tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Brooklands Restaurant @ Holiday Inn Barnsley image
Brooklands Restaurant @ Holiday Inn Barnsley image
Brooklands Restaurant @ Holiday Inn Barnsley image

2 for 1 at Brooklands Restaurant @ Holiday Inn Barnsley

The Holiday Inn Hotel Barnsley, is a modern hotel off the M1 motorway at Jct 37 conveniently located between Sheffield and Leeds.

The Brooklands Restaurant enjoys an excellent reputation for delicious food and stylish surroundings.

Pristine white linen and sparkling glassware set the scene for your meal, with a choice from the extensive à la carte menu which offers a tempting selection of modern English and intercontinental cuisine.

And those in the know will tell you that the restaurant’s famous Barnsley Chop lives up to its reputation - come when you are hungry!

A carefully selected wine list offers wines from around the world to provide the perfect accompaniment to every meal.

Brooklands Restaurant is open to both guests and the general public for a tasty, relaxing and enjoyable dining experience.

Important Information

Please Note: tastecard is available Mon-Fri evenings in The Brooklands Restaurant on the A La Carte menu only. as per tastecard rules, tastecard is not available with any other offer.

View all reviews
Brooklands Restaurant @ Holiday Inn Barnsley
Average member score
3.7 7
Diner rating
Excellent
2
Very good
3
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Steven said
" A pleasant lunch in nice quiet surroundings Will come again"
Read more
Steve said
" No problem with card. Lovely battered fish, I am not a lover of the big chunky chips. We had..."
Read more
Andrew said "Tasty food brilliant service
Me and the wife just had evening meal here, food and service fantastic, nothing else to say...:-)"
Read more
JOANNE said
" Fantastic food"
Read more
Dawn said "Lovely food
Had to wait along time for food to be served. But rhe food was lovely. To say it was a Saturday..."
Read more
Robert said
" Dinner for two on Monday evening. The starters were good but the main courses, two Beef..."
Read more
Margaret said
" We have been for Sunday Lunch today and the meal was really good value for money - special offer..."
Read more
"Had yet another superb Sunday lunch at this restaurant, excellent food, brilliant atmosphere,..."
Read more
"Had a superb three course dinner at the Brooklands on Friday night. Was lucky enough to book on..."
Read more
"Sunday lunch with my family was excellent, food, staff and service could not have been better...."
Read more
"Have been twice to this restaurant in as many weeks, the food is of excellent Quality, the staff..."
Read more
  • Steven said:
    " A pleasant lunch in nice quiet surroundings Will come again "
    Posted 2 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said:
    " No problem with card. Lovely battered fish, I am not a lover of the big chunky chips. We had a 25 wait for our meal but it was fine when it arrived. "
    Posted 3 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said: "Tasty food brilliant service
    Me and the wife just had evening meal here, food and service fantastic, nothing else to say...:-) "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • JOANNE said:
    " Fantastic food "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dawn said: "Lovely food
    Had to wait along time for food to be served. But rhe food was lovely. To say it was a Saturday night the restaurant was empty whilst in there only another 2 couples were in. There were no atmosphere in the restaurant at all. Staff were passing through to go to the functions. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Robert said:
    " Dinner for two on Monday evening. The starters were good but the main courses, two Beef Wellington, were dreadful. It was supposed to be fillet steak but I have never seen fillet steak with gristle in it making cutting it a mammoth task. We could not eat it and sent it back, paid for one of the two starters and a bottle of wine and left.
    The situation was not helped by the waitress saying there was nothing wrong with steak and that we just did not like the Beef Wellington. I have been dining out for over 50 years and know what fillet steak should be like but this was, at best, rump and not very good rump at that.
    I shall not be going there again. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 28 days ago...
    7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Margaret said:
    " We have been for Sunday Lunch today and the meal was really good value for money - special offer through Bee Vouchers 2 for 1!

    The only thing that lets it down is the drinks prices - especially the wine which is extortionate! We usually share a bottle of wine but not at those prices!

    It was nearly full but I didn't see a bottle of wine on any of the tables! We got speaking to other diners who all felt the same as us. If the prices were more reasonable they would sell more and still make a profit! It costs more for a bottle of wine than a 3 course Sunday Lunch even when paying full price!

    Come on Holiday Inn get your act together and then see the customers flock in! "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Had yet another superb Sunday lunch at this restaurant, excellent food, brilliant atmosphere, absolutely no complaints! Carole "
    Posted 4 years, 10 months, 30 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Had a superb three course dinner at the Brooklands on Friday night. Was lucky enough to book on their French Cuisine Night and the food was excellent and the staff and service could not have been better. Would highly recommend this Restaurant. Tracy "
    Posted 5 years, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Sunday lunch with my family was excellent, food, staff and service could not have been better. Joy   "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Have been twice to this restaurant in as many weeks, the food is of excellent Quality, the staff very friendly and even without the tastecard discount is very good value for money. Carole   "
    Posted 5 years, 3 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Steven said:
    " A pleasant lunch in nice quiet surroundings Will come again "
    Posted 2 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said:
    " No problem with card. Lovely battered fish, I am not a lover of the big chunky chips. We had a 25 wait for our meal but it was fine when it arrived. "
    Posted 3 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said: "Tasty food brilliant service
    Me and the wife just had evening meal here, food and service fantastic, nothing else to say...:-) "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • JOANNE said:
    " Fantastic food "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dawn said: "Lovely food
    Had to wait along time for food to be served. But rhe food was lovely. To say it was a Saturday night the restaurant was empty whilst in there only another 2 couples were in. There were no atmosphere in the restaurant at all. Staff were passing through to go to the functions. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Robert said:
    " Dinner for two on Monday evening. The starters were good but the main courses, two Beef Wellington, were dreadful. It was supposed to be fillet steak but I have never seen fillet steak with gristle in it making cutting it a mammoth task. We could not eat it and sent it back, paid for one of the two starters and a bottle of wine and left.
    The situation was not helped by the waitress saying there was nothing wrong with steak and that we just did not like the Beef Wellington. I have been dining out for over 50 years and know what fillet steak should be like but this was, at best, rump and not very good rump at that.
    I shall not be going there again. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 28 days ago...
    7 out of 7 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Margaret said:
    " We have been for Sunday Lunch today and the meal was really good value for money - special offer through Bee Vouchers 2 for 1!

    The only thing that lets it down is the drinks prices - especially the wine which is extortionate! We usually share a bottle of wine but not at those prices!

    It was nearly full but I didn't see a bottle of wine on any of the tables! We got speaking to other diners who all felt the same as us. If the prices were more reasonable they would sell more and still make a profit! It costs more for a bottle of wine than a 3 course Sunday Lunch even when paying full price!

    Come on Holiday Inn get your act together and then see the customers flock in! "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Had yet another superb Sunday lunch at this restaurant, excellent food, brilliant atmosphere, absolutely no complaints! Carole "
    Posted 4 years, 10 months, 30 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Had a superb three course dinner at the Brooklands on Friday night. Was lucky enough to book on their French Cuisine Night and the food was excellent and the staff and service could not have been better. Would highly recommend this Restaurant. Tracy "
    Posted 5 years, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Sunday lunch with my family was excellent, food, staff and service could not have been better. Joy   "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Have been twice to this restaurant in as many weeks, the food is of excellent Quality, the staff very friendly and even without the tastecard discount is very good value for money. Carole   "
    Posted 5 years, 3 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review