    " Excellent food, very friendly and welcoming staff made it a very enjoyable evening. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Beej said: "Fantastic
    Fantastic meal and fantastic service. Thanks to the staff at the Bombay spice. Very impressed. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gordon said: "Excellent
    Excellent "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Really enjoyed the food good value for money "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • peter said: "Another good visit
    Another visit to bombay spice. this time we called on the spur of the moment. without booking. Even so we were welcomed in all the same and given a table. yet another lovely meal with good service . the sheer convenience of this place on tastecard gives it top marks for me. :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Excellent Spot
    Food was very good. It's the 2nd time we have been. Would recommend excellent value for money using the taste card. Bonus to be able to use it on a Saturday. Will go back defiantly . "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • peter said: "Food was great and service good
    We called here last saturday night as bombay spice are one of the few who allow tastecard 7 days a week. The staff are there a polite and service is good. The food was really good to with plenty of choice on the menu. The prices are very reasonable to for a york establishment. I would happily recommend this to others. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steph said: "Good restaurant
    Good tasty food, no sign of the grease that can plague some restaurants. We came on a quiet night but had an enjoyable experience. We got 2 for 1 on mains (and starters - which was a nice surprise when we got the bill). The food was well presented and full of flavour, the menu had a good range of options to choose from. We would recommend Bombay Spice. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kenneth said: "Ken Peake
    Visited on Wednesday 26th March 2014. Absolutely splendid. Really good staff, service and food. Well worth a visit. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kamila said: "The best curry!
    Excellante food! Really worth to try! "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Zoe said: "Not so spice...
    It was a merry atmosphere, we were greeting and seated nicely. The food was nice but extremely westernised... there wasn't muh flavour, not a hint of spicyness. The staff were great and before we left they gave us each a whiskey on the house so all in all a great experience. Just a wasn't impressed by the food... gotta go to bradford for a real curry! :-) "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said: "Great place to use your tastecard on a Saturday night.
    Food great service fabulous will definitely be returning "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 22 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jo said: "What a great meal
    Top marks to this restaurant, the meal we enjoyed on Sunday was excellent. Everything was so tasty and well presented. The staff were great too, I can honestly say it was the best Indian meal I have had. Such a change from other places we've visited in places like York which don't seem to be bothered about repeat business! We will definitely be back - thank you Jo. "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 21 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Well worth a visit. Extensive menu, very good food. Try one of the duck dishes for a change from the norm. Tony "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 8 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review